Author Topic: FSG discussion thread  (Read 740749 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: FSG discussion thread
« Reply #6960 on: November 25, 2022, 04:55:28 pm »
Cause it fits his narrative. Plain and simple.

Which is to be bought by an oil state.

And he’s not the only one supporting that narrative.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #6961 on: November 25, 2022, 04:56:22 pm »
Does the M stand for Moron?

;D

Right to the chase, as usual, Samie...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6962 on: November 25, 2022, 04:59:57 pm »
I want to know how that poster came to the conclusion that its the same people that buy replica shirts etc. No cure for stupid i suppose.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #6963 on: November 25, 2022, 05:00:22 pm »

I don’t get why this thread has turned so political towards owners if we’re realistic, we will never get!
People have different views on the matter right or wrong.

No fan represents a whole fan base or even city!
Thats why I’ve said previously that this ownership will divide fans. Im sure Red men TV had to put a video out because the backlash they got for giving there opinion on this subject.

Let’s just stick to the discussion of FSG and I’ll start of by saying, I don’t think we’re getting the midfielder we need in January.

I totally agree that politics should be kept out of sport. However, it's not the fans who introduced politics to the game, it was owners and the game's governing bodies. The PL allowed Abramovic to launder his money stolen from the people of Russia. The government weren't arsed because London was, awash with dodgy Russian money at the time. Only Putin's insanity put paid to that.

We are now enduring a wholly corrupt World Cup, given to Qatar for political reasons. Abu Dhabi and now Saudi Arabia have also been allowed to walk into our game and wreck its structure for their own ends. These were all political decisions made by corrupt people in positions of power. Facts are, it was those people who brought politics into football, and now they are bleating about it because fans can see it for what it is and have begun saying so.

Who knows who will buy us, but you have to ponder over who could afford us. When you do that it's pretty clear we aren't getting a paragon of virtue. Saudi seemingly expressed interest yesterday, so people here are always going to comment on that possibility. I think that's quite natural.

I long for the days when you could just roll up at Anfield and watch a game of football then go home/pub again and all the conversation centred on was the game itself. Unfortunately, those that run the game these days have brought their corruption and their politics into it. That genie is out of the bottle now, and it's not going back in. That's why you will see it talked about on here and elsewhere.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6964 on: November 25, 2022, 05:13:16 pm »
According to Sam Wallace the FA will not change the rules to prevent a Saudi takeover of Liverpool or United. Not that I'm the least bit surprised, just money, money, money the only thing they are interested in.  ::)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6965 on: November 25, 2022, 05:15:01 pm »
Ahahaha I've just done a reccy of the MPowers posting history.

Registers in 2008 slagging off Rafa for a few posts then resurfaces in January 2011 as the Owl is about to be sacked.

Not a fucking peep during the years of protests against the 2 wankstains.

Just a fucking wrong 'un!!

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6966 on: November 25, 2022, 05:16:35 pm »
I totally agree that politics should be kept out of sport. However, it's not the fans who introduced politics to the game, it was owners and the game's governing bodies. The PL allowed Abramovic to launder his money stolen from the people of Russia. The government weren't arsed because London was, awash with dodgy Russian money at the time. Only Putin's insanity put paid to that.

We are now enduring a wholly corrupt World Cup, given to Qatar for political reasons. Abu Dhabi and now Saudi Arabia have also been allowed to walk into our game and wreck its structure for their own ends. These were all political decisions made by corrupt people in positions of power. Facts are, it was those people who brought politics into football, and now they are bleating about it because fans can see it for what it is and have begun saying so.

Who knows who will buy us, but you have to ponder over who could afford us. When you do that it's pretty clear we aren't getting a paragon of virtue. Saudi seemingly expressed interest yesterday, so people here are always going to comment on that possibility. I think that's quite natural.

I long for the days when you could just roll up at Anfield and watch a game of football then go home/pub again and all the conversation centred on was the game itself. Unfortunately, those that run the game these days have brought their corruption and their politics into it. That genie is out of the bottle now, and it's not going back in. That's why you will see it talked about on here and elsewhere.

Spot on, the governing bodies have fucked up and the way football was is a thing of the past unfortunately, if we do get bought by owners who’s values we don’t share every fan has to make the decision so stick or twist, just a case of seeing what happens now.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #6967 on: November 25, 2022, 05:22:14 pm »

Registers in 2008 slagging off Rafa for a few posts then resurfaces in January 2011 as the Owl is about to be sacked.

Is right - and I think the mods agree with you !

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #6968 on: November 25, 2022, 05:34:11 pm »
As ever a well balanced response.

My single biggest bug bear in all this, and why it feels like virtue signalling, is the same people who buy their LFC replica shirts (knowing they are made by exploited slave labour) are the ones on here talking about protecting human rights! 

We cannot save the world, but someone saying they would boycott the club in the event of a Saudi takeover because human rights need to be protected, I find is disingenuous to the cause when they at the same time supporting Nike in exploiting said human rights!

Simple thing, not whataboutery, don’t buy the LFC replica shirt, as you’re supporting exploitation.  You know you’re supporting exploitation.

So please don’t anyone tell me about human rights if you choose not to do the most basic thing of not supporting Nike.

I assume that there are fans who won't buy replica shirts on principle. I have to say, though, that although worker exploitation is grotesque, even that pales into relative insignificance when you put it against the absolute horrors of the regimes currently taking over football.

I sort of tried to say in my other post how we cannot buy anything at all if we go down that route though. Of course, we all have to find our own line in the sand on these things, but it's damn difficult to do when virtually everything we buy in this world is made via the exploitation of people somewhere in the chain. That's not the fault of football fans, or those who buy electrical goods, mobile phones, clothing etc. That's the fault of the capitalist system we have no real choice but to live with. The workers are exploited, and so too is the consumer. We are all being screwed over by the system.

Thing is, to be 100% principled in this world you simply cannot live. You would have to boycott virtually everything, because society is unfair, it's rigged and it's deeply unjust. Everyone is getting screwed from all angles. That's the way the system works, and that's why you cannot fight everything. You just have to make a stand where and when you can.

When I've done counselling work with a lot of people, part of what we do is try to help them to stop letting every issue stick to them and drag them down. In life, if you care, you tend to let a lot of issues stick to you. You can end up feeling like every day is a battle. You see the injustice everywhere and, in time, it overwhelms people because they feel helpless in the face of it all. So, you have to learn to filter. Take on battles that you can maybe influence. You can still be against X and Y whilst your focus is on Z. You have to prioritise or you will drown.

Yes, I'm sure some people do boycott companies like Nike. Some won't, despite knowing that workers are being exploited. Again though, if we boycott everything that involves exploitation somewhere along the line, we simply cannot function. We would have to live in a cave. Now that's absolutely tragic, but it's not our fault. It's the fault of the system we are all forced to live with because there is no alternative. Just writing this post and you writing yours means we are probably using computers or phones built in some far off place where the workers are paid peanuts. Will you give up your PC and/or phone? Will I? No, but it doesn't mean we cannot stand up for issues in our lives right now that matter to us. The entire world matters to me. The planet itself, humanity in general. They all matter to me, but there is only so much fight in me. Only so much I can do. Many people just say ''fuck it'' and do nothing and stand for nothing. That's up to them. We can only do what we can do, and only fight the battles we find most pressing in our lives. For a lot of people, this club and its values matter, and that's where much of their focus currently is.

For me, every single human being on this planet should be paid a fair days pay for a fair days work. Everyone. Everyone should have enough money to then pay their bills and have enough left over to actually enjoy life too. Sadly, the system we live under has other ideas. Again, that's not our fault. That's the fault of the twats in power who use the population as an exploitable resource. The same twats who allow multi billion dollar companies to set up sweat shops in impoverishing countries, exploiting both the workers there then the consumer here.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6969 on: November 25, 2022, 05:35:16 pm »
We have to accept that this is a phase that football is going though. It won't last forever, but it's not ending anytime soon either.

