Author Topic: Skybet Championship 17/18 Season Thread  (Read 51067 times)

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Skybet Championship 17/18 Season Thread
« Reply #40 on: August 6, 2017, 12:49:48 pm »
I get hating your rivals for footballing reasons, but you've just described a very poor town with huge societal issues and you're using that as a stick to beat them with. Pretty shit attitude you've got, its the kind of thing you'd expect a Tory to say.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Whatever.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2017, 09:16:41 am »
eventful debut for Dirty Leeds' new Spanish striker Samuel Saiz last night...scored a hat-trick (very nice it was too) and was then embroiled in a spitting storm (he was the spitter, not the spittee) ...dirty bastard if true...amusing though to see the Port Vale manager Michael Brown bemoaning the behaviour of players - this from the man who'd think nothing of regularly trying to break an opponents leg in half during his playing days.....loved it when Gerrard dished out some poetic justice to the twat at Anfield

......oh, and another enjoyable presentation job from Colin Murray...I like the format, its gone back to the way Manish Bhasin used to present it on BBC - just the anchor and the guest showing the goals and talking about them....none of the bullshit 'fan interaction' with social media and phoneyarsed 'let us know what you think' horseshit......not remotely interested in what some prick in Grimsby or Luton thinks about his clubs chances of promotion ...just show the fuckin goals
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2017, 09:29:33 pm »

'Football On 5 Championship' - for 12 August 2017

http://sportyhl.com/football-5-championship-12-august-2017/
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #43 on: September 1, 2017, 01:03:32 am »

Couldn't find a League 2 thread so this will do...

https://twitter.com/LutonTown/status/903385007485542400

The dream for some is still alive - well in and all the best Aaron Jarvis :)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: September 8, 2017, 09:10:48 pm »
Derby currently 5-0 up againts Hull 65 mins gone and looking very good for it.
choose Life.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #45 on: September 8, 2017, 09:16:38 pm »
Derby currently 5-0 up againts Hull 65 mins gone and looking very good for it.

Yeah Hull have really gone to shit.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: September 9, 2017, 04:48:07 pm »
Just a couple of minutes left to play and score is Sunderland 0-2 Sheffield Utd    ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: September 9, 2017, 04:49:27 pm »
Dirty Leeds 5-0 up.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: September 9, 2017, 04:57:19 pm »
Just a couple of minutes left to play and score is Sunderland 0-2 Sheffield Utd    ;D
Hold the back page, the Filthy Mackems get a goal on 94 minutes.

1-2

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #49 on: September 9, 2017, 07:16:18 pm »
Hold the back page, the Filthy Mackems get a goal on 94 minutes.

1-2

saw the highlights of this on SSN - attendances dropping at an alarming rate. huge number of empty seats

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #50 on: September 9, 2017, 11:06:28 pm »
saw the highlights of this on SSN - attendances dropping at an alarming rate. huge number of empty seats

Sunderland will soon be announcing crowd changes to the team.
#Sausages

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: September 9, 2017, 11:33:10 pm »
The 3 I would like to see come up are.

Leeds
Wolves
Nottingham Forest

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2017, 12:19:59 pm »

Leeds
Wolves
Nottingham Forest

The 3 I would like to see go down are:

Sunderland
Villa
Any team being managed by Colin Wanker
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2017, 12:52:43 pm »
The 3 I would like to see go down are:

Sunderland
Villa
Any team being managed by Colin Wanker
Mine to go down,

Sunderland
Boro
Villa

:)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2017, 05:14:57 pm »
Here's some good news,they are testing this out on them and once the cat is out of the bag it'll happen for our games.

Sky to stream midweek English Football League games after new £600m TV deal

Sky will be able to stream all midweek Championship matches after agreeing a new £600m five-year domestic rights deal with the English Football League.

All EFL clubs will be able to stream midweek league games via their websites if Sky are not broadcasting them live.

The contract will run from 2019-2024, with the value of the rights increasing by 36% from the present agreement.

Sky will also continue to broadcast the League Cup, Checkatrade Trophy and play-offs until May 2024.

