Author Topic: 2018 Formula 1 Thread  (Read 203758 times)

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
Re: 2018 Formula 1 Thread
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2018, 01:46:06 pm »
no bother

are channel 4 not using the chain?

Honestly haven`t watched any F1 on channel 4 because it is highlights - now that you have said they use the chain, I will deffo have a look next season, at their opening titles at least !
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #121 on: February 21, 2018, 01:53:53 pm »
They are indeed still using the Chain

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/W72GZx7Ufxk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/W72GZx7Ufxk</a>

But apart from the intro music (that Just Drive track SKY use just isn't growing on me at all) SKY has dominated with their quality of coverage in every way.

Channel 4 can tailor their coverage a lot better and get better interviews due to their contacts in Eddie Jordon and David Couthard. But you just cant beat the team that shows every single practice, quali and race. I like Croft/Brundle partnership in commentary and as much as Ted Kravitz is an unbelievable F1 nerd/fanboy I like the fun he has with his notebook
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 01:59:26 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2018, 02:01:17 pm »
They are indeed still using the Chain

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/W72GZx7Ufxk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/W72GZx7Ufxk</a>

But apart from the intro music (that Just Drive track SKY use just isn't growing on me at all) SKY has dominated with their quality of coverage in every way.

Channel 4 can tailor their coverage a lot better and get better interviews due to their contacts in Eddie Jordon and David Couthard. But you just cant beat the team that shows every single practice, quali and race. I like Croft/Brundle partnership in commentary and as much as Ted Kravitz is an unbelievable F1 nerd/fanboy I like the fun he has with his notebook

Agreed. As much as a detest sky (their owners, what they represent etc) I do, for my sins, pay for it and do enjoy their coverage which is pretty good. Still, nothing beats F1 on the BBC but that is a nostalgic view more than anything. Will watch some channel 4 this season though
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2018, 02:33:03 pm »
skys f1 coverage is indeed brilliant
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2018, 03:21:00 pm »
It’s brilliant, but Croft is shite. Even as an armchair F1 fan, I’ll listen to him ask Brundle something like, “Do you think team/driver XYZ should try ABC” and you just think what the fuck are you talking about? Brundle is incredibly patient the amount of shit that Croft asks him.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: February 21, 2018, 03:37:19 pm »
Georgie Thompson lasted only a year too on that

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #126 on: February 21, 2018, 07:04:01 pm »
Natalie Pinkham was always been the best thing about the Sky coverage  :lickin
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: February 21, 2018, 09:15:40 pm »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #128 on: February 21, 2018, 09:25:21 pm »
Has it broken down yet?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2018, 08:50:10 am »
Big day today.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2018, 08:51:54 am »
Big day today.
i shouldnt be excited but i am

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2018, 08:55:34 am »
Always excited to see the new Ferrari

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2018, 08:56:26 am »
Always excited to see the new Ferrari
yep, i have thought of making a bucket list

that was always going first on it (to drive a ferrari)

i get to do it this year too

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2018, 08:56:37 am »
i shouldnt be excited but i am

Yep. I think Ferrari will have gone to be a little more like the merc of last year and merc a little more like the ferrari. Will be very interesting.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2018, 08:57:35 am »
Yep. I think Ferrari will have gone to be a little more like the merc of last year and merc a little more like the ferrari. Will be very interesting.
a nice bloody crimson red i hope.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2018, 09:41:45 am »
Mercedes at 12:10 with some sneak peaks before then as it will be on track this morning
Ferrari at 14:00

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2018, 10:37:19 am »
Mercedes at 12:10 with some sneak peaks before then as it will be on track this morning
Ferrari at 14:00
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2018, 11:30:21 am »
Still very little take on it...  ?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2018, 11:54:11 am »
Still very little take on it...  ?

It's a bit like the Ferraris in the 2000s isn't it? Nobody can make a comment on it until representative times come in, because we trust that the team just know what they're doing.

Unfortunately, back then we could get representative times straight away because teams were allowed to drive their cars before Australia Qualifying.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: February 22, 2018, 12:00:21 pm »
wonder will adamski show up in this thread?

his insights were excellent

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: February 22, 2018, 12:08:45 pm »
Want to know if Mercedes have gone for the shorter wheel base. Anyone found any info yet?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: February 22, 2018, 12:19:55 pm »

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: February 22, 2018, 12:22:39 pm »
I miss the way world champions had the number 1

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2018, 12:35:35 pm »
I miss the way world champions had the number 1

As soon as drivers were able to make their number part of their brand the number 1 means nothing

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #144 on: February 22, 2018, 01:06:25 pm »
As soon as drivers were able to make their number part of their brand the number 1 means nothing

Shame though isn`t it. Like footballers today with all sorts of bizarre numbers. Always preferred 1 to 11 and knowing what a number 3 was, where number 8 would most likely play etc etc.

Really looking forward to the full pictures of the Merc. Those snippets from the drive this morning seem to give the impression the halo hasn`t been incorporated with smooth lines like the sauber and red bull but I suspect it is because we haven`t seen the proper fancy pics yet. Christ, with photos these days I could look good (....coughs and the realises that is unlikely whatever the tech people could do)

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: February 22, 2018, 02:17:41 pm »
Ferrari have a longer wheel base than last year

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: February 22, 2018, 02:28:10 pm »
Ferrari have a longer wheel base than last year

Could be a gamble that. They now could be losing their advantage over the Mercedes on certain tracks. Faster overall yes. But now they are taking the Mercedes head on.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: February 22, 2018, 02:45:02 pm »
Could be a gamble that. They now could be losing their advantage over the Mercedes on certain tracks. Faster overall yes. But now they are taking the Mercedes head on.
brave move

there cant be much in it engine wise either

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2018, 02:52:33 pm »
say hello to the prancing horse

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: February 22, 2018, 02:56:24 pm »

Interesting sidepods there.

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #150 on: February 22, 2018, 02:57:44 pm »

It's no sauber (i really have fallen in love with those pictures haven`t I. I think it was the alfa romeo livery on the back that has done it)

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: February 22, 2018, 03:14:29 pm »
It's no sauber (i really have fallen in love with those pictures haven`t I. I think it was the alfa romeo livery on the back that has done it)
sauber still have the best one

the view of the rear of the ferrari isnt great, its on f1 site. its really slim

i saw a rumour on twitter the cover on the mclaren was pulled back slightly and its an orange livery.

only force india and mclaren to come now i think

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 22, 2018, 03:19:15 pm »
Interesting halo from Ferrari. Looks like it has a slight wing incorporated. Also the mirrors have wings

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #153 on: February 22, 2018, 03:38:11 pm »
Those barge boards are insane.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: February 22, 2018, 03:55:24 pm »
Those barge boards are insane.
see who copies it now

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #155 on: February 22, 2018, 03:55:46 pm »
Interesting halo from Ferrari. Looks like it has a slight wing incorporated. Also the mirrors have wings

I think a few of them have the lip/wing incorporated on the halo. It's interesting to see the different teams approaches to the halo and how it is incorporated.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: February 22, 2018, 03:56:54 pm »
I think a few of them have the lip/wing incorporated on the halo. It's interesting to see the different teams approaches to the halo and how it is incorporated.

Wonder if we see all teams having one before Australia. Surprised Mercs one looks like they haven't done much to it at all.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: February 22, 2018, 04:05:28 pm »
do they?

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #158 on: February 22, 2018, 04:05:49 pm »
Wonder if we see all teams having one before Australia. Surprised Mercs one looks like they haven't done much to it at all.

I think they will all be pouring over each others pictures to see the different takes on the challenge of the halo and I suspect you are right - if teams without this lip take a look and think that it is actually that little bit better then there will be quick tweaks to their own cars. Agree on the Mercs as well - doesn`t look like they have done much with the halo but we all know that won`t be the case with the aero testing that will have gone on over the winter.

We are well and truly in the countdown now aren`t we. Won`t be long until testing and we can actually see some cars out on a track properly.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: February 22, 2018, 04:20:18 pm »
I think they will all be pouring over each others pictures to see the different takes on the challenge of the halo and I suspect you are right - if teams without this lip take a look and think that it is actually that little bit better then there will be quick tweaks to their own cars. Agree on the Mercs as well - doesn`t look like they have done much with the halo but we all know that won`t be the case with the aero testing that will have gone on over the winter.

We are well and truly in the countdown now aren`t we. Won`t be long until testing and we can actually see some cars out on a track properly.
Yep. Additionally James Alisson has said they have same length wheelbase as last year.

The same report also says they have a little more rake.

Wonder which areas they have the weight savings. As i thought to have more rake you needed a shorter wheelbase to save on weight?