Author Topic: Liverpool Reserves 5 v 2 Everton  (Read 36974 times)

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool Reserves 5 v 2 Everton
« Reply #400 on: December 4, 2019, 11:57:53 pm »
Virg/us lucky on the Calvert Lewin tackle imo. Not sure it's a red like MOTD said, but I'd be furious if we didn't get a pen in that situation.

It literally cannot have been a red card since the shoulder to shoulder happened in the box, so if you do give the penalty then it can at most be a yellow.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: December 4, 2019, 11:59:56 pm »
It literally cannot have been a red card since the shoulder to shoulder happened in the box, so if you do give the penalty then it can at most be a yellow.

Yeah, no arguments.

But it's not the shoulder that I think is the foul. It's the trip.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #402 on: December 4, 2019, 11:59:59 pm »
Sorry Jurgen for doubting your team lineup,  this was indeed the game to bring Shaq & Origi in. Wow, apart from a couple of sloppy pieces of defending, we smashed it.

It's a shame their 2 goals & Mane's 2 misses make it feel closer than it was. Mane was imperious and weirdly scored the hardest chance he had in the game!

It's gonna be a lonely Xmas for the bitters 😂😂😂
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: December 5, 2019, 12:00:29 am »
I didn't think Ev were that bad scrolling thru this page... we were better, and we scored 4 world class goals tonight... but there's a fair shout for a pen to take it to 2-2? undoubtedly. That would change things... but with this side... possibly not for the better. They also came out well early 2nd half...plenty of fight and not without chances either... a confident Keen puts that in. Maybe more time needed there? In short: even tho they're in the relegation zone it doesn't look to me like a team that needs to sack anyone. Shrug.

Anyway fuck that. We're great.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #404 on: December 5, 2019, 12:01:05 am »
A fantastic and slightly mad game.
Mane was just unplayable.
Origi's finish for both was perfect.

Oh and Calvert-Lewin is a diving cheat, lost count of the number of times he hit the deck under little contact.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #405 on: December 5, 2019, 12:03:06 am »
Their next three games: Chelsea, United, Arsenal

They need to scape some points because Southampton will.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: December 5, 2019, 12:03:08 am »
Their next three games: Chelsea, United, Arsenal

Merry Christmas Everton.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: December 5, 2019, 12:04:25 am »
Team sheet come out and like everyone... wtf?

BUT! Somehow made sense... and I don't know why. Fresh legs as has been admitted but surely not Jurgen... not tonight! ;D

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #408 on: December 5, 2019, 12:04:38 am »
Its funny cos i thought both teams were shite.

Knowing how we can play that was quite poor apart from the forwards taking their chances.

And im not moaning before anyone says anything
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: December 5, 2019, 12:09:03 am »
Feeling smug for calling it that Origi and Lallana would start but never expected Shaqiri to come from nowhere to also start.  He was top, top quality though - killed their pressing so many times with hold-up play, tidy lay-offs, smart turns etc.  Probably our best player from what was a generally below average team performance.

I thought it at the time and replays confirmed it that it should have been a penalty for foul on Calvert-Lewin.  That said, he was up to his nonsense again and karma says fuck you! The one where he jumped into Robbo's path and then crumpled was almost a carbon copy of the way he bought a penalty a few season's back.

I'm sad that Marco Silva will get the sack as he's calamitously bad but it's certainly one for the history books.  04/12/2019: Liverpool 5v2 Everton, Liverpool eight points clear, Everton in the relegation zone, 29 point gap, defeat sees Everton manager sacked!

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: December 5, 2019, 12:10:16 am »
Liverpool 5-2 Everton: Jürgen Klopp's reaction

Jürgen Klopp described Liverpool's performance in winning Wednesday night's Merseyside derby 5-2 as 'exceptional'.

The Reds boss made five changes to his starting XI to face Everton at Anfield and was rewarded with an emphatic performance, including three goals – two from Divock Origi and one from Xherdan Shaqiri – courtesy of players brought into the line-up.

Victory maintained their eight-point lead at the Premier League summit and set a new club record of 32 consecutive league matches without defeat.