It's not about the money when it comes to oil states owning footie clubs; so even though there's money to be had, it will be a drop in the ocean compared to what is spent. The gap between rich and poor, super rich to self sustaining, will widen until its an unbreachable chasm.

Something will change 20 or 30 years down the line. A new ruler will takeover, one who's not interested. States will eventually get bored with their playthings - especially if they feel they've served their purpose. Clubs will eventually be sold at a fraction of what has been spent just to move them on. Then a new cycle/phase will begin.

I doubt it will happen in my lifetime, but that's how I see it ultimately panning out.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #6970 on: November 25, 2022, 05:40:03 pm »
According to Sam Wallace the FA will not change the rules to prevent a Saudi takeover of Liverpool or United. Not that I'm the least bit surprised, just money, money, money the only thing they are interested in.  ::)

How is that rule not already in place for a multi-billion dollar business. It's insane
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6971 on: November 25, 2022, 05:45:52 pm »
sorry to ask but who is Sam Wallace?

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6972 on: November 25, 2022, 05:46:36 pm »
I read this yesterday and the disparity between the PL money and league 2 makes a complete sham of that proposal agreed between the ESL clubs and the FA.

The fact there is still no Independent Regulator as agreed, or that the government aren't really ever going to do that considering how much they intervened to push the Saudi takeover to happen.

It's all a bit like putting the genie back in the bottle but things can still be done if the will was there.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-63707933

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6973 on: November 25, 2022, 05:47:18 pm »
sorry to ask but who is Sam Wallace?

He is the Telegraph football correspondent.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6974 on: November 25, 2022, 05:48:41 pm »
ta

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6975 on: November 25, 2022, 05:49:01 pm »
Bring on the Saudis I say - at least I can fuck it all off then!

The sport is already an embarressment!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6976 on: November 25, 2022, 06:12:07 pm »
But yes, fuck off with your tradition, your principles, your history and your morals. Let's just grab ourselves a despot so we can brag about being fuckin' rich.  :butt

Like personally, when the news of FSG looking to sell broke, I got a bit worried because I think they've been good owners. Not perfect of course and they've made some mistakes off the pitch and on and I'm under no illusions they're ultimately here to make a gain when they sell the club but overall, the club's been run well and we've thankfully been successful in recent years as well. My worry was who they'll sell to because I don't want us being owned by a state (any state) or an LBO and if that means we won't be competing with Man City and at the top end of the table as much then I'm fine with that. Much rather be average and not owned by despots than the other way round. And I sort of grew up with us being the 3rd/4th best team in the country or worse and far away from the best in Europe (I used to hear a lot about how Liverpool should be the best without actually ever experiencing it) so that's always been the norm for me anyway.

That's usually the way football goes I think, a lot of the time it's rubbish and don't get me wrong, it's no fun losing to Barnsley or Blackpool at home or being 2-0 up against QPR with 15 minutes to go and losing 3-2 but there's always that hope when you're awful that things will get better, be it the next game, then next season, the next manager etc without worrying about things off the pitch. And I've long since thought that longer term it's always going to be difficult for us to compete consistently anyway so I've enjoyed as much as I can the past few years without worrying too much about us not signing this player or that or this player not playing as much or that player playing too much.

So yeah, I'm less concerned about not challenging for the top honours all the time and more concerned about who our next owners are because they could be a nation state or right bunch of cowboys and then everything on the pitch will feel horrible/hollow/less important than everything off it. If it's someone relatively normal, then win or lose, I'll take that. Don't know if that makes any sense at all, it's a bit of a ramble - probably appropriate with all that's going on at the moment, everything's up in the air.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6977 on: November 25, 2022, 06:25:45 pm »

Premier League basically rolling out the Welcome mat.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6978 on: November 25, 2022, 06:33:08 pm »
Premier League basically rolling out the Welcome mat.

We need to set fire to it.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6979 on: November 25, 2022, 06:34:48 pm »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6980 on: November 25, 2022, 06:35:13 pm »
Apple buying ManU? (Guessing with as fast moving as this thread is - it's already been discussed).

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6981 on: November 25, 2022, 06:36:35 pm »
Apple buying ManU? (Guessing with as fast moving as this thread is - it's already been discussed).

More chance of Granny Smith buying them

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6982 on: November 25, 2022, 06:44:15 pm »
Overrated brand which has seen better days, had absolute zero innovation for the last 5-8 years yet people will still buy into it because they are sheep.

And don't even get me started on Apple.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #6983 on: November 25, 2022, 06:44:24 pm »

Wasn't that rumour started by the Daily Star.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6984 on: November 25, 2022, 06:53:15 pm »
Overrated brand which has seen better days, had absolute zero innovation for the last 5-8 years yet people will still buy into it because they are sheep.

And don't even get me started on Apple.

Nice.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #6985 on: November 25, 2022, 07:02:01 pm »
[snip]
Fab post as always - it's almost a shame he will neither understand your reply - nor be able to respond to it (at least, not for a while).

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #6986 on: November 25, 2022, 07:02:19 pm »
Nice.

Aren’t they owned by Ratcliffe? ;D

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6987 on: November 25, 2022, 07:43:06 pm »
Nice.

Back on the biscuits again huh.They're  horrible as far as i can remember.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6988 on: November 25, 2022, 07:46:24 pm »

Back on the biscuits again huh.They're  horrible as far as i can remember.

Agree. Always left at the end of variety packs.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6989 on: November 25, 2022, 07:47:58 pm »

Indeed, what a pathetic little shithouse.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #6990 on: November 25, 2022, 08:02:36 pm »
I read this yesterday and the disparity between the PL money and league 2 makes a complete sham of that proposal agreed between the ESL clubs and the FA.

The fact there is still no Independent Regulator as agreed, or that the government aren't really ever going to do that considering how much they intervened to push the Saudi takeover to happen.

It's all a bit like putting the genie back in the bottle but things can still be done if the will was there.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-63707933

Project Big Picture was basically the reset the UK pyramid needs but since Americans were involved then it was mocked instead of massaged. Oh well.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #6991 on: November 25, 2022, 08:03:00 pm »
Not a fucking peep either during the time when we were champions of everything. The future fan? Not here, mate.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6992 on: November 25, 2022, 08:06:16 pm »
Not a fucking peep either during the time when we were champions of everything. The future fan? Not here, mate.

I didn't bother going any further mate, I'd seen enough.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6993 on: November 25, 2022, 08:09:23 pm »
Still think the c*nt was just trying to get me banned  ;D

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6994 on: November 25, 2022, 08:10:15 pm »
Still think the c*nt was just trying to get me banned  ;D

So he's not all bad.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6995 on: November 25, 2022, 08:11:06 pm »
So he's not all bad.

Sound like my Mrs.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6996 on: November 25, 2022, 08:19:27 pm »
Fab post as always - it's almost a shame he will neither understand your reply - nor be able to respond to it (at least, not for a while).

Fan fucking tastic. Proper little WUM that one.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #6997 on: November 25, 2022, 08:45:51 pm »
Looking like we definitely have a consensus re. A.N.Other but to shift the emphasis back to where it belongs (if you will indulge me)?

I, assume (rightly or wrongly) we might hear summat in terms of biggish news either during or immediately following this total clown show that's laughingly called a world cup.

When do you think we might be put out of our misery so to speak? Short term? Long term?

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6998 on: November 25, 2022, 08:58:56 pm »
Great posts by SoS and Hazell mirroring my feelings on a lot of things re Lfc and football in general but more eloquently put than i could put in words and agreed wholeheartedly with both.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6999 on: November 25, 2022, 09:43:02 pm »
So what with all these resignations from the football operations folk at the top, Twitter would have you believe they've resigned after Klopp had them gagged and bound in some dingy basement in Anfield, apparently going full dictatorship with recruitment.

What with the demand for blood thirsty Saudis, I really wonder about the state of some 'fans' of the club.