Author Topic: FA Cup final 2018: Chelsea vs Manchester United. Saturday 19th May 17:15 ko  (Read 38039 times)

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Don't think I've ever been less enthused about an FA Cup final (Cardiff vs Portsmouth included). Despite the talent on show, they're two dull, defensive sides.

Hope Chelsea win it obviously.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm not bothered who wins this, I can't imagine many neutrals will be bothered.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
 ;D ;D

One thing is for certain..... it's gonna be a spectacle for British football  :lmao

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
Which will be the bigger borefest, this or the wedding.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
I want chelsea to win because United will reach 13 fa cups if they win it and equal Arsenals record. Plus Conte is a good guy.

I think United will win 1-0.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
I hope Chelsea win. The football is going to be bad and the FA Cup asymptotically approaches League Cup levels of irrelevance year on year. The Champions League is the Champions League, the Premier League is the Premier League, and the FA Cup is "one more for the trophy cabinet! :)". Always nice to win though
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My guess is 120 minutes of enthralling, defensive 1-1 football followed by an anti-climactic penalty shootout. A real @boringjamesmilner kind of game. Hope Chelsea win it, I don't mind Conte.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
Equivalent of the 2003 European cup final...

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
Would probably rather watch Rachel from Suits marrying that ginger bloke to be honest. Shite game guaranteed.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
Shit on a stick cup final.

Seriously having the same apathy for this game as the royal wedding.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
Hope Chelsea win it obviously.

Don't think there's anything more to add than this.

Game will be shite and probably decided by a single goal.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
If Chelsea win Giroud will have won 4 FA Cups in the last 5 years. Got to be a record?

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
With this AND the royal wedding, I have never been more happier to be at work. Gonna be a day to forget, just bring on next Saturday when we lift ol Big Ears

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
the last time I watched an FA Cup final was the last time Liverpool where in it :D

I can't see any reason to stop that run! What a turgid match-up.

A dissinterested Conte and his not exactly thrilling at the best of times team vs the double decker bus parkers. 

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
the last time I watched an FA Cup final was the last time Liverpool where in it :D

Same here and i won't be watching this one. However, come on Chelsea.

I might watch the highlights if Chelsea win.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
If Chelsea win Giroud will have won 4 FA Cups in the last 5 years. Got to be a record?

The number or the timescale? Think Ashley Cole has won the most hasn’t he? Won 3 at Arsenal and another 3 (maybe even 4) at Chelsea?

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
The last game at Old Trafford between these two was very open, and pretty good to be honest, despite the wrong team winning!
Not sure why everyone is making assumptions it'll be boring.
That said FA Cup finals aren't usually goal fests so I doubt this will be any different.

Seems to me that shitcoat will prepare his team better than Conte who is a dead man walking.
2-0 to United, though I'd prefer Chelsea to win.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yawn. Not even slightly intrigued about this one. Doubt I'll watch any of it even if I'm free and at home.

Offline Claude Cat

• Sworn Enemy of Pawed Dog!
  • Anny Roader
Hope the Chav scum thrash them.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
Sacrifice watching this match to spend time with the Mrs get in her good books and spend the entirety of next Saturday including the match on the lash I think that's a fair trade.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
Going to be utter garbage but hoping Chelsea don't allow that fraud Mourinho another easy trophy.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
The number or the timescale? Think Ashley Cole has won the most hasn’t he? Won 3 at Arsenal and another 3 (maybe even 4) at Chelsea?
Timescale. Although Cole’s is bloody impressive now I think of it.

02, 03, 05, 07, 09, 10, 12

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
Do red cards in this carry over to next season?
As always in games between these two, a couple a piece would be sound.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
Which will be the bigger borefest, this or the wedding.
Yeah a match between a plastic wannabe and a decadent has-been institution with a sense of entitlement.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
A Manc at the checkout at the supermarket today seeing I had my LFC white training jacket on "are you looking forward to the big event tomorrow then" (obviously meaning the cup final).
Me "nope not watching the wedding at all".

Hope Chelsea win, but won't be watching.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
Ugh.

The worst possible final I can think off. My two most hated clubs and likely to be a turgid pile of crap.

More than likely it will be 0-0 after extra time.
Ideally after 10 pens each its still 0-0 'cos they all miss and then Cortois scores and De Gea misses and Mourinho complains continually until Conte decks him.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Ugh.

The worst possible final I can think off. My two most hated clubs and likely to be a turgid pile of crap.

More than likely it will be 0-0 after extra time.
Ideally after 10 pens each its still 0-0 'cos they all miss and then Cortois scores and De Gea misses and Mourinho complains continually until Conte decks him.

United Vs Everton would be worse, but not by much.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not watching it.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
I'll take Chelsea, only because I don't dislike Conte and because as soon as he's won it he'll fuck them off and add it to his list of accomplishments on his CV.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
Man United to batter Chelsea but lose on penalties ... then I’ll know that we’re destined to win number 6 next week.

But if Chelsea win 1-0 AET I’ll be worried 😉
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 07:08:52 am by Red_Rich »
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm hoping a water main bursts, floods the pitch and the game is cancelled and never played. Usually in a cup final there is one team you would prefer to win, but this time I cannot hope for either to win. Wife is watching it with her sister, her sisters fella is a Liverpool supporter, so at least we can fuck off into the garden and have a drink and leave them to it.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Its going to be incredibly boring particularly if Utd score first. Hate both sides but would prefer to see Chelsea win it because Utd fans heads will fall off if they lose and it will ramp the pressure on Mourinho.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Its going to be incredibly boring particularly if Utd score first. Hate both sides but would prefer to see Chelsea win it because Utd fans heads will fall off if they lose and it will ramp the pressure on Mourinho.

No he's safe there. They honestly think he's fantastic.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Will hope it’s Chelsea  just can’t stand united to win anything

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can they both lose?

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can they both lose?

Unfortunately only the viewing public are certain of this
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Who’ll spend more time rolling around on the ground pretending to be injured, Sanchez or Hazard? Herrera or Fabregas?

I doubt there’ll be one tackle where both parties just get on with the game straight after, one side will always remain on the ground clutching their ankle afterwards. Every tiny bit of contact will be exaggerated. 

The shithouse final.

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
The style of football for 90+ minutes

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
No he's safe there. They honestly think he's fantastic.

I know you’re the self appointed expert on all things Mancunian Andrew but they really don’t. At best some  tolerate him if he’s winning things but they hate the football.