On his assessment of the performance…

Good – really, really good, especially in the circumstances I created pretty much by myself with the line-up. Making five changes can lead to some problems, of course. I didn’t see any of them. We have to make changes, that’s clear; probably some people were not too happy that we did that before a derby but we cannot make differences on that. It was clear it would be a really intense game so we needed fresh legs, as many as we could get. The only two boys I didn’t bring tonight were Joe [Gomez] and Naby [Keita] and both – with Joe you saw it and Naby I can tell you – are in outstanding shape. It was only me not being brave enough to make [those changes] as well.

But what the boys made of this difficult game was exceptional. We scored incredible goals. We had to fight. A few things didn’t work out defensively. First, we probably surprised them with our system; then, they didn’t surprise us but we couldn’t adapt as quickly as possible as necessary to their little system change. We wanted to wait until half-time – I was fine with 4-1, I was not fine with 4-2. But then we adapted to the system. It was an intense game but we controlled it much more again, scored a sensational fifth goal and job done – all good.

On Origi’s overall performance…

Outstanding! What a game he played. It was not only the goals but the goals were exceptional. The first one was a great attack in general – winning the ball, Adam [Lallana] passes to Sadio; Sadio sees the run, sees his movement and passes that ball in exactly the right moment, one touch and an open goal, great. The second one… in Germany when I was young one highlight of my week was always goal of the week and goal of the month; when they selected these, that would have been 100 per cent in contention. It was just a great first touch and then finishing it off like this. Apart from that, incredibly important runs for us, movements, used his speed, looked so natural. That was the most important thing. The understanding with Shaq and Sadio was obviously really good. So it was a pretty impressive performance of Div.

On the encouragement he takes from the performances of the players who came into the team…

That was the reason why we made the changes, then as a manager you hope for it. When the boys then deliver like they did tonight, it’s the best feeling you can get as a manager actually, that it worked out like that. It didn’t surprise me but I didn’t expect it in that – not perfection – but that manner. It was really good and helped us, not only the three points but that we could make the changes and the boys now know. Because it’s easy for me to tell them often, very often, how good they are but if they then don’t play it’s not too easy for them to always understand what I say. But if they play and deliver like they did tonight, it’s a very, very important sign for the whole squad, absolutely.

On becoming the fastest manager in Liverpool history to 100 league wins…

What I can say about it, what my feeling is, is all of these 100 wins were kind of lifesavers. It is always so important. I feel since two years it is not allowed to draw or whatever, or to lose, for sure not. Since we chased the Champions League two years ago and had a kind of advantage over Chelsea and then Chelsea came back and chased us all over the pitch without playing us. Since then, we have [had] to win each game and thank God the boys did that pretty often. But it’s not the number I am really interested in; it’s 300 points, that’s cool, but only 43 of them help us this season – all the others don’t help us. All good, a nice number, but I’m not too interested. The boys are the reason for the wins, nothing else. It is cool but it’s necessary as well. We sit here and nobody is kind of relieved, it is just a number – 43 – and three is the next number because in three days we play again against Bournemouth. They are waiting for us with all they have. They are not happy with their situation; I saw their game last night and they want to strike back, so we have to be ready for that game again and that’s actually the only thing I’m really thinking about: how can we make sure we are there for this specific fight and ready again? Then we will see. Stats are cool, if you look at it after a season then it is interesting, but in the season, absolutely not interesting for me.

On Shaqiri’s performance on his first start in seven months…

[Seven months] really? Sorry Shaq! He was injured a couple of times. If he could have scored two goals like Divock instead of one, I could say exactly the same [as I said about Origi]. He looked completely fresh, he looked strong, physically strong, so it is important players train after they get injured. He had twice this calf thing this season, so there was not a lot to change but I think he has been back in training for two or three weeks now completely normal. He understood the situation, that’s how it is in a squad when you win a lot of games, you don’t make 20 changes. It was always clear this period now of the year is where we need all of the boys and I hope they will then be in the shape like Shaq and Div tonight, or Adam [Lallana] tonight. It’s really important and gives us the feeling that we can do it more often – and we will do it more often. It was an incredible performance, the set-pieces were outstanding. It was all really good. More to follow!

