Author Topic: Skybet Championship 17/18 Season Thread  (Read 51122 times)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: Skybet Championship 17/18 Season Thread
« Reply #120 on: March 7, 2018, 10:56:12 am »
Wheels have fallen off at Derby at the min, my Derby supporting fan mate is worried sick they not even going to make the playoffs .

And yes Sessegnon looks good hope he don't end up at spurs.

That should come as no surprise to anyone who follows The Championship, Derby are the Arsenal of The Championship, always look good for promotion, then choke badly either lose in the playoffs or, miss out of the playoffs altogether. Few years back Derby went top one Good Friday, then missed out on the playoffs, think Watford won that league instead.
#Sausages

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: March 7, 2018, 10:56:36 am »
Given the prices paid for other teenagers like Vinicus Jr and Pellegri I'd say it's a fair starting point for a left winger/left back who's scoring 1 in 3 at 17, taking in to account the English premium and the clubs interested. I'd be happy with us paying that to get him.

Out of curiosity what would you consider fair value?

50m+ for somebody that will only have just turned 18? I'm all for us spending money but that's just mad. 30m would be fair value in my opinion, he hasn't even played a top flight game yet.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: March 7, 2018, 11:10:05 am »
50m+ for somebody that will only have just turned 18? I'm all for us spending money but that's just mad. 30m would be fair value in my opinion, he hasn't even played a top flight game yet.
Clubs are spending around £30m on under 18's who've played less than 10 senior games. Players barely out their teens are going for over £100m. £30m would have got you him maybe 2-3 years ago but there's been a big shift in prices.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: March 7, 2018, 11:33:46 am »
Yeah I all know many haven't got any time for Colin Wanker but I would love it if Cardiff bagged that 2nd auto spot and forced Villa into a playoff (which they lose).

Never forgiven them or never will for that Stevie Gerrard birthday party picture. The deluded set of brummie wankers.

On a side note, Hope Fulham come back as had some memorable away's there. Cracking little ground too.

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #124 on: March 7, 2018, 11:36:09 am »
still a managerial merry go round I see. Monk at Birmingham after failing at Leeds and Boro...

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: March 7, 2018, 11:43:36 am »
still a managerial merry go round I see. Monk at Birmingham after failing at Leeds and Boro...

Don't think he failed at Leeds to be fair

Yeah I all know many haven't got any time for Colin Wanker but I would love it if Cardiff bagged that 2nd auto spot and forced Villa into a playoff (which they lose).

Never forgiven them or never will for that Stevie Gerrard birthday party picture. The deluded set of brummie wankers.

On a side note, Hope Fulham come back as had some memorable away's there. Cracking little ground too.

Yeah can't stand Colin but no desire to see Villa managed by fat head go up
« Last Edit: March 7, 2018, 11:45:37 am by Old No7 »

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #126 on: March 9, 2018, 09:14:21 am »
Don't think he failed at Leeds to be fair

Yeah can't stand Colin but no desire to see Villa managed by fat head go up

Me as well, that's 6 free points to Man Utd if Villa go up.  :(
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #127 on: March 9, 2018, 09:21:58 am »
Looking at the table much prefer Fulham to have a run & pip Cardiff for 2nd place, Fulham currently 5 points behind Cardiff, & leave Cardiff, Villa, Derby, Bristol City or Preston rather than Boro in the playoffs.
#Sausages

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #128 on: March 9, 2018, 11:25:16 am »
With a father from Cardiff and having lived there for 5 years, I really hope they go up, but I find it hard to currently support them with that dickhead in charge. But for the good of the city - and my Dad! - I'd love to see them back in the Premier League.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #129 on: March 9, 2018, 01:31:40 pm »
Just don't want any that are shit to get to coming up, so no thanks to Cardiff or Bristol City. Preston would be great.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #130 on: March 9, 2018, 01:50:33 pm »
Just don't want any that are shit to get to coming up, so no thanks to Cardiff or Bristol City. Preston would be great.

Bristol is a great place and not that hard to get to (might be for you admittedly!).

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #131 on: March 9, 2018, 02:08:45 pm »
Bristol is a great place and not that hard to get to (might be for you admittedly!).
Haha yeah I love Bristol as a place but can't  be arsed with getting there for the inevitable Sunday lunchtime KO!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: March 9, 2018, 02:25:59 pm »

The four Aston Villa fans that took that silly picture?
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #133 on: March 10, 2018, 04:59:41 pm »
Mitrovic is tearing it up for Fulham. 7 goals in 6 games I think. And Fulham have won something like 9 of their last 11. Amazing form.

Late winner today sees them just a pt off Villa who are in 3rd and play Wolves at 5.30.

