Author Topic: Preseason tour summer 2018 - sponsored by Findus (other products are available)  (Read 355176 times)

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
Re: Preseason tour summer 2018
« Reply #120 on: April 25, 2018, 02:01:17 am »
Got mine right in the middle of the Liverpool Supporters' end, Sec 126.  Prices are outrageous, but, well, you know... it's Liverpool.... ;D
Very outrageous. But still cheaper than flying to England. Thats the only way to take the sting out of it.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2018, 03:15:10 pm »
Thanks for posting the codes.

Just got my tickets for Charlotte. Still loads of seats available.

Will be interesting to see how many first team players will actually be there.

Clearly pretty profitable for the clubs. Hoping for a good day out. Feel like 4PM in late July may make it pretty tough on the players. Seem to remember the game in Charlotte two years ago was later in the day and it was a perfect atmosphere. Just hope it is not a 100F day.

The Baltimore game four years ago was belting hot at 1 in the afternoon and the game was a bit of a wash out.

Offline kaliberbeats

• Main Stander
« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2018, 04:29:16 pm »
What time kick off is Napoli match?

Aviva Stadium, Dublin, Sat 4 Aug 2018, 18:00
I am the bodgers of Fantasy Football

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destination Anfield(postponed)scratch that.Sorted
« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2018, 07:13:11 pm »

The Baltimore game four years ago was belting hot at 1 in the afternoon and the game was a bit of a wash out.

Too right.... the problem as I recall, was that there was a Baltimore Orioles game scheduled for that evening, and the parking lot is shared between Camden Yards (baseball) and M&T Stadium (football).  They couldn't have the LFC-Spurs game going on at the same time as baseball, so they pushed the LFC Friendly to the afternoon.  I grew up in East Coast hot and humid weather, but that was too much...
Not your typical OOT. Do-er of good deeds.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2018, 07:15:11 pm »
Thanks for posting the codes.

Just got my tickets for Charlotte. Still loads of seats available.

Will be interesting to see how many first team players will actually be there.

Clearly pretty profitable for the clubs. Hoping for a good day out. Feel like 4PM in late July may make it pretty tough on the players. Seem to remember the game in Charlotte two years ago was later in the day and it was a perfect atmosphere. Just hope it is not a 100F day.

Too right.... the problem as I recall, was that there was a Baltimore Orioles game scheduled for that evening, and the parking lot is shared between Camden Yards (baseball) and M&T Stadium (football).  They couldn't have the LFC-Spurs game going on at the same time as baseball, so they pushed the LFC Friendly to the afternoon.  I grew up in East Coast hot and humid weather, but that was too much...

The pregame walk up to the stadium was awesome - but even at that point the temps were getting very warm.

At game time it was awful - a couple of folks from my crew were essentially passing out from the combo of booze and heat. :D

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2018, 08:23:28 pm »
What made the match in Baltimore memorable besides the heat was the Comic Con or whatever the hell it was. All those people dressed up as their favorite characters. Couldn't believe the Ninga types dressed in all black head to toe in that heat...
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2018, 02:29:10 am »
What made the match in Baltimore memorable besides the heat was the Comic Con or whatever the hell it was. All those people dressed up as their favorite characters. Couldn't believe the Ninga types dressed in all black head to toe in that heat...

Haha. I had forgotten about that. It was fucking surreal walking around in the harbour area that night. One second you are stepping passed a pissed up pretty happy Liverpool supporter, then a few seconds later you were dodging some really well done fancy dress looking character.

The heat was insane and went to the pre game piss up that was organized by the local fan club. There were some pretty hammered people long before the game and the sun was unrelenting. Pretty cool day overall except for the football.

The only things I remember from the game was Charlie Adams cronking Gareth Bale for little good reason and the local USA ref giving Gerrard a yellow card in what was clearly show boating and one for his ref wank bank.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #127 on: April 27, 2018, 11:25:24 am »
Kop seats for Man City $150 including fees.

Code: LINES
Kill the humourless

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: April 27, 2018, 02:59:23 pm »
Kop seats for Man City $150 including fees.

Code: LINES

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Fuck off....lol.

One of these days everyone should boycott the ICC matches until the prices come down by half..

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #129 on: April 28, 2018, 09:40:50 pm »
What with the world cup there should be quite a few opportunities for the youngsters to get some game time in pre-season. Should be something like this early on although the likes of Moreno, Sturridge and Ings might be looking for a move before pre-season training starts.

Karius
                           Ward
                         Grabara

Trent          Matip          van Dijk          Robertson
Clyne      Masterson        Klavan             Moreno

Wijnaldum
                         Chirivella
            Keita                         Milner
        Woodburn                      Ejaria
           Jones

Wilson                         Kent
             Ojo                         Camacho
                         Sturridge
                            Ings
                         Solanke
                         Brewster

Offline NHRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2018, 12:44:05 am »
Game in Ann Arbor - closest big city is Detroit, but I have no idea about the supporter's group there.

