Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 586671 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #3120 on: September 2, 2018, 05:05:17 pm »
'Errr' no, it's not. The person getting pelters for predicting Lallana would leave didn't know Oxlade-Chamberlain would be out for so long, and might have had a different view if he/she had.

Gentle ribbing = Pelters now.  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3121 on: September 2, 2018, 05:09:24 pm »
Gentle ribbing = Pelters now.  ;D
Fair shout, have amended my post :D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3122 on: September 2, 2018, 05:15:49 pm »
'Errr' no, it's not. The person getting a gentle ribbing for predicting Lallana would leave didn't know Oxlade-Chamberlain would be out for so long, and might have had a different view if he/she had.

We knew that he would be out until at least January, so it's not like he didn't know that Ox wouldnt feature at all, so I am not giving him the benefit of the doubt because I've already discussed this 20 pages ago about my reasoning for Lallana still having a part to play here, regardless of Ox's injury or not, it was more to do with his ability and how Klopp view's him.

If you are arsed you can go back and read it, I'm certainly not repeating the same thing.

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3123 on: September 2, 2018, 05:20:41 pm »
We knew that he would be out until at least January, so it's not like he didn't know that Ox wouldnt feature at all, so I am not giving him the benefit of the doubt because I've already discussed this 20 pages ago about my reasoning for Lallana still having a part to play here, regardless of Ox's injury or not, it was more to do with his ability and how Klopp view's him.

If you are arsed you can go back and read it, I'm certainly not repeating the same thing.

V early days and a rush of games coming, but he certainly looks to be on the fringes so far

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3124 on: September 2, 2018, 05:26:20 pm »
V early days and a rush of games coming, but he certainly looks to be on the fringes so far

By that same logic you could say that Fabinho is beyond help sine he's not even making the bench and Lallana is.

Flawed reasoning, by your own admission you know with the rush of games coming that he will play a part, no ifs and or's about it. [if fit]

Which is what my original argument in this thread was about Klopp rates him highly, if you're picked up on his comments on Lallana even when he wasn't asked about him, you know how fascinated he is about his ability

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3125 on: September 2, 2018, 05:39:52 pm »
Lallana's stats for appearances per season and goal/assists per appearance make him a candidate for an attacking midfield role in a lesser side imho.

He's a good player, but he can't stay fit and doesn't have enough end product too much of the time.

All the people belting on endlessly about how Henderson isn't good enough for Liverpool must surely feel the same way about Lallana

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3126 on: September 2, 2018, 05:48:19 pm »
Lallana's stats for appearances per season and goal/assists per appearance make him a candidate for an attacking midfield role in a lesser side imho.

He's a good player, but he can't stay fit and doesn't have enough end product too much of the time.

All the people belting on endlessly about how Henderson isn't good enough for Liverpool must surely feel the same way about Lallana

Whilst I’m not making a comment on Hendo either way, Lallana the season before last was brilliant for us (excluding games in the front 3). Arguably as good for us as Coutinho. I was hoping he was going to be like a new signing this year, and Klopp has always loved him. It’s worrying that he can’t get a game after a full pre-season.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3127 on: September 2, 2018, 05:59:33 pm »
Whilst I’m not making a comment on Hendo either way, Lallana the season before last was brilliant for us (excluding games in the front 3). Arguably as good for us as Coutinho. I was hoping he was going to be like a new signing this year, and Klopp has always loved him. It’s worrying that he can’t get a game after a full pre-season.
For him, definitely.
For us, it's just a sign of greater competition for places, which is a good thing.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3128 on: September 2, 2018, 06:02:19 pm »
For him, definitely.
For us, it's just a sign of greater competition for places, which is a good thing.

