Author Topic: History of Garston football.  (Read 1607 times)

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
History of Garston football.
« on: September 7, 2017, 02:10:00 pm »
Garston historical society are giving a talk on the above subject. Friday 8th September at 7.30 p.m at Island road Methodist church. £3 admission with a brew included.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: History of Garston football.
« Reply #1 on: September 7, 2017, 03:29:31 pm »
You actually from Garston mate?

Really sorry to hijack your thread but been looking for a long lost Navy pal for some time.  He's from Garston and used to drink in the Rose & Crown ( i may be wrong about the pub name)

He's probably about my age mid to late 40's and I cant find him on social media or anything.   Hate to fear the worst as I've located nearly all my other old shipmates.

His name is David (Dave) Whalley or Whaley. Pronounced (Whale-ee).  Joined the Royal Navy in 1991

If you could mention his name to any Garston mates I would be eternally grateful.

ta :wave

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2 on: September 7, 2017, 08:01:33 pm »
Garston here Pete....will ask around, but there's no Rose & Crown boozer in Garston.....Rose of Mossley on Rose Lane but none here
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 7, 2017, 11:57:01 pm »
You actually from Garston mate?

Really sorry to hijack your thread but been looking for a long lost Navy pal for some time.  He's from Garston and used to drink in the Rose & Crown ( i may be wrong about the pub name)

He's probably about my age mid to late 40's and I cant find him on social media or anything.   Hate to fear the worst as I've located nearly all my other old shipmates.

His name is David (Dave) Whalley or Whaley. Pronounced (Whale-ee).  Joined the Royal Navy in 1991

If you could mention his name to any Garston mates I would be eternally grateful.

ta :wave
No probs. Will ask around. Defo no Rose and Crown in Garston though as Pistolero said.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 8, 2017, 10:51:17 am »
Thanks lads. Not sure where I got Rose and Crown from.

Anyhow, appreciate your help :)

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan