C 3: Betty Blue
15 (7.8%)
C 4: Trendisnotdestiny
14 (7.3%)
C 4: Hazell
17 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: February 1, 2018, 12:41:31 pm

Author Topic: All-time Football Draft - Groups A, B, & C - Matchday 2  (Read 2518 times)

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
All-time Football Draft - Groups A, B, & C - Matchday 2
« on: January 31, 2018, 12:41:31 pm »
Welcome to RAWK's second ever restrictionless all-time football draft (the last one was 7 years ago!). Each drafter was tasked with building a team in their own image by picking their choice of any players to have ever played football.

Please judge the following matches on which team you believe would win in a 90 minute game of football, rather than on individuals -

____________________________________________Group A_________________________________________________________________

Djozer                                       V                                           Xxavi

------------------

vivabobbygraham                                              V                                         Samie & Prof       

_____________________________________________Group B_______________________________________________________________

Kingluis                                            V                                              Lastrador   

------------------

Nick                                                 V                               XabiArt   

___________________________________________________Group C_________________________________________________________

Chakan                                              V                                         Betty Blue   

------------------

Trendisnotdestiny                                       V                                           Hazell

"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: All-time Football Draft - Groups A, B, & C - Matchday 2
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 12:59:59 pm »
It's bloody difficult to choose, most teams are very evenly matched. Though must say that I don't get Trends team with five CB (or 4 + libero). Doing a write up of each team might help with that.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 01:32:24 pm »
It's bloody difficult to choose, most teams are very evenly matched. Though must say that I don't get Trends team with five CB (or 4 + libero). Doing a write up of each team might help with that.

I'd love to see some write-ups as well, mate. We all got a bit lazy with them after far too many drafts on here, but I reckon they should be compulsory from the Quarter finals onwards - even just a couple of lines. And if people want to add them to the discussion thread now then please do. I'll probably throw something together later.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 01:35:46 pm »

Thanks for the shout out Roger. 

When you have the 14th pick in a 20 team draft, you have find a style of play that suits your best players and keep it simple.

Eusebio & Gullit are outstanding in transition, with cleverness all around with God, KDG and Robben on the dribble.  How do we isolate them for success against the world's best defenders?  Well, one way is to stretch the game and rely upon a set of defensive tactics that clog up the middle of the pitch and invite service/flank penetration.   So, I came up with a hardass sweeper in front of the backs (Samuel) to discourage central penetration with Silva playing closely behind or level, and a insanely fast-smart sweeper behind to read displacement patterns from the attack (Tresor).

Old idea, not seen a lot in modern footy...    Sweeper in front (Samuel) and Sweeper behind (Tresor).  Silva tucks in mostly (although the image posted make him look a DM) and but he is CB who provides shape and communication as Cannavaro and Bonucci move east/west towards flanks.

I am sure it will get exposed at the flanks, but I want this as playing this narrow against some teams, in theory --- may allow us to do what we do well --- counter to our Black Panther and God.  No expectations to get forward from the back 5 (except release one occasionally Tresor or push up restarts).

5-3-2  *** seen below - defensive block I call the foundation and then attacking elements; the Roof

Yashin

Tresor

Cannavaro                                   Bonucci

(*tucks in)
                                                   Samuel   T Silva

Robben                       Gullit                       DeBruyne

Eusebio                     Fowler

Our 5 aside games are intense.

Defensive attributes:  Tactical awareness, Tresor's pace, organizational improvisation, and mentality/hardness
            weaknesses:  Narrow formation, pace on the flanks, and defensive leadership question - who is the alpha male in this group

Offensive attributes: Dribbling, lethal passing, tactical technical pace going forward and attacking space (perfect countering team).
                                DeBruyne provides service for many set plays, Eusebio is on penalties, and Gullit a force of nature and our God particle

Offensive weaknesses: Possession in the final third may struggle more than other teams, avoid occupying/duplicating attacking spaces; this team struggles with non-transitional movement and numbers moving forward trying to break down 6-8 defenders; tend to be more direct

Major Tactics:

1.  Absorb Pressure in the center of the park
2.  Define Pocket of pressure where we are going to win the ball
3.  Win ball, find Gullit, KDB, Robben in the transitional crevices or seams
4.  Go to goal - find God & Eusebio
5.  Organize for the next wave of pressure
6.  Occasionally, have Tresor get forward on a break out (defensive corners and free kicks).

*** Don't have arrows to show player/partnership, although each would have a role in using space and defending it.

Team Trend plays two systems interchangeablely except for the duties in 1 vs 1 wide flank defending and overlapping movements and overloads.  Although, we could be stretched out wide, our major tactic is to invite wide play and counter on the other side. 4-1-4-1 or 5-3-2

Hope this helps with my intention.  Also, we play in a narrow bandbox with 100 degree plus weather conditions wearing black and white for our home games :)

At least my theory of how to play will be tested!

YNWA
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 02:43:16 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 04:06:59 pm »
Come on, 10-2? Its gotta be closer than that.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 05:25:19 pm »
Come on, 10-2? Its gotta be closer than that.
Really? Seems about right to me  ;)

My wives are doing great work. Extra gruel rations for them this evening, I'm thinking.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 05:43:17 pm »
Jason Djozell’s front four looks top notch, sorry Xxavi.

Looks like I’m going for Group stage misery. Fuck you all (apart from those who judge these things on post count only).

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 05:52:17 pm »
Thanks for the shout out Roger. 

When you have the 14th pick in a 20 team draft, you have find a style of play that suits your best players and keep it simple.

Eusebio & Gullit are outstanding in transition, with cleverness all around with God, KDG and Robben on the dribble.  How do we isolate them for success against the world's best defenders?  Well, one way is to stretch the game and rely upon a set of defensive tactics that clog up the middle of the pitch and invite service/flank penetration.   So, I came up with a hardass sweeper in front of the backs (Samuel) to discourage central penetration with Silva playing closely behind or level, and a insanely fast-smart sweeper behind to read displacement patterns from the attack (Tresor).

Old idea, not seen a lot in modern footy...    Sweeper in front (Samuel) and Sweeper behind (Tresor).  Silva tucks in mostly (although the image posted make him look a DM) and but he is CB who provides shape and communication as Cannavaro and Bonucci move east/west towards flanks.

I am sure it will get exposed at the flanks, but I want this as playing this narrow against some teams, in theory --- may allow us to do what we do well --- counter to our Black Panther and God.  No expectations to get forward from the back 5 (except release one occasionally Tresor or push up restarts).

5-3-2  *** seen below - defensive block I call the foundation and then attacking elements; the Roof

Yashin

Tresor

Cannavaro                                   Bonucci

(*tucks in)
                                                   Samuel   T Silva

Robben                       Gullit                       DeBruyne

Eusebio                     Fowler

Our 5 aside games are intense.

Defensive attributes:  Tactical awareness, Tresor's pace, organizational improvisation, and mentality/hardness
            weaknesses:  Narrow formation, pace on the flanks, and defensive leadership question - who is the alpha male in this group

Offensive attributes: Dribbling, lethal passing, tactical technical pace going forward and attacking space (perfect countering team).
                                DeBruyne provides service for many set plays, Eusebio is on penalties, and Gullit a force of nature and our God particle

Offensive weaknesses: Possession in the final third may struggle more than other teams, avoid occupying/duplicating attacking spaces; this team struggles with non-transitional movement and numbers moving forward trying to break down 6-8 defenders; tend to be more direct

Major Tactics:

1.  Absorb Pressure in the center of the park
2.  Define Pocket of pressure where we are going to win the ball
3.  Win ball, find Gullit, KDB, Robben in the transitional crevices or seams
4.  Go to goal - find God & Eusebio
5.  Organize for the next wave of pressure
6.  Occasionally, have Tresor get forward on a break out (defensive corners and free kicks).

*** Don't have arrows to show player/partnership, although each would have a role in using space and defending it.

Team Trend plays two systems interchangeablely except for the duties in 1 vs 1 wide flank defending and overlapping movements and overloads.  Although, we could be stretched out wide, our major tactic is to invite wide play and counter on the other side. 4-1-4-1 or 5-3-2

Hope this helps with my intention.  Also, we play in a narrow bandbox with 100 degree plus weather conditions wearing black and white for our home games :)

At least my theory of how to play will be tested!

YNWA

Go out there lads and put yourselves about.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 06:04:01 pm »
Go out there lads and put yourselves about.

:) Makes a hill of beans difference ---- was leading until I posted this (not by much mind you).

Cheers Hazell!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 06:20:41 pm »
Feed the front 5 and they will score....

7-4 wins every week for team Prof and Samie  8)

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 06:29:56 pm »
Jason Djozell’s front four looks top notch, sorry Xxavi.

Looks like I’m going for Group stage misery. Fuck you all (apart from those who judge these things on post count only).
My front 4 containing Messi, Charlton, Suarez and Kubala?
16-2 is harsh.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 07:28:00 pm »
My front 4 containing Messi, Charlton, Suarez and Kubala?
16-2 is harsh.

The Manc effect I’m afraid Xxavi. You’ll learn for future drafts!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 07:49:22 pm »
:) Makes a hill of beans difference ---- was leading until I posted this (not by much mind you).

Cheers Hazell!

Sorry :P Think you deserve to win just for that impressive write up!
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 10:31:36 pm »
Devastated at losing first game. Can't comprehend. That's football. Playing better in the second game as the team beds in. Found the other groups particularly difficult. These groups were pretty straightforward today as opposed to yesterday
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2018, 10:57:51 pm »
Keep it up, wives.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2018, 11:08:40 pm »
Voted for you in this one VivaBobbyGraham     8)

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2018, 11:10:26 pm »

You were allowed to vote in every game Paul. It’s why I went with Mirandinha up top.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2018, 11:36:18 pm »

Got any geordie mates. Paul?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2018, 11:57:19 pm »
Bobby you're only beating Me and Prof is because we're not taken seriously in drafts.  ;D

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #19 on: February 1, 2018, 12:50:11 am »
Bobby you're only beating Me and Prof is because we're not taken seriously in drafts.  ;D
That’s a lie we take Prof very seriously.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 1, 2018, 01:17:40 am »

Mate, you need to beat xavvi for me so get your head up  :)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: February 1, 2018, 02:55:45 am »
Bobby my team is Brazil cira 82, sexy , hot football but some puny, hairy uglies will get the better of us.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #22 on: February 1, 2018, 12:45:40 pm »

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 1, 2018, 12:47:24 pm »

That was a tough game to call. Had to think it over for a couple of seconds  ;D