Not for me mate. I think the Lallana of 2 years ago should easily get in a midfield of Gini Hendo and Milly.  I was hoping he could rotate as the creativity in midfield with Keita. 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3129 on: September 2, 2018, 06:05:42 pm »

1. For a midfield player, he scores enough and has enough end product. He's had one injury ravaged season which was last year, prior to that he made 39,41,49 appearances, and scored 8,7 and 6 goals respectively in each season. His last bast season before he got injured, he had 8 goals and 8 or so assists. For a midfield player, that is certainly more than enough productivity

2. Lallana is certainly good enough to be playing for this football club, as is Henderson, at least to contribute through out the season, Lallana is a better footballer than Henderson imo, but both are greatly appreciated by the manager and viewed highly  so I personally am not arsed what others think as Klopp's view is the most imortant. ''The fact that we got to the Champions League final without Lallana is wow, really impressive'' and I am paraphrasing, this was said by Klopp when he was talking about last year's run in, he wasn't even asked about Lallana when he said that.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3130 on: September 2, 2018, 06:08:00 pm »
Not quite sure why people are so keen to stick the boot into Liverpool players?  :o Last season we were good enough to get to the CL Final and should have finished higher in the league. This season we've added four excellent players to that team/squad. Hendo, Lallana, Moreno etc are all perfectly good enough to play for us, and contribute heavily as well.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3131 on: September 2, 2018, 06:08:29 pm »
Not for me mate. I think the Lallana of 2 years ago should easily get in a midfield of Gini Hendo and Milly.  I was hoping he could rotate as the creativity in midfield with Keita. 
'The Lallana of 2 years ago' made only 26 league starts and dropped off alarmingly in terms of goals and assists during the second half of the season.

That's the best he's managed in 4 full seasons, and it's not quite good enough. For me he's close, but not quite at the level required, mostly because of his persistent fitness issues.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3132 on: September 2, 2018, 06:11:46 pm »
'The Lallana of 2 years ago' made only 26 league starts and dropped off alarmingly in terms of goals and assists during the second half of the season.

That's the best he's managed in 4 full seasons, and it's not quite good enough. For me he's close, but not quite at the level required, mostly because of his persistent fitness issues.

Only? That's 70 percent of the league season, you make it sound like he made a handfull of appearances. We don't need him for all 38 league games, we need him to contribute when he does play, and if he makes 15 appearances and does well in said appearances, his contribution is valuable.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3133 on: September 2, 2018, 06:12:41 pm »
Not quite sure why people are so keen to stick the boot into Liverpool players?  :o Last season we were good enough to get to the CL Final and should have finished higher in the league. This season we've added four excellent players to that team/squad. Hendo, Lallana, Moreno etc are all perfectly good enough to play for us, and contribute heavily as well.

Exactly, we're not talking about starting in ever single match, we're talking about making a contribution through out a 50-60 match campaign, every contribution is valuable.

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3134 on: September 2, 2018, 06:13:46 pm »
Henderson and Lallana are very similar cases for me. If they could stay fit, they could definitely do a job in the first XI of a title winning side, as long as there are a few other slightly better players (the likes of Suarez, Coutinho, Gerrard, Salah etc i.e. properly top class) around to bring the overall level of the team up a touch.

The problem for both of them has been injuries. For too long both have picked up a variety of problems which have prevented them from being consistently available and able to hold down a first team place. No reason to think that will change for either of them at this stage in their careers.

Moreno... that's another matter IMHO, but this isn't his thread anyway.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3135 on: September 2, 2018, 06:15:18 pm »
Henderson and Lallana are very similar cases for me. If they could stay fit, they could definitely do a job in the first XI of a title winning side, as long as there are a few other slightly better players (the likes of Suarez, Coutinho, Gerrard, Salah etc i.e. properly top class) around to bring the overall level of the team up a touch.

The problem for both of them has been injuries. For too long both have picked up a variety of problems which have prevented them from being consistently available and able to hold down a first team place. No reason to think that will change for either of them at this stage in their careers.

They don't have to be in the first XI consistently to make a contribution, that's the entire crux of this debate that started this several pages ago and my original point when Cannuck was making a fool out of himself.

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3136 on: September 2, 2018, 06:15:33 pm »
Only? That's 70 percent of the league season, you make it sound like he made a handfull of appearances. We don't need him for all 38 league games, we need him to contribute when he does play, and if he makes 15 appearances and does well in said appearances, his contribution is valuable.

Ok fair enough, I think we basically agree.
What I'm saying is, he can't be our first choice attacking midfielder, because he's never stayed fit for an entire season throughout his time at LFC.

He's a good player though, and definitely good enough for the squad. So we're saying the same thing more or less.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3137 on: September 2, 2018, 06:16:44 pm »
Ok fair enough, I think we basically agree.
What I'm saying is, he can't be our first choice attacking midfielder, because he's never stayed fit for an entire season throughout his time at LFC.

He's a good player though, and definitely good enough for the squad. So we're saying the same thing more or less.

Yeah pretty much mate, I think you missed a big context of this original debate, where cannuck was dismissing him all together saying he wouldn't play any part whatsoever. I never expected him to be first choice, but he def. has a role to play this year, hopefully injury permitting.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3138 on: September 2, 2018, 06:21:56 pm »

The entire team dropped off, and that’s when he was getting played in the front 3 where he isn’t suited and doesn’t produce.  Prior to that he was great. The boss adores him too.

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3139 on: September 2, 2018, 06:24:51 pm »
Yeah pretty much mate, I think you missed a big context of this original debate, where cannuck was dismissing him all together saying he wouldn't play any part whatsoever. I never expected him to be first choice, but he def. has a role to play this year, hopefully injury permitting.

No doubt.

I do wonder where he fits in if Keita settles well and Oxlade-Chamberlain's knee recovers fully, particularly as he starts to get into his early 30s.
But that's a worry for next season.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3140 on: September 2, 2018, 06:36:03 pm »
No doubt.

I do wonder where he fits in if Keita settles well and Oxlade-Chamberlain's knee recovers fully, particularly as he starts to get into his early 30s.
But that's a worry for next season.

For sure and I think whatever happens to him this year both in production and injury wise will help determine what happens to him next summer.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3141 on: September 2, 2018, 07:39:57 pm »
His ability to hold onto the ball in tight spaces would have been useful at Leicester.

When a team presses and the opposition retreat with backwards passing then it encourages them.  This was us encouraging Leicester for an hour yesterday - exemplified by their goal.  When a team presses and gets picked off by someone with the technique of Lallana they hesitate the next time.

Sadly he seems to be a way down the pecking order currently.  I know Klopp has been asked endlessly about Fabinho but does anyone know if he's recently stated his thoughts on Lallana?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3142 on: September 2, 2018, 07:42:06 pm »
Sadly he seems to be a way down the pecking order currently.  I know Klopp has been asked endlessly about Fabinho but does anyone know if he's recently stated his thoughts on Lallana?
Lallana has been picked in every match day squad so far, ahead of Fabinho.

To say he’s way down the pecking order seems a bit of an exaggeration.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3143 on: September 2, 2018, 07:44:45 pm »

This. If he doesn't feature at all in any of our games in a couple of weeks you will have your answer but there is a bigger chance of one of us winning the lotto than Lallana not taking part

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3144 on: September 2, 2018, 09:31:43 pm »

And Klopp has been very vocal on the reasons for Fabinho's exclusions.  Like Oxlade-Chamberlain last season he'll be acclimatised and introduced when appropriate.

Lallana, along with Lucas, was one of Klopp's first lieutenants.  To the best of my knowledge he's been fit since April and had a full pre-season, but has made one time-wasting sub appearance so far.  I don't think it's that much of an exaggeration to say he's a way down the pecking order when he's effectively at the bottom of the list of senior midfielders and Klopp isn't a renowned rotator.

As I said, if Klopp has commented I'd be interested to hear.  I really like Lallana as a player and I think we play better football when he's on the pitch.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3145 on: September 2, 2018, 09:43:30 pm »
And Klopp has been very vocal on the reasons for Fabinho's exclusions.  Like Oxlade-Chamberlain last season he'll be acclimatised and introduced when appropriate.