I grew up going to games at the Big House (my Dad was a Michigan alum).  I'd love to try to get the seats we used to have for my (unfortunately Man U supporting) brother and I.  At $116 a pop, not sure we can swing it though.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: April 29, 2018, 05:35:14 pm »
Game in Ann Arbor - closest big city is Detroit, but I have no idea about the supporter's group there.

I grew up going to games at the Big House (my Dad was a Michigan alum).  I'd love to try to get the seats we used to have for my (unfortunately Man U supporting) brother and I.  At $116 a pop, not sure we can swing it though.

We gather at Thomas Magee's Sporting House & Whiskey Bar in Eastern Market. 1408 E Fisher Service Dr, Detroit, MI 48207. Follow us on twitter @lfcinthed and on Facebook in LFC Detroit group.

Offline potatomato33

• Combat Carl
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: April 29, 2018, 08:00:23 pm »

Got tickets to that game in section 43, driving out from NYC.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #133 on: May 2, 2018, 12:25:47 pm »
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Fuck off....lol.

One of these days everyone should boycott the ICC matches until the prices come down by half..
When will that happen?
Kill the humourless

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: May 2, 2018, 01:10:42 pm »
Got tickets last week for Napoli in Dublin on 4 august , flights and hotel booked so should be a great weekend , last pre season friendly before the season starts

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: May 2, 2018, 04:11:50 pm »
When will that happen?

Sadly, imho, it won't.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: May 5, 2018, 02:39:42 pm »
Tickets for #LFC's pre-season friendly with @sscnapoli are now on sale. More information here ➡️ http://lfc.tv/AQef

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #137 on: May 5, 2018, 02:47:27 pm »
Bought tickets to watch them against Dortmund in charlotte. Very excited.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #138 on: May 15, 2018, 05:09:48 pm »
Given the successful season and the world cup it does make me wonder which players we will actually get to see

I can only imagine there will be some players way down the roster playing in a Liverpool shirt in front of 110,000 people in Michigan and 86,000 in Charlotte.

Would be like the absolute boyhood dream to know that you are good but not quite good enough for the first team, but because of pre season in the US and a World Cup year you get selected for some huge venues as the first choice players are busy or resting.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #139 on: May 15, 2018, 05:10:35 pm »
Very outrageous. But still cheaper than flying to England. Thats the only way to take the sting out of it.

at least a flight to England means you watch the first team

but so what, for me its only two hours down the road. Im happy

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: May 29, 2018, 09:12:33 pm »
We're going to be putting out some "non-World Cup 11" in preseason aren't we?

I know we'll also use preseason to try out some youngsters and put a couple of lads in the shop window, but am I right in thinking none of this lot are going to the WC?

---------------Karius

Clyne----Matip----VVD----Robertson

--------------Fabinho

------Gini----------------Keita

Pulisic-------Solanke-------Wilson

;D
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 09:14:30 pm by Goalposts for Jumpers »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #141 on: May 29, 2018, 09:14:47 pm »
Great for us that VVD, Fabinho and Keita are going to get a full preseason together.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: May 29, 2018, 09:21:58 pm »
Any rumours for a local game announced? Wigan, Blackburn ect...
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: May 29, 2018, 09:27:56 pm »

Pretty sure they would have been announced by now if they were going to happen.

Looks like they’ve been binned off on account of us having a much smaller pre season than normal because of the Champions League final and World Cup.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: June 5, 2018, 04:10:31 pm »
Eight Liverpool players will represent seven different nations at this summer's World Cup finals in Russia.

Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino, Jordan Henderson, Dejan Lovren, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Simon Mignolet and Marko Grujic will be among those hoping to fire their nation to glory.

Which means these are the players unlikely to play during the US portion of preseason. Plus any new player bought that will play for his Nation at the WC.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: June 5, 2018, 04:34:01 pm »

LFC's world shouldn't end in Lancashire. The UK's a big place. After Blackburn, there's Reading, Aldershot, Bracknell, you know. Didcott.
« Last Edit: June 5, 2018, 04:36:17 pm by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Jonny-LFC

• Kopite
  • Yorkshire Red
« Reply #146 on: June 6, 2018, 12:29:49 pm »
Liverpool FC's 2018-19 pre-season programme will get under way with four UK friendlies this July.

•Chester FC v Liverpool, Saturday July 7 - 3pm
•Tranmere Rovers v Liverpool, Wednesday July 11 - 7.45pm
•Bury v Liverpool, Saturday July 14 - 7.30pm
•Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool, Thursday July 19 - 7.45pm

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/304069-liverpool-fc-pre-season-friendlies
@JonnYNWA

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: June 6, 2018, 12:38:59 pm »
So no pre-season games at Anfield?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: June 6, 2018, 12:45:43 pm »
So no pre-season games at Anfield?

