Author Topic: Fulham FC v Liverpool FC - 12th February - k/o: ZEBRA CROSSING WEBCAM IS ON  (Read 146882 times)

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fulham FC v Liverpool FC - 12th February - k/o: 20.00
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2014, 03:08:47 pm »
wondering whether or not to get a ticket in home end for this, might just have to

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2014, 03:12:36 pm »
wondering whether or not to get a ticket in home end for this, might just have to

How?

Offline thew

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2014, 03:13:36 pm »
Fulham have been crying out for some energy for a long time and its those players who everyone has acknowledged have got them into the mess they are in. I don't think the lineup against Man Utd was an experiment, I think it was the direction they want to go now.

If they were resting players then they would have rested Sidwell, who has been one of their few consistent performers.

Agreed - pretty sure they'll go with the same team - maybe start with Parker though... Dan Burn looks a decent prospect, and their keeper seems in good form. I imagine we'll have a very similar set-up and if we keep the same level of intensity and Sterling can get at Riise... I'm predicting happy days!

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2014, 03:21:24 pm »
Refusing to get carried away by our performance and result against Arsenal. We had the same thing happened against the bitters and we couldn't back it up.

We win against Fulham and prove that we can back up it, then things start to get very interesting. Needless to say, it's a huge game for us.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2014, 03:24:39 pm »
How?
Thanks for the PM, all hopes dashed now :)

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2014, 03:25:34 pm »
Well that's destroyed all my confidence to be honest.

Crap. He should have awarded us penalty at Bridge but there have been far worse refs in PL this season.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline OldBloke

• Kopite
  • In the 5th, my ass goes down.
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2014, 03:25:55 pm »
We are good at saying the right things before games like this but haven't really shown that we actually BELIEVE we need to be up for these games as much as for the "big ones".
We need our players wanting to win every game like this like it is a cup final. We showed at Stoke that we now have the firepower to score against "defensive" sides but let's try not to concede three this time! We need to be comparing our goal difference with City, not with Spurs! City's eight goal superiority could mean a hell of a lot in May. Third place means direct qualification to the Champions League avoiding the play-offs!

Offline Kadian

• Trolling along... The Specious One. Whistles the Liquidator as he types disparaging comments about Mario Balotelli So utterly predictable, Moreno's best mate
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're coming
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2014, 03:29:12 pm »
I'd like to see this Dan Burn's mobility when playing against Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge on the floor. He was in his element yesterday with all those crosses, but it really should be a different game for him come Wednesday.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2014, 03:34:03 pm »
Same team. Same intensity. Let's blow them away early on and we can rest players where necessary after that.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2014, 03:36:56 pm »
I think we'll see a massively different starting 11 from Fulham, to the one that got a draw at Old Trafford yesterday. I really hope we don't because they'll be absolutely fucked physically but Meulensteen isn't daft, he'll make wholesale changes.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2014, 03:39:51 pm »
Wasn't Fulhams selection against Utd based around getting the fittest and fastest 11 out on the pitch in order to soak up pressure and counter?

With that bringing their first point in five games, you would have to imagine they'll go for the same approach against us

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2014, 03:40:04 pm »
Blow them away in the first half and then coast to victory in the second.   :scarf

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2014, 03:42:14 pm »
BANZaI!
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2014, 03:42:26 pm »
We know their weakness is getting crosses into their penalty area. We should concentrate on that.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2014, 03:43:05 pm »
What can I do about getting tickets? With the Fulham fans or our own, I don't mind at all, I just wanna see the game.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2014, 03:45:52 pm »
What can I do about getting tickets? With the Fulham fans or our own, I don't mind at all, I just wanna see the game.
You can post in the ticket exchange - which is not this...

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2014, 03:46:45 pm »
If Fulham play in any way similarly to how they did against United then there could be plenty of opportunities for Coutinho and Henderson to score from the edge of the box. Would really love to see either or both of them get a goal from midfield, which for me has been the only thing lacking in the attack for us this season.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2014, 03:48:57 pm »
Meulensteen is no mug and will surely prepare them but at this point, in our current form and with BR in charge we should be winning this.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2014, 03:50:43 pm »
Small pitch, home crowd up for it and likely a shitty surface.

Get a couple of early goals and put this shite to bed.

Fancy Suarez for a brace in this. Free kick and a 1-2 with Sturridge.

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2014, 03:52:43 pm »
Come out with 50% of the intensity shown on Saturday and we'll still blow them away.  Nedd to get at them from the off and not give up chasing them.   
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2014, 03:54:44 pm »
Don't think we'll see the same intensity that we saw against Arsenal. It's just not really possible to perform like that with the same squad in the space of 3 days- half impossible in this day and age- at this level and with such stakes. Think we'll see something akin to the WBA/Villa outings, but hopefully we can see it out this time, cause that win must've given us massive self-belief.

