Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 579978 times)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)
« Reply #2360 on: January 16, 2023, 10:43:05 pm »
Is Ramsay injured?

Not anymore - but he has a learning curve to deal with and I'm not sure Klopp actually likes him at this time as an option.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 12:57:26 pm by newterp »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2361 on: January 18, 2023, 10:10:02 am »
Klopp on Jota

"I don’t know exactly how long Diogo will be out for, but he looks really good," said Klopp. "He is out there on the pitch and doing a lot of stuff already but he will be out for another few weeks. In contention for the Champions League? From my point of view, yes."

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2362 on: January 18, 2023, 10:19:28 am »
Not anymore - but he has a learning curve to deal with and I'm not sure Klopp actually likes him.
:o
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2363 on: January 18, 2023, 10:46:22 am »
Klopp on Jota

"I don’t know exactly how long Diogo will be out for, but he looks really good," said Klopp. "He is out there on the pitch and doing a lot of stuff already but he will be out for another few weeks. In contention for the Champions League? From my point of view, yes."

Oh very good. Him, Nunez and Salah would be brilliant to have. Hope Thiago and Keita stay fit, Fabinho finds some form and we've got a chance.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2364 on: January 18, 2023, 12:57:14 pm »
:o

haha - I should edit that. I didn't finish my sentence - "I'm not sure Klopp actually likes him at this time as an option."

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2365 on: January 21, 2023, 11:40:07 am »
@_pauljoyce
·
8m
Trent Alexander-Arnold on the substitutes’ bench for Liverpool as he has been managing a minor muscle injury this week and only trained on Friday.
Our fucking training is a danger

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2366 on: January 21, 2023, 12:03:52 pm »
An hour before kick off you always know someone new is out injured.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2367 on: January 21, 2023, 03:38:00 pm »
Neither Trent or Nunez really looked fit today

A full 7 days off before we next play- with how bad we are at training and conditioning its now a question of how many will be missing next week

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2368 on: January 21, 2023, 03:40:35 pm »
Nunez did mate. His usual self today.  ;D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2369 on: January 21, 2023, 03:44:17 pm »
Neither Trent or Nunez really looked fit today

A full 7 days off before we next play- with how bad we are at training and conditioning its now a question of how many will be missing next week

Nunez was great.

Trent wasn't.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2370 on: January 22, 2023, 06:31:06 pm »
Can we steal Arsenal's doctor and medical staff in the summer please? Seem to have turned a lot of injury prone players in to robust athletes

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2371 on: January 22, 2023, 06:32:50 pm »
Can we steal Arsenal's doctor and medical staff in the summer please? Seem to have turned a lot of injury prone players in to robust athletes

Didnt they steal ours?

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2372 on: January 22, 2023, 06:37:06 pm »
Didnt they steal ours?

We had a key member of their medical team ready to join in 2020 but Arteta persuaded him to stay.

Online cdav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2373 on: January 22, 2023, 06:42:04 pm »
Didnt they steal ours?

Don't know- maybe steal them back if so

Its got to be number one priority for the next few months for me- we need midfielders but more importantly we need to start getting our best players regularly on the pitch.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2374 on: January 23, 2023, 12:01:42 am »

Maybe it's not just club Dr's, but different training methods. Can't all be coincidental that our players are breaking down in high numbers

Online cdav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2375 on: January 23, 2023, 11:41:42 pm »
https://www.espn.com/sports/insider/soccer/insider/story/_/id/35488094/explaining-liverpool-chelsea-issues-season

Thought this was a good article,

"Over the past two years, Chelsea have played 122 competitive games -- more than any other team in Europe. (Liverpool are third with 117.) And since the start of last season, Liverpool lead the way with 92. Chelsea are second with 90, and then there's Manchester City (87), who haven't quite hit the same heights as previous seasons, followed by West Ham (85), the only Premier League team that might be having a more disappointing season than Liverpool or Chelsea."

"How direct the cause is, I don't know, but most of the teams that are disappointing this season have played a ton of games over the past year and a half."

There really is too much football, especially with the stupid corrupt world cup ruining the calendar for 3 seasons

Offline daveypauly

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2376 on: January 24, 2023, 11:27:20 am »
This was the article mentioned on the Wrap's free weekly pod, wasn't it.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2377 on: January 24, 2023, 12:38:10 pm »
https://www.espn.com/sports/insider/soccer/insider/story/_/id/35488094/explaining-liverpool-chelsea-issues-season

"Over the past two years, Chelsea have played 122 competitive games -- more than any other team in Europe. (Liverpool are third with 117.) And since the start of last season, Liverpool lead the way with 92. Chelsea are second with 90, and then there's Manchester City (87), who haven't quite hit the same heights as previous seasons, followed by West Ham (85), the only Premier League team that might be having a more disappointing season than Liverpool or Chelsea."

"How direct the cause is, I don't know, but most of the teams that are disappointing this season have played a ton of games over the past year and a half."

There really is too much football, especially with the stupid corrupt world cup ruining the calendar for 3 seasons

Yeah these teams look spent this season.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2378 on: January 24, 2023, 01:20:34 pm »
Plus we run players into the ground given our style of play. When you combine the physical demands of playing for Klopp, shocking injury prevention/ treatment, an ageing squad and a lack of player turnover, perhaps the surprise is we managed to hit the heights we did last year rather than the free fall this year.

Online decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2379 on: January 24, 2023, 04:54:26 pm »
This was the article mentioned on the Wrap's free weekly pod, wasn't it.

Twas.
I thought most of it would be about the games played, but that was actually only the end of it. Still an interesting point.

Offline Dumbstar

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2380 on: January 24, 2023, 10:34:01 pm »

Its not going to get any better next season.

International nationals matches till the 20 June eg Euro 2024 qualifying, Africa cup of nations qualifying, etc

PL starts on the 12th August.

So very little time off for players.

Online cdav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2381 on: January 27, 2023, 10:26:02 am »
Klopp on whether players are getting closer to a return:

"Closer, yes. Imminent, no.

"A couple of weeks" until Jota, Firmino and Van Dijk can return to training.

Diaz "longer."

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2382 on: January 27, 2023, 10:42:52 am »
Our medical team is a load of shite.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2383 on: January 27, 2023, 10:47:19 am »
How is Carvalho now injured? The guy hasn't been seen in about a month.

Starting to wonder are they training in Kirkby or are they doing 12 rounds of boxing.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2384 on: January 27, 2023, 11:13:15 am »
Just checking into the thread to see who today's injury is, not disappointed either! Never mind player of the month, think we need to hand out awards for injury of the month.

Carvalho has, apparently, a small and insignificant injury so expect about a month layoff ... sigh!
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2385 on: January 27, 2023, 11:33:09 am »
Its not going to get any better next season.

International nationals matches till the 20 June eg Euro 2024 qualifying, Africa cup of nations qualifying, etc

PL starts on the 12th August.

So very little time off for players.

I think Guardiola and the Man City sports science team take the approach that regardless of how late a player's season finishes, they will get a month off. This often means a lot of the players who play for their international teams are some way off full fitness for the first game of the season or maybe not available at all. But with there being no midweek games in the early weeks of the season there is plenty of the time to train between games and effectively you have less friendlies and are using the early league games to get fully sharp. This is one of the reasons they've had so many loses in the first few games of the season over recent years but over the course of the season they do tend to do better than us injury wise most years. Maybe it's something for Jurgen and the team to think about considering the way the calendar has evolved over recent years. Short term hit for long term gain.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2386 on: January 27, 2023, 12:20:06 pm »
What the flying f##k goes on at our club, why do we seem to pick up so many injuries? Think I read that in our 25 man squad only 5 players have not suffered injury this season.

It's not like we still  play with  the high intensity , think we currently one of the worst for distance run and we get so many long term injuries.

I'm sure Jurgen is turning every stone to find a remedy, is it training,  sports science or just fluke?

We could certainly do with a bit of luck in that department thats for sure.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 12:23:01 pm by lgvkarlos »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2387 on: January 27, 2023, 12:22:35 pm »
The injuries are very annoying, there's definitely something a bit wrong....but whats with the explosion after every press conference? ;D

Van Dijk and Jota are a couple of weeks away, which we knew. Diaz a little longer, which we knew. Bobby a couple of weeks, we knew he was already injured. And the only new one is Carvalho, who he said can probably train today just wont be available at the weekend. Its hardly a mega disaster week where we've lost loads of players, its one new minor injury to a youngster.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2388 on: January 27, 2023, 12:24:48 pm »
Was the Bobby injury a new one because I'm sure the initial diagnosis was he'd probably just miss a week of footy and that was a month ago?

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2389 on: January 27, 2023, 12:24:50 pm »
The injuries are very annoying, there's definitely something a bit wrong....but whats with the explosion after every press conference? ;D

Van Dijk and Jota are a couple of weeks away, which we knew. Diaz a little longer, which we knew. Bobby a couple of weeks, we knew he was already injured. And the only new one is Carvalho, who he said can probably train today just wont be available at the weekend. Its hardly a mega disaster week where we've lost loads of players, its one new minor injury to a youngster.
It's relentless though, and the amount of different teams thats played this season due to injury is crazy. I wouldn't call Nunez a youngster.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 12:27:35 pm by lgvkarlos »

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2390 on: January 27, 2023, 12:31:02 pm »

Constant reminder of the current situation

Arthur is still not fit - Ridiculous decision to get a loanee who is injury prone to help an injury prone midfielder. Imagine signing a striker who doesn’t score goals…. To aid strikers who dont score goals :lmao

Bobby still out - A seemingly innocuous injury results in over a month out… where have we seen that before?

Jota - plays, scores, plays brilliantly… say goodbye for a few months, rinse… repeat

Carvalho - Dare I say he has a ‘slight knock’ :lmao

People are fed up of the same shit and its not suprising. How many times can we get more knocks and switch up the team and see a small injury result in more and more time of injured players

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2391 on: January 27, 2023, 12:32:47 pm »

Arthur is still not fit - Ridiculous decision to get a loanee who is injury prone to help an injury prone midfielder. Imagine signing a striker who doesn’t score goals…. To aid strikers who dont score goals :lmao

Bobby still out - A seemingly innocuous injury results in over a month out… where have we seen that before?

Jota - plays, scores, plays brilliantly… say goodbye for a few months, rinse… repeat

People are fed up of the same shit and its not suprising.
Nunez now out for Brighton game after one game back

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2392 on: January 27, 2023, 12:39:30 pm »
On the Arthur note - I think Klopp is just saying this to be nice. He probably has no intention of ever playing him.

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2393 on: January 27, 2023, 12:40:25 pm »
So Jota, Firmino, van Djik, and Arthur back in the training in the next few weeks. Great stuff.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2394 on: January 27, 2023, 12:44:07 pm »

People are fed up of the same shit and its not suprising. How many times can we get more knocks and switch up the team and see a small injury result in more and more time of injured players

I just dont really get it after every press conference. That one today.....the only change is Carvalho has a minor knock (he hasnt played for weeks anyway) and we've at least got some sort of time-frame for most of the injured players (not that our timeframes are particularly accurate!). So struggling to see why the despair specifically after that one today when it actually seems more positive than most of them are.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2395 on: January 27, 2023, 12:49:54 pm »
Nunez now out for Brighton game after one game back
Sorry, think I'm reading an old story.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2396 on: January 27, 2023, 01:08:01 pm »
I just dont really get it after every press conference. That one today.....the only change is Carvalho has a minor knock (he hasnt played for weeks anyway) and we've at least got some sort of time-frame for most of the injured players (not that our timeframes are particularly accurate!). So struggling to see why the despair specifically after that one today when it actually seems more positive than most of them are.

he played 60+m in the wolves game (i.e. our last game)

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2397 on: January 27, 2023, 01:11:35 pm »

Didn't he literally just play vs Wolves?

Again it's not OMG Carvalhos injured. More just a running theme through the season. Atm things feel a bit like wtf else can go wrong AND what is going on with the team to make us soooo prone to constant injuries. We're suffering them a frightening amount in all honesty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2398 on: January 27, 2023, 01:36:48 pm »
Listening to Klopp it seems like a very minor knock for Carvalho and sounded like there was even a chance he could train today.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2399 on: January 27, 2023, 01:41:34 pm »
Listening to Klopp it seems like a very minor knock for Carvalho and sounded like there was even a chance he could train today.

I've seen this episode before.  It usually ends with the player missing for a month or two.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.