Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2605685 times)

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spurs
« Reply #12200 on: May 13, 2018, 02:25:12 pm »
Bleacher Report saying we're looking into the possibility of signing Alderweireld.  ;D Bring Erickson with you Toby.  ;D
Please no.... don't bring Erickson with you.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12201 on: May 13, 2018, 02:28:05 pm »
He's hardly tarnished it. Outside of Liverpool I don't think anybody really cares!

Haha, virtually every team's fans were taking the piss out of him. It was and is pretty universal. Just go on any non-partisan football forum (reddit, guardian comments) and you will see.

To be honest Kane's rep has taken a hit this season in multiple ways - diving, stupidly violent tackles. The whole claiming a goal which he quite clearly didn't touch, swearing he did on his daughters life, then the report of him feeling bullied by everyone (including the FA!) just took it to a new level.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12202 on: May 13, 2018, 02:46:20 pm »
So they sold Kyle Walker last year and now have Kyle Walker-Peters starting for them? Their cloning program is obviously going well to be fair, but their filenames might need work or the FA might get suspicious.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #12203 on: May 13, 2018, 03:58:19 pm »
He's hardly tarnished it. Outside of Liverpool I don't think anybody really cares!
he's the laughing stock of all teams. Sure even Roma took the piss ;D

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool till I die
« Reply #12204 on: May 13, 2018, 04:00:10 pm »
If the score stays like this, spurs will have suprsed the hell out of themselves.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

- Rafa Benitez : RIP Ray.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12205 on: May 13, 2018, 04:57:10 pm »
Lucky.

Lucky we also had to rest players in champions league to finish above us.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12206 on: May 13, 2018, 05:00:05 pm »
Apparently the golden boot isn't particularly important to Harry now. Consistency is where it's at. Sadly Johnny-come-lately's like Mo will never understand...

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/958976/Liverpool-Harry-Kane-Mohamed-Salah-Golden-Boot-Tottenham-rumours-gossip-news

"It's been another good year, another consistent year and hopefully I can score a few more and try to get to that 30 goal mark in the Premier League," Kane told Sky Sports.

"I'm happy, it's been a good season, it's been consistent over the whole season. There's been rare spells where I've not scored, I always try to improve and where I can get better and I've done better than last year.

"Of course, I want to retain the boot but consistency is the most important thing for me, getting 25-plus goals in the Premier League season after season.

"And there'll always be players who come and do well. Mo's had a fantastic year, who knows what'll happen, but for me it's about doing it year after year."

This guy should thank the lord every night that no matter how much shit he chats the world still contains Jose Mourinho, and consequently he's not quite the "biggest bellend in football"

- Here he is! - Grrrr! - the fella who nicked me job.
- Didn't nick it.
- I didn't want it.
- He begged for it back.
- Didn't! What are you talking about?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12207 on: May 13, 2018, 05:08:04 pm »
Salah will have to maintain his scoring record for longer than 6 months, say like another three seasons before he can be mentioned in the same breath as Kane.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12208 on: May 13, 2018, 05:10:39 pm »

Finally, the truth is out.  Harry Kane is Primativ.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12209 on: May 13, 2018, 05:16:13 pm »
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12210 on: May 13, 2018, 05:18:01 pm »
For about 24 hours and then everybody moved on  ;D I think tarnished his reputation is a little bit of an exageration.

It has died down a fair bit now, but it was far longer than 24 hours and will continue to crop up from fans of any club in the future when they want to mock him.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12211 on: May 13, 2018, 05:26:08 pm »
For about 24 hours and then everybody moved on  ;D I think tarnished his reputation is a little bit of an exageration.

He was monumentally taken the piss out of on a national scale and is still taken the piss out of to this day. Rightly so too.

Is there no end to the amount of shite that spurs fans talk in this thread? Just assume they must be all 12.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12212 on: May 13, 2018, 05:29:33 pm »
Spurs achieved most they can achieve and it’s still nowhere near enough for a trophy of any kind. This is their peak - only way is down now.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12213 on: May 13, 2018, 05:30:17 pm »
For about 24 hours andthen everybody moved on  ;D I think tarnished his reputation is a little bit of an exageration.

Kane certainly didn't.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12214 on: May 13, 2018, 05:55:00 pm »
Spurs achieved most they can achieve and it’s still nowhere near enough for a trophy of any kind. This is their peak - only way is down now.

People have been saying that for the last 4 of 5 years now. You might be right, but with the new stadium on the horizon I think there's still plenty of room for optimism.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12215 on: May 13, 2018, 05:57:03 pm »
People have been saying that for the last 4 of 5 years now. You might be right, but with the new stadium on the horizon I think there's still plenty of room for optimism.

I don't think you can go a level higher than you are, not without financial backing and the ability to bring in players. That doesn't mean you'll drop out to midtable, but you'll be good, just not better than what you are.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #12216 on: May 13, 2018, 06:01:54 pm »
I don't think you can go a level higher than you are, not without financial backing and the ability to bring in players. That doesn't mean you'll drop out to midtable, but you'll be good, just not better than what you are.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - If we beat Real Madrid, Zidane gets sacked. There's then no way they don't go for Pochettino, and he'd be an absolute idiot if he doesn't go there as well. Appointing the right man to continue what Pochettino has been doing, and also not losing the likes of Kane/Ali/Eriksen, will then be a big task.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12217 on: May 13, 2018, 06:09:48 pm »
I've said it before and I'll say it again - If we beat Real Madrid, Zidane gets sacked. There's then no way they don't go for Pochettino, and he'd be an absolute idiot if he doesn't go there as well. Appointing the right man to continue what Pochettino has been doing, and also not losing the likes of Kane/Ali/Eriksen, will then be a big task.

I think he'd be an absolute idiot to go there personally - he's not a manager that has a massive influence straight away. He's a manager that needs to build a philosophy and he simply won't get that time at Madrid. He also doesn't take any shit. Walker, Rose and Alderweireld are all players that have gobbed off to the media or caused disruption - and all players that found themselves promptly dropped from the team. He'd never put up with the egos at Madrid!

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12218 on: May 13, 2018, 06:11:37 pm »
I think he'd be an absolute idiot to go there personally - he's not a manager that has a massive influence straight away. He's a manager that needs to build a philosophy and he simply won't get that time at Madrid. He also doesn't take any shit. Walker, Rose and Alderweireld are all players that have gobbed off to the media or caused disruption - and all players that found themselves promptly dropped from the team. He'd never put up with the egos at Madrid!

I think you mean the egos wouldn't put up with him. They managed to ruin Mourinho, god only knows what they'd do to Pochettino.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12219 on: May 13, 2018, 06:13:23 pm »
I think you mean the egos wouldn't put up with him. They managed to ruin Mourinho, god only knows what they'd do to Pochettino.

Yeah, true enough!

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #12220 on: May 13, 2018, 07:15:20 pm »

Has he taken Spurs as far as he can though? I think that might be the thinking there, unless he wants to stay on and do a Wenger and just get a Champions League  spot year after year whilst doing nothing of consequence in Europe. Perhaps he'll give it another go to finally win a trophy for Spurs' golden boys, but time really is running out. This team won't stay together forever. Plus all the talk of trophies not being important - I can see why he'd want to stay.

But the fact of the matter is unless you're Manchester City or Chelsea, if Real Madrid come knocking on your door waving wads of cash at your face it'd be really hard to turn them down.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12221 on: May 13, 2018, 07:17:22 pm »
Has he taken Spurs as far as he can though? I think that might be the thinking there, unless he wants to stay on and do a Wenger and just get a Champions League  spot year after year whilst doing nothing of consequence in Europe. Perhaps he'll give it another go to finally win a trophy for Spurs' golden boys, but time really is running out. This team won't stay together forever. Plus all the talk of trophies not being important - I can see why he'd want to stay.

But the fact of the matter is unless you're Manchester City or Chelsea, if Real Madrid come knocking on your door waving wads of cash at your face it'd be really hard to turn them down.

Any decent manager should forget Madrid. They will sign who they want with no manager input, ridiculous pressure, break you as a manager and then sack you after you lose a game.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12222 on: May 13, 2018, 07:36:50 pm »
Any decent manager should forget Madrid. They will sign who they want with no manager input, ridiculous pressure, break you as a manager and then sack you after you lose a game.

It is undeniably a big job though and by their nature, football managers have confidence in their own abilities so wouldn't duck out of the challenge they would represent even if it wasn't actually their best option in reality.

His best option next would seem to be a richer club than Spurs though, just not one as impatient as Madrid are with their managers so he would have more than that first season to get things sorted to his liking.

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #12223 on: May 13, 2018, 07:44:42 pm »

It's still seen as the pinnacle for many managers though, particularly as he's from South America and speaks Spanish. Just like for some players, as we've unfortunately experienced, going to play for either Barca or Madrid is seen as the pinnacle of their careers. He already plays a style of football that would suit Madrid, knows the language, and would have an unlimited budget to work with. He'd nearly be guaranteed success as well. It's difficult not to win a trophy with them.

Fair play if he stays though. He is human after all and may want to think about himself and his family in terms of finances because Real would double or probably even triple what he's earning now. But then again football managers have a much, much longer shelf life than footballers so he may go there again one day anyway. If Zidane does get the sack, I think they'll go for him. Whether or not he leaves will be one of those sagas to keep an eye on during the summer.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12224 on: May 13, 2018, 07:44:57 pm »
It is undeniably a big job though and by their nature, football managers have confidence in their own abilities so wouldn't duck out of the challenge they would represent even if it wasn't actually their best option in reality.

His best option next would seem to be a richer club than Spurs though, just not one as impatient as Madrid are with their managers so he would have more than that first season to get things sorted to his liking.

I get it and its probably prestigious to have it on the CV as it is for the player. But no manager is staying there long.

I guess the advantage is that you have a great chance of winning things and your rep doesnt get a big hammering.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12225 on: May 13, 2018, 07:56:27 pm »
I get it and its probably prestigious to have it on the CV as it is for the player. But no manager is staying there long.

I guess the advantage is that you have a great chance of winning things and your rep doesnt get a big hammering.

Totally agree. Unless the media has an agenda against you, ie Rafa, then getting sacked from the Madrid job is not going to stain you as a manager, seeing as they have been prepared to sack title winning managers.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12226 on: May 13, 2018, 07:58:14 pm »
Totally agree. Unless the media has an agenda against you, ie Rafa, then getting sacked from the Madrid job is not going to stain you as a manager, seeing as they have been prepared to sack title winning managers.
Rafa would have been able to get another napoli level club after if he'd waited. Seemed to want to just straight back in to management.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12227 on: May 13, 2018, 08:00:21 pm »
With the move to the new stadium they'll have to sell to buy imo. It's the same problem Arsenal had after moving to The Emirates.

Could see Alderwiereld, Rose, Wanyama and Sissoko all moving on in the summer.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12228 on: May 13, 2018, 08:09:43 pm »
With the move to the new stadium they'll have to sell to buy imo. It's the same problem Arsenal had after moving to The Emirates.

Could see Alderwiereld, Rose, Wanyama and Sissoko all moving on in the summer.

Most of those guys are fringe players at the moment so I don't think it'll be a big problem for them. Their squad is pretty strong right now so I don't see them slipping away anytime soon, provided they don't lose someone important and squander the fee.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12229 on: May 13, 2018, 08:11:28 pm »
Spurs fans celebrating finishing above Liverpool like it's some sort of fantastic achievement is the most Spurs thing ever.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #12230 on: May 13, 2018, 08:13:59 pm »
Spurs fans celebrating finishing above Liverpool like it's some sort of fantastic achievement is the most Spurs thing ever.

If we win the Champions League and Pochettino gets asked about it next season he would probably say "Yeah but can they do it consistently?"  :D

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12231 on: May 13, 2018, 08:14:24 pm »

:lmao

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12232 on: May 13, 2018, 08:17:48 pm »
If we win the Champions League and Pochettino gets asked about it next season he would probably say "Yeah but can they do it consistently?"  :D

;D
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #12233 on: May 13, 2018, 08:30:55 pm »
Most of those guys are fringe players at the moment so I don't think it'll be a big problem for them. Their squad is pretty strong right now so I don't see them slipping away anytime soon, provided they don't lose someone important and squander the fee.

Poch dropping “back me or sack me” threats to Levy? I think the stadium is seriously overspent and cash flow is becoming a problem.

Joe Anderson take note
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12234 on: May 13, 2018, 08:48:48 pm »

To be fair, finishing above the European Champions is a fantastic achievement.

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #12235 on: May 13, 2018, 08:53:14 pm »
To be fair, finishing above the European Champions is a fantastic achievement.

Does that make them European Champions in their own right?

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12236 on: May 13, 2018, 09:05:18 pm »
Coutinho hattrick- mad game. Great finish

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #12237 on: May 13, 2018, 09:07:35 pm »

?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12238 on: May 13, 2018, 09:08:04 pm »

He’s linking up nicely with Eriksen and Alli.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12239 on: May 13, 2018, 09:08:25 pm »
?

Balls thought I was in the Spanish footy thread.

Anyway- Spurs are shite