Matches played between 14:45 and 17:15 on Saturdays will continue to be blocked from live streaming.

"These negotiations came at what was an incredibly challenging period in the sale and acquisition of sports rights in the UK," said EFL chief executive Shaun Harvey.

"Having fully tested the market, we believe that not only has a significant increase in value for our clubs been achieved, but also the very best deal, with the best partner has been delivered."

The existing EFL television deal runs out at the end of the 2018-19 campaign and is worth £88.3m per season - a figure that will rise to £120m under the new terms.

A maximum of 150 EFL games will be shown per season, including 16 midweek Championship matches and a minimum of 20 League One and League Two games.
Analysis

Simon Stone, BBC Sport

The EFL remain confident midweek attendances will hold up despite the wider availability of fixtures following Tuesday's announcement.

In the winter months particularly, lots of long distance games are played in midweek - Blackpool v Gillingham, Bristol Rovers v Rotherham, Charlton v Rochdale, Oldham v Wimbledon and Oxford v Blackburn are all scheduled to be played on Tuesday, 21 November this season for instance.

Away fans willing to undertake those trips are unlikely to be put off by an ability to watch them on a live stream.

In addition, as Sky have no access to broadcast European games until at least 2021, the midweek slots offer them the chance to screen live football.

What no-one can really know is how the media landscape will have changed by the time the deal ends in 2024.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2017, 10:24:07 pm »
Leeds looking impressive. Top of the league, only 2 goals conceded in 7 matches and that's after they sold one of their best players, Chris Wood.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2017, 10:32:41 pm »
Really sad to see Aston Villa and Sunderland struggling, said nobody ever.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2017, 09:16:46 am »

It's John Terry I feel sorry for, he was so brave to step down to Championship level as well. Poor fella.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2017, 09:35:05 am »

Did you see the shot that hit Villas player on the line too? Great stuff.

I've got money on Leeds to win it, Wolves to be promoted and Sunderland to go down (all individual) so hopefully they make it over the line this season, rather than last when I just lost out!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2017, 10:45:37 am »
Did you see the shot that hit Villas player on the line too? Great stuff.

https://twitter.com/dave_hitchman/status/907701214443446272

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2017, 10:50:04 am »

Leeds
Wolves
Nottingham Forest

All very possible as well mate. All three, for different reasons, seem resurgent this season.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2017, 03:20:10 pm »
A lovely, poignant letter to the Barnsley fans from their terminally-ill owner.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41249300

Patrick Cryne: Terminally ill Barnsley owner 'on borrowed time'

Terminally ill Barnsley owner Patrick Cryne has written a poignant letter to the club's fans.

Cryne, who has cancer, wrote a piece for the club's programme for the EFL Cup second-round tie against Derby, which the Reds won 3-2.

The 66-year-old has been in charge at Oakwell since 2004.

In the article, Cryne revealed that he is "living on borrowed time" and thanked fans for their "kindness down the years".

"I am living on borrowed time. I live in pain, but living is better than the alternative. Cancer is insidious, cruel and rapacious and I implore everyone to have regular checks to stop it gaining hold.

"Recent months have brought into focus the things that are important to me. I have spent a lot of my life pursuing the ultimately pointless when there were better things to do. My family have always been important to me but I should have spent more time telling them so.

"I do now and it creates joyfulness in our relationships. Of course, my football club has been important too and I am lucky that my family have shared my love of Barnsley FC.

"For much of the time since I became the club's buyer of last resort, I allowed others to run the club, fearing that I did not know enough to win the respect and supporter of the 'football people'. It is ironic therefore that we enjoyed one of our most successful periods when I did take up the mantle ending in two successful visits to Wembley.

"Maybe, one day before too long I will tell the secrets of how we did it. Certainly, the whole club working as one was instrumental. I don't know if we will ever repeat the sense of togetherness of that season, which extended also to the fans, their tolerance and incredible support.

"There are many things I wanted to achieve before my custodianship of our fabulous team ended at the hand of the Grim Reaper. Of course, I wanted to see us get back to the Premier League and make some enhancements to the iconic West Stand. On a personal level, I wanted to bring back together all the 1912 FA Cup final medals, but I only managed to retrieve five.

"Most people realise I was a reluctant custodian but what has made it bearable against the occasional cruelty of the internet world is the kindness shown to me by so many fans on a personal basis.

"People are not shy in coming forward and telling me they appreciate my efforts, even if I have fallen short of their aspirations. I receive many letters and cards from fans who share with me their memories and best wishes. I am grateful to them all.

"Regarding this season, I think we will get stronger as it goes on and our team gels, not unlike the double Wembley season. I do not expect to live to see the ultimate outcome, but I travel in hope.

"I wish you all a good football season and thank you for your kindness down the years."
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2017, 05:54:44 pm »
Simon Greyson left Preston to go and manage Sunderland!!!!

Preston up to 4th while Sunderland are 4th from the bottom
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2017, 06:45:11 pm »

https://twitter.com/BCFC/status/909109773240500226

'Blues have parted company with manager Harry Redknapp'

Lost at home 1-3 to Preston today, 6 straight defeats, 1 win in 8 league games, 1 place off the bottom...

http://www.flashscores.co.uk/team/birmingham/SWk4muv7/
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 06:48:02 pm by oojason »

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2017, 07:02:09 pm »
https://twitter.com/BCFC/status/909109773240500226

'Blues have parted company with manager Harry Redknapp'

Lost at home 1-3 to Preston today, 6 straight defeats, 1 win in 8 league games, 1 place off the bottom...

http://www.flashscores.co.uk/team/birmingham/SWk4muv7/
"The Championship side signed 14 players during the summer transfer window." (BBC). Wonder if all of those were his signings. Some good old wheelin' and dealin'.
There was a brilliant photoshopped image posted on here during his court case a couple of years back. He was in court testifying through his car window.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 07:08:27 pm by dalarr »

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2017, 10:28:06 pm »
Fucking charlatan (not Tim Burgess), more than about time he was brought up on his ineptness. No doubt his dogs received a handsome payoff.
AHA!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2017, 04:14:13 pm »
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 10:18:56 am by Black and White Paul »

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2017, 01:17:14 pm »
Anyone know any streams for the derby/sky sports today?

Offline Rick Sanchez

• Main Stander
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2017, 01:27:09 pm »
Cardiff have been very good so far this season, not surprised as they have an excellent coach at this level in charge of them.

Offline Rick Sanchez

• Main Stander
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2017, 01:38:13 pm »
Anyone know any streams for the derby/sky sports today?
Here you go mate

https://hdhub.live/

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2017, 03:25:24 pm »
What a game!  ;D

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2017, 06:36:00 pm »
https://anydivision.wordpress.com/2017/09/24/sheffield-divided/

I just moved to Sheffield and went to watch the game, here's the gist of the game and what the City was like in the build-up.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2017, 06:43:12 pm »
Seems to have been some problems for the Sheff Utd fans at Hillsborough sickeningly. Lack of turnstiles opens and the bizzies being the pig c*nts they always have been.

James‏ @Jamesyblade 5h5 hours ago

@FSF_FairCop now only 1 turnstile for hundreds of fans

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-game-should-have-been-delayed.58277/

I hope that rotten club never return to this league too.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2017, 09:45:40 pm »
Another arse kicking for Blunderland tonight losing 5-2 away to Ipswich.      :lickin

Offline smithng

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "On a stroppy little island of mixed up people"

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2017, 04:19:58 pm »
Latest score

Sunderland 0-1 QPR.

I wouldn't bet against Sunderland going down, again    :)

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2017, 04:50:44 pm »
In League Two, the Vegans getting pummelled 4-0 to Newport.  Dunno how Tranmere lost to this shower.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2017, 06:23:47 pm »
Leeds lost 4 of their last 5, just when you thought they have a good chance this year..

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2017, 07:44:25 pm »
Leeds lost 4 of their last 5, just when you thought they have a good chance this year..

Down to 5th now when they were flying at the top a few weeks ago, meanwhile Sunderland are 2nd bottom.
#Sausages