Author Topic: Liverpool 1 v Everton 1 (Salah 42’)  (Read 90591 times)

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Re: Liverpool 1 v Everton 1 (Salah 42’)
« Reply #2080 on: December 12, 2017, 04:57:26 am »
Beating bloody Everton should not be the highlight or the top priority of this football club. What everyone expected was another drubbing as we've done that in the past and we've been in good form, but it's a derby, things DON'T ALWAYS GO YOUR WAY. And they've been going our way for the last 3 derbies [two wins at Anfield, 1 win at Goodison], prior to that we drew them in every single match after we trashed them in 13/14.

We got a fucking champions league knockout fixture for the first time since 2009, and I've seen a handful people comment on it. It's what we're trying to get back to, get back to where we belong and that's at the top of European football. People took it for granted when Benitez was in charge, look how long it's taken to get back to even the bloody round of 16.

No matter how good we are, no matter how good we play, going into the derby I always expect the unexpected. I'm bitterly disappointed, but it's gone, it is what it is, but this nonsense of how Klopp disrespected Everton, and the derby is a load of absolute crap. Look at the fixtures, look at what's coming up, look at what we are trying to accomplish.

That's not to say that you should feel disappointed that we didn't win a match that was the most one sided derby in years [more one sided than the derbies we've trashed them ironically enough] but fucking move on. We still play them 2 more times, it's not as if we lost [god forbid we lose to them at some point, some of you would selfcombust completely].

Have some perspective for fucks sake.
:wellin

Personally, I think that's the thread.

WBA tomorrow.

:wave

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #2081 on: December 13, 2017, 09:41:54 am »
I accepted the decision yesterday and was fairly calm about as nothing could change the result. TODAY however I have been totally riled by so called pundits, journalists and most of all fans across the board and especially our own who think that it was a penalty despite having the benefit of the replant. CL does run towards the ball but plays the man by jumping into Lovren. Heck, he even falls ahead of the ball. Loren doesn't change his line towards the ball. If you cannot see that and agree that it is dive and concede that Lovren had no chance whatsoever - then one of us have no idea of how the game is played. Deplorable decision. Ref got conned and CL should be called up for deceiving the ref. With the general consensus to the contrary I won't be holding my breath.

100% with you Nico. You've called it spot on.

Niasse was retrospectively banned for an instinctive penalty seeking diving reaction to a challenge. Once Rooney lofted that nigh perfect  ball, the innocent looking fresh faced Calvin Lewin [or whatever the fuck he's called] set out  with one express intention which was to engineer a penalty in the manner he's quite clearly been relentlessly coached to do so. It's a very sinister coaching development in forward play and has clearly deceived every so called expert pundit and football commentator such that only a surprisingly small percentage of reds fans and kloppie himself have seen it for what it actually was.

I was like you. at the match and watching it back on the box i had the view that Lovren had given the ref a decision to make which could have gone either way. it wasn't until I saw Kloppie's utter frustration that i studied it closely and realised Kloppie was 100% justified in his frustration. It was a close to genius manouevre by Calvin Lewin but nevertheless a premeditated manouevre solely to win a penalty by deceit. Lovren had no culpability. He was merely the wall that Calvin lewin used to bounce off and make it look like a pen. 

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2082 on: December 13, 2017, 10:00:55 am »
Everton fans reactions to winning a corner & previous examples at Anfield like when Gerrard got sent off - think they'd combust in the extremely unlikely event they actually won something.

In fairness to the blue shite fans, the corner celebration was an ironic one. 

If we weren't in a such a precarious position at the time I would have laughed.

Online wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #2083 on: December 13, 2017, 10:02:23 am »
Correct. To be as concise as possible, C-L instigates the contact, not Lovren. We cannot have the situation where attackers are able to instigate contact with a defender and claim a penalty. I actually don't blame the referee in this case, but I am really frustrated that the FA aren't looking at this and I'm really concerned at the reaction of most pundits.  It's so clear, it's unbelievable.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2084 on: December 13, 2017, 10:05:57 am »
I don't know how to embed videos on here (if someone could help that would be great) and I still don't think it was a penalty but, seriously, to claim Lovren has "no culpability" is complete nonsense. This is similar to the referee's view:

https://twitter.com/Tony_Scott11/status/939944433713405958

As I said, Calvert-Lewin feels that contact and he goes down on it. He backs into Lovren as all good strikers should do, but the reason he falls over is because Lovren decides to shove his hand into his back (and therefore he knows his chance of being awarded a penalty has increased tenfold), not because they simply came together.

To claim Lovren has simply 'touched' Calvert-Lewin as Funky Gibbons and others are doing is incorrect. His hand starts near the bottom of C-L's number 2 and moves up towards the top of his number 9, and you see C-L's shirt move. I don't think it was enough for a penalty, and I do think C-L has ultimately dived, but you can see why the referee gave it at the time. Stupidity from Lovren.

Move on.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 10:08:43 am by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #2085 on: December 13, 2017, 10:13:35 am »
Why even be arsed with this game today? There's a new game coming up.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline WisconsinRed

• Special: but only in his very own.....special.....way!
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2086 on: December 13, 2017, 10:19:06 am »
Still gutted over this result. I can't wait for the 6th of Jan to play them again as beating them is the only way I'll forget about this.

Everything else in between just seems insignificant.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #2087 on: December 13, 2017, 10:19:14 am »
Why even be arsed with this game today? There's a new game coming up.

Cos this thread's open while the Bitters thread in the General is still locked maybe?

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2088 on: December 13, 2017, 10:29:37 am »
100% with you Nico. You've called it spot on.

Niasse was retrospectively banned for an instinctive penalty seeking diving reaction to a challenge. Once Rooney lofted that nigh perfect  ball, the innocent looking fresh faced Calvin Lewin [or whatever the fuck he's called] set out  with one express intention which was to engineer a penalty in the manner he's quite clearly been relentlessly coached to do so. It's a very sinister coaching development in forward play and has clearly deceived every so called expert pundit and football commentator such that only a surprisingly small percentage of reds fans and kloppie himself have seen it for what it actually was.

I was like you. at the match and watching it back on the box i had the view that Lovren had given the ref a decision to make which could have gone either way. it wasn't until I saw Kloppie's utter frustration that i studied it closely and realised Kloppie was 100% justified in his frustration. It was a close to genius manouevre by Calvin Lewin but nevertheless a premeditated manouevre solely to win a penalty by deceit. Lovren had no culpability. He was merely the wall that Calvin lewin used to bounce off and make it look like a pen. 

Thank god the West Brom game is upon us. I might finally stop brooding on the cheating of the Everton kid and the incompetence of the ref. It's been a tough one to digest, not least because some Reds, through their dislike of Lovren as a footballer or disapproval of Klopp's strategic decisions, have actually gone out of their way to mitigate the offence or even excuse it altogether. I expect that from football pundits. They seem professionally obliged to talk nonsense and almost to a man enjoy bringing down sophisticated coaches, especially if they're non-British or non-Irish. All the better if you can point to a lumpen figure like 'Big Sam' as the executioner. But it's been galling to see Liverpool supporters - "the most educated in the land" - jumping on this bandwagon.

Let me ask you though Timbo? Do you really think the Everton lad was "coached" to fall like this? Clearly many footballers have in recent years developed quite sophisticated diving techniques, although constant repetition on the pitch can persuade even the dimmest pundit to eventually spot the cheat. (I'm thinking Ashley Young's 'swallow dive' which these days seems to come with its own yellow card). But I've always thought, up till now, that managers stayed clear of this.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2089 on: December 13, 2017, 10:39:34 am »
Agree with both of you, Timbo and Yorky. At first I thought it was a penalty, and from the refs view it's understandable as it all happens quickly, but on the replays it clearly shows that Lovren is actually jumped into. It's crazy to claim anything else, and I simply do not understand how he can be blamed for it.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #2090 on: December 13, 2017, 10:42:35 am »
Cos this thread's open while the Bitters thread in the General is still locked maybe?

All I'm saying is shift focus. It's gone. An important 3 points up for grabs tonight.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2091 on: December 13, 2017, 10:47:02 am »

Offline _Redman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2092 on: December 13, 2017, 10:47:50 am »
just putting this on here (repost):

I really don't understand why our fans can't accept that rotation is necessary. We have a game every 3 days or so.

When the team was announced Sunday, I was surprised, but thought he had decided to rotate for this game - thats his job, to make those decisions.
Journalists accused him of not realising how important the Derby was along with a number of our fans, who equally protested when Salah was withdrawn. I didnt see anyone say, "is he injured" or "hope he is not injured". All these protests were of course with hindsight.

Its clear now that Salah was removed to prevent a potential injury and that Phil and Bobby were rested as a precaution based on "a little information".

Those questioning the selection of Solanke, should also note that Sturridge pulled out with a tight hamstring.

I am not saying he gets everything right with selections or substitutions but we have to give him some slack that he is doing it for a reason, even if it is just rotation to keep players fresh. He is so aware of what happened last january.

I expect Salah to be rotated in the coming games too, but thats what we have a squad for. If the point is that the squad isn't good enough then thats a different question, but its better than it has been for a number of years.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2093 on: December 13, 2017, 10:48:13 am »
Agree with both of you, Timbo and Yorky. At first I thought it was a penalty, and from the refs view it's understandable as it all happens quickly, but on the replays it clearly shows that Lovren is actually jumped into. It's crazy to claim anything else, and I simply do not understand how he can be blamed for it.

He is. But the contact between the players' hips as a result of Calvert-Lewin's 'clever' little bounce to the right is not why the penalty is (wrongly) given. It's given because Lovren decides to push his hand upwards into Calvert-Lewin's back. If he doesn't do so, or doesn't do so as aggressively, a penalty almost certainly wouldn't have been given. (I say almost because, well, Brighton. That really was a simple touch by Henderson.)

Defenders are on a hiding to nothing, they really are, but they need to be street-smart as a result and Lovren wasn't there.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #2094 on: December 13, 2017, 10:49:58 am »
Fixed. The other thread is back open. Let's look ahead now.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=337556.msg15749088#new