Author Topic: You are receiving this warning as a result of either derailing a thread  (Read 2008 times)

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
How is this a legitimate warning.. I was welcoming a debate and passing opinion on an article/blog?

I wasn't offensive or abusive in anyway? bizarre.

edit: "derailing a thread".. by discussing the said article? this makes no sense at all,whoever issued the warning i'd love to know how I was derailing the thread, thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 09:35:21 pm by ggcc14 »
IŽll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
You attract more Reports to Moderator than any other poster mate. Someone starts a thread asking a question and it wasn't a coincidence you appeared throughout it and it was being reported.

Sometimes its better to self moderate and not be determined have a say on just about everything on here  :wave

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
Says more about the people who report me than my posts mate, aload of crazed 40-somethings convinced i'm a Manc.

But the particular thread in question was this one by Something Stingy regarding his blog.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=336402.0

My posts were all about the article and debating the content, as you can see by the posts which have been quoted. Just abit baffling that's all, certainly in no way was I derailing the thread but no harm done.
IŽll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline perspectiveplease

• getsomethenstopwastingourbandwidth!
  • Anny Roader
You attract more Reports to Moderator than any other poster mate. Someone starts a thread asking a question and it wasn't a coincidence you appeared throughout it and it was being reported.

Sometimes its better to self moderate and not be determined have a say on just about everything on here  :wave

Shouldn't the aim to be to encourage debate, and not stifle it because he happens to have a contrary opinion? All it will result in is an echo chamber.

# of reports != quality reports. If people are misusing the reports to silence a dissenting opinion, shouldn't they be punished as opposed to him?

Judging by what the poster says and from his remaining quoted posts in the thread, he was replying on topic. Of course there may be more deleted posts, but judging by your suggestion that he not "have a say on just about everything", it suggests he's being punished for having contrary views and not derailing. Derailing = taking a thread off topic. It looks like he was fine?

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
An argument is not the same as a good debate. Certain posters are high maintenance. If the moderating team feel that their contributions do not outweigh the grief that they cause, they get warned. Put simply, if someone is incapable of self moderating sufficiently that they are not a huge pain in the arse, we will eventually lose patience.

Judging by what remains in the topic is not goin to give you a complete history. The juicy bits always end up in the recycle bin.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Shouldn't the aim to be to encourage debate, and not stifle it because he happens to have a contrary opinion?
You don't know about the poster in question mate and
Certain posters are high maintenance.
Nonetheless, RAWK has been extremely healthy for a debate on many subjects lately.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Would be real interested to see how many of the reports for ggcc14 centre around people thinking he's a Manc.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Would be real interested to see how many of the reports for ggcc14 centre around people thinking he's a Manc.
According to him they are all "crazed 40-somethings" so that's me in the clear on 2 counts.

I'm 37 and I'm not crazy    :)