I'm fairly sure these pre-season fixtures against smaller clubs are almost always played away so they can get some extra funding. After that it's the US games and the one in Dublin.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: June 6, 2018, 12:51:28 pm »
I'm fairly sure these pre-season fixtures against smaller clubs are almost always played away so they can get some extra funding. After that it's the US games and the one in Dublin.

yes you're right.

Also was rumoured we had BMG lined up for Anfield but pulled the plug over the tapping up of Brewster.

Love these smaller UK friendlies and the locations this time around are great.

Hopefully get to at least 3 of them

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #150 on: June 6, 2018, 01:46:27 pm »
Might go to the Tranmere one, but not too bad a line up. Good games to build some confidence in before we go to America
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: June 6, 2018, 02:11:02 pm »
feels like the line-ups wont be that bad at all in these games either given we only have 8 players at the world cup which seems very low indeed. Appreciate it will be 45 minute teams and the squad will be made up of fringe players and youngsters but out of our first choice starting eleven from the end of the season we'll only be missing, TAA, Lovren, Henderson, Mane, Firmino and Salah.

feels like we would have had alot more missing in the past.

looking forward to these already

BURY MATCH

Tickets will be £20 by looks of it (general sale price to bury fans) - we will get the south and west stands at Gigg lane which is at least 4000 tickets

BLACKBURN MATCH

Blackburn tickets are £10 so hopefully ours will be too
« Last Edit: June 6, 2018, 02:46:43 pm by dudleyred »

Online Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: June 6, 2018, 02:50:47 pm »
Bought tickets to watch them against Dortmund in charlotte. Very excited.
Same - I'm flying to USA for our holiday at the start of July, doing something of a city tour down the east coast. I'm in Richmond mid-July so hopping down to Charlotte for this.
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Offline CN23

• Has one so long that he can't hold it himself......yeah right.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #153 on: June 6, 2018, 05:16:32 pm »
I think its a very good schedule...before they go abroad to fulfill their marketing obligations, they use as much time at Melwood as possible. Games within shortest possible driving distances...

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: June 6, 2018, 06:46:54 pm »
Liverpool FC's 2018-19 pre-season programme will get under way with four UK friendlies this July.

•Chester FC v Liverpool, Saturday July 7 - 3pm
•Tranmere Rovers v Liverpool, Wednesday July 11 - 7.45pm
•Bury v Liverpool, Saturday July 14 - 7.30pm
•Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool, Thursday July 19 - 7.45pm

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/304069-liverpool-fc-pre-season-friendlies

Nice one. Might go to watch the Chester game.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #155 on: June 6, 2018, 08:35:59 pm »
feels like the line-ups wont be that bad at all in these games either given we only have 8 players at the world cup which seems very low indeed. Appreciate it will be 45 minute teams and the squad will be made up of fringe players and youngsters but out of our first choice starting eleven from the end of the season we'll only be missing, TAA, Lovren, Henderson, Mane, Firmino and Salah.

feels like we would have had alot more missing in the past.

looking forward to these already

BURY MATCH

Tickets will be £20 by looks of it (general sale price to bury fans) - we will get the south and west stands at Gigg lane which is at least 4000 tickets

BLACKBURN MATCH

Blackburn tickets are £10 so hopefully ours will be too
£20 is a bit steep for a friendly but will likely do Bury and Blackburn anyway, possibly Chester too. Can't make Tranmere.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: June 6, 2018, 08:39:06 pm »
£20 is a bit steep for a friendly but will likely do Bury and Blackburn anyway, possibly Chester too. Can't make Tranmere.

Yet it is but with a capacity of only about 10.5k then can see why they need to make the money

I’ll do Blackburn and bury I expect

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: June 6, 2018, 11:15:15 pm »
It could well be the starting line up minus Lovren and front three in the freindlies.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline andy84

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We're on the march with Jurgen's army
« Reply #158 on: June 7, 2018, 12:52:03 pm »
Looks like the tickets for Reds are already for sale on the Bury website. They're Eventbrite tickets. Take a look at the link below and follow the buy tickets link. It's very odd that this isn't on the the LFC site or even clear on Bury's site?

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/tickets/online-tickets/

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: June 7, 2018, 12:56:29 pm »
Looks like the tickets for Reds are already for sale on the Bury website. They're Eventbrite tickets. Take a look at the link below and follow the buy tickets link. It's very odd that this isn't on the the LFC site or even clear on Bury's site?

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/tickets/online-tickets/

They are on the LFC site - https://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/tickets-availability.