Author Topic: Stevie G v Brendan  (Read 27018 times)

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
Stevie G v Brendan
« on: May 4, 2018, 06:40:53 pm »
Scottish football just got interesting again ;D

All the best Stevie lad.  A Liverpool legend in every sense and taking on a job where if he finishes above 2nd has surely performed a miracle. 
Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
Re: Stevie G v Brendan
« Reply #1 on: May 4, 2018, 06:47:04 pm »
Never thought I would say this again but...

I think I actually give a shit about Scottish Football for next season.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 4, 2018, 06:48:21 pm »
Rangers aren't in a position to be worrying Celtic yet are they. More a case of Gerrard first earning the right to even be in the conversation v Rodgers by putting some distance between Rangers and the rest. With their reported financial situation, that doesn't seem easy.

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 4, 2018, 06:50:24 pm »
Rangers aren't in a position to be worrying Celtic yet are they. More a case of Gerrard first earning the right to even be in the conversation v Rodgers by putting some distance between Rangers and the rest. With their reported financial situation, that doesn't seem easy.

Agreed.  Personally think he's crazy, but he's taking a wedge of LFC coaches with him too.  He must think he can do something there.

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #5 on: May 4, 2018, 07:01:26 pm »
Agreed.  Personally think he's crazy, but he's taking a wedge of LFC coaches with him too.  He must think he can do something there.

If his remit is like Klopp's - to get them back to the top domestically in 4 years - then that is achievable. If it is to beat Celtic next season, that is a much bigger ask. Just depends whether Rangers are thinking short term or long term. When they hired the Portuguese coach last summer, all the talk was of how he could beat Celtic next season. Be interesting to see what Gerrard says - as that will indicate what targets he has been set before taking the job.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: May 4, 2018, 07:04:58 pm »
I like how this is titled Stevie G vs Brendan but they might never manager against eachother haha. Lots of rumours of Brendan joining Arsenal or Chelsea next season and while it might not happen i could also very much see Brendan wanting to be back in the premier league.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 4, 2018, 07:06:03 pm »
Sorry Brendan but i am with Stevie, hope he wins the league!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 4, 2018, 07:08:28 pm »
I like how this is titled Stevie G vs Brendan but they might never manager against eachother haha. Lots of rumours of Brendan joining Arsenal or Chelsea next season and while it might not happen i could also very much see Brendan wanting to be back in the premier league.

I think Rogers said he's staying at Celtic (although these days, that's always no guarantee it'll happen) but I can't imagine fans of either of those clubs being overwhelmed at him being appointed. Don't think Arsenal's board will look at him, Chelsea probably more likely but I can see someone like Allegri being more their choice.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #9 on: May 4, 2018, 07:19:11 pm »
I think Rogers said he's staying at Celtic (although these days, that's always no guarantee it'll happen) but I can't imagine fans of either of those clubs being overwhelmed at him being appointed. Don't think Arsenal's board will look at him, Chelsea probably more likely but I can see someone like Allegri being more their choice.

Given that the other runners seem to be Mikel Arteta, Patrick Vieira, and Buvac (?), if Arsenal fans are upset with Rodgers given how shite their team has been run for the past few years (relative to the talent they have), they'd be fools :D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #10 on: May 4, 2018, 07:24:41 pm »
Given that the other runners seem to be Mikel Arteta, Patrick Vieira, and Buvac (?), if Arsenal fans are upset with Rodgers given how shite their team has been run for the past few years (relative to the talent they have), they'd be fools :D

Agreed. Would love to see Brendan back in the Premier League. He would immediately be, and by a fucking mile, the best British coach in the league. Although I do really like & respect Howe also.

I would like to see him come back and attain success that Southgate, Hodgson, MOyes, Allardyce and the likes could only dream of just to get the journalists and pundits in this country to think that maybe, possibly, coaches with career 30% win rates are not good candidates for sides who want to achieve anything at all. It is fucking mediocre.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 4, 2018, 07:27:50 pm »

I kind of agree, I think he'd do well there (if he were given some time) but I imagine they'd more likely go for someone who the fans would be more agreeable with, given how much pressure the board are under. I'm personally hoping they're looking at a certain former Inter, Liverpool and England manager who has experience of managing clubs with big expectations.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #12 on: May 4, 2018, 07:40:57 pm »
If his remit is like Klopp's - to get them back to the top domestically in 4 years - then that is achievable. If it is to beat Celtic next season, that is a much bigger ask. Just depends whether Rangers are thinking short term or long term. When they hired the Portuguese coach last summer, all the talk was of how he could beat Celtic next season. Be interesting to see what Gerrard says - as that will indicate what targets he has been set before taking the job.