Lallana, along with Lucas, was one of Klopp's first lieutenants.  To the best of my knowledge he's been fit since April and had a full pre-season, but has made one time-wasting sub appearance so far.  I don't think it's that much of an exaggeration to say he's a way down the pecking order when he's effectively at the bottom of the list of senior midfielders and Klopp isn't a renowned rotator.

As I said, if Klopp has commented I'd be interested to hear.  I really like Lallana as a player and I think we play better football when he's on the pitch.
AOC was in every match day squad after signed though so that’s not really a good comparison.

Klopp could easily put Fabinho ahead of Lallana on the bench, but he’s chosen Lallana. So yes it’s an exaggeration to say he’s way down the pecking order.

You can look for hidden meanings as much as you like, but Klopp has picked him in every match day squad so far which disproves your theory.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3146 on: September 2, 2018, 10:02:43 pm »
AOC was in every match day squad after signed though so that’s not really a good comparison.

Klopp could easily put Fabinho ahead of Lallana on the bench, but he’s chosen Lallana. So yes it’s an exaggeration to say he’s way down the pecking order.

You can look for hidden meanings as much as you like, but Klopp has picked him in every match day squad so far which disproves your theory.

Oxlade-Chamberlain was signed from Arsenal having played his entire career in the Premier League.  He was acclimatising to a different system; not a different system, new league and new country.

I'm not looking for hidden meanings or trying to prove a 'theory'.  Lallana is seemingly fifth out of five and this is without Fabinho at some point being reintroduced.  Klopp has shown that in all but the heaviest periods of the season that he doesn't really rotate so being fifth choice in a three-man midfield isn't a great place to be.

Very small sample-size, granted, but...
Wijnaldum; 360 minutes
Milner; 337 minutes
Keita; 265 minutes
Henderson; 136 minutes (off the back of a late pre-season - would expect his minutes to increase from here-on)
Lallana; 3 minutes

I fully get that we want and need a big squad.  Injuries and midweek games will bring Lallana into the team and hopefully he'll do enough to stay there, not just fill a shirt until one of the core midfielders returns.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3147 on: September 2, 2018, 10:09:41 pm »
Oxlade-Chamberlain was signed from Arsenal having played his entire career in the Premier League.  He was acclimatising to a different system; not a different system, new league and new country.

I'm not looking for hidden meanings or trying to prove a 'theory'.  Lallana is seemingly fifth out of five and this is without Fabinho at some point being reintroduced.  Klopp has shown that in all but the heaviest periods of the season that he doesn't really rotate so being fifth choice in a three-man midfield isn't a great place to be.

Very small sample-size, granted, but...
Wijnaldum; 360 minutes
Milner; 337 minutes
Keita; 265 minutes
Henderson; 136 minutes (off the back of a late pre-season - would expect his minutes to increase from here-on)
Lallana; 3 minutes

I fully get that we want and need a big squad.  Injuries and midweek games will bring Lallana into the team and hopefully he'll do enough to stay there, not just fill a shirt until one of the core midfielders returns.

Klopp isn't a rotator? Did you sleep through the entire season last year? Look at last season and who played in midfield from game to game, from CL to league match,etc...

Klopp already commented on so far that this is a very rare instance where he's lined up relatively the same side number of games in a row, because we've had 7 to 8 games in between and he full acknowledged that once we start playing 3 games a week, that no longer will be the case which is why he wanted a big squad.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #3148 on: September 2, 2018, 10:26:52 pm »
Sane wasn't in the City side, again. He's had a full pre-season without any World Cup involvement. He was definitely one of the key players in City's side last season. Just because he's not playing now doesn't mean he's out of the pecking order, or won't play an important part of their squad during this season.

Same goes for Lallana, Fabinho and anyone else who hasn't yet featured heavily but has the quality. It's a long, hard season. We're only four games in.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3149 on: September 2, 2018, 10:29:44 pm »
Klopp already commented on so far that this is a very rare instance where he's lined up relatively the same side number of games in a row, because we've had 7 to 8 games in between and he full acknowledged that once we start playing 3 games a week, that no longer will be the case which is why he wanted a big squad.
Time will tell on that one.  He also said the ideal squad size is 11 and no injuries.  Clearly the latter comment was somewhat tongue in cheek but I can't see him just swapping players in and out from game to game for the sake of rotating.

Klopp isn't a rotator? Did you sleep through the entire season last year? Look at last season and who played in midfield from game to game, from CL to league match,etc...
Last season Wijnaldum, Henderson and Can all started 30+ games.  Milner wasn't far behind with 26 starts.  It was hardly the case that we had half a dozen players all coming in with similar numbers of appearances (had Oxlade-Chamberlain been here from the start and both he and Lallana been fit throughout then that may have ended up being the case - who knows?).

It was more stark up-front where the main men played in almost every game with Sturridge and Solanke the next in line at 5 starts each.  Different position and the drop-off in quality was greater but, again, if Klopp was wedded to the idea of rotating then he'd have found a way to get more games for Sturridge, Solanke, Ings and even Woodburn.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3150 on: September 2, 2018, 10:44:04 pm »
Time will tell on that one.  He also said the ideal squad size is 11 and no injuries.  Clearly the latter comment was somewhat tongue in cheek but I can't see him just swapping players in and out from game to game for the sake of rotating.
Last season Wijnaldum, Henderson and Can all started 30+ games.  Milner wasn't far behind with 26 starts.  It was hardly the case that we had half a dozen players all coming in with similar numbers of appearances (had Oxlade-Chamberlain been here from the start and both he and Lallana been fit throughout then that may have ended up being the case - who knows?).

It was more stark up-front where the main men played in almost every game with Sturridge and Solanke the next in line at 5 starts each.  Different position and the drop-off in quality was greater but, again, if Klopp was wedded to the idea of rotating then he'd have found a way to get more games for Sturridge, Solanke, Ings and even Woodburn.

You must have missed the first half of last season where we made the most changes in the league week to week when we had the players available to do it.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3151 on: September 2, 2018, 11:08:19 pm »

So why bring it up if its clearly tongue in cheek and not even remotely relevant or realistic to what I said? And when did anyone suggest that he would be rotating for the sake of rotating? If you look at the schedule, and the amount of games we play, and the type of games we will be playing in the next two months he will have to rotate, not for rotating for the sake of it but to make sure we are competitive through out the year and fully able to perform and get results.

He did this last year when he had the players available to make changes. Injuries prevented him from doing so for the last 2 months when Can,Ox and Lallana were injured, Lallana was also injured for much of the year, Coutinho also played in midfield for the first half of the year.

Here are articles and quotes that fully back up what I'm saying in regards to rotation

Dec 19, 2017 - The debate over rotation has been especially strong given Liverpool dropping points recently. But would they be so potent without regular rest? - ESPN

Dec 15, 2017 - PHIL NEVILLE has defended Jurgen Klopp for consistently rotating his squad, despite Liverpool drawing their last two games. - Express

Mar 2, 2018 - Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has explained why his rotation method is so important for the performance of the first team. - Teamtalk

Dec 16, 2017 - Jurgen Klopp defended his rotation policy after making changes for Liverpool's back-to-back home draws in the Premier League this month. - Goal.com

Sadio Mane says he has no problem with Jurgen Klopp's rotation policy at Liverpool, having missed a couple of Premier League matches recently.

Dec 12, 2017 - Mohamed Salah may be next in line for Jürgen Klopp's rotation policy after the Liverpool manager withdrew his leading scorer against Everton ...- Guardian

Sep 14, 2017 - Rotation policy. Liverpool have kept a pair of clean sheets and conceded only one shot on target in their two Premier League matches at ... Premierleague.com

Mar 2, 2018 - Liverpool's rotation policy earlier in the season has led to the current fitness situation – of no major injuries in the senior squad – according to . - Liverpoolfc.com

Aug 18, 2018 - Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has issued a warning to his star ... Jurgen Klopp warns stars not to have a problem with squad rotation. - Yahoo.com

Feb 4, 2018 - Manchester City are not the only club breaking records. ... the concept of rotation to England, through his tinkering at Liverpool in a different era, .. - Telegraph

There are loads of articles out there that talk about our rotation from last season and also this season's plans

It was more stark up-front where the main men played in almost every game with Sturridge and Solanke the next in line at 5 starts each.  Different position and the drop-off in quality was greater but, again, if Klopp was wedded to the idea of rotating then he'd have found a way to get more games for Sturridge, Solanke, Ings and even Woodburn

When Coutinho was at the club, Klopp consistently rotated one or two out of the three, however the drop off in quality after he left for the front three is significant, and the form they are in, you can not rotate them as much, if we had 3 just as good players on the bench in those same positions perhaps there would have been more rotaton.

Also, the midfield does the leg work for the most part, it's the most demanding area in a Klopp side you can not compare the two, also the drop off in quality is very very minimal if at all existent between Henderson,Fabinho,Milner,Wijnaldum,Keita,Lallana as a group , you can rotate more and you have to rotate more in order to make sure that these players can maintain the longevity through out the season

There will be rotation, not because of rotating sakes but for multitude of reasons, it happened last year and it will happen even more so this year.

Klopp not being a rotator is rubbish.

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3152 on: September 2, 2018, 11:57:56 pm »

Neither  is good enough to start in a title winning side but both good enough as squad players, Lallana doesn't impact games with production enough and seems to have lost a yard of pace and he wasn't quick to begin with.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3153 on: September 3, 2018, 12:44:53 am »
Neither  is good enough to start in a title winning side but both good enough as squad players, Lallana doesn't impact games with production enough and seems to have lost a yard of pace and he wasn't quick to begin with.

Stats say he does, for a midfielder, he produces enough to make a contribution.

This whole notion that you need 11 world class players in your starting XI to win the title is a pure myth, it's been proven countless times in the past not to be the case.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #3154 on: September 3, 2018, 01:26:59 am »
It's interesting that he's gone straight back into the England squad despite barely featuring in competitive games and looking a bit off the pace during pre-season.  He even almost made the World Cup squad on the back of hardly playing all season.  Southgate clearly rates him very highly!

Hopefully he's linking up with England with Klopp's blessing.  Getting an hour or so in could be beneficial for him, assuming England don't decide to flog him and send him back broken (again).

England desperately need what he brings.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3155 on: September 3, 2018, 09:44:58 am »
England desperately need what he brings.

No for long, Maddison will be taking his place. Still think we missed a trick with that one. Quality player even though Leicester probably better for his development. 
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3156 on: September 3, 2018, 10:04:35 am »
No for long, Maddison will be taking his place. Still think we missed a trick with that one. Quality player even though Leicester probably better for his development. 
I feel for players like Maddison. Far, far too much hype for having done very little in the game.

People get too excited about 'potential'.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #3157 on: September 3, 2018, 11:52:59 am »
I was also impressed by Maddison, seems like a natural Lallana's replacement
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3158 on: September 3, 2018, 12:02:00 pm »
I feel for players like Maddison. Far, far too much hype for having done very little in the game.

People get too excited about 'potential'.

He was one of the best players in the Championship at a bang average Norwich side and has started the season really well.

Were you saying the same about Dele Alli three years ago when he started well at Spurs? With some players it's obvious they have a very high ceiling. Maddison is one of those.

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3159 on: September 3, 2018, 12:06:40 pm »
He was one of the best players in the Championship at a bang average Norwich side and has started the season really well.

Were you saying the same about Dele Alli three years ago when he started well at Spurs? With some players it's obvious they have a very high ceiling. Maddison is one of those.
I'm not saying he definitely won't make it to be a top class, but it's premature to be carrying on as though he definitely will.

Comparisons with Alli are absurd at this stage.