Author Topic: FA Cup 4th Round selling details  (Read 28311 times)

Offline corbyRed

• Kopite
Re: FA Cup 4th Round selling details
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2020, 01:31:06 pm »
Four blocks popped up at one point after an hour in the queue but no luck as of yet getting a single

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2020, 01:31:38 pm »
That's me not going now. Shite way of doing the sale

Offline harrythedog

• Main Stander
« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2020, 01:32:46 pm »
sold out

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2020, 01:33:15 pm »
number 1 wife got me one after only joining the que at 12:55 how the fuck does that work ????

My phone logged on at 12.30 and still says under an hour. :lmao
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2020, 01:33:56 pm »
I timed it badly.  Got in at 13:04 rather than just before 13:00.  Nothing left, but singles kept popping up and managed to bag a couple eventually, so happy with outcome.  But I'm literally shaking with the adrenaline of that.  Was worse than the bulk sales for tension.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2020, 01:40:32 pm »
Is that it now do we think?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2020, 01:46:11 pm »
Prefer it like that where it's a refresh at 1pm rather than taking the chance of a queue time. However anyone who logged on after 12.35 was hard done by because the queue time was over an hour then but looking on here a lot were sorted.

Offline tbonejones

• Dr. Doolittle
  • Legacy Fan
  • We'll be coming down the road...
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2020, 01:53:55 pm »
Prefer it like that where it's a refresh at 1pm rather than taking the chance of a queue time. However anyone who logged on after 12.35 was hard done by because the queue time was over an hour then but looking on here a lot were sorted.

I don't mind it like that either – had we known it would be like that. However every sale I've tried to get tickets in up to this point has started with the site being closed, baskets being emptied, and then everyone being placed in a clue. So I followed the same protocol that I have since this system's been in place, only for it to be different and leave me without a chance of a ticket. And I logged in early! But at about the time you said.

Anyway, never mind, have to wait for a larger allocation sometime in the future to climb the rung that I just slipped off  :butt
Journo: ''So, let me get this right, train, coach, train, plane.''
Rafa: ''No, coach first because we will not be walking to the train station.''

Don't Buy The Sun - www.dontbuythesun.co.uk

It was poodle. She was rocking a fucking poodle to sleep.

Offline scouser100000

• Kemlynite
« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2020, 02:01:11 pm »
Is anyone else kicking themselves for pressing F5 one too many times when more were available. My brain said 'don't press' but my finger said 'too late mate'  :no

Offline harrythedog

• Main Stander
« Reply #129 on: January 16, 2020, 02:03:20 pm »
Just spent 20 mins on refresh mate on the off chance one will come up!

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: January 16, 2020, 02:04:55 pm »
Not even that, for all aways 85% go the the normal allocation 10% to balloted corporates and 5% to ultra vip corporates/players and sponsors.  It’s always been like this and similar numbers to the likes of Utd.  If a player owns a main stand box they get double the amount of tickets they would without the box.  Then a lot of the tickets that get passed to clients from corporate. For example bt sport and the premier league can in theory get  upto 14 tickets between them for an away and give them to clients who aren’t Liverpool fans etc.  Standard chartered get aways guaranteed unlike the other 2. which they can give to a YouTuber for example .We as a club have less corporates than Man Utd/ arsenal also
Oh here we go. Couldn't give a shit about other clubs.

Since the new main stand more and more siphoned off to corps, fact. There should have been about 400 in that sale there was a small handful, 100 if that. Funny isn't it.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2020, 02:12:09 pm »

There was already a queue from about 12.15pm! It was just pot luck if you checked the site early enough to get in the queue - I checked just after 12pm but I still thought they'd close the site at half 12. I don't mind it normally but there was obviously a lot of demand for this one and that's when they usually close the site. Ah well, at least a few off here got sorted anyway, I was lucky with the scraps for Salzburg so can't complain too much.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2020, 02:18:45 pm »

Since the new main stand more and more siphoned off to corps, fact. There should have been about 400 in that sale there was a small handful, 100 if that. Funny isn't it.