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/376312-jurgen-klopp-merseyside-derby-reaction-liverpool-everton

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #411 on: December 5, 2019, 12:14:22 am »
Well that was rather good. There were some great goals scored by us tonight. Two goals kinda flattered Everton as they were never really in it. Klopp made some bold changes and they all worked. I thought Origi took his goals brilliantly.
#JFT97

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: December 5, 2019, 12:18:03 am »
No Alisson, no Matip, no Fabinho, no Salah, No Bobby. Our spine almost gone. 5 goals and played brilliantly.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #413 on: December 5, 2019, 12:18:38 am »
So i had the thought that this is going to be great theater-here now is a presented a challenge for Klopp. Until now if anything ill bet hes slightly bored without even knowing it himself, hes made this machine and by now it just goes out and works, grinds out the points and its all cool and its just keeping it ticking over.

Now hes lost Fabhino at the literal start of the busy period, just when he was going to have to begin to rotate anyway. I'll give you a zillion to one he is thinking. "Right, thats on me to make sure that my rotation policy is so damn top notch that it more than compensates for the loss" and hes tucked right into it with relish! Team today to Spank the Ev, just a taster. Origi and Shaq went full release the Krackens man. so awesome. Different team. different formation, different plan "Ok boys, were gonna Send it long to Mane and Origi against the ev (team roars with laughter "ahaha good one boss thats great!")

Hes gonna rotate this period consummately pinpointing strengths and weaknesses along the way and it should be hugely entertaining. Roll on the Reds.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: December 5, 2019, 12:20:34 am »
Shaq, Origi and Lallana all did themselves and the club proud.
YNWA

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #415 on: December 5, 2019, 12:23:11 am »
Now that the dust has settled... Man, we're going to have to do something about our defending and the way teams absolutely open us up at will. Everton scored two today and had that Calvert-Lewin opportunity where it looked as though he was clear until Virgil put him off which was incredibly risky. And then Moise Keane should have made it 4-3 in the 85th minute but for some awful finishing. Yes, we'll point to Fabinho being out but we hadn't kept a clean sheet with him in the side since forever as well. We're just making too many defensive mistakes and teams are going through our midfield as if they weren't there.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: December 5, 2019, 12:23:54 am »

'Stats are cool, if you look at it after a season then it is interesting, but in the season, absolutely not interesting for me.'

Is right.

Offline GeorgiaRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #417 on: December 5, 2019, 12:28:08 am »
 :wave
Just a feeling that Silva expected the 'normal' first team (which is why he setuo with effectively a 5-4-1) to nullify our usual pattern of play - instead we have Divock and Shaq with fresh legs who just run and run at them - eventually forced to change his shape via an early sub.

His aim of holding us to 0-0 was shattered at kick off

I thought that is what you meant by it. Not seeing the game I couldn't know for sure. Thanks for that.   :wave

Offline coutinho and firmino

• Main Stander
« Reply #418 on: December 5, 2019, 12:30:54 am »
Does anyone genuinely feel a bit sorry for Everton?

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: December 5, 2019, 12:35:09 am »
A half strength team and we blew them away, probably our best performance of the season give or take a couple of hiccups in defence. Shaqiri looked good and his run for that goal was exceptional, Origi was lethal, Mane looked like a Ballon d'or contender with those sublime first touches and Trent, Virg and Robbo were all lethal from defence. Just wonderful all round.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #420 on: December 5, 2019, 12:36:13 am »
I don’t feel sorry for them. If it was the other way round they’d be lauding our demise. They are and will be too good to go down but they’re severely lacking Gomes and Delph in the middle of the park.

They showed against Leicester they can tough it out and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them get something against Chelsea on Saturday.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Online jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: December 5, 2019, 12:36:51 am »
No Alisson, no Matip, no Fabinho, no Salah, No Bobby. Our spine almost gone. 5 goals and played brilliantly.
We were spineless. That the reason we wallop 5 goals.....all passion! Got outta of our 2 goals per game conundrum in an Divock way! 
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: December 5, 2019, 12:39:08 am »
We all wanted a thumping win against them and we got it.

That said for some reason at 4-2 I was still pretty nervous.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #423 on: December 5, 2019, 12:41:11 am »
I don’t feel sorry for them. If it was the other way round they’d be lauding our demise. They are and will be too good to go down but they’re severely lacking Gomes and Delph in the middle of the park.

They showed against Leicester they can tough it out and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them get something against Chelsea on Saturday.

Chelsea are very good away I'd be shocked if they got anything from that

Online jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: December 5, 2019, 12:41:14 am »
We all wanted a thumping win against them and we got it.

That said for some reason at 4-2 I was still pretty nervous.
Yeah. We didn't have the usual control in midfield. But the attack was a world of a difference with Div and Shaq! AS if they were some how unleashed.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: December 5, 2019, 12:50:24 am »
Now that the dust has settled... Man, we're going to have to do something about our defending and the way teams absolutely open us up at will. Everton scored two today and had that Calvert-Lewin opportunity where it looked as though he was clear until Virgil put him off which was incredibly risky. And then Moise Keane should have made it 4-3 in the 85th minute but for some awful finishing. Yes, we'll point to Fabinho being out but we hadn't kept a clean sheet with him in the side since forever as well. We're just making too many defensive mistakes and teams are going through our midfield as if they weren't there.

This team can put anyone to the sword. Clean sheets would be nice but the name of the game is. 3 points and we e been rather good at collecting then

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: December 5, 2019, 12:56:42 am »
But it’s not the number I am really interested in; it’s 300 points, that’s cool, but only 43 of them help us this season – all the others don’t help us.
Klopp out!  It's only 42 points from wins this season, not 43.  The man's clearly an imbecile and nothing more than a hug merchant  ::)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: December 5, 2019, 01:05:49 am »
Over the mooon, 5 goals,3 points and bitters in tears. First.timenin the league that we have conceded 2 goals and a mixture of Lovrens defending, midfield 2 not doing enough and fullbacks. But at the end of the day who cares and we rotated our side  muahhaah

Merry Xmas Everton

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #428 on: December 5, 2019, 01:21:38 am »
We weren't even that good tonight  ;D Everton are shite.

Great performances from Div and Shaq, the latter of who definitely came in from the cold. Shame we gave them a couple of shit goals, but first time we've scored 5 against them in a long, long time.

UP THE REDS!
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: December 5, 2019, 01:27:51 am »
Team sheet come out and like everyone... wtf?

BUT! Somehow made sense... and I don't know why. Fresh legs as has been admitted but surely not Jurgen... not tonight! ;D

That front 3 started when we stuffed Barca.

Offline ByrdmanLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #430 on: December 5, 2019, 01:32:11 am »
Rival Fans are having a meltdown and claiming the refs helped us again :wave :wave

Genuine question though: Did we sound like this when United was winning the lot? If so, i am ashamed of myself

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: December 5, 2019, 01:33:23 am »
I was just saying the other day that Everton never produce results when we need them to (last weekend being a case in point). Most of us would have expected them to at least turn up and make a decent go of it. We're somewhat fortunate to be playing them right now as their manager is surely about three seconds away from being sacked. Having said that, we absolutely blew them away and save for a couple of consolation goals they'd have been utterly humiliated.

It warms my heart to see the likes of Origi, Shaqiri and even Lallana now come into the side and make such an impact. Really clever management from Klopp to sense that Everton were there for the taking and allowing Mo, Bobby & Hendo a rest.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #432 on: December 5, 2019, 01:35:59 am »
Also, what a fucking bench

That must be the best Liverpool bench (even ali missing) ive ever seen

Casey Hendo Gomez Ox Naby Firmino Mo

Bag of tools that is!   

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: December 5, 2019, 01:39:16 am »
Wow...that was good. I wanted some changes in the team just to freshen things up and boom look at the score. It might have been interesting to see how gomez would have done  if he replaced lovern but i guess 6 changes to the team is a little too much (as what klopp mentioned in the post match).

Don't give a $hit about performance this month. Just win every single game (maybe not the league cup) and then think about performing well from jan 2020 onwards.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2019, 01:40:57 am by Bolrick »
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: December 5, 2019, 01:52:27 am »
I know a couple of decent Blues, I feel sorry for them, as they've had fuck all to shout about for almost 25 years, but the rabid nut jobs I've no sympathy for.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #435 on: December 5, 2019, 02:18:24 am »

Not in the slightest. They do it to themselves. They've spent around half a billion quid in recent seasons to end up with that steaming pile of shite. It's about time they started looking at themselves rather than whingeing and blaming everyone and everything else for their problems.

They came to Anfield and had a go. We had the best goalkeeper in the world suspended. We have injuries to Matip and Fabinho. We had Salah, Firminho, Keita, Gomez, Henderson and Oxlade-Chamberlain on the bench. They were very fortunate with their first goal. We still stuffed them 5-2 after basically declaring at half-time and conserving energy in the second half. Two goals flattered Everton, but eight wouldn't have flattered us. It's hard to feel sorry for a club that sacks managers virtually every season and pisses half a billion quid into the Mersey and ends up in that state.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: December 5, 2019, 02:31:59 am »
Rival Fans are having a meltdown and claiming the refs helped us again :wave :wave

Genuine question though: Did we sound like this when United was winning the lot? If so, i am ashamed of myself

We've been melting heads for a few years now.  ;D  I absolutely love it.

In answer to your question, no, I don't think we sounded like the likes of Blue Loon, GOT etc when United were winning things. Of course, football fans everywhere noted how numerous minutes were added to games when United needed a goal. Who can forget 'Fergie Time'. Also noted was the media love-in with them and how their players always surrounded and hounded referees. As much as Liverpool fans hated them, I think the vast majority knew a good side when they saw it. Ferguson brought in some fabulous players, but he also got the best out of average players too. Of all people, Liverpool fans knew full well just how difficult it is to build, then maintain, a dynasty. Yes, we hated them, and we still do. We hated them when they were shite too, but the genuine football fans amongst our number knew how good they were, and most could grudgingly admit it too.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: December 5, 2019, 02:36:02 am »
Couldn't watch the match because it was really late at night and I didn't have a great day.

Woke up today to watch the highlights without seeing the score. Saw the lineup and thought Jurgen is a crazy bastard.

Then I saw the full highlights and realised that Jurgen has cheat codes to winning matches. I was laughing when I saw Origi score twice and Shaq get one.

Just shows how good Jurgen is at reading the game and situations, and taking the right decisions.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #438 on: December 5, 2019, 03:09:51 am »
Don't feel sorry for them...they wouldn't if the roles were reversed....they were beside themselves with delight when it looked like we were going into administration....however the wheel can still turn...when I started following Liverpool in the 60's Everton were the big boys and used to look down their noses at us...look at manu now...you never know, Tom Hicks has come out of the woodwork...maybe he's sniffing around to take over a premier league team like Everton :)

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: December 5, 2019, 03:21:56 am »
Don't feel sorry for them...they wouldn't if the roles were reversed....they were beside themselves with delight when it looked like we were going into administration....however the wheel can still turn...when I started following Liverpool in the 60's Everton were the big boys and used to look down their noses at us...look at manu now...you never know, Tom Hicks has come out of the woodwork...maybe he's sniffing around to take over a premier league team like Everton :)

I was born in the 60s but didn't start going to the match until 1971. I'm lucky in that I've never known Everton to be that big. In the 60s I wasn't aware of them. In the 70s they were an absolute joke. In the 80s they had the most successful period in their entire history, but it was still only a brief blip in otherwise complete Liverpool domination. Since that brief spell in the sunshine, they've been a joke ever since. Going on what I've seen in my 57 years, it's difficult for me to see the attraction with them for the fans they have actually got. For me, Nottingham Forest and Leeds United have done more in my lifetime than they have, so it's quite difficult for me to see them as a true big club. The idea that they were ever in a position to look down their noses at Liverpool just doesn't compute in my mind.