Author Topic: The Alternative Premier League Table 2017-18  (Read 174311 times)

Offline RooiBefok

• (Crank) Minority Martyr, and Defender & Lover of The 5th Benitle. His most ardent fan. Adores him. No really, I think he's great. The best.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Perservate et Superate
Re: The Alternative Premier League Table 2017-18
« Reply #280 on: December 10, 2017, 07:57:27 pm »
LFC Current & Projected Form : Round 16
“The 5th Benitle fell in love with himself eighteen years ago and has remained faithful ever since”

Offline joe ®

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #281 on: December 10, 2017, 10:02:31 pm »
The APLT so far is suggesting 4th place will need around the very low 70s as history suggests.

Indeed. I think Spurs will improve over the course of the season though. We'll need to improve considerably too.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #282 on: December 10, 2017, 10:55:26 pm »
Indeed. I think Spurs will improve over the course of the season though. We'll need to improve considerably too.

Our recent form is 7 wins and 3 draws from 10. If we're anywhere near that consistency for the rest of the season, we'll piss top 4.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline me76

• It's all in the reflexes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #283 on: December 11, 2017, 12:32:56 am »
Really interesting the difference between the actual table and this in terms of Chelsea's position.  Implies they are doing better than the real table suggests.
Jürgen Klopp: "I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Hash91

• Anny Roader
« Reply #284 on: December 11, 2017, 05:57:55 am »
As far as the title race is concerned, City need to lose at least 3 par 3s while their nearest competitors maintain title winning form. If we can maintain our recent form of 7 wins and 3 draws in the last 10 games till the end of January, I'm sure we can challenge Chelsea and United.

Just looked at our fixtures till Jan 31st. We have Arsenal away, City at home and Burnley away. We need to win all three of them.

Offline JCB

• Sponsors of Digger Barnes.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: December 12, 2017, 09:08:47 am »
Relegation APLT: Week 16

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: December 14, 2017, 01:07:23 am »
I am not sure what the ramifications of this was but I reckon it puts Man Utd out of reach for us.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #287 on: December 14, 2017, 01:42:10 am »
I am not sure what the ramifications of this was but I reckon it puts Man Utd out of reach for us.

The ramifications are pretty fucking gutting considering we were finally putting together some form. Had the win almost sealed against Everton and then couldn't break down West Brom.

Everton and West Brom combines for a mammoth 4 points lost which will look real shite when it's displayed on the graph as a dramatic drop.

United lose 3 against City and par last night - 3 points lost. While the model only factors in they were at home, if they keep winning games like tonight, then they won't drop many more like they did against City as the model doesn't factor in that they played City, only that they should have won at home.

Away from this particular model, even a win and a draw in the last two games would have had us just ever so slightly off 2 points per game and back on pace for continuing Champions League football. We now need to take 9 points from 12 to get back to 2 points per game. Having had two real good fixtures to reel in our early form and get above 2 points per game we are left chasing it with runs of form above 2 points per game. 2.25 needed from the next four which over the season would be enough for 85-86.

I know you shouldn't get too down over results like this but with them coming in quick succession it is hard to take. I can't shake the feeling we should have been level with Chelsea, 3 off United and in a commanding position, with an ever growing confidence and now we are right back in amongst Spurs and Arsenal when we should have maintained a lead over them, if not extended it over Arsenal. Gutted.

In this model we've dropped 6 points in our last three home games. Drawing them all.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 01:48:40 am by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline RooiBefok

• (Crank) Minority Martyr, and Defender & Lover of The 5th Benitle. His most ardent fan. Adores him. No really, I think he's great. The best.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Perservate et Superate
« Reply #288 on: December 14, 2017, 07:58:25 am »
APLT Full Table : Round 17
“The 5th Benitle fell in love with himself eighteen years ago and has remained faithful ever since”

Offline RooiBefok

• Legacy Fan
  • Perservate et Superate
« Reply #289 on: December 14, 2017, 07:59:18 am »
APLT Analysis & Extrapolations : Round 17

Offline RooiBefok

• Legacy Fan
  • Perservate et Superate
« Reply #290 on: December 14, 2017, 07:59:53 am »
LFC Current & Projected Form : Round 17

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: December 14, 2017, 08:10:36 am »
On a more positive slant we can pick up +4 in our next 2 games and if we do that then the best Arsenal will do is -3 so a lovely 7 point swing.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: December 14, 2017, 11:25:19 am »
On a more positive slant we can pick up +4 in our next 2 games and if we do that then the best Arsenal will do is -3 so a lovely 7 point swing.

Think we’ll do just that, we’ve had a couple of unsatisfactory results but I can’t see it continuing. A win at the weekend will get us right back to where we were.

Offline supaerheraw

• Kopite
« Reply #293 on: December 14, 2017, 11:29:37 am »
-6 halfway through the season would feel better.

Offline JCB

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: December 14, 2017, 10:51:58 pm »
Relegation APLT: Week 17

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: December 15, 2017, 05:35:18 pm »
The Moyes effect! Better than the Hodgson effect! Imagine, just imagine if, in 2010 that we............

Is the APLT just too graphic (gettit?) and upsetting for public consumption for midweek?

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: December 15, 2017, 06:10:53 pm »

In this model we've dropped 6 points in our last three home games. Drawing them all.

Wow!

We've also dropped 6 points in our last three home games in real life, what a coincidence.  ::)
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #297 on: December 16, 2017, 08:02:49 am »
The Moyes effect! Better than the Hodgson effect! Imagine, just imagine if, in 2010 that we............

Is the APLT just too graphic (gettit?) and upsetting for public consumption for midweek?
Something like that.  I've been trying not to think about it  :'(

I'll sort it out this morning

Offline JCB

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: December 16, 2017, 08:09:37 am »
Something like that.  I've been trying not to think about it  :'(

I'll sort it out this morning

Don't blame ya prof. Not really something I want to see myself.

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: December 16, 2017, 08:52:22 am »

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: December 16, 2017, 08:59:52 am »
I think if we stop this mini-slump at Bournemouth (which I'm confident we will) then we'll be back to the great form we were showing before Everton, which will help.

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: December 16, 2017, 09:16:36 am »
Our form has benn pretty consistent, for the most part just beneath that 71 points line. Unfortunately I think that is where we are headed for season total, in and around 68 points. Whether it is enough for 4th depends on Arsenal and Spurs.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: December 16, 2017, 09:21:52 am »
Our form has benn pretty consistent, for the most part just beneath that 71 points line. Unfortunately I think that is where we are headed for season total, in and around 68 points. Whether it is enough for 4th depends on Arsenal and Spurs.

Anything less than 70 points this season with this squad then its a failure by the manager and players. Its that simple.

Offline JCB

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: December 16, 2017, 09:35:34 am »
Looks like it, we've been trending along that 71 points line so far this season, but this is football... if we can string a good run of wins together  then it's still possible to rise above our current level. And that's a given for any team out there.

Offline AndreTheMidget

• Kopite
« Reply #304 on: December 16, 2017, 09:37:41 am »

That would be really dreadful, especially when the league has 14 teams of varying degrees of shit. But yes, I fear you may be right.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: December 16, 2017, 10:56:15 am »
I think we’ll pick up a bit and hit 73-74 points and hopefully that’s enough. 4 points in our next 2 games gives us 35 halfway through the season and I think we’ll perform better in the second half of the season. It also puts us -8 in the APLT so doubling that would leave us -16 or 74 points
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 10:58:26 am by sminp »
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: December 16, 2017, 01:15:01 pm »

Looks like we’re going to be stuck in a 3 horse race for 4th this year.  Can’t afford too many more missed opportunities to pick up maximum points this year or we’ll be looking at Europa league football next year. 

