Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1404843 times)

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
Re: Chasing the Title, The Pack Chasing Us
« Reply #1960 on: December 31, 2018, 08:55:54 pm »
That’s what they did the second leg of our Champions league game. Yeah they scored early but I seem to remember them not troubling us that much

I think we'd have been in big trouble if that disallowed goal would have stood.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1961 on: December 31, 2018, 09:10:20 pm »
Klopp is under contract for another 4 seasons until 2022.  Need to get new contracts to TAA and Robertson but aside from that the entirety of this starting squad will be there with him.  We're going to win the league this year and challenge for it and every other trophy over and over until that terrible day comes.  It's going to be glorious.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #1962 on: December 31, 2018, 09:22:59 pm »
I think we'd have been in big trouble if that disallowed goal would have stood.

It would've felt like it at HT, but things could've easily have played out the same as it actually did in the 2nd half, they would've still had to push for a goal (albeit with less frustration) and we simply needed a single goal to kill the tie.

The key will be to stay patient and calm and hit them at the right time. If they come hard like they did in that game, then they will be gassed later, not to mention leave gaps at the back
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #1963 on: January 1, 2019, 03:02:31 am »
It would've felt like it at HT, but things could've easily have played out the same as it actually did in the 2nd half, they would've still had to push for a goal (albeit with less frustration) and we simply needed a single goal to kill the tie.

The key will be to stay patient and calm and hit them at the right time. If they come hard like they did in that game, then they will be gassed later, not to mention leave gaps at the back
Their 2nd shouldn't have been disallowed, but their first goal came after a clear foul on VVD. I have no point to make here, I'm just drunk.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1964 on: January 1, 2019, 03:41:39 am »
Bit worried about Thursday to be honest, and just hoping it won't be a turning point in our, so far, great season.

I mean, we've been doing well but its the Etihad. The intimidation factor will be phenomenal as usual.

No doubt it'll start, as always, with the normal fucking rabid bus welcome when we arrive. I'm sorry, but they're fucking nuts and I don't mind admitting it scares the shit out of me  :(

Oh well. Fingers crossed  :-\

Well, it’s a good job you ain’t playing.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1965 on: January 1, 2019, 04:13:35 am »
Current 2nd place (City) maximum points - 101

We're currently 54. 102 - 54 = 48 points or 16 wins.

If win on the 3rd (assuming spuds win) 2nd place (Spuds) maximum points = 99

We will be 57. 100 - 57 = 43 or 15 wins (or 14 wins and 1 draw).

So really, at this point we need 16 wins. Winning at City is just one of those wins.

That's the way we should look at it, 2nd place maximum points = how points we need +1.

We currently need 16 wins from 18 games. This is far from over; win, draw or lose at City.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1966 on: January 1, 2019, 05:08:01 am »
Please, please, please. COME ON. Fuck these fucking wannabe, singalong, chat shit wankers. Hold me and hold me close.

We are in the run in for the best thing we've ever won in our lifetimes.

LIVERPOOL
LIVERPOOL
LIVERPOOL
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
  • PSN: WesleyP1pes
« Reply #1967 on: January 1, 2019, 05:22:15 am »
Current 2nd place (City) maximum points - 101

We're currently 54. 102 - 54 = 48 points or 16 wins.

If win on the 3rd (assuming spuds win) 2nd place (Spuds) maximum points = 99

We will be 57. 100 - 57 = 43 or 15 wins (or 14 wins and 1 draw).

So really, at this point we need 16 wins. Winning at City is just one of those wins.

That's the way we should look at it, 2nd place maximum points = how points we need +1.

We currently need 16 wins from 18 games. This is far from over; win, draw or lose at City.

This is my thoughts exactly, everyone seems to be getting a little too confident. Sure we have a decent lead and in previous seasons that just may have been enough and we could have afforded 5 or 6 losses and still been there about's come the seasons end but this season isn't like that, there's every chance one or both of those trailing sides will end on win streaks.

Recently, as a club we have had a history of falling over at the last hurdle not just in seasons and cup competitions but in games in general, we have always been a bit nervy. This group seems different and i'm keeping my fingers crossed, i'm glad it seems like just media and the fans getting carried away.

To win there though? that would have to hurt man city, surely it would have to inflict some sort of psychological wound. Confidence shattering. I think this game is massive, easily and predictably the most important game of this season. I could see Man Cities season crumbling should we win, both domestically and abroad and if that were to happen who knows where that would leave Guardiola and his project. I do expect them to invest in this month and it wouldn't surprise me if they brought in a striker & dm, cant see us getting lucky and have them rely on Jesus too much.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1968 on: January 1, 2019, 07:55:59 am »
Win, lose, or draw, there would still be loads of football left. We beat City with 3 games to go and tripped up (no pun intended). After the City we would still have to circumvent;

1. Chelsea and Spurs at home.
2. Manu and Everton away.
3. International breaks and the injuries they usually incur.
4. Extra games in the form of CL and to a lesser extent the FA Cup.
5. Relegation teams fighting for their lives.

Klopp will drill into the players of taking things game by game. Also, the upside is City have to deal with that as well.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #1969 on: January 1, 2019, 08:10:41 am »
Win, lose, or draw, there would still be loads of football left. We beat City with 3 games to go and tripped up (no pun intended). After the City we would still have to circumvent;

Klopp will drill into the players of taking things game by game. Also, the upside is City have to deal with that as well.
On the downside,City have proven they can deal with all that and we haven't.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1970 on: January 1, 2019, 08:23:22 am »
On the downside,City have proven they can deal with all that and we haven't.

Except for the CL.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1971 on: January 1, 2019, 08:47:50 am »

1) home games and I would fancy us to get results at home
2) could afford to lose both if we have a 10 point gap
3) This applies to all teams
4) This applies to all 4 English clubs in the CL
5) This applies to all top half teams

10 point gap with 17 games to go is massive. It's like dreamland stuff.

Even a 7 or 4 gap with 17 games to go isn't a bad situation to be in.

If we win on Thursday and the gap is 10 considering no team has ever lost out of title with a gap off more than 6 points currently we've 7 then I would say with 10 we've 1 hand on the title for sure.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #1972 on: January 1, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
We've consistently said 'be there or thereabouts come March' -that's what we need to keep repeating

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #1973 on: January 1, 2019, 10:21:46 am »
This is my thoughts exactly, everyone seems to be getting a little too confident. Sure we have a decent lead and in previous seasons that just may have been enough and we could have afforded 5 or 6 losses and still been there about's come the seasons end but this season isn't like that, there's every chance one or both of those trailing sides will end on win streaks.

Recently, as a club we have had a history of falling over at the last hurdle not just in seasons and cup competitions but in games in general, we have always been a bit nervy. This group seems different and i'm keeping my fingers crossed, i'm glad it seems like just media and the fans getting carried away.

To win there though? that would have to hurt man city, surely it would have to inflict some sort of psychological wound. Confidence shattering. I think this game is massive, easily and predictably the most important game of this season. I could see Man Cities season crumbling should we win, both domestically and abroad and if that were to happen who knows where that would leave Guardiola and his project. I do expect them to invest in this month and it wouldn't surprise me if they brought in a striker & dm, cant see us getting lucky and have them rely on Jesus too much.

Doesn’t really matter what anyone on here thinks in terms of being confident

There will be some that think the league is over if we beat City on Thursday and there will be some that won’t believe we have won it until it’s in Hendo’s hands

What matters is the consistency coming out of the club and the players. One game at a time, maximum effort

The rest will be what it will be

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1974 on: January 1, 2019, 12:01:20 pm »
Manchester, thursday, nothing else matters, yet
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1975 on: January 1, 2019, 01:33:14 pm »
One game at a time of course.

A win against City will really bring a lot of confidence to the group though. Could well be the mental springboard we need to kick on for the rest of the season, as well as in the CL

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1976 on: January 1, 2019, 01:37:13 pm »
Again I am not sure why people keep on about the fans being confident and how that impacts the players mindset and what they're actually doing.

If we fail, it wouldn't be because we as supporters were confident.

If you can't enjoy this now, you never will.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1977 on: January 1, 2019, 02:04:25 pm »
Again I am not sure why people keep on about the fans being confident and how that impacts the players mindset and what they're actually doing.

There have been 4 title challenges in 27 years. Caution, appreciation, pragmatism, absolutely understandable. A lot of false dawns in that time.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #1978 on: January 1, 2019, 02:11:07 pm »

There have been 4 title challenges in 27 years. Caution, appreciation, pragmatism, absolutely understandable. A lot of false dawns in that time.
I've been gutted by falling short plenty of times,bust somehow it feels right to be anticipating it this time.
Maybe because we genuinely seem to be the best team. Losing vvd or Allison could change this...
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1979 on: January 1, 2019, 02:29:00 pm »

I know mate I've been through them all, but we don't impact the players mindsets and performances through out the season. We can help motivate them when the're at Anfield but that's about it.

I've gone with the ''I'm not getting excited '' approach in the past only for the season to go by and me not having been fully enjoying each moment. Thats what football is all about. Otherwise whats the point?

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #1980 on: January 1, 2019, 02:39:18 pm »
I know mate I've been through them all, but we don't impact the players mindsets and performances through out the season. We can help motivate them when the're at Anfield but that's about it.

I've gone with the ''I'm not getting excited '' approach in the past only for the season to go by and me not having been fully enjoying each moment. That's what football is all about. Otherwise whats the point?
spot on, its all part of the fun, if we cant (as fans) get excited, dissappointed, ecstatic , giddy then whats the point.  The players have a job to do and no matter what we say in the pub or in here it has no sway on  how things will turn out.   Reminds me of a guy i used to go the match with, after years of Man U beating us or winning things, whenever we played them and assuming we would be in the lead, he would watch the match behind his hands/couch but would shout at me for getting  too carried away if we were winning them, such was his paranoia and fear of them getting that Edward Woodward(The Equalizer) and subsequent winning  goal, the louder i got the more he seemed to go in a shell.   Each to their own, but not for me, lets enjoy this each and every one of us, great  times ahead and we need to embrace,  fuck all wrong even if teh players were tapped into our thoughts, as a player i know i would prefer a fanbase that is willing  you to win  and believing in you rather than putting you down and playing down your chances. 
Despite our barren leagute title win, this club and lots of our  fan base are well seasoned in all of this, been there and done it over  and over doesnt matter it wasnt  called teh premier league back then, same shit different  day and our lot know their shit.    Come on  redmen   make us dream.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #1981 on: January 1, 2019, 02:43:43 pm »
spot on, its all part of the fun, if we cant (as fans) get excited, dissappointed, ecstatic , giddy then whats the point.  The players have a job to do and no matter what we say in the pub or in here it has no sway on  how things will turn out.   Reminds me of a guy i used to go the match with, after years of Man U beating us or winning things, whenever we played them and assuming we would be in the lead, he would watch the match behind his hands/couch but would shout at me for getting  too carried away if we were winning them, such was his paranoia and fear of them getting that Edward Woodward(The Equalizer) and subsequent winning  goal, the louder i got the more he seemed to go in a shell.   Each to their own, but not for me, lets enjoy this each and every one of us, great  times ahead and we need to embrace,  fuck all wrong even if teh players were tapped into our thoughts, as a player i know i would prefer a fanbase that is willing  you to win  and believing in you rather than putting you down and playing down your chances. 
Despite our barren leagute title win, this club and lots of our  fan base are well seasoned in all of this, been there and done it over  and over doesnt matter it wasnt  called teh premier league back then, same shit different  day and our lot know their shit.    Come on  redmen   make us dream.

In fairness, they have Edward Woodward every week now, and they're not scoring many equalizers ;D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Gutzon Borglum

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1982 on: January 1, 2019, 02:45:27 pm »
If we beat City and go 10 clear we'd find ourselves in a position that 95%+ of the time in football history leads to the title. So we should all be getting excited if we pull that result off, doesn't mean we still don't have lots of work to do to ensure we keep ahead of the pack obviously, but we shouldnt be afraid of the "Liverpool have one hand on the trophy" narrative, it psychologically benefits the team's confidence and intimidates our opponents, particularly for as long as we stay unbeaten.. We all know how psychological football is, momentum is real, aura is real.. People are starting to call us the best fucking team in the entire world, that's gotta scare the shit out of the teams we face, and when we take the lead against them they will struggle to believe they can come back. It's a huge advantage we should be positive about!

Past seasons when we fell short we were never anything like 10 points clear having played the same amount of matches. We were never unbeaten into the new year. We were never spoken about as the best team on planet Earth at the time. This season's Liverpool is simply on another level to anything we have seen in the modern era, enjoy it, this is fantasy becoming reality.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #1983 on: January 1, 2019, 03:16:32 pm »
If we beat City and go 10 clear we'd find ourselves in a position that  This season's Liverpool is simply on another level to anything we have seen in the modern era, enjoy it, this is fantasy becoming reality.
We seem to be improving game by game right now, in a premeditated crescendo to finish off this season. If that continues to be the case, this team will be on another level to anything we have ever seen before, in my opinion.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1984 on: January 1, 2019, 05:52:18 pm »
Thursday is an absolute behemoth of a game. To put 10 points between us and City would be huge, and we'd be massive odds on favourites to get the job done from there.

Not only that, by psychologically it would be a big blow to City, and you'd imagine the Champions League would most definitely become their priority.

It will be interesting to see how City approach this. Pep has clearly been rattled by us in the past. His all out attack approach in the Champions League almost paid off for him in that first half, but I feel we've got the composure to see that sort of thing out and then take our chances when they come.

Make no mistake, It's a golden opportunity to take a big stride towards the Holy Grail.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1985 on: January 1, 2019, 06:57:18 pm »
Since they became an oil club, City's record against us is in all competitions is :

Played 29, Won 6, Drawn 11, Lost 12

No doubt they're a serious outfit under Guardiola, but I wouldn't fear them either

Especially after the pasting we gave them in the CL last year 
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1986 on: January 1, 2019, 07:10:21 pm »
Since they became an oil club, City's record against us is in all competitions is :

Played 29, Won 6, Drawn 11, Lost 12

No doubt they're a serious outfit under Guardiola, but I wouldn't fear them either

Especially after the pasting we gave them in the CL last year

Never been scared of them.

We are 1 year older, one year wiser as well. Obviously so are City. Last year we struggled in bigger pitches. I think Klopp won't allow the same mistake to happen twice.

Sterling is not a natural wide player so he would struggle to play behind VVD. Sane seems to fear TAA till no end and psychologically I don't think he has recovered since being owned by TAA last CL. You could see he hasn't been the same player since. David Silva as clever as he is, has slowed considerably that he couldn't finish a match without being subbed or looking knackered. His best days are behind him.

Their main threat being balls played in behind but VVD this year is even more diligent than he was last season, which equates to no chance for them. And of course, we no longer have dodgy Karius in goal.

Worse result I can think of is a draw. We will smack them in the second half otherwise.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1987 on: January 1, 2019, 07:15:34 pm »
Expect some really shitty songs sung by the vile and classless City fans

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #1988 on: January 1, 2019, 07:28:37 pm »
To win there though? that would have to hurt man city, surely it would have to inflict some sort of psychological wound. Confidence shattering. I think this game is massive, easily and predictably the most important game of this season. I could see Man Cities season crumbling should we win, both domestically and abroad and if that were to happen who knows where that would leave Guardiola and his project.

I don't think their season will crumble if we win, but 4 defeats in 6 games is disastrous for any team with title aspirations, and especially a perfectionist such as Guardiola.

I think a win would do much more than just increase our lead in the table. It would remind other clubs that they are no longer invincible, and that they are vulnerable, and are there to be beaten again. If we can expose that weak defence as Chelsea, Palace, and Leicester did in just a few short weeks, then once City come up against relegation battlers, or teams with European aspirations in the spring, then sitting off them and rolling over may no longer be their first choice. Sometimes beating a team gives others belief too.

City are not out of it by a long shot, but they are most definitely wounded by December's results and our unrelenting winning streak. Hopefully we can land another big blow on Thursday from which they won't fully recover.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1989 on: January 1, 2019, 07:56:13 pm »

Exactly.  Klopp wants us to believe.  I realise it's hard to believe AND be cagey at the same time, especially when we've been burned before, but we just have to be like the players and say one game at a time. 

Right now, EVERY game is winnable, regardless of the opposition.  Some games are tougher than others, but none are easy.  The boys know this.  We have to trust them and we have to be there for them.

In some ways I'm glad we're away from home.  I could easily imagine a very nervous Anfield atmosphere,w and that would probably affect the players more.  Reckon the players can handle a hostile atmosphere much better - although seeing it's the Emptihad we'll be lucky there is ANY atmosphere. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #1990 on: January 1, 2019, 08:05:31 pm »
They have won 1 of the last 11 (one of the draws was in the league cup final which they later won on pens).
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline RedTriumph

• Anny Roader
  • Every man a king...
« Reply #1991 on: January 1, 2019, 09:52:30 pm »
Exactly.  Klopp wants us to believe.  I realise it's hard to believe AND be cagey at the same time, especially when we've been burned before, but we just have to be like the players and say one game at a time. 

Right now, EVERY game is winnable, regardless of the opposition.  Some games are tougher than others, but none are easy.  The boys know this.  We have to trust them and we have to be there for them.

In some ways I'm glad we're away from home.  I could easily imagine a very nervous Anfield atmosphere,w and that would probably affect the players more.  Reckon the players can handle a hostile atmosphere much better - although seeing it's the Emptihad we'll be lucky there is ANY atmosphere. ;D
My personal circumstances changed a couple of seasons ago and my league history dropped off, but when I'm able to get to the game I sing as loud as I can and I celebrate each goal as if it were a last minute winner against United. I get to one league game in a blue moon, so I think I can take it out of context in terms of league success to a certain extent, because I just want to enjoy myself and see the Reds win a game of football, no matter what the competition and opponent. That's what Jurgen's talking about. Each game is a final.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #1992 on: January 1, 2019, 10:09:00 pm »
If they lose, they need to get .6 more points than us in the remaining games. Sorry, that just isn’t happening and there is no point being cagey.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1993 on: January 1, 2019, 10:22:17 pm »

I've gone with the ''I'm not getting excited '' approach in the past only for the season to go by and me not having been fully enjoying each moment. Thats what football is all about. Otherwise whats the point?

Exactly - 13/14 was one of the best seasons ever and I wouldn't have changed the way I enjoyed it just because we didn't win the title at the end. Same as last year and the run to Kiev - we had a blast.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1994 on: January 1, 2019, 10:29:59 pm »

I watched the "Jurgen Klopp New Documentary 2016 HD" recently and the thing that struck me about him is that he is fearless and is not afraid of defeat and actually uses it to drive himself and his team forward. He's accustomed to managing teams of underdogs and turning them into believers and then winners:-

https://youtu.be/fi8uqdbsBg8
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #1995 on: January 2, 2019, 01:15:37 am »
Exactly - 13/14 was one of the best seasons ever and I wouldn't have changed the way I enjoyed it just because we didn't win the title at the end. Same as last year and the run to Kiev - we had a blast.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying our football and what we are doing and last season's run was magical but I can't deny that there is a scarring that slightly affects my enjoyment that wasn't there before.

2014 bore all the hallmarks of 2005 in that it was a journey none of us realistically expected, but the nature of the defeat coupled with the subsequent cup losses have meant that it's going to be hard to fully relax until this monkey is off our backs.

I wasn't as uptight as this in 2007, I expected that we could win but it wasn't a crushing blow to lose it, probably because I'd had my greatest night to fall back on.

I think it's just a case that none of us want to put the mockers on the team hence not wanting to get over-confident.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1996 on: January 2, 2019, 01:40:02 am »

Spot on. It’s the players and coaches etc that need to remain professional and level-headed during a run. They’ll celebrate and enjoy it if they win. We can enjoy the ride and, if we win, the celebrations continue into the summer. If we don’t, then we’ve got another set of great memories.

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #1997 on: January 2, 2019, 04:40:59 am »
Except for the CL.
We dropped several points around our CL games...
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1999 on: January 2, 2019, 11:27:55 am »
I watched the "Jurgen Klopp New Documentary 2016 HD" recently and the thing that struck me about him is that he is fearless and is not afraid of defeat and actually uses it to drive himself and his team forward. He's accustomed to managing teams of underdogs and turning them into believers and then winners:-

https://youtu.be/fi8uqdbsBg8

Thanks.  I've just said as much myself in the match thread. :)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art