Was never gonna be 400. Reckon a big part of it is the players allocation. Not gonna get them taking many for Exeter on a Friday night, but Shrewsbury an hour and a bit away on a Sunday afternoon is a different matter.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2020, 02:29:28 pm »

Have you got evidence to back up your fact? How do you know players don’t want their full allocation. Players and sponsors and staff get tickets which are held back from the main sale

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2020, 02:31:19 pm »
Was never gonna be 400. Reckon a big part of it is the players allocation. Not gonna get them taking many for Exeter on a Friday night, but Shrewsbury an hour and a bit away on a Sunday afternoon is a different matter.

Exactly this. Each player can get 4 each for a game add that to them having main stand boxes etc they can get 8 tickets easily. Can roughly estimate around 150 tickets go to players n staff out the allocation

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2020, 02:46:02 pm »
Less tickets go to "corporates" now than they did a couple of seasons ago. Would really love to see a breakdown of away allocations. Man United do it so why cant we

The 15/16 season was a joke. Loads of sales which are normally 12/11 credits were selling out on 16/15, if anybody else remembers

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2020, 02:49:24 pm »
Exactly this. Each player can get 4 each for a game add that to them having main stand boxes etc they can get 8 tickets easily. Can roughly estimate around 150 tickets go to players n staff out the allocation

It can't have been far off 400. And that would still leave some unaccounted for.

Absolutely no reason why they can't and shouldn't be transparent with a break down of numbers.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2020, 02:57:06 pm »
It can't have been far off 400. And that would still leave some unaccounted for.

Absolutely no reason why they can't and shouldn't be transparent with a break down of numbers.

The club don’t do transparency. What makes it harder is I dont think anyone keeps track of how many season tickets and how many members have the required credits and how many within that buy etc. If it went the Man Utd way then you’d see figures but for that only season tickets could buy aways

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2020, 02:59:21 pm »
Less tickets go to "corporates" now than they did a couple of seasons ago. Would really love to see a breakdown of away allocations. Man United do it so why cant we

The 15/16 season was a joke. Loads of sales which are normally 12/11 credits were selling out on 16/15, if anybody else remembers

Man Utd also only allow season ticket holders to buy aways.   15/16 was before the new main stand also so god knows what that was about.   

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2020, 03:02:15 pm »
The club don’t do transparency  What makes it harder is I dont think anyone keeps track of how many season tickets and how many members have the required credits and how many within that buy etc. If it went the Man Utd way then you’d see figures but for that only season tickets could buy aways
ha ha no shit.

No one keeps track? haha its not a sunday league club with someone writing stuff down, it's a multi million pound business. Funny how they manage to keep track of their profit thought isn't it

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2020, 03:07:04 pm »
Mid-morning, the number of tickets available was varying from around 100 to zero as people kept basketing them.

Did anyone come online around around 3am to 4am to see what the state of play was?  The numbers of seats showing them would have been pretty much what was available today.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2020, 03:15:56 pm »
number 1 wife got me one after only joining the que at 12:55 how the fuck does that work ????
How many wives have you got? ;D
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #142 on: January 16, 2020, 03:19:14 pm »
Mid-morning, the number of tickets available was varying from around 100 to zero as people kept basketing them.

Did anyone come online around around 3am to 4am to see what the state of play was?  The numbers of seats showing them would have been pretty much what was available today.

I noticed when I looked yesterday afternoon the availability was limited, and then the same again this morning - when they eventually got taken off before being put back on at 1pm it went up to 'Good'. No idea what percentage it has to reach to get to 'Good' though.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline vamos tony

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #143 on: January 16, 2020, 03:19:51 pm »
How many wives have you got? ;D
She was in the relegation zone, and the transfer window is still open,  but after today performance she is back at the top and asking for a contract extension. ;D
SOS Member 2692
“It is better to die on your feet than live forever on your knees”. Dolores Ibaruri, Asturias, Spain,1934

Offline FTH

• Main Stander
« Reply #144 on: January 16, 2020, 03:22:26 pm »

The club were asked, and said they would do this, over 3 years ago. They won't, because people will go mental when they see the contractual obligations.

They are also repeatedly asked by the forums.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2020, 03:30:51 pm »

Should be ~ 340 difference in terms of difference between Exeter and today. Probably isn't outrageous for there to be 150 extra going to players than Exeter.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2020, 05:21:55 pm »
I noticed that the Payment Reference has now clocked over 10 million as of today.  I presume it didn't start at zero.

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2020, 05:24:51 pm »
Have one in basket, says the card doesn't qualify, i have 3 aways on this card but i only bought the membership on tuesday, is that the problem I wonder?? Is there a certain time limit you need to have purchased the membership before you can buy a  ticket with the same membership?

Rang them, the lady said she can't see anything wrong at her end and was looking for a screenshot off me, it timed out and I lost the ticket so unfortunately the system has let me down again, anyone ever have any problems like this before?

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #148 on: January 16, 2020, 05:48:11 pm »
Rang them, the lady said she can't see anything wrong at her end and was looking for a screenshot off me, it timed out and I lost the ticket so unfortunately the system has let me down again, anyone ever have any problems like this before?

Had a similar problem for Napoli earlier in the year but when I phoned up she just did something her end and then it let me buy. Can't remember if I had to add a new ticket to the basket or not though.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2020, 05:55:44 pm »
I'm actually in but there are no tickets showing - someone has basketed them all.

That's another thing, they need to only let people basket the maximum number allowed per person (most of the time it's 4)

That will stop dickheads (and bots) basketing the lot

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: January 16, 2020, 06:02:36 pm »
The club were asked, and said they would do this, over 3 years ago. They won't, because people will go mental when they see the contractual obligations.

They are also repeatedly asked by the forums.

Someone should do a FOI request

Offline Gladbach73

• Anny Roader
« Reply #151 on: January 16, 2020, 06:05:54 pm »

I logged on yesterday at 1:00 for the guaranteed sale, put the three season ticket references in and it told me none qualified. (I'd double checked that all three had Wolves, Exeter, Plymouth and West Ham). I knew I was right because I used the tickets, not sold them on! Anyway phoned the ground, and a girl confirmed they all qualified and went away to speak to someone. Whilst she was away, the screen changed and let me buy them, then the girl came back and confirmed all three are logged as purchased (which I've now checked against each history) and are on their way to me.

On top of the farce earlier that morning with the Madrid tickets (see my listing on that page) I was ready to explode. The system basically is very poor, and it's not the first case I've heard of.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 06:08:27 pm by Gladbach73 »
"If Everton were playing in my back garden, I'd close the curtains"

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #152 on: January 16, 2020, 08:01:41 pm »
The club don’t do transparency. What makes it harder is I dont think anyone keeps track of how many season tickets and how many members have the required credits and how many within that buy etc. If it went the Man Utd way then you’d see figures but for that only season tickets could buy aways
How else would they know how many credits to start a sale on?! They know exactly how many are on each number of aways....they just don't want to share it with supporters  >:(
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 08:05:16 pm by Shanklygates »
We are a team of one half.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2020, 10:46:32 pm »

Yeah they just wing every sale. Weird tho that they always seems to be lucky enough that the random number of matches they pull out of the hat for the guaranteed sale is correct  :duh

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: January 17, 2020, 02:15:58 am »
That's another thing, they need to only let people basket the maximum number allowed per person (most of the time it's 4)

That will stop dickheads (and bots) basketing the lot
You really shouldn't be able to basket anything at all unless you've met qualifying criteria..madness it allows that at all
+6 ticket exchange

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: January 17, 2020, 07:52:48 am »
If coming on the train down from Liverpool the best way is to buy an off-peak return to Crewe for £9.20, then crewe to Shrewsbury off-peak return for £13.

This is almost half the price than buying just Liverpool to Shrewsbury [emoji106]
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 07:56:42 am by DougLFC94 »

Online stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #156 on: January 17, 2020, 08:23:20 am »
If coming on the train down from Liverpool the best way is to buy an off-peak return to Crewe for £9.20, then crewe to Shrewsbury off-peak return for £13.

This is almost half the price than buying just Liverpool to Shrewsbury [emoji106]

Saveaway from anywhere in Merseyside to Chester, then Chester to Shrewsbury, is just under £17 in total

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: January 17, 2020, 09:03:39 am »

£30 return for me from London. Travel Saturday back Sunday after game. That is advance train specific fare though

Offline 18X5

• Main Stander
« Reply #158 on: January 17, 2020, 09:56:34 am »
Saveaway from anywhere in Merseyside to Chester, then Chester to Shrewsbury, is just under £17 in total

Less with a 2 together rail card

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2020, 10:33:34 am »
Less with a 2 together rail card

does 2Together work on a saveaway?