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: December 16, 2017, 01:20:10 pm »
Looks like we’re going to be stuck in a 3 horse race for 4th this year.  Can’t afford too many more missed opportunities to pick up maximum points this year or we’ll be looking at Europa league football next year.

We could always just go and win the Champions League, it’ll be tough but not impossible. I think we’ll end up in the top four, though.

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: December 17, 2017, 06:26:46 pm »

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #309 on: December 17, 2017, 06:28:08 pm »
looking better that. soon we have the chance to take on Arsenal for APLT 4th spot

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #310 on: December 17, 2017, 06:32:50 pm »
Much needed boost that. 3 points against Arsenal would be absolutely massive. A -3 for them and a +2 for us for a 5 point swing. Worth remembering as well that we took 6 points off Arsenal last season and eventually finished 1 point ahead of them. It's such an important game for us.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: December 17, 2017, 06:38:17 pm »
Ha! How swiftly that went up. Looking better.

Cheers Prof!

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: December 17, 2017, 07:35:10 pm »
A win over Arsenal would be absolutely massive for us. At the moment things look in the balance but a win there would tip us over into favourites for the top 4 in my eyes.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #313 on: December 17, 2017, 07:45:51 pm »
A win over Arsenal would be absolutely massive for us. At the moment things look in the balance but a win there would tip us over into favourites for the top 4 in my eyes.

See I don't see it that way at all. I think the Arsenal game is a must win because of our poor home form where we've lost so many APLT points to lower league teams.

I think we can get the win considering how well we play away from home
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: December 17, 2017, 07:49:31 pm »
See I don't see it that way at all. I think the Arsenal game is a must win because of our poor home form where we've lost so many APLT points to lower league teams.

Wouldn't say it's a must win but I do think it's a must not lose game

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: December 17, 2017, 07:50:04 pm »
Arsenal away is a par 1 for a reason... For prospective champions!  We've seen the mockers put on us enough by comments in this thread over recent weeks.

Yes I am highly superstitious, but it did win us number 5 in 2005, the FA Cup in 2006 and the cup treble in 2001 (it also cost us the league in 2014 - for which I'm eternally remorseful).

Offline joe ®

• Anny Roader
« Reply #316 on: December 18, 2017, 11:29:09 am »

I agree. Our consistent inconsistency in our home form means we absolutely have to grab this chance to inflict a -3 on Arsenal. Going to be very tough to make top four this year, and this is effectively a six pointer.

Well, a five pointer in APLT terms.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: December 18, 2017, 11:33:32 am »

I agree that the Arsenal game is a must win, considering how many REAL points we've lost to lower placed teams.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #318 on: December 18, 2017, 11:37:44 am »
Hopefully Wenger goes full strength in the EFL quarter final on Tuesday.
Mane and Salah running at their back line will be interesting.

Offline supaerheraw

• Kopite
The Alternative Premier League Table 2017-18
« Reply #319 on: December 18, 2017, 11:54:17 am »
Hopefully Wenger goes full strength in the EFL quarter final on Tuesday.
Mane and Salah running at their back line will be interesting.
There is a reason for why our team is so hard to beat. Except for the two off-day losses against City and Spurs we haven’t lost a game in the league or Champions League. Teams can attack us, but we’ve seen several times that it’s a very dangerous move since we score from a counter ten seconds later. The other option is for teams to sit back, something we’ve also experienced many times, which can be a tough challange for us-but one that doesn’t mean a loss.

The difference from last season is that many of our draws would have been losses. It seems we have cut out the awful individual mistakes that last season, and early in this, cost us a goal or two. Possibly, this is the reason why we are in a 15 games unbeaten run. It might not feel like it all the times, but I’d say that we are making steady progress and are just a few signings from taking the next step.

In short, I think we will smash Arsenal and have a good run in the CL in spring. [emoji4]