Author Topic: World Athletics Championships 2017: 4th-13th August 2017  (Read 30515 times)

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: World Athletics Championships 2017: 4th-13th August 2017
« Reply #160 on: August 5, 2017, 10:26:43 pm »
I never said he did. But he isn't without his doubters. If people assume he is clean, why not Gatlin, who last failed a test 11 years ago? Just because he is British?

No, because he has history of doping while Farah hasn't. Fuck all to do with being British and more to do with one being a cheat while the other isn't.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #161 on: August 5, 2017, 10:36:44 pm »
As with the likes of Messi and Ronnie O'Sullivan, it's been a pleasure watching undoubtedly the greatest sprinter of all time.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #162 on: August 5, 2017, 10:51:14 pm »
Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Made up I must be the only person on the planet who can't stand the c*nt, full of himself manc supporting twat, thank Christ I didn't have to see him do his fucking idiotic celebration. One of the greatest sprinters ever but I've just never warmed to him, if he was a bar of chocolate he would eat himself.
I quite like Bolt, but the fawning over him has been sickening for years. Colin Jackson, Cram, Lewis all creaming themselves every time he wins. Someone has to win the fucking race. They were almost in tears when he didn't win - He's had a great career don't worry about it.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: August 5, 2017, 11:02:16 pm »
They were almost in tears when he didn't win - He's had a great career don't worry about it.
That's because a drugs cheat won and it's not a great advert for their sport.

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #164 on: August 5, 2017, 11:06:31 pm »
That's because a drugs cheat won and it's not a great advert for their sport.
[/quote
It didn't fit with their narrative, they'd have been pretty much the same even if that British lad had won

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #165 on: August 6, 2017, 02:52:31 am »
Who cares, they are all doping, just some get caught.

Bolt will be back.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #166 on: August 6, 2017, 08:47:41 am »
Here as a thing

Of the 7 finalists, 5 have previously been named for doping.....

Of the thirty fastest ever 100m times, only 9 were recorded by an athlete who was not subsequently found to be doping.
All 9 were by Usain Bolt....

The 100m isn't worth watching really, they are virtually all cheating.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #167 on: August 6, 2017, 08:55:35 am »
KJT would need some near/better than personal bests to win it from here. A chance of a medal is looking ok though.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #168 on: August 6, 2017, 09:18:08 am »
Here as a thing

Of the 7 finalists, 5 have previously been named for doping.....

Of the thirty fastest ever 100m times, only 9 were recorded by an athlete who was not subsequently found to be doping.
All 9 were by Usain Bolt....

The 100m isn't worth watching really, they are virtually all cheating.

Yeah.

Really hard to get interested in these types of sports. Any sort of success comes with suspicion, even if the athlete was actually clean.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: August 6, 2017, 09:21:51 am »
Although, when you look at that table, there's another supposition you could make isn't there?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: August 6, 2017, 09:26:28 am »
No, because he has history of doping while Farah hasn't. Fuck all to do with being British and more to do with one being a cheat while the other isn't.

Hmm...nah it's cos he's British. British don't dope, see Team Sky for examples :lmao

Salazar...Armstrong...Farah, it's pretty easy to see.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: August 6, 2017, 09:27:35 am »
Although, when you look at that table, there's another supposition you could make isn't there?

Yeah everyone else is juiced to the eyeballs, yet Bolt is smashing them while totally clean...hmm

Again, see cycling for details...
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #172 on: August 6, 2017, 09:29:19 am »

Well, quite.

This graph also looks... wrong somehow.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #173 on: August 6, 2017, 10:14:09 am »
When you say 'were subsequently found to be doping' do you mean they were found to be doping whilst setting those times.....? Or just found to be doping at some point during their career?

I'll be honest, I'm not sure why you'd even bother watching or commenting on this sort of thing if you literally think everyone is doping. With Usain Bolt, I highly doubt you'll ever know either way. If it came out he was doping, I imagine it'd get covered up because it'd pretty much kill athletics.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #174 on: August 6, 2017, 10:25:51 am »
KJT nails her first Long Jump, 6.56m, the longest so far.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: August 6, 2017, 10:30:20 am »
Hmm...nah it's cos he's British. British don't dope, see Team Sky for examples :lmao

Salazar...Armstrong...Farah, it's pretty easy to see.

Despite being the nations fastest sprinter and best hope for a medal at times, Dwain Chambers became a total outcast after doping. In the eyes of the British athletes, commentators and media. Fuck all to do with nationality.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: August 6, 2017, 10:33:23 am »
Despite being the nations fastest sprinter and best hope for a medal at times, Dwain Chambers became a total outcast after doping. In the eyes of the British athletes, commentators and media. Fuck all to do with nationality.
Although we all quietly forget that Linford Christie got banned for doping at the end of his career... Like that was new..
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: August 6, 2017, 10:37:31 am »
Christie never really gets the praise a 100m winner would get though. He is just forgotten about and rightly so.
No, but the British press quietly ignored it to a greater extent... which was a shame.

On Bolt, when he did a 19.3 I the 200m that was a 0.6 s increase on the previous year.  Not just a big improvement, an extraordinary improvement ...
W

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: August 6, 2017, 01:07:05 pm »
The Brit Hawkins finished 4th in the men's marathon. Good effort.

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: August 6, 2017, 01:17:24 pm »
The Brit Hawkins finished 4th in the men's marathon. Good effort.

Great effort, the championship marathons are always a bit odd as the big guns don't run them. I would reckon Hawkins could go a couple of minutes quicker in one of the big city races

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #180 on: August 6, 2017, 01:22:50 pm »
Great effort, the championship marathons are always a bit odd as the big guns don't run them. I would reckon Hawkins could go a couple of minutes quicker in one of the big city races

Is that for financial reasons? Shame if so.

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: August 6, 2017, 01:26:06 pm »
KJT must have a great chance for a bronze right?

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: August 6, 2017, 01:32:47 pm »
KJT must have a great chance for a bronze right?

A good chance but it will be close. Johnson Thompson has to limit her losses in the javelin though; Vetter's PB is 13m further than KJT's. KJT has the better 800m than Rodriguez and Vetter.

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: August 6, 2017, 01:44:02 pm »
Is that for financial reasons? Shame if so.

Yes. If you're East African big endorsements don't come to you like they do to Mo Farah. The very best East Africans run on the road, prove yourself there & your management company will enter you into one of the 6 marathon majors & that's where the big money is on offer, plus they get appearance fees. Win the major marathon series & you get $250,000. A lot of that they put back into their home towns.

The BBC don't like to tell you that olympics & worlds isn't really the pinnacle of running though

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: August 6, 2017, 01:55:29 pm »
A good chance but it will be close. Johnson Thompson has to limit her losses in the javelin though; Vetter's PB is 13m further than KJT's. KJT has the better 800m than Rodriguez and Vetter.

Ahh forgot about Vetter, produced a massive throw, she's fucked.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: August 6, 2017, 01:58:04 pm »
Yes. If you're East African big endorsements don't come to you like they do to Mo Farah. The very best East Africans run on the road, prove yourself there & your management company will enter you into one of the 6 marathon majors & that's where the big money is on offer, plus they get appearance fees. Win the major marathon series & you get $250,000. A lot of that they put back into their home towns.

The BBC don't like to tell you that olympics & worlds isn't really the pinnacle of running though

Isn't Farah on the verge of moving towards marathon running? I think I read somewhere he'd be moving up to longer distances in the near future once he retired from track racing.

It would be interesting to see how he does there given what you've said about the best African runners being on the road.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #186 on: August 6, 2017, 01:58:18 pm »

Surely having a world title to your name helps brings in the money for thise races? Or can they only manage so manny big races a season?

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: August 6, 2017, 02:04:54 pm »
Isn't Farah on the verge of moving towards marathon running? I think I read somewhere he'd be moving up to longer distances in the near future once he retired from track racing.

It would be interesting to see how he does there given what you've said about the best African runners being on the road.

He'll do well & I wouldn't be surprised if he medals or wins an olympics or worlds. I don't think he'll win one of the big city races, those are won in 2:03, not convinced he has that in him but he has only done the one so maybe if is focus is there.

Surely having a world title to your name helps brings in the money for thise races? Or can they only manage so manny big races a season?

They changed the rules to include the olympics in the major marathon series & that got Kipchoge out last year, so yes you can you these races to establish yourself but once established it's unlikely you run the worlds. They can only race 2-3 times a year, Berlin marathon is in September & that's the fastest course, winning that & breaking the world record is the main goal.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #188 on: August 6, 2017, 02:14:25 pm »
Get in. The Manc Supporting twat lost. 

Smalltime, like a bitter's comment.  ::)
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: August 6, 2017, 02:16:02 pm »
Ahh forgot about Vetter, produced a massive throw, she's fucked.

Yep, Johnson-Thompson's disaster in the high jump has cost her.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: August 6, 2017, 03:13:45 pm »

Clarky Cat?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: August 6, 2017, 03:24:01 pm »
Well, quite.

This graph also looks... wrong somehow.

Yes, it looks wrong because it's fucking awful.  Why does the vertical axis decrease while horizontal axis increases?  What should be the relationship?  Linear? Exponential? Logarithmic?  Inverse? Double-inverse? Power law? 

Here's a better one (needs updating - I'll produce my own when I've got time this week). 

« Last Edit: August 6, 2017, 03:36:25 pm by Peabee »
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: August 6, 2017, 04:02:40 pm »
Hesitant women's marathon this, all sitting in waiting for someone else to pick up the pace. I'm amazed the Africans haven't put in a surge to break the group up

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: August 6, 2017, 06:51:31 pm »
Would like Gatlin to stick two fingers up to the crowd in around a 30 seconds.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: August 6, 2017, 06:58:25 pm »
Michael Johnson is boss. Just slammed Cram down there for talking bollocks.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: August 6, 2017, 07:11:11 pm »

Gatlin gets booed yet Kelly-Ann Baptiste - who was banned for 2 years - gets loads of cheers ;D.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: August 6, 2017, 07:12:30 pm »
What was said mate?

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #197 on: August 6, 2017, 07:21:48 pm »
Some good times being run by the women

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: August 6, 2017, 07:24:28 pm »
Elaine Thompson doesn't even look like she's trying. Amazingly naturally talented.

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #199 on: August 6, 2017, 07:30:00 pm »
Gatlin was banned twice and has shown little to no remorse.

And has had much more media coverage as he was racing against Bolt. I think it's nothing more than the crowd not knowing any other dopers apart from Gatlin.