Patience definitely is not amongst the top virtues of Rangers fans and whatever quantities they had of it have pretty much ran out. Consolidating second spot is the first step towards challenging first. Can see Gerrard succeding in achieving that but he'd still have to sell it to the fanbase.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: May 4, 2018, 07:44:00 pm »
As a Liverpool and Aberdeen fan who has a strong dislike of Rangers, I'm feeling very conflicted about all of this!

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #14 on: May 4, 2018, 07:52:56 pm »

I'm sure he'd leave in a flash if a club like Arsenal or Chelsea wanted him, but I doubt that he'd be anywhere near the top of their lists.

As for Stevie G vs Rodgers.   I guess I'll have to be cheering Stevie on :D I can't stand Celtic anyway, not that I am a fan of Rangers or anything, and admittedly I am not going to see any of the games, being as they aren't on tv here anyway!  But I do wish him well, from what I read, it's a really tough job for him, but at least he seems to have assembled a good team with him there, so hopefully it'll go far better than many seem to be expecting.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #15 on: May 4, 2018, 07:56:11 pm »
Celtic are shite and Rangers are even worse, meh.

Couldn't give a flying fuck about this rubbish.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline zamagiure

• tujenkins
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: May 4, 2018, 08:13:42 pm »
Don't care
mines a pint

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 4, 2018, 08:15:05 pm »
I could. Only because it would sort our post-Klopp future rather well if Gerrard proved to be as good a manager as he hopes he is. Not often you get a top class manager who 'fits' a club like a glove -- the ethos of the owners and the ethos of the support -- which Klopp does.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #18 on: May 4, 2018, 08:33:32 pm »
I lost interest in Scottish football because of sectarianism.

I can't stand Celtic fans on twitter claiming to be the origins of every chant in football. They are doing it now with Allez! Allez! Allez!

Sure you are Celtic. Sure you are! ;)

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: May 4, 2018, 08:45:29 pm »
I kind of agree, I think he'd do well there (if he were given some time) but I imagine they'd more likely go for someone who the fans would be more agreeable with, given how much pressure the board are under. I'm personally hoping they're looking at a certain former Inter, Liverpool and England manager who has experience of managing clubs with big expectations.

Benitez has never managed England.

Oh, him.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #20 on: May 4, 2018, 09:02:47 pm »

I can't stand Celtic fans on twitter claiming to be the origins of every chant in football. They are doing it now with Allez! Allez! Allez!

They’re sueing Rodgers & Hammerstein for copyright infringement
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 4, 2018, 09:04:37 pm »

Well, Hammerstein, at least.

They won't want to upset their manager before the Double Treble :D

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 4, 2018, 09:58:50 pm »

I work with a few of them from time to time, and you're right, they've literally created EVERY SINGLE famous football chant/song, greatest fans in the world etc etc, Rangers supporters are vermin, but this lot aren't far behind.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: May 4, 2018, 10:01:51 pm »
Best of luck Stevie!

As a Scot and as a non-supporter of either Old Firm clubs, I'm going to be looking forward to Stevie G and Brendan battling it out. Exciting times!

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #24 on: May 4, 2018, 10:08:42 pm »
Intriguing. Just hope Stevie gets the backing to give him a shot at doing a respectable job. It’s certainly a challenge, fair play to him for backing himself.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: May 4, 2018, 11:06:11 pm »
Rodgers is by far the best british coach. He would run rings around Stevie at the moment. Brendan along with Eddie Howe are the most progressive coaches out of the domestic lot. Also think Chris Hughton is underrated. I also like listening to Craig Bellamy and his views on the game. He is really up to speed on modern european footy and is coaching the kids at Cardiff i believe he could be going places in the next few years. I wouldnt complain if he took over Stevie's job at the u18's. Its funny he works with Warnock at Cardiff and when Bellamy talks about the c*nt reading between the lines you can tell he doesnt respect that direct shithouse style of football. Like Stevie he will probably make the jump into management in the next 6 months.

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: May 4, 2018, 11:22:00 pm »

For YNWA? I thought Harry Kane claims he wrote that?
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #27 on: May 5, 2018, 01:26:28 am »

#TeamGerrard

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: May 5, 2018, 03:00:20 am »
Rodgers is by far the best british coach. He would run rings around Stevie at the moment. Brendan along with Eddie Howe are the most progressive coaches out of the domestic lot. Also think Chris Hughton is underrated. I also like listening to Craig Bellamy and his views on the game. He is really up to speed on modern european footy and is coaching the kids at Cardiff i believe he could be going places in the next few years. I wouldnt complain if he took over Stevie's job at the u18's. Its funny he works with Warnock at Cardiff and when Bellamy talks about the c*nt reading between the lines you can tell he doesnt respect that direct shithouse style of football. Like Stevie he will probably make the jump into management in the next 6 months.

Yep - really impressed with the route Bellamy has taken. If she shows any promise at Cardiff, I'd be happy if he was taken on by the academy.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: May 5, 2018, 08:26:19 am »
Obviously I want Stevie to do well and if that's at the expense of Rodgers then so be it, uphill task mind.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: May 5, 2018, 09:05:06 am »
Agreed. Would love to see Brendan back in the Premier League. He would immediately be, and by a fucking mile, the best British coach in the league. Although I do really like & respect Howe also.

I would like to see him come back and attain success that Southgate, Hodgson, MOyes, Allardyce and the likes could only dream of just to get the journalists and pundits in this country to think that maybe, possibly, coaches with career 30% win rates are not good candidates for sides who want to achieve anything at all. It is fucking mediocre.

Back in the Premier League yes, but i don't see him managing a  big club. I would like to see him at Southampton.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: May 5, 2018, 12:48:59 pm »
Talks of Skrtel being assistant to Gerrard if true.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: May 5, 2018, 01:27:14 pm »
Talks of Skrtel being assistant to Gerrard if true.

He's already appointed Gary Mac as his assistant. Skrtel would suit the SPL as a player though...

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: May 5, 2018, 01:48:12 pm »
He's already appointed Gary Mac as his assistant. Skrtel would suit the SPL as a player though...
Smart appointment imo. Anyone here thinks Stevie will go for Woodburn and Wilson loans?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: May 5, 2018, 01:52:53 pm »
Smart appointment imo. Anyone here thinks Stevie will go for Woodburn and Wilson loans?

I hope not.

They need to either be here or in a more competitive loan enviroment if they are staying with Liverpool.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: May 5, 2018, 01:56:59 pm »
I hope not.

They need to either be here or in a more competitive loan enviroment if they are staying with Liverpool.
I think a year loan at Rangers will help them a lot rather than playing for a relegation side PL team that may not guarantee playing time. I can see Woodson being starter for a few PL teams but Wilson not yet.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: May 5, 2018, 02:00:02 pm »
I don't see the point of sending them to the scottish league though, especially Woodburn. If we have hopes for him to make the breakthrough at this club, I'd think he needs to play in a far better league than that next season.

Not saying no one goes there, but just not the youngsters who seem to have that something about them!

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: May 5, 2018, 02:08:10 pm »
I'd be more thinking Brewster, Camacho, Jones, Lewis etc.. if any.

He's worked with them closely already, they know him and they're probably the level just below ready to be in our first team picture this year.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #38 on: May 5, 2018, 02:40:17 pm »
I don't see the point of sending them to the scottish league though, especially Woodburn. If we have hopes for him to make the breakthrough at this club, I'd think he needs to play in a far better league than that next season.

Not saying no one goes there, but just not the youngsters who seem to have that something about them!
I would say more likely would be someone like Kent. Someone who needs to go somewhere and find confidence in his ability to beat people, create and score goals. There is a player in there, but he has regressed at Freiburg and Bristol. He is a weird player to assess why it is going wrong. Technically, certain has no problems. Physically too. Tactically I really like a lot of the things I see in his game. Which means it must be that forth pillar - mental/psychological. The one that is impossible to assess/value as fans but often means the difference between the arse falling out of a much hyped career or not.

Kent doesn't really need a tough challenge. He's had plenty of those. I think he just needs somewhere to put it all together, tear some sides to pieces, win awards and come back with a little bounce in his step (or get people sniffing around him the way they are Dembele, Patrick Roberts etc)

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: May 5, 2018, 03:16:54 pm »
I would say more likely would be someone like Kent. Someone who needs to go somewhere and find confidence in his ability to beat people, create and score goals. There is a player in there, but he has regressed at Freiburg and Bristol. He is a weird player to assess why it is going wrong. Technically, certain has no problems. Physically too. Tactically I really like a lot of the things I see in his game. Which means it must be that forth pillar - mental/psychological. The one that is impossible to assess/value as fans but often means the difference between the arse falling out of a much hyped career or not.

Kent doesn't really need a tough challenge. He's had plenty of those. I think he just needs somewhere to put it all together, tear some sides to pieces, win awards and come back with a little bounce in his step (or get people sniffing around him the way they are Dembele, Patrick Roberts etc)

similar to jordan ibe ?
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist