Author Topic: Leaked Ep6 only GoT discussion for the paranoid and the weak - SPOILER ALERT  (Read 16541 times)

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That was amazing...loved the character moments between those north of the wall, Jorah foregoing the sword, the Hound being funny as fuck...

The Night King is a bastard!
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
One question but where did the White walkers get the giant chains from?
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...

Remember the wildling army that attacked the wall had mammoths in it? Perhaps they used the chains to restrain them.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

As ShanklyGates says - plus they may well have been bringing them along anyway to use on The Wall / in the fight to get past The Wall

I didn't have any problems with the skewed/accelerated timelines in the previous episodes like many others (the only things I objected to was the quickly thrown together KL expedition in the last episode and the fact that the whole "bring the zombie back to Cersei" plan is a bit stupid), but in this one it did completely distract me from the action. The magnificent seven were stuck surrounded on a rock in frigid weather, with no food, water or fire, with the whole army of the dead just staring at them for no particular reason. From that position, there was enough time for Gendry to run back to Eastwatch, send a raven (as in an actual bird) all the way down to Dragonstone and then wait for Dany to fly back all the way up beyond the wall to the rescue. Seriously? How long were they on that rock staring at the wights, three fucking days? Ludicrous.

Some great set pieces and visuals, mind, but for the first time this season I really got the feeling of a clunky, disjointed episode, story wise.

As Sam points out in episode 5 to the Maesters - they are respected and trusted, if they sent ravens to every Lord in the land to send me north to fight the Night King people would go. So it's not just Cersei they'll be showing the capture wight to - once word gets out - and previous skeptical/unbelieving people see it, word will spread - and help in the fight...

Re the time on the ice rock... 2 days they spent there (with an injured Thoros dying in the night), with Jorah mentioning they are out of water, the ice will freeze and so will they - so the Night King doesn't have to do much at all but wait and not risk any (or many) of his men... though likely hadn't much clue that help was on it's way...

Gendry was the youngest, fittest and likely quickest - and reached Eastwatch as the night drew in. Ravens and dragons apparently cover the ground quite quickly - and also have the advantage of travelling 'as the crow flies', as it were. Dany may well have rode those dragons extra hard to get there as quick as she could too - not just for the mission - but also her feelings for Jon too ;)

(as we saw in episode 4 with Drogon flying low over the river to burn some Lannisters - they move very swiftly...)

Littlefinger had a better teleporter to move around Westeros so quickly in the early seasons though :)

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 01:38:50 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Leaked Game of Thrones discussion for the paranoid and the weak
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2017, 01:31:33 am »
Not me,if they are stupid enough to enter then they deserve to see spoilers like THE NIGHT KING HAS A FUCKING DRAGON !!!!!! A DRAGON I TELLS YA
:lmao
choose Life.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan

*SNIP *

Some great set pieces and visuals, mind, but for the first time this season I really got the feeling of a clunky, disjointed episode, story wise.

I agree, I like the idea of dragons being north of the wall but the teleporting ravens was really a teleport too far for me.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
I agree, I like the idea of dragons being north of the wall but the teleporting ravens was really a teleport too far for me.

Yeah I checked and apparently Westeros is supposed to be the size of South America, making it around 4400 miles from north to south. Ravens can travel at around 30mph which means it would take one 3 days of constant flight to make it to Dragonstone as it's about halfway down.

I suppose in a world of white walkers, dragons, and children of the forest it's possible that their ravens are a bit quick though.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
It's just shitty lazy writing, there were plenty of other ways to get Dany and her dragons over the wall.

Anyway, hope the night king gets the job done and wipes them all out.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2017, 02:28:14 am »
Yeah because the thread title is just Soooooooooooooooooooooo ambiguous.......

The Night King has a Dragon but it's not Drogon

Viserion, I believe.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:32:27 am by cornishscouser92 »
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
I did think this.
Had a PS2 controller handy and used the cheats Up, left, down, right, up..

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2017, 02:31:57 am »
Spoiler
Seems so, it looks like the theory of the three riders has been put to bed too, and I have to say I like the idea of Tyrion being a real Lannister and not part of some Targaryen prophecy.
[close]

I think it's confirmed the three riders. "Fans believe Viserion is most likely to die because his namesake, Viserys, was the most evil of all of the dragon namesakes — who are all also dead. Rhaegal is named for Jon Snow's dad / Dany's brother Rhaegar, and Drogon is named for Khal Drogo"

I reckon Snow rides Rhaegal
Dany's on Drogon
Night King on Viserion

Offline Craigeth

• Legacy Fan
  • Ninety six Friends, we all shall miss YNWA
Spoiler
I can't believe nobody has mentioned it yet but CLEGANEBOWL GET HYPE!!!!!
[close]
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:38:12 am by Craigeth »

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Yeah I checked and apparently Westeros is supposed to be the size of South America, making it around 4400 miles from north to south. Ravens can travel at around 30mph which means it would take one 3 days of constant flight to make it to Dragonstone as it's about halfway down.

