Author Topic: The "It's on TV tonight" thread...  (Read 142330 times)

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The "It's on TV tonight" thread...
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2007, 12:14:55 am »
Nice one. Cheers Filler.

Yeah, i wondered what the Jo Brand thing was all about. Ah well could have been alot worse and been presented by Jo Wiley.

Great programme that I thought. Brilliant stuff. Jo Brand just linked a few bits but it neatly digested nigh on 40 years of music programming in a 40 minute nugget of joy. 'Anyone like the Human League?' ;D

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: June 1, 2007, 02:07:46 pm »

Sea of Fire
Highlight

Friday 01 June
9:00pm - 10:00pm
BBC2

On 25 May 1982, at the height of the Falklands crisis, HMS Broadsword and HMS Coventry came under attack from low-flying Argentinian Skyhawk fighters. If I tell you this documentary blends survivors' testimony with dramatic reconstruction, you might picture a ho-hum Timewatch-type affair, but Ian Duncan's artful film about that day is in a different league, searingly powerful yet edged with gallows humour. The mindset of the sailors comes across vividly: how unreal the conflict seemed to them, even in the midst of it. One junior rating recalls how he was reading a lawn-mower catalogue when he heard the ship was under attack, whereupon he grabbed his camera and rushed on deck to get a snap, only to be reduced to screaming terror. Elsewhere, the dramatised sequences make it easy to imagine the experience of being in a burning warship. There's striking imagery - a pair of burning headphones, the deadly blips on a radar screen - and arresting quotes ("My arm was alight and I was putting my arm out with my left hand," recalls one survivor). Of all the recent Falklands programming, this cries out to be seen.

RT reviewer - David Butcher

VIDEO Plus+: 9772

Subtitled, Widescreen, Audio-described
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline redmen9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: June 1, 2007, 11:20:48 pm »
Bollocks, just stumbled across Spinal Tap on ITV4 and missed the first 20 mins!

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: June 2, 2007, 07:17:23 pm »

BBC2 at 8pm - The Victoria Cross: For Valour

This is a fucking amazing story. In a series chronicling the history of the Victoria Cross, Jeremy Clarkson* recalls the story of Major Robert Cain VC and the incredible bravery he showed at Arnhem in 1944.

Seen this before, it's just staggering what he did.

* Clarkson married Cain's daughter.
« Last Edit: June 2, 2007, 07:20:48 pm by Barney_Rubble »
87:13

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #84 on: June 2, 2007, 08:12:25 pm »

This is a fucking amazing story. In a series chronicling the history of the Victoria Cross, Jeremy Clarkson* recalls the story of Major Robert Cain VC and the incredible bravery he showed at Arnhem in 1944.

Ta Barney I forgot about this so its now getting recorded.  Gotta watch Joseph, I hope that Ben lad gets fucked off tonight (What a fuckin exciting sat'day night for me eh?).
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: June 2, 2007, 08:14:05 pm »
Gotta watch Joseph

I used to respect you...
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #86 on: June 2, 2007, 08:22:50 pm »
I used to respect you...

Went to see it last week at the theatre, the bastard's got me like a moth in the headlights!  I've now got tickets for the Sound of Music on 31 July (night before my final Aussie interview), get a bit of culture!  I'm contemplating getting a multi coloured coat knocked up when I'm in Cyprus next week, you know it makes sense  ;).

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: June 2, 2007, 08:29:03 pm »

Gotta watch Joseph

aiiiiieeeeee :duh :D

It was a one-off prog, seemed to remember it being a series.

And I think it'd be Cain's granddaughter that Clarkson married, not his daughter. :P

And because of Cain's modesty, his daughter never knew he was a VC till after he died, I think.

Offline BSBW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #88 on: June 2, 2007, 08:43:14 pm »

I think I mentioned on here a while ago that I spent two days in Arnhem around the mid eighties driving General Hackett who commanded 4 Para Brigade during Op Market Garden and some other bloke (can't remember his name) who was wounded and taken prisoner at the base of the Arnhem bridge.  It was a recce for a major battlefield tour and it was an awesome one off lifetime experience visiting all the sites and listening to them talking.

Offline rotistgeil

• Unflabbable in the face of lesbian scenes in public park.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #89 on: June 2, 2007, 09:46:28 pm »
Have I got News for you on in 30 mins BBC1

Offline BSBW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #90 on: June 2, 2007, 10:27:03 pm »
Have I got News for you on in 30 mins BBC1

That Moira Stewart would still get it, don't you love it when a posh bird swears?

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: June 3, 2007, 03:10:36 pm »

Arena BBC2 @10.00pm Bob Marley - Exodus 77

The year 1977 was a crucial one in the life of reggae superstar Bob Marley. After an attempt on his life in his home that he was lucky to survive, he was forced to move from Jamaica to London. But despite his exile, it was the album that Marley made in London, his first outside Jamaica, that was to prove the springboard that propelled his music, and his message of Rastafari across the planet, and which Time magazine would vote as the album of the century.

It should probably be in any music lover's top ten anyway.

Followed by Have I Got A Bit More News For You @11.30pm

And then a real classic @12.10 - The Harder They Come

Crime drama starring Jimmy Cliff. A young Jamaican arrives in Kingston to break into the music business, but finds himself drawn into a world of violence and corruption.

Must've had a budget of about 30 quid ;D but still a great film.

« Last Edit: June 3, 2007, 04:59:11 pm by Barney_Rubble »

Offline SPLee

• Kopite
  • last seen in 3ft(13ft) fountain in istanbul
« Reply #92 on: June 3, 2007, 06:15:59 pm »
Arena BBC2 @10.00pm Bob Marley - Exodus 77

The year 1977 was a crucial one in the life of reggae superstar Bob Marley. After an attempt on his life in his home that he was lucky to survive, he was forced to move from Jamaica to London. But despite his exile, it was the album that Marley made in London, his first outside Jamaica, that was to prove the springboard that propelled his music, and his message of Rastafari across the planet, and which Time magazine would vote as the album of the century.

It should probably be in any music lover's top ten anyway.

Followed by Have I Got A Bit More News For You @11.30pm

And then a real classic @12.10 - The Harder They Come

Crime drama starring Jimmy Cliff. A young Jamaican arrives in Kingston to break into the music business, but finds himself drawn into a world of violence and corruption.

Must've had a budget of about 30 quid ;D but still a great film.

A nice little blueberry  ;) and me and bbc 2 fom 10 onwards 2nite then, loved that Ch4 doc on Marley Time will Tell few years back, thanks for the bump :)
@sevvyparklee

Offline Juice Terry

• Anny Roader
  • Got any Gin?
« Reply #93 on: June 8, 2007, 11:59:27 pm »
McCartney on Jools Holland now

Offline Fat Tony

• Run Rosie Run!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2007, 10:22:29 pm »
American History X

Starting on BBC2 in 10 mins.

Amazing film.

Offline Elli

• kelly without the k, and the y replaced with an i
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: June 12, 2007, 06:21:52 pm »
Andrew Marr on Margaret Thatcher

Hopefully not literally

The History of Modern Britain series tonight, BBC2, 9pm - thought it might interest a few on here, sure some will not even remotely want to relive any of it but I'm only just old enough to remember her in power so will give it a look.

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bargin Booze. Making life richer for the pourer.
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2007, 08:54:09 am »
The news is on tonight. BBC1.
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline BIGdavalad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2007, 10:34:46 am »
Trooping the Colour is on now - BBC1

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2007, 07:26:56 pm »
The talented Mr Ripley is on film4 at 9

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2007, 09:47:41 pm »
Layer Cake on Channel 5 at 10. An excellent British gangster movie with a good performance from Daniel Craig and a scene stealing cameo from Michael Gambon.
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline BIGdavalad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2007, 09:59:06 pm »
A Few Good Men, about to start in ITV2.

You can't handle the truth!

Offline BIGdavalad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2007, 02:36:05 pm »
Tora! Tora! Tora! starts on ITV in a couple of minutes. As I said in another thread, 35 years older than Pearl Harbor, 35 times better and the special effects look more realistic.

Offline You'll Never Walk Alone

• Kopite
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys...
« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2007, 11:54:23 am »
Coast tonight. Wales
Quote from: Youll Never Walk Alone on September  2, 2007, 12:38:14 PM
Voronin = Bargain.

Offline Emo Phillips

• Master of his domain. Enjoyed a young girl's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk. Resident of MILF Island.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2007, 04:58:33 pm »
New series of Scrubs tonight on E4 - series 6 in the UK, series 7 will be the last made.
KRAMER: "I'm at 1st and 1st. Wait a minute, how can a street intersect into itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe!"

Offline red morning light

• Kopite
« Reply #104 on: July 8, 2007, 06:39:17 pm »
THE KINGS OF LEON  are on at T IN THE PARK  on BBC3 at 7. not to be missed..........
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #105 on: July 9, 2007, 11:09:37 pm »
Shrink Rap - Stephen Fry

Channel 4 now
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2007, 09:02:22 pm »
Panorama special on Jermaine Pennant BBC1 now
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #107 on: July 12, 2007, 07:39:39 pm »
Neil Diamond in Concert on BBC4 right now. Cheesy.  8)

Offline red morning light

• Kopite
« Reply #108 on: July 12, 2007, 11:45:23 pm »
liverpool vs blackburn 94/95 season  ch442 ESPN Classic 1am
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2007, 09:03:22 pm »
TV3 now 2 hours of the Greatest Ever Screen Chases. Sky3.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2007, 07:13:47 pm »

51st State

Channel 4

10pm

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2007, 07:22:24 pm »
51st State

Channel 4

10pm

Well in, I'm a big Adam Sandler fan.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2007, 09:19:53 pm »
Stephen Fry night on BBC4. MARJORIE!

Offline heighwayheaven

• "normal" and not "important"
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2007, 09:37:44 pm »
Just watched a replay of last Sunday's game between Limerick & Waterford on Setanta.
Richie Says Relax

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2007, 09:39:28 pm »
Just watched a replay of last Sunday's game between Limerick & Waterford on Setanta.

Ah, common mistake. You're looking for the "I've just watched this tonight" thread.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline heighwayheaven

• "normal" and not "important"
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #115 on: August 17, 2007, 09:41:46 pm »
Ah, common mistake. You're looking for the "I've just watched this tonight" thread.
Well I'll post it there as well then. That'll really piss off the lads from Clare. Soon they won't be able to open up a topic without being reminded we (Limerick) are in the All Ireland Hurling Final.
Yea it's true. We are. I still can't fucking believe it.
Richie Says Relax

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2007, 09:43:51 pm »
I still can't fucking believe it.

It's right up there with Istanbul for me.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2007, 11:38:24 pm »
A cock and Bull Story on NOW on BBC1. Not seen it yet. Meant to be good.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2007, 07:11:12 pm »
100 Greatest War Films Ever, More4 +1 now.

Second part of a 2 Part Show.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Redlady

• Fantasy Football Queen
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: September 2, 2007, 11:22:59 am »
'Britain's Favourite View', tonight features Jamie Redknapp visiting Liverpool. ITV1 8pm.

"I look at Liverpool not as city but a country in itself. The people are different, they are very proud and passionate. If they like you they love you, and you are one of them for ever ... I do get that feeling even now when I go back."