Author Topic: I saw a ghost tonight.  (Read 121397 times)

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: I saw a ghost tonight.
« Reply #520 on: March 30, 2012, 02:21:28 pm »
There a load of bollocks.

have you tried the board then?
The West is finished, China is the future

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #521 on: March 30, 2012, 02:54:18 pm »
Have you? It was one of your mates moving it. Why does it always need a group for it? Why is it never a solo effort?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline doc_antonio

• Legacy Fan
  • Always look on the bright side of life
« Reply #522 on: March 30, 2012, 03:00:25 pm »

I have. Did nothing.
"When I’ve got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along." - Bill Shankly

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #523 on: March 30, 2012, 03:09:51 pm »
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline NotBeenInAigburthSince2008

• Kopite
« Reply #524 on: March 30, 2012, 03:22:32 pm »

I could hit that cinema with a brick from here.

I saw a ghost once. An old house I used to live in, I woke up bolt upright in the half light of early morning and there was an old woman sitting in the armchair opposite the bed at a 90 degree angle to me. She slowly turned round and looked very indifferently at me. At this point I decided that the vast quantities of booze and ho-chi-minh I'd consumed before bed had got the better of me so I went back to sleep.

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #525 on: March 30, 2012, 03:23:29 pm »
I remember when I was young, my friend and I were playing with the Ouija board, we both swear we didn't guide it. The ghost said to us "boobs"
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: March 30, 2012, 03:29:22 pm »
I remember when I was young, my friend and I were playing with the Ouija board, we both swear we didn't guide it. The ghost said to us "boobs"

Must be real - pair of tits ;)
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: March 30, 2012, 03:41:18 pm »
Have you? It was one of your mates moving it. Why does it always need a group for it? Why is it never a solo effort?

heh relax mate...i have not tried the board and don't really intend to.i don't know if ghosts exist but it is interesting that a number of people here who seem stable have some stories to tell... unless they all are trolling.

The West is finished, China is the future

Offline BruLee

• CrEme
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #528 on: March 30, 2012, 03:42:33 pm »
heh relax mate...i have not tried the board and don't really intend to.i don't know if ghosts exist but it is interesting that a number of people here who seem stable have some stories to tell... unless they all are trolling.

I've also heard stories about the board from a lot of my friends but I won't believe them until I experience it myself.
Follow our football blog at: http://www.footandball.net
Follow us on twitter at: https://twitter.com/footandballblog
Like our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/footandball

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: March 30, 2012, 03:43:26 pm »
I'm relaxed :)

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: March 30, 2012, 04:05:32 pm »
Ok, even if you have an open mind to the existence of ghosts, Ouija boards have been debunked to shit. Your brain subconsciously moves the glass to letters and you don't think you're moving it at all.

On my phone at the moment but YouTube Penn and Teller Ouija boards, it's a great bit on it.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: March 30, 2012, 05:10:49 pm »
I've tried Ouija boards before, or glasses, and stuff, and it can be spooky, or feel as if it is, but then it's not that different from watching a scary film with some friends, you prepare to be frightened. Someone darkens the room, turns the lights out, puts candles on. There's been a few drinks, some laughing and joking, then you get serious.
The important thing is, whatever comes out is no-one's fault, and because of this, inhibitions can be loosened, taboos can be spelt out. It's a group thing, and interesting enough just as that.
Actors do similar kind of things, and writers have all sorts of techniques to put themselves into areas they are uncomfortable with.
It's not much different from the word association thread.
The big difference is the proximity of other people, and their desires to influence the group, and a willingness to interpret 'messages' from the board as if they have a purpose. They don't have a purpose, they're improvisations, and their only source is the group. That's interesting enough, for me at least.
But if you want, or must have,  more 'meaning' to them than that, perhaps don't do them is the best advice.
Otherwise, make up a name, an age, a place, and a character is there. Enjoy.  :)
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: March 30, 2012, 05:26:42 pm »
I saw The Entity when I was about 12 or so, the famous film where a poltergheist rattles a naked Barbara Hershey on her own bed. I immediately became possessed by a bad spirit that made me wait until everyone was in bed, pause the movie at that exact moment and touch myself rather rapidly down below. I never told anyone about that for fear of not being believed.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: March 30, 2012, 05:32:23 pm »
Well I believe you.

Offline myliverbird

• Legacy Fan
  • Claiming the Liverbird since 1986
« Reply #534 on: March 30, 2012, 06:04:10 pm »
Two things I always notice when this subject comes up. Most people who say they've had a paranormal encounter of some sort usually go out of their way to cover all the bases which tells me they may be exaggerating slightly about what happened. For example someone might say they've seen, heard or felt something in their home, workplace etc but when someone trys to rationalise with them and say it could have been light or noise from something or other, they will pull out all the stops to make it sound like it was in fact a paranormal experience. They will say things like the door was closed/opened, windows were shut/opened, no light coming in from anywhere couldn't have been anything else other than a ghost or whatever. Instead of just admtting they mave have got it wrong and it could've and most likely was something else.

Saying that though some of the things the skeptics come out with are down right daft and naive imo. Nothing much has ever happened to me but I will tell you this and this actually happened in front of my eyes. About 9-10 years ago my cousin used to live in a flat in Dublin with his bird, any Irish reds will know it as Ballymun. Anyway he was telling us that he kept hearing little things in the flat and thought he was seeing little things in the corner of his eye, nothing major now just little things here and there. But again anyone who has ever been in a flat in Ballymun will tell you the walls and floors were paper thin, so we always put it down to hearing things from neighbours flats. He was never completely convinced that it was but I used to visit him during the week and to be honest I never heard or saw anything.

Driving by his one night and said I'd pop in for a few minutes and see how he was doing, they were after having a baby not long before. Sitting there chatting away and he's showing me this new camera phone he was after buying, now this was when camera phones were a fairly new thing at the time and you'll probably remember that Vodafone flip up phone it was one of the first camera phones brought out. Had a decent picture considering this was a good few years ago, I remember it well because I went out and bought one the following week :D. Anyway I asked him to take a picture so I could see what it was like, so he takes a couple of pics, yeah thats good I thought blah blah (drinks tea). We walked into his living room and his young girl is playing with her toys on floor so he's trying to get her attention for a picture. When he took the picture he went snow white and when I saw it all the hairs on my neck body stood on end! Behind his little girl in the photo stood a faint women holding or pushing one of them old type prams. Couldn't believe it absolutely in shock we were. He reckons he got a bloke who worked in one of those old photo shops would would print out old photos to look at it and they couldn't explain it. How the fuck do you explain that?

Anyway sorry for babbling on but my point being is you can be as intelligent and scientific as you wish but you've got to admit sometimes in this world weird stuff happens that is pretty difficult to explain. I say sometimes because 90% of the bullshit out there is either fake, exaggerated or can be easily explained. I find it hard to believe much of the stuff I hear or see but im not going to put my head in the sand and say everyone is bullshitting. Take each story on its merits and make your mind up yourself. This is very funny though and you would be inclined to agree with him

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hV5m77_HHKw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hV5m77_HHKw</a>
"Im leaning. This is where I lean"

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: March 30, 2012, 06:11:32 pm »
Put the picture up on here.

Offline myliverbird

• Legacy Fan
  • Claiming the Liverbird since 1986
« Reply #536 on: March 30, 2012, 06:18:56 pm »
Put the picture up on here.

It was about 9 or 10 years mate I dont know if he still has it. I'll say it to him next time I see him though wouldn't mind seeing it again myself to be honest
"Im leaning. This is where I lean"

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: March 30, 2012, 07:00:08 pm »
Camera phones aren't the best quality, and without seeing the image its hard to say how detailed it is. My guess would be it was just how the light in the room fell on objects in the background. I've developed images before now and had unusual things in them, camera phones will have it too, especially being a decade old.

Like I said, it's hard to really debunk it without the picture.

Also, I'd like to know what things skeptics come out with that are either daft or naive, considering we are discussing whether something that makes no sense in any logical way exists. Skeptics are using Occam's razor, I don't see how you can be naive by siding with the simplest and most logical explanation of something that's basically a load of unproven stories.

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: March 30, 2012, 07:05:09 pm »
I assume naive for not thinking there is more out there.

Offline What's the procedure Mr Mod?

• A custom title is the bit that may appear around about here...and believe me, you've got off lightly! Likes a bit of Bottom.
  • Kopite
  • #Lucasisboss
« Reply #539 on: March 30, 2012, 07:23:09 pm »
Dear OP,

No you didn't.

Kind regards,
Twitter me: https://twitter.com/#!/BenLetcher

Justice for the 96 - you'll never walk alone.

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: March 30, 2012, 07:27:23 pm »
I assume naive for not thinking there is more out there.

There may be more out there, but what we find will be explainable, ghosts and spirits fall outside that and always will.

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #541 on: March 30, 2012, 11:54:28 pm »
There's so many logical fallacies in that.

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: March 31, 2012, 10:03:36 am »
You're a logical fallacy. ;D

Yeah, sometimes I don't articulate my thoughts all that well.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #543 on: March 31, 2012, 04:33:05 pm »
Driving by his one night and said I'd pop in for a few minutes and see how he was doing, they were after having a baby not long before. Sitting there chatting away and he's showing me this new camera phone he was after buying, now this was when camera phones were a fairly new thing at the time and you'll probably remember that Vodafone flip up phone it was one of the first camera phones brought out. Had a decent picture considering this was a good few years ago, I remember it well because I went out and bought one the following week :D. Anyway I asked him to take a picture so I could see what it was like, so he takes a couple of pics, yeah thats good I thought blah blah (drinks tea). We walked into his living room and his young girl is playing with her toys on floor so he's trying to get her attention for a picture. When he took the picture he went snow white and when I saw it all the hairs on my neck body stood on end! Behind his little girl in the photo stood a faint women holding or pushing one of them old type prams. Couldn't believe it absolutely in shock we were. He reckons he got a bloke who worked in one of those old photo shops would would print out old photos to look at it and they couldn't explain it. How the fuck do you explain that?

So you had absolute proof of the existence of ghosts and you took it some bloke in a camera shop who was an expert in old photos, rather than a camera phone expert. And why not take it to any of the many people who would have paid a fortune for it?

How the fuck would I explain you seeing a figure that wasn't there? I'd explain it as pareidolia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

And no offense but that whole camera-phone story makes no sense at all. You bought a camera phone and wanted to see what kind of pictures it took so you gave it to someone else to take photos of his kid. Why didn't you take some pictures yourself?

Then you say that he (not you) took the picture to this strange old camera shop. Did he borrow your phone?

Two things I always notice when this subject comes up. Most people who say they've had a paranormal encounter of some sort usually go out of their way to cover all the bases which tells me they may be exaggerating slightly about what happened. For example someone might say they've seen, heard or felt something in their home, workplace etc but when someone trys to rationalise with them and say it could have been light or noise from something or other, they will pull out all the stops to make it sound like it was in fact a paranormal experience.

Hmmm...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: March 31, 2012, 05:02:17 pm »
No, it was his mates phone, he simply mentioned his own along with it.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: March 31, 2012, 05:10:28 pm »
No, it was his mates phone, he simply mentioned his own along with it.

Ah - it's written confusingly. Too many unnecessary details...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: March 31, 2012, 05:16:20 pm »
Haha, indeed.

Maybe it's some quality fishing.

These stories are bullshit because of this and this. Now listen to THIS one...

Offline RedRabbit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #547 on: March 31, 2012, 05:34:33 pm »
You're a logical fallacy. ;D

Yeah, sometimes I don't articulate my thoughts all that well.

Not you Beav.  ;D

The one about the phone further up.

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: March 31, 2012, 06:59:06 pm »
Not you Beav.  ;D

The one about the phone further up.

Oh, haha, my bad, re-read my post and thought it was about mine haha. Yeah, as Alan has quite perfectly said, it has some big ass holes in it.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: March 31, 2012, 07:19:52 pm »
If you were taking a picture of your kid on the floor (shooting down and focussing on a small child) how would there be space for an old woman and the pram in the shot? Was it a tiny little old woman on the floor in front of his kid or was he a really shite photographer who deliberately composed the shot with space for the 'ghost' in the background?

And why didn't anyone see the ghost when they were taking the picture?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #550 on: March 31, 2012, 07:29:30 pm »
Dear OP,

No you didn't.

Kind regards,

This is my response every time this thread gets bumped ;D

Offline mrsphilthefish

• Twitter terrier. Queen of the retweet
  • Legacy Fan
  • I will do what I can to get justice for our 96
« Reply #551 on: March 31, 2012, 09:17:36 pm »
Our daughter who is now 6 used to sleep in the bedroom next to ours. When she was about 2 she used to say there is a lady in my room and she comes when i'm in bed. As our daughter wasn't scared we used to to just go with the flow and say things like "that's nice, she's looking after you" etc. This went on until I fell pregnant with our other daughter who is now 2. The elder daughter moved into another bedroom and the new baby got the room next to ours.

Now our youngest daughter is saying there is a lady in my room. She says she comes every night. When we go in to get her up of a morning the 1st thing she says is "lady's gone now". When we take her to bed of a night she looks around the corner and says "arrrr lady's not here".

Last week she told us "the lady is Mary"...............my nan who brought me up was called Mary!

Our daughter is still convinced that "Mary" comes every night. Our kids have never met my nan as she died before any of them were born and all the photos of her are up in our loft. The little one has never seen a photo of her.
The other day I was telling my auntie what our 2 year old keeps saying so she brought down a large photo with me and Mrphil at our engagement 18 years ago and in the middle of us is my nan. We said to our 2 year old "who is that"...pointing to me and she said "I don't know". We pointed to Mrphil and asked her the same and she said "I don't know, but that is Mary". We nearly dropped the photo!
If it is my nan, then I take comfort that she has come to look after my kids like she looked after me.
There's been many mountains to climb but I can smell Justice.......soon our 96 reds will rest in peace JFT96

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: March 31, 2012, 09:32:34 pm »
My daughter has an imaginary friend named Strongy. He lives in my bedroom, has 84 teeth and is covered in red fur. His dad looks like me, but bigger. He has big muscles, and when Zoey is sleeping, Strongy paints. He stops Zoey from being scared, and poses well for photos.

But the key part is "imaginary".

Offline collytum

• Anny Roader
« Reply #553 on: March 31, 2012, 09:56:40 pm »
alan x, I'm definitely a sceptic on all this and each to their own but your an extreme!your almost becoming defensive about it!No one knows for sure about ghosts, they may or may not exist, they are clearly rare to see if they do but as human beings we dont know and understand everything that goes on in this world and beyond death we know absolutely nothing so why not entertain the idea that it may be possible instead of shooting everyones stories down!

Offline RedRabbit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #554 on: March 31, 2012, 11:22:36 pm »
Because there's no evidence for them?
Because they contradict laws of physics that work everywhere else?
Because they contradict laws of biology that are fully understood and testable?
Because they are wishful thinking?
Because the majority of cases provided have been shown to be frauds or paredolia?
Because they only manifest as humans and not, say, bacteria. Giving credence that they are the products of human imagination?
Because they only appear when our sight is comprimised and when we have a built in 'wariness', i.e. night time?
Because they can walk through walls, but don't fall through floors?
Because most of what you see is not an exact representation of reality, (your brain is constantly filling in blanks)?
Because they never appear to large crowds?
Because if they had the ability to obtain energy from their surroundings then they would be everywhere?
And, to my mind the biggest red flag, because they usually wear clothes or are 'pushing prams', for fuck's sake  ::)?

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: April 1, 2012, 12:33:20 am »
But apart from that, what have ghosts ever done for us?

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #556 on: April 1, 2012, 12:36:29 am »
Because they can walk through walls, but don't fall through floors?

That's the one that's always pissed me off about this stuff. Do they somehow make only the soles of their feet tangible? When they walk through walls they must surely have to make them ethereal again to go through the wall, so why the fuck wouldn't they just fall right through the earth every time they go through a wall? You never really hear of them taking a running jump through a wall, which would make a tiny bit more sense.

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: April 1, 2012, 08:22:47 am »
alan x, I'm definitely a sceptic on all this and each to their own but your an extreme!your almost becoming defensive about it!No one knows for sure about ghosts, they may or may not exist, they are clearly rare to see if they do but as human beings we dont know and understand everything that goes on in this world and beyond death we know absolutely nothing so why not entertain the idea that it may be possible instead of shooting everyones stories down!

No offense, but why the fuck should he entertain these ideas? So because we don't know everything about the universe we should just take every bat shit crazy idea as possible? Like Red Rabbit has said, there are massive reasons why ghosts don't and can't exist, balanced by the evidence of fuck all that they do.

We've gone over this to death, but I'll say it again, extraordinary claims (ie ghosts) require extraordinary evidence. There is NO evidence they exist and a shit ton of reasons they can't exist, therefore we have to conclude that there is a logical explanation for all these stories and tales.

I personally hate that in 2012 we are even debating whether ghosts exist, I would've hoped we lived in an age of reason and logic where fantasy tales of ghouls and fairies were confined to children's story books and Scooby Doo. We can't entertain ideas of ghosts because there is no evidence for them, like there's no evidence for the tooth fairy or elves or dragons or the loch ness monster, they are all tales from a darker time that in the cold light of reason get laughed away for the nonsense they are.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #558 on: April 1, 2012, 10:07:03 am »

I do recall an incident I encountered a few yrs back.

Picture the Scene:

Me and my band mates, there were 4 of us in total, were rehearsing in this Large Hall, in the corner of the room was a Piano.
Often Id record, onto Cassette, some of our rehearsals, so after finishing a tune we did one of the band members had a moment of 'artistic' inspiration and went over to the piano, he played a few notes whilst we all went over to join him, upon finishing I walked over to the Cassette Recorder and switched it off.
Thought nothing of it.
The day after was 11th Septmeber 2001.

Few days after listened back to said recording and , remembering only 4 of us were in the hall at this point, during the Piano recital at the end of our tune a Voice appears to speak on the Tape.
Out of nowhere. No one else apart from us 4 in the room, and it was such a large room youd know if someone else was in there, but this voice comes on the Tape, and it sounds 'Middle Eastern', and appears to say
'In Life Hear A Mans Echo For This Is Not'.
Now ive no idea wtf that means but its fucking spooky and im going to try and dig it out and get it on here.
Freaky as fuck.
My heart sank when I first listened to that.

Further to my previous post, Quoted above, I have found said Audio and here is a link, Judge for yourselves.

Mystery Voice on Tape by dickywaters
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: April 1, 2012, 10:49:21 am »
Is that it?

Ok, first time round, i heard nothing, I heard a bit of jumbled noise that sounded a bit like a voice or running a tape backwards, but it wasnt nothing like a "middle eastern voice saying in life hear a mans echo for this is not."

Second time round, after going to the part in question and reading the words aloud, you can sort of adjust your hearing to hear "In, life...a man..." then the rest is inaudible.

Seriously, thats nothing mate, you are reading into the events of when you first listened to it and finding something you want to find that isnt there because there is a bit of something on the tape that isnt quite right.

Also, have a watch of this video (think its this one anyway) which explains perfectly these sort of things (not sure where abouts it is in the video, but all of it is great viewing):

http://www.ted.com/talks/james_randi.html

Edit: My bad, wrong video, the hearing things where there isnt anything is this video:

http://www.ted.com/talks/michael_shermer_on_believing_strange_things.html

Watch them both. EVERYONE, watch them both.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2012, 10:51:07 am by Beav »