I suppose in a world of white walkers, dragons, and children of the forest it's possible that their ravens are a bit quick though.

According to Cersei in this video (around 3m50s in - featuring Baelish at his scheming best) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lcx8gAM6wM 'Winterfell is 1000 miles away from here' (Kings Landing) - which isn't too far south from Dragonstone.

Though to be honest this is the sort of thing that gives Trekkers and Star Wars fans a bad name when they work out distances of planets and warp/light speeds :)

"The reason I am never specific about dates and distances is precisely so that people won't sit down and do this sort of thing.

My suggestion would be to put away the ruler and the stopwatch, and just enjoy the story" - George RR Martin, http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/1198
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 11:44:11 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
How was Gendric warhammer able to kill white walkers ? Surely it isn't made of valerian steel and  not of dragon glass either.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Just wondering - could the White Walkers kill, then raise, a dragon as one of their own?

Never read a spoiler, or knew anything of the sort would happen, but lo and behold, in the next episode.

Highlight of that episode goes to The Hound, though. I laughed for 2 minutes straight when he threw the rock at the wight and knocked its jaw off, calling it a "dumb c*nt". :lmao

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Fucks sake had no idea episode 6 leak, talk to you bastards later :D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Blue Eyes Ice Dragon [for those who get the YuGiOh reference]

Spoiler

Holy fucking mother of shit, what an episode, knew that they would convert the dragon as soon he picked up the spear. Fucking hell.

And Aria is becoming my favorite character, what a badass she has become, threatened Sansa enough to put her in her place
[close]

Offline Newman96

• Look into his eyes. Pure evil.
  • Kopite
They're really making The Night King look more and more like Bran, aren't they?

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
Great episode, the teleporting about is daft but seemingly a necessity now due to the small number of episodes. Thought the white walkers couldn't survive in the water so dunno how they got the chains on either :D

Still reckon the very end will be the fat maester wannabe lad finishing his own book recalling the events calling it game of thrones. Didn't he call the maester who he was working for's book title boring?

Laughed way too much at the hound lobbing stones at the white walkers   

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone think that they'll show the wight to Cersei and she'll think it's just a trick due to her Maester bringing The Mountain back from the dead?

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
She will probably get it to bite that woman she has in prison to see if they do turn :D

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
I guess the Hound is safe at least until he has a match off with his Brother.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I guess the Hound is safe at least until he has a match off with his Brother.

I've got a theory that he might not even fight him, not really his brother anymore is it?

Reckon he'll kill the maester for taking the opportunity from him to kill him though.

Offline DivisiveNewSigning

• Legacy Fan
Jesus Christ what an episode (again)!

This season has been an absolute pleasure to watch. They keep outdoing themselves with each passing episode and it's sensational stuff.

The thing that really struck me with this episode was Tormund screaming "HELP! HELP ME!". One of the hardest bastards in Westeros wailing for someone to save him like a little boy. I thought he was a goner for sure before big Sandor jumped in. Heart. In. Mouth.

Lot of theories that Bran is actually the NK. Not so sure myself. Although the NK does seem to be all knowing so who knows... a lot of people pointing out plot holes but the hole thing seems to have been specifically orchestrated so that the NK could bag himself a dragon.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE FINALE!!

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
That was so good. The intensity.

I literally shouted no on three occasions there.

Spoiler
A) When Tormund looked to be getting killed. Was gutted.
B) When Night King launched the ice javelin at the Dragon. Also Gutted
c) When Jon went down
[close]

What a show it is. I'm far too invested in it.

Offline Molealdinho_LK

• Anny Roader
  • Killing threads and wrecking heads!
Spoiler
The Hound and Tormund should get their own spin-off
[close]

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
I'd have been more shocked if the white walkers didn't turn a dragon to be honest

Think of it logically, if they didn't have one then how would they ever stand a chance in the big fight next season? They'd be minced in about 3 seconds.

This now gives them a logical pathway to getting over the wall too, as far as the storyline goes, the white walker dragon had to happen for it to move forward. I was just glad the death was fucking insane. (PS. Where the fuck did the white walkers get the 3 mile long chains to pull it out the water? ;D ;D ;D)

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
Spoiler
Awesome episode again.. a few questions though..

Will the whitewalkers dragon be resistant to fire aswell, as I was thinking another dragon will take it down eventually..? Also are dragons impenetrable to dragonglass?

Lastly, who the fuck was that random bloke who fell off the rock and got mauled by the dead, when John was retreating to the edge of the rock? Everyone else was already accounted for.
[close]

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
Always thought if cersei and dany are to have a final battle the dragons would need to be out of the picture so i imagine the battle against the undead will end up killing them all off.

Kind of like the ghost army in lord of the rings. They were too powerful so were removed from the story before the last battle
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 10:48:45 am by WillG.LFC »

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
Spoiler
Awesome episode again.. a few questions though..

Will the whitewalkers dragon be resistant to fire aswell, as I was thinking another dragon will take it down eventually..? Also are dragons impenetrable to dragonglass?

Lastly, who the fuck was that random bloke who fell off the rock and got mauled by the dead, when John was retreating to the edge of the rock? Everyone else was already accounted for.
[close]
  As well as the 7 there were about 3 or four red shirts who went north of the Wall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redshirt_(character)

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
Is it weird that I'm more concerned about the dragons wellbeing than the majority of the people ;D

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
How was Gendric warhammer able to kill white walkers ? Surely it isn't made of valerian steel and  not of dragon glass either.

I think the skeleton type wights can be smashed apart with any weapon, it's the ones with flesh that need to be killed with Valyrian steel or dragonglass.

Spoiler
I can't believe nobody has mentioned it yet but CLEGANEBOWL GET HYPE!!!!!
[close]

I said the same thing in the first post ;).

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

HBO Security is really having a tough time of late... episodes, scripts, personal & personnel info, declare war on pirates then get hacked hours later, marketing strategies, email leaks, etc - and now...

maybe they need an upgrade on these guys...?

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Apart from the dragon, only Thoros of Myr died, right? And he died during the night and his body was burnt. So who was it that fell from the rock and got ripped to pieces by the undead?

Ser RedShirt Of House Disposable... there were 4/5 of their house on this mission along with the Magnificent 7.

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
Ser RedShirt Of House Disposable... there were 4/5 of their house on this mission along with the Magnificent 7.

I had the exact same thought about red shirts! - And by the way, how many final minute last ditch saves has Jon Snow now had?

No wonder he's so confident in battle, he knows that every time he's in a dire straights and going to lose - someone or some army is going to do a run in and make the save
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cameras in your food, dude.

;D

Yeah just seen Bunter asked the same question and it was answered earlier on. Strange, there must have been plenty of shots which showed these extras yet in my head there were the seven known characters beyond the wall and only those seven.
This sentence is not provable

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
;D

Yeah just seen Bunter asked the same question and it was answered earlier on. Strange, there must have been plenty of shots which showed these extras yet in my head there were the seven known characters beyond the wall and only those seven.

I only remember seeing the 7 go off together and no one else was there, plus all the shots of them there were distinctly just the 7. Maybe I missed the shots of these others. Anyone have a screen grab of them forming their defensive circle..?

Also why didnt they forged any weapons with the dragonglass before they went off?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 12:07:34 pm by Bunter »

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
I only remember seeing the 7 go off together and no one else was there, plus all the shots of them there were distinctly just the 7. Maybe I missed the shots of these others. Anyone have a screen grab of them forming their defensive circle..?

Also why didnt they forged any weapons with the dragonglass before they went off?

2m 12 secs in of the video is a tracking shot of them all across a valley - there are 10 of them in total (possibly 2/3 scouting ahead?)

the overhead defencive circle shot is 22m 56s in - there are 12 in the shot + the one lad who has just been bear'd...

Ser FriendZone was using dragonglass daggers on the ice rock island, Thoras and Berric had their fire-sabres, Jon has the valerian Longclaw, Tormund the cool warhammer and his brute strength, Ser RedShirt a spear (dragonglass tipped?), the Hound had his quips - and some short axes, possibly dragonglass?)...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 12:34:53 pm by oojason »

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
2m 12 secs in of the video is a tracking shot of them all across a valley - there are 10 of them in total (possibly 2/3 scouting ahead?)

the overhead defencive circle shot is 22m 56s in - there are 12 in the shot + the one lad who has just been bear'd...

Ahh fair enough, just assumed from the original shot of them leaving it was only them.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Ahh fair enough, just assumed from the original shot of them leaving it was only them.

I think the original ending shot of the group at the end of episode 5 only really showed the Magnificent 7 going through the tunnel and Eastwatch (with some outlines of a few support staff behind them) in certain shots...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 12:49:37 pm by oojason »