Author Topic: Have I Got News For You  (Read 49639 times)

Offline tezmac

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: have i got news for you.
« Reply #40 on: May 7, 2007, 09:25:17 pm »
Great show
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king

Offline mjgill85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bees? Beads?
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2007, 02:05:07 pm »
Chris Tarrant is presenting this week (with Lembit whatshisname as a panelist- the fella who's now with a cheeky girl) and he goes and does this ;D

Tarrant arrested in curry house

Fingers crossed this won't be missed by Merton and Hislop ;)
@_michaelgill

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2007, 08:22:29 pm »
Chris Tarrant is presenting this week (with Lembit whatshisname as a panelist- the fella who's now with a cheeky girl) and he goes and does this ;D

Tarrant arrested in curry house

Fingers crossed this won't be missed by Merton and Hislop ;)

Offline mjgill85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bees? Beads?
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2007, 08:24:46 pm »
;D

It said on the news that it was cutlery so if I take 50/50 and it leaves spoon and fork I'd be annoyed ;)
@_michaelgill

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2007, 09:26:25 pm »
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2007, 07:24:32 pm »
I love the show but Paul Mertons need to be the funny one is really tiring. I remember him really going off on one at the audience after they groaned at one of his jokes he sulked for the rest of the show and poked in these 'I suppose this isnt funny' comments every time he said something. Child like. Gets a laugh at others expense so much of the time in such an OTT way I cant believe their arent people who think he's a c*nt when they leave the studio.

I get the feeling he walks in their dressing room and says 'good show' expecting them to forget him making them look a  twat for 30 minutes

I would be suprised if he wasnt the one ripping fat/spotty kids to pieces and getting a laugh from the rest of his class. This is his humour down to a tee

The edge to the show is and will always be the host and the written jokes for Merton and Hislop to bounce off.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2007, 02:33:52 pm »

Offline saph

• Magnificent seven lesbian
  • Legacy Fan
  • it could look like a liverbird after a few pints
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2007, 09:41:57 pm »
did anybody else think tonight's episode was just bitchy? funny at times but lembit oppick seemed to get too offended by hislop, as did tarrant which made it a bit cringeworthy.

hislop was class though :)
sponsored by 2 NaCl + 2 H2O → Cl2 + H2 + 2 NaOH

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2007, 09:50:12 pm »
Hislop's pursuit of ridiculing Tarrant tonight was relentless.

The only way to win an argument with Hislop would be to deck him ;D

Offline kopbird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2007, 10:08:41 pm »
Lembit came across as a complete tit

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2007, 10:13:25 pm »
Lembit came across as a complete tit

That's most probably because he is. Grinning c*nt.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2007, 04:30:55 pm »
Thought Tarrant was shite. Maybe it's because I dislike the bloke but he grates very easily. Taking the piss out of yourself can be funny, but he/they went OTT.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2007, 12:11:52 pm »
unseen footage from last week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0I68MAoH3s

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2007, 01:11:51 pm »
I love the show but Paul Mertons need to be the funny one is really tiring. I remember him really going off on one at the audience after they groaned at one of his jokes he sulked for the rest of the show and poked in these 'I suppose this isnt funny' comments every time he said something. Child like. Gets a laugh at others expense so much of the time in such an OTT way I cant believe their arent people who think he's a c*nt when they leave the studio.

I get the feeling he walks in their dressing room and says 'good show' expecting them to forget him making them look a  twat for 30 minutes

I would be suprised if he wasnt the one ripping fat/spotty kids to pieces and getting a laugh from the rest of his class. This is his humour down to a tee

The edge to the show is and will always be the host and the written jokes for Merton and Hislop to bounce off.

I agree with all of this. Has anybody else noticed that he only ever laughs at his own or Hislop's jokes, and sits there with an indifferent expression whenever another panelist or presenter makes a joke, and sometimes even looks at the audience as if to ask 'why the hell did you find that funny?'

Will Angus ever be back, even if it's just for one episode?

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2007, 02:30:41 am »
I agree with all of this. Has anybody else noticed that he only ever laughs at his own or Hislop's jokes, and sits there with an indifferent expression whenever another panelist or presenter makes a joke, and sometimes even looks at the audience as if to ask 'why the hell did you find that funny?'

Indifferent is putting it mildly

Im currently watching the show after Deayton was caught with a hooker.

Merton is absolutely fucking disgraceful. I am sure there are people who find this funny but its just pure evil and totally puts what I think of Merton in stone. The bloke is a bully and gets laughs out of embarresment and othe rpeoples faults. The crowd were laughing out of pure embarrasment.

Paul Merton and Ian Hislop are a pair of c*nts. I dont particularly like Deayton but that was pathetic. Ive honestly never seen anything like that on tv. Cringeworthy from start to finish. If theyd done that to me I would have sparked the two of them out after the show.

Dave Gorman had a shocker aswell. Just put sly digs in like the kid at the front of the bus who is usually the one being picked on and relishing his chance to be one of the boys at the back of the bus 'they might like me after all'

Livingstone to his credit never mentioned it once and came out with a bit of dignity.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2007, 08:39:07 am »
Merton is a comedy genius and has carried the show.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline lauz

• Looking for a talented pastie smasher. Apply within.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2007, 01:21:57 pm »
rushyman, if you don't like the show just don't watch it.

agree.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2007, 01:54:43 pm »

Comes across on that show as a big headed nasty c*nt. Also likes to go off on how much about music he knows and how 'out of touch' Hislop is. Little realising he isnt far behind him

If he only ever did room 101 I wouldnt think he was a bad guy atall.

HIGNFY he is a c*nt. There really isnt two ways about that in my mind.

But opinions are like arseholes. Everyones got one

Jurgen Klopp

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2007, 01:56:59 pm »
Comes across on that show as a big headed nasty c*nt

I've watched most episodes and really can't see where the hell you're coming from with that one.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2007, 03:00:49 pm »
I've watched most episodes and really can't see where the hell you're coming from with that one.

Getting laughs at others expense in a pretty nasty way never laughing at anyones jokes. Actually goes out of his way to look sullen and miserable when others get a laugh

If you watched Deaytons final show and thought that was funny then we are two different people thats all there is to it

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2007, 03:06:59 pm »
Angus Deayton? Is he the one who went off with a prostitute, had an affair and did drugs? That Angus Deayton?

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2007, 03:39:16 pm »
Angus Deayton? Is he the one who went off with a prostitute, had an affair and did drugs? That Angus Deayton?

Exactly you'd feel short changed if they didnt take the piss out of him.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2007, 03:50:56 pm »
Exactly you'd feel short changed if they didnt take the piss out of him.

Absolutely and it was funny for 5 minutes.

Angus Deayton is a tosser. Its not the point atall though.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2007, 04:50:28 pm »
Absolutely and it was funny for 5 minutes.

Angus Deayton is a tosser. Its not the point atall though.

You don't like the presenters, you don't like the captains and you don't like the guests - why on earth do you watch it?
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2007, 05:03:15 pm »
You don't like the presenters, you don't like the captains and you don't like the guests - why on earth do you watch it?

It's a very good question.

Offline Rigga

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2007, 05:18:31 pm »
Alexander Armstrong tonight, not too keen myself.  I miss most weeks episodes, so can someone tell me - Has Stephen Fry had a go yet?  I think they'd have more than any 15 minutes of extras with him in control - he'd tear Merton apart if he started.  Loved Bill Bailey's go at the job though, he's fantastic.

Someone said that if there's a stand up worth watching, make it Bailey.  May I add Robert Newman to that (ex mary whitehouse experience), educational and piss funny with it.  The link to his 'History of oil' stand up is on my sig if you're interested (just under the 'normal people' quote)

EDIT: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8957268309327954402   <<<< There you go
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 05:21:11 pm by Rigga »

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2007, 05:20:27 pm »
Alexander Armstrong tonight, not too keen myself.  I miss most weeks episodes, so can someone tell me - Has Stephen Fry had a go yet? 

According to wikipedia, Stephen Fry has vowed never to go on again in a show of solidarity to Angus Deayton.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2007, 05:21:14 pm »
According to wikipedia, Stephen Fry has vowed never to go on again in a show of solidarity to Angus Deayton.

What a legend Stephen Fry is. Very funny and very smart. QI is a great show.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2007, 05:24:24 pm »

I love the show its funny. I like the presenters. Have my favourites Good ones have been Clarkson, William Hague and Charlotte Church were bizzarely actually quite good, Marcus Brigstock, Jack Dee, Liza Tarbuck, Alistair McGowan and a man that seems a natural to do it permanently Jimmy Carr

Bad ones, Des Lynamand Tarrant were painful. Daphne off Frasier was terrible, Ronnie Corbett (the moment someone said anything vaguely risque he went purple), Lorreine Kewlly the same, Trevor McDonald (christ that was bad), Anne Widdecombe one wasnt worth watching.

Gordon Ramsey though good in places just seemed to say 'Fucking Hell' all the time like he does on the F Word like some sort of Dummy you buy and pull a string on his back.

Dont mind Hislop and the guests are hit and miss obviously. I just dont like Merton

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2007, 05:28:42 pm »
It's a very good question.

I didnt think so as I cant see anywhere where I actually said I disliked the guests or presenters or Hislop

I made reference to not liking Hislops behaviour on an individual incident, said Deayton was a tosser but he is one of what must be 50+ presenters and I thought he was good at what he did just a tosser for doing what he did with the whores

Jurgen Klopp

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2007, 05:31:34 pm »
Well Rushy mate, you sound like a barrel of laughs ;)

Nah, only joking.

Merton is so witty it's not human. He is brilliant, regardless of where it's aimed (and it's certainly not always at someone or nasty).

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2007, 05:43:39 pm »
Well Rushy mate, you sound like a barrel of laughs ;)

Nah, only joking.

Merton is so witty it's not human. He is brilliant, regardless of where it's aimed (and it's certainly not always at someone or nasty).

weeeellll alllright. He can live

*takes apart glock and silencer and puts it back in case*

Hope tonights one is funny. Armstrong is OK and looks set to become the permanent fixture. But I reckong Jimmy Carr would be a good choice

What does everyone else think?

Jurgen Klopp

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2007, 05:50:30 pm »
Jimmy Carr is as funny as anyone else on TV imo. Good humoured, nasty though ;)

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2007, 05:54:26 pm »
Jimmy Carr is as funny as anyone else on TV imo. Good humoured, nasty though ;)

agree but whats that lad on never mind the buzzcocks? Jesus I cant watch that anymore, its too cringeworthy

Jurgen Klopp

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2007, 05:56:01 pm »
agree but whats that lad on never mind the buzzcocks? Jesus I cant watch that anymore, its too cringeworthy

The new one is a prick, but lemar, he was actually a nasty prick - merton is nothing like him.

Lemar is the biggest prick on tv. Knows his music mind you.

Offline Rigga

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2007, 06:03:42 pm »
 :o   :o   :o

Lamarr a prick?  A nasty prick at that??

So he puts some of the media whores in their place and takes the piss out of people who put themselves up for it?  He's fuckin hilarious, gutted when he left.  I'll admit that Simon Amstell isn't as good as Lamarr, but I still think it's the best programme on the tele.  Watching that knobhead from The Ordinary Boys (Preston) losing his dummy and storming off the show cos he didn't expect his dozy Paris Hilton lookeylikey missus to get a ribbing was priceless!  Maungey little girl he is ;D

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2007, 06:05:43 pm »
:o   :o   :o

Lamarr a prick?  A nasty prick at that??

Come on, he is the crudest man in the industry. Makes jokes from the worst things. Can be very funny at times, but I don't like him none to much.

Offline Rigga

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2007, 06:08:16 pm »
I'll go with you as far as sometimes I winced while laughing at some of the things he's said, but more often than not he's just showing that there's humour to be found in everything.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2007, 06:14:55 pm »
I'll go with you as far as sometimes I winced while laughing at some of the things he's said, but more often than not he's just showing that there's humour to be found in everything.

There's a line - he likes to stretch line to breaking point... then watch it snap :p

Offline Rigga

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2007, 06:23:27 pm »
;D