Author Topic: WiFi router not showing up on pc  (Read 1114 times)

Online anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
WiFi router not showing up on pc
« on: April 27, 2018, 05:07:22 pm »
Anybody know how i can find my router if it doesnt show on my pc but connects to everything else like tablet/phones etc with no issue

Computer is windows 7 and its a Virgin Media router if that helps

Thanks in advance
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: WiFi router not showing up on pc
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 05:10:57 pm »
Anybody know how i can find my router if it doesnt show on my pc but connects to everything else like tablet/phones etc with no issue

Computer is windows 7 and its a Virgin Media router if that helps

Thanks in advance

Not taking the piss, but is the PC on airplane mode? I accidentally flicked mine onto airplane once and I didn't know how I did it as the switch is on the side.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 06:08:15 pm »
Thanks in advance
do you meen in the hallway... on the window sill ..  :lickin
or... bottom right (internet connection).. right click.. open networking and sharing
or .. open your browser and put 192.168.0.1  into the search bar at the top to enter your router settings
or look here..
https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/200300000001000/article/HELP-2401/Troubleshooting-your-Virgin-Media-Hub
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline NA_

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 07:05:10 pm »
Does your PC actually have a WIFI card? Has it worked before?

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 11:13:05 pm »
Not sure if related but I was at a friend's house yesterday and my laptop simply refused to see the SSID they had on the paperwork provided by Virgin. We needed to get access to something online so she got her son's laptop out and similarly it couldn't see her network despite working before. My phone and hers could but neither laptop. My initial reaction was that she was only broadcasting a 5ghz signal and both laptops were only compatible with 2.4ghz but I wasn't going to go poking around her router's configs so just used an ethernet cable. Maybe Virgin have pushed out an update to certain routers that have disabled the 2.4ghz network? You'd have to connect via cable then log in to the router and have a look.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?