Would like to see them come up.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: March 10, 2018, 07:04:26 pm »
Poor form from the Wolves. Looks like Cardiff will top the league and Wolves-Villa-Fulham will fight for the 2nd spot.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #135 on: March 10, 2018, 11:40:06 pm »
Poor form from the Wolves. Looks like Cardiff will top the league and Wolves-Villa-Fulham will fight for the 2nd spot.

Doubt it. They're still seven points clear and have a very good midfield/attack to get over the line.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: March 10, 2018, 11:53:38 pm »
Mitrovic is tearing it up for Fulham. 7 goals in 6 games I think. And Fulham have won something like 9 of their last 11. Amazing form.

Late winner today sees them just a pt off Villa who are in 3rd and play Wolves at 5.30.

Would like to see them come up.
I still say I would rather have Mitrovic playing for us than Dwight Gayle.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2018, 09:02:03 am »
Doubt it. They're still seven points clear and have a very good midfield/attack to get over the line.
Only 5 pts in their last 5 matches, thinhgs can change very quickly imo. I sure hope Aston Villa doesn’t make it but they’ve been on a good run.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2018, 09:25:50 pm »
Surprised the Bolton Villa game went ahead
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2018, 09:34:25 pm »
Wolves and Cardiff will go up automatically it seems, while it's anyone's guess who else will join them. Fulham have been in great form but that really doesn't count for much in two-legged playoffs, as Huddersfield showed last season.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2018, 09:35:44 pm »
Only 5 pts in their last 5 matches, thinhgs can change very quickly imo. I sure hope Aston Villa doesn’t make it but they’ve been on a good run.

13 clear of 3rd now. The battle between Wolves and Cardiff should be good, Cardiff away to Derby tomorrow.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2018, 09:37:24 pm »
13 clear of 3rd now. The battle between Wolves and Cardiff should be good, Cardiff away to Derby tomorrow.

If Cardiff win tomorrow you have to say that the top two spots are sealed, although there will still be quite a race to see who actually is crowned Champion

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2018, 07:28:39 pm »
Fuck off Pulis, Wolves beat Boro 2-1 in spite being down to 9 men for the last 20 miutes plus 6 minutes added on :lmao :lmao
#Sausages

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #143 on: March 30, 2018, 07:32:06 pm »
Fuck off Pulis, Wolves beat Boro 2-1 in spite being down to 9 men for the last 20 miutes plus 6 minutes added on :lmao :lmao

Wolves have 2 very good wing backs plus some decent attacking players, Neves also looks decent.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #144 on: March 30, 2018, 08:25:42 pm »
Sunderland winning 2-0 at Derby,  Derby the Arsenal of the championship
#Sausages

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2018, 08:28:21 pm »
Millwall only a point off the playoffs, done bloody well to get that high up

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2018, 08:29:30 pm »
Karanka has been absolutely dogshit at Forest. They need to get rid of him, horrible football that isn't even producing results.

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2018, 09:01:40 pm »
Sunderland winning 2-0 at Derby,  Derby the Arsenal of the championship
How’s ojaria doing?
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2018, 09:22:32 pm »
Even fucking John O'Shea has scored. What the hell has happened to Derby recently?
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2018, 09:24:16 pm »
Even fucking John O'Shea has scored. What the hell has happened to Derby recently?

I can answer that for you.

I put the fuckers on my slip.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2018, 09:25:23 pm »
I can answer that for you.

I put the fuckers on my slip.

;D

I thought maybe they had a tentative glance at the Premier League and got PTSD.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2018, 09:25:33 pm »
How’s ojaria doing?

Not in the squad
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #152 on: March 30, 2018, 09:28:38 pm »
Not in the squad
Yeah just seen that. Is he injured? Mackem’s forums were suggesting he’d done well there.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #153 on: March 30, 2018, 09:47:50 pm »
Sunderland win 4-1, typical Derby choking this stage of the season.
#Sausages

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #154 on: March 30, 2018, 11:10:24 pm »
Wolves and Cardiff 95% there in terms of automatic promotion

We'll be seeing Colin Wanker in the Premier League next season. Oh goodie.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 11:13:17 pm by Caligula? »

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: April 2, 2018, 08:15:29 pm »
30 mins in, 1-0 Sheffield against Cardiff, undeserved imo. Just wtf was the keeper thinking?

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: April 6, 2018, 07:12:19 pm »
Cardiff vs Wolves tonight. Massive game.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: April 6, 2018, 07:12:56 pm »
Cardiff vs Wolves tonight. Massive game.

Both sides would probably take a point if you offered it them before the game to be honest.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #158 on: April 6, 2018, 07:23:24 pm »
Would love a Cardiff win here tonight, but will gladly see them take the point. Anyone know why Grujic isn't in the squad?
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #159 on: April 6, 2018, 07:38:32 pm »
Would love a Cardiff win here tonight, but will gladly see them take the point. Anyone know why Grujic isn't in the squad?

I'm hoping Colin has lent us Marko for the weekend  ;)