I would take a scrappy 1-0 or a dull and routine 2-0 now. As long as we win- doesn't matter if we blunder through it(which I think is going to happen). Quantity over quality.

If Fulham didn't have that marathon yesterday, I think Meulensteen would've had his boys come flying out of the blocks knowing we'd be dead on our feet. Luckily, I can count on us not to do a Moyes and bombared them with crosses, so Meulensteen won't have a counter-tactic there! ;D
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 03:59:59 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2014, 03:55:32 pm »
Small pitch, home crowd up for it and likely a shitty surface.

Get a couple of early goals and put this shite to bed.

Fancy Suarez for a brace in this. Free kick and a 1-2 with Sturridge.
Small pitch shouldn't bother us too much, we don't play with that much width anyway besides our front 3 (who are more than capable of adapting).

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2014, 03:59:07 pm »
You would be tempted to put in Allen for either Henderson or Coutinho, they did, after all, play the full 90 at a high intensity with energy.

But with injuries starting to clear up, maybe we can field sakho against the Arsenal in the FA Cup. I really want a trophy this year.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2014, 03:59:41 pm »
Suarez will be the difference here. Lets concentrate, not get too big headed and come at them with a good tempo. Once the first goes in, we can get a couple more.

3-1. Suarez brace, Gerrard peno.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2014, 04:03:53 pm »
Suarez will be the difference here. Lets concentrate, not get too big headed and come at them with a good tempo. Once the first goes in, we can get a couple more.

Think so too. Actually- our quality will be the difference here. That's what one needs for games like these. As I said- I don't foresee a classic- rather a bludgeoning match with wayward passing, walking pace and fatigue all over the place for both teams, but hopefully our quality shines through.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2014, 04:12:09 pm »
Early goal and they will crumble, but if we get to half time without scoring it gives them some hope. Straight out of the traps, smash them up and then pick them off for the rest of the game - easy this tactics lark ;D

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2014, 04:12:29 pm »
SAS Time.

Suarez will score and have an assist.

Just need to make sure we keep it tight at the back.
Doubters to Believers

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2014, 04:12:39 pm »
Big game, really big game. We've had an extra days rest which is a bonus. Then again, they didn't really leave their 18 yard box last night
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Pricey

• Might actually be Petey.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2014, 04:16:21 pm »
Not on TV, are people confident of some decent quality streams?

Offline WorriedForTheLads

• Main Stander
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2014, 04:31:04 pm »

Are you seriously suggesting Based Studge won't be scoring, mate? :-\

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2014, 04:35:56 pm »
Small pitch shouldn't bother us too much, we don't play with that much width anyway besides our front 3 (who are more than capable of adapting).

We play on a reasonably small pitch ourselves, so it shouldn't be a factor. Our ability to play in tight areas will be a key in this game. I could see Fulham playing against us like they did yesterday, except we will be going at them through the middle with combinations, dribbling, short through balls and set-pieces. It'll be tight like the West Brom game, but I think Suarez will be on a mission to score, and that will stand us in good stead. You also have to wonder about the physical state of the Fulham players after yesterday, because that kind of defending takes a lot out of you even though you don't travel as much distance - the trade-off is more sprints and changes of direction, and that takes longer to recover from.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2014, 04:38:43 pm »
We play on a reasonably small pitch ourselves, so it shouldn't be a factor. Our ability to play in tight areas will be a key in this game. I could see Fulham playing against us like they did yesterday, except we will be going at them through the middle with combinations, dribbling, short through balls and set-pieces. It'll be tight like the West Brom game, but I think Suarez will be on a mission to score, and that will stand us in good stead. You also have to wonder about the physical state of the Fulham players after yesterday, because that kind of defending takes a lot out of you even though you don't travel as much distance - the trade-off is more sprints and changes of direction, and that takes longer to recover from.

Looks like they have a young center back named Burns or something?  What do we know about him?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2014, 04:41:34 pm »
Looks like they have a young center back named Burns or something?  What do we know about him?

Owns a nuclear power plant. Has an ongoing appointment for "bowelling". Has a strange fascination for flying monkeys and Spanish peanuts.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2014, 04:44:10 pm »
Get them crosses in.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2014, 04:44:19 pm »
Would really like to see Allen return to the starting 11. Feel like Coutinho is just much better against teams who come out to play, which judging by Fullham against United,  will just sit deep.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2014, 04:44:27 pm »
3-2 or 7-0. I don't care as long as we get the 3 points. Would be nice with another Flanagan goal though :D

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2014, 04:45:16 pm »
Owns a nuclear power plant. Has an ongoing appointment for "bowelling". Has a strange fascination for flying monkeys and Spanish peanuts.

I do not think it is my age, but my American roots --- I did not catch one aspect of PoP's humor.  Anyone want to fill me in or is it too much work educating a yank on a Monday?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer