Author Topic: Steven Gerrard  (Read 330090 times)

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Steven Gerrard
« Reply #1680 on: September 19, 2011, 01:02:41 am »
Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Really looking forward to seeing Stevie pull on the red jersey again. Savour it folks ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdVz0BsEsEs
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1681 on: September 19, 2011, 05:03:51 am »
Missed Stevie today.

reckon it might have had a slight psychological effect on the team as well that he wasn't even on the bench, which may just have contributed to the awful start...
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #1682 on: September 19, 2011, 06:16:13 am »
reckon it might have had a slight psychological effect on the team as well that he wasn't even on the bench, which may just have contributed to the awful start...

I don't see how. They've had a lot of time to get over it as Gerrard hasn't played for months. A lot of the lads out there haven't even played with him yet.

Suarez is the basket they put all their eggs in now.

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #1683 on: September 19, 2011, 06:17:30 am »
Stevie just being on the pitch will create space for Luis and Big Andy. Can't wait to see him out there.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1684 on: September 19, 2011, 06:23:46 am »
I don't see how. They've had a lot of time to get over it as Gerrard hasn't played for months. A lot of the lads out there haven't even played with him yet.

Suarez is the basket they put all their eggs in now.

remember reading the adam interview about how the team was excited by the prospect of stevie returning. with all  the speculation over the week about how this could probably have been his return. could have been a bit of a morale boost for them that he'd be returning. half clutching at straws here... i'm quite disturbed by our performance against them even before the first sending off...
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline Fowllah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What the fuck was I thinking with this pseudo?
« Reply #1685 on: September 19, 2011, 10:02:54 am »
Love Stevie but it's a shit state of affairs if we're still so heavily reliant on him to drag us out of a slump
I would rather us go down than see Gerrard pulling us out of it. Imagine the glee from his fan club. ::)

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #1686 on: September 19, 2011, 10:10:42 am »
I would rather us go down than see Gerrard pulling us out of it. Imagine the glee from his fan club. ::)

I've just read this three times to make sure I haven't misread it in anyway, and I haven't so it ranks as one of the most moronic postings I have ever seen.

Well done.

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1687 on: September 19, 2011, 10:13:30 am »
I've just read this three times to make sure I haven't misread it in anyway, and I haven't so it ranks as one of the most moronic postings I have ever seen.

Well done.

i just assumed he was fishing. robbie you fishing?  :o

Offline Fowllah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What the fuck was I thinking with this pseudo?
« Reply #1688 on: September 19, 2011, 10:18:36 am »
i just assumed he was fishing. robbie you fishing?  :o
I couldn't imagine anything more sickening mate.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
  • PSN: WesleyP1pes
« Reply #1689 on: September 19, 2011, 10:24:30 am »
Feels like we're waiting for Goku to get to the fight...

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #1690 on: September 19, 2011, 11:47:25 am »
I can't wait for Gerrard to come back, what a fucking player.
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1691 on: September 19, 2011, 11:52:10 am »
Anytime soon please. Couldn't care less even if he comes off the bench. Just get him on! :(

(I know we're not going to do anything risky. We've waited against Stoke and Spurs now though.)
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Jay012345

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • How many topics?
« Reply #1692 on: September 19, 2011, 11:55:39 am »
I couldn't imagine anything more sickening mate.

why?

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1693 on: September 19, 2011, 12:04:41 pm »
We're all dying to see him back and it seems most of us (including myself) are expecting him to turn things around for us which isn't likely to happen for a while in a team still adapting to new players.

That said, we'll need his presence against the Bitters and Mancs in 2-3 weeks time.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #1694 on: September 19, 2011, 01:14:20 pm »
Love Stevie but it's a shit state of affairs if we're still so heavily reliant on him to drag us out of a slump

He's our only true top class attacking midfielder. If we had another in the squad, I don't think we'd be so reliant on Gerrard and would be looking to the other player too. We really need to bring in someone in midfield who is at that game changing level, in my opinion.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1695 on: September 19, 2011, 01:19:02 pm »
What exactly needs turning round? We lost to Stoke (underserved) and lost to a pretty good Spurs team (deserved and a shite day at the office). Other than that we've looked half decent.

Offline Phatz

• Clean and serene... Yeah right...RAWK's Resident Pet Shop Boy?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Not being funny right, but...
« Reply #1696 on: September 19, 2011, 01:19:55 pm »

Don't. Get. This.
'Nuff said...

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #1697 on: September 19, 2011, 01:24:46 pm »

:lmao

Get out. Just get out.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline ozzy-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King.
« Reply #1698 on: September 19, 2011, 01:29:03 pm »
I know I hate when he scores for us.
Who needed his goals at Istanbul or Cardiff.
Certainly not us.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 02:26:54 pm by ozzy-red »
That's about as funny as having impotency and a pregnant wife.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1699 on: September 19, 2011, 01:32:41 pm »
Sarcasm people...

The rolling eyes gave it away for me.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1700 on: September 19, 2011, 01:35:38 pm »
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #1701 on: September 19, 2011, 02:11:47 pm »
I know I hate when he scores for us.
Who needed his goals at Istanbul or Wembley.
Certainly not us.

Wasn't it Cardiff?

Offline ozzy-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King.
« Reply #1702 on: September 19, 2011, 02:26:37 pm »
That's about as funny as having impotency and a pregnant wife.

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our dreams are what make us who we are.
« Reply #1703 on: September 19, 2011, 02:28:45 pm »
I'm a little concerned at the expectations of Gerrard. I do want him back but how he is going to come back, how he's going to settle within the team and system, how long will it take. He's been out for a long time, mentally and physically it can take awhile to get back to a level you were at "if" you ever do.

What happens if he comes back and it takes a while for him to find his form - the way so many fans are, he'll be getting slaughtered immediately also.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1704 on: September 19, 2011, 02:31:37 pm »
I'm a little concerned at the expectations of Gerrard. I do want him back but how he is going to come back, how he's going to settle within the team and system, how long will it take. He's been out for a long time, mentally and physically it can take awhile to get back to a level you were at "if" you ever do.

What happens if he comes back and it takes a while for him to find his form - the way so many fans are, he'll be getting slaughtered immediately also.
Than those fans will have short memories and must have some how lobotomised the parts of their brain which somewhere once use to hold memories of Gerrard single handedly driving and inspiring the team time and again.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1705 on: September 19, 2011, 02:37:23 pm »
He is Mr. Liverpool.

By far our best player.

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our dreams are what make us who we are.
« Reply #1706 on: September 19, 2011, 03:15:05 pm »
Than those fans will have short memories and must have some how lobotomised the parts of their brain which somewhere once use to hold memories of Gerrard single handedly driving and inspiring the team time and again.

There's plenty of them out there.

Also brings me to another point - we shouldn't need to have Gerrard back (as good as he is) reason we've added to the squad was so that we'd have enough options. Granted I think it's mostly a knee jerk reaction from the Spurs loss that people are saying we need Gerrard back but point trying to make is that we shouldn't 'need' him back to save us. Having him back should be an added bonus.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #1707 on: September 19, 2011, 03:24:34 pm »
I hope to fucking god that's a joke, but if you are serious you should be banned for spouting utter shite like that.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1708 on: September 19, 2011, 03:27:04 pm »
There's plenty of them out there.

Also brings me to another point - we shouldn't need to have Gerrard back (as good as he is) reason we've added to the squad was so that we'd have enough options. Granted I think it's mostly a knee jerk reaction from the Spurs loss that people are saying we need Gerrard back but point trying to make is that we shouldn't 'need' him back to save us. Having him back should be an added bonus.
No I see where your coming from, we need to avoid this Gerrard the 'saviour' bollox and the usual spiel you get from certain sections of the media that he alone can turn our fortunes around. It may of had some semblance of truth a couple of season's ago but things are different now I agree.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1709 on: September 19, 2011, 03:28:56 pm »
No I see where your coming from, we need to avoid this Gerrard the 'saviour' bollox and the usual spiel you get from certain sections of the media that he alone can turn our fortunes around. It may of had some semblance of truth a couple of season's ago but things are different now I agree.

Yeah but things are not that different. We cannot come 4th without him in my opinion.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1710 on: September 19, 2011, 03:31:16 pm »
Yeah but things are not that different. We cannot come 4th without him in my opinion.
I guess a world class talismanic CM/CAM/RW can always come in useful :)

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #1711 on: September 19, 2011, 03:32:23 pm »

I don't normally agree with the majority of your posts, but that's two today that I agree with.

I hope we see a bit more transfer activity in January to get in another top quality midfielder. It's all well and good having players for the future, but we still need players for now.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1712 on: September 19, 2011, 03:34:02 pm »
we need for the simple reason that his prsence alone will open up play for the other players - specifially its going to immensely help Suarez and Carroll.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1713 on: September 19, 2011, 03:35:12 pm »
He is Mr. Liverpool.

By far our best player.

Nah, Stevie is awesome but Suarez is at his level if not better.

But we can't get Stevie back quick enough. He could transform our attack playing behind Suarez or alongside Suarez and Downing behind Carroll.

Offline stevy_sayan

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1714 on: September 19, 2011, 03:55:12 pm »
Against the guinyu force i reckon

Offline theredstar

• Main Stander
« Reply #1715 on: September 19, 2011, 03:59:29 pm »
At the game yesterday, Spurs bossed us right from the off, all I could think at the end is we need Gerrard back (Again!) to give some direction, drive and passion back to the midfield.  Im sorry but Henderson as I have said all along was useless, no point in him being there he did nothing going forward and offered Skertel nothing in support containing Bale. Truth hurts.

Offline m4Rco

• Kopite
  • wat
« Reply #1716 on: September 19, 2011, 04:02:26 pm »
Against the guinyu force i reckon

Only a few moments remaining until Goku arrives.

Next week:

Goku is almost there, can he stop the ginyu force?

Next week:

Goku is about to arrive, is he up to the challenge?

;)
#8 Steven Gerrard
There was no miracle in Istanbul. It was just a man inspiring other men to victory. A man with whom you'll never walk alone.

Offline stevy_sayan

• Main Stander
« Reply #1717 on: September 19, 2011, 04:02:31 pm »
I can bet my life that adam would never be able to take control of a game alone , but gerrard can. Alonso had that tremendous temperament along with his gifted footballing attributes, to control a game. Would be really interesting to see how we fare against the likes of city, chelsea man u when gerrard as clearly when things arent working he is that player who can get grip of the game by the neck, that is what we need him to do now. Clearly the likes of caroll, suarez and downing need those passes in order to do their job, hoping to see him against brighton and a start against wolves , lets batter them

Offline stevy_sayan

• Main Stander
« Reply #1718 on: September 19, 2011, 04:03:43 pm »
Only a few moments remaining until Goku arrives.

Next week:

Goku is almost there, can he stop the ginyu force?

Next week:

Goku is about to arrive, is he up to the challenge?

;)
frieza must be man u then :lickin, racoon everton :)

Offline ynwa83

• Anny Roader
  • Throw me that lifeline
« Reply #1719 on: September 19, 2011, 04:53:04 pm »
rofl
It really does.