Author Topic: World Athletics Championships 2017: 4th-13th August 2017  (Read 30637 times)

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Re: World Athletics Championships 2017: 4th-13th August 2017
« Reply #120 on: August 5, 2017, 09:53:08 pm »
Why all the hatred for Gatlin? Is he still on the drugs?

Personally I think drug cheats should get lifetime bans. This c*nt got a second chance and then doped again. He's utter scum.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: August 5, 2017, 09:53:31 pm »
Probably.

What does probably mean. If he's not failed any tests recently, you have to assume he is clean surely? Just like Mo Farah
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: August 5, 2017, 09:54:11 pm »
What does probably mean. If he's not failed any tests recently, you have to assume he is clean surely? Just like Mo Farah
I think he could still be reaping the reward for steroid use through out his career.
IŽll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: August 5, 2017, 09:54:20 pm »

Those drugs stay in your system for a while.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: August 5, 2017, 09:54:30 pm »

Mo Farah who has never failed a drugs test against Gatlin who has done it twice. Not even remotely comparable.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: August 5, 2017, 09:54:37 pm »
Huh, didn't know that KJT got herself up to fourth...set up nicely for tomorrow now

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: August 5, 2017, 09:55:33 pm »

Did Farah ever fail drug tests?

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: August 5, 2017, 09:55:44 pm »
Huh, didn't know that KJT got herself up to fourth...set up nicely for tomorrow now
Smashed the 200m.
IŽll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: August 5, 2017, 09:55:52 pm »
A decade? Like in regular life...you do your punishment and return to society. Lets not act like we don't think that every athlete is probably taking substances that are or innthe future will be deemed illegal.

De Grasse will take over the event now anyway. Doesn't have the charisma but super talent
« Last Edit: August 5, 2017, 09:57:28 pm by b_joseph »

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #129 on: August 5, 2017, 09:56:06 pm »
Probably will win, but he hasn't looked great in either of the races so far.

Yeah kinda had a weird feeling it wasn't gonna happen for him when he was on the blocks.

Something tells me he won't want to go out like that.

Not in that manner to Gatlin. He's only 30, Gatlin is 34 by comparison.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: August 5, 2017, 09:56:12 pm »

She's in with an outside shout of a medal, she has a good long jump and 800m but a poor javelin. Any chance of gold went with her high jump failure earlier unfortunately.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: August 5, 2017, 09:56:45 pm »

He was found positive for performance enhancing drugs twice. The c*nt should've got a life ban.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: August 5, 2017, 09:57:40 pm »
I might be wrong but I feel like Bolt not training and competing in the 200m this year had a detrimental effect to his 100m.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: August 5, 2017, 09:57:51 pm »
Every athlete?? No I wouldn't be bloody watching it if I thought that.. by all means have a steroid olympics, i'd watch it but this certainly isn't it and hopefully isn't anywhere near  ;D

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: August 5, 2017, 09:58:07 pm »

11 years?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: August 5, 2017, 09:58:27 pm »
She's in with an outside shout of a medal, she has a good long jump and 800m but a poor javelin. Any chance of gold went with her high jump failure earlier unfortunately.

Yeah that high jump was disappointing. She looked gutted too. Good thing is she's still in with a shout of a medal with two relatively strong events to come.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: August 5, 2017, 10:01:01 pm »
Did Farah ever fail drug tests?

I never said he did. But he isn't without his doubters. If people assume he is clean, why not Gatlin, who last failed a test 11 years ago? Just because he is British?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: August 5, 2017, 10:01:06 pm »
A decade? Like in regular life...you do your punishment and return to society. Lets not act like we don't think that every athlete is probably taking substances that are or innthe future will be deemed illegal.

De Grasse will take over the event now anyway. Doesn't have the charisma but super talent

Yes maybe not i am not making excuses i am just saying that i read a report about those drugs staying in the system for a while.

But make no mistake seeing Gatlin win is shit for the sport.

As for De Grasse, he has a long recovery ahead after tearing a hamstring.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: August 5, 2017, 10:01:29 pm »
11 years?

There are studies that show permanent performance enhancing effects from steroid use. It would certainly explain why a 34 year old drugs cheat has beaten a much better 30 year old non drugs cheat.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24730151

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: August 5, 2017, 10:02:23 pm »
I never said he did. But he isn't without his doubters. If people assume he is clean, why not Gatlin, who last failed a test 11 years ago? Just because he is British?

No i am saying I read a report i am not saying he isnt clean now.

Anyway, Gatlin is a proven cheater. Mo Farah isnt a proven cheater. Drug cheats should never be allowed to return.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: August 5, 2017, 10:02:56 pm »
11 years?
If you've took test to reach a bigger size than you naturally capable of couldn't you be potentially maintaining that unnatural mass beyond the cycle of steroids? I would have thought so and the article below backs that up

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24730151

New research suggests that athletes who use steroids for a short period can benefit for their entire careers.
Experiments with mice showed that a brief exposure to testosterone allowed the mice to rapidly regain muscle later in their lives.
The scientist behind the study says that if a similar effect can be shown in humans, it should lead to a lifetime ban for dopers.
The research has been published in the Journal of Physiology.
Norwegian scientists had previously published work that showed the existence of a "muscle memory".
This suggested that if people exercised when they were young, their muscles grew more easily when they exercised later in life.

The same team has now looked at the impact of a brief exposure to testosterone on mice.
They found that three months after the drug was withdrawn, their muscles grew by 30% after six days of exercise. A control group of mice saw growth of just 6% in the same time period.

"It is rare to have data that clear cut, I was pretty satisfied with that," Prof Kristian Gundersen, from the University of Oslo, told BBC News.
He explained that the drugs boost the number of cell nuclei in the muscle fibres.

These nuclei are key to building strength in muscles when people exercise and the mouse study suggests that these extra nuclei gained through using testosterone remain in the long term.
Prof Gundersen believes the same holds true for humans.
Despite the long held belief that steroid users lose the benefit of the drugs when they stop taking them, the Norwegian research suggests that even a brief exposure to steroids could have a long-lasting effect.
"If it is sufficient to build muscle mass, I think it would be sufficient to give you this long term effect. I think it could last 10 years but I don't have the data to back that up. It would be my speculation yes," he said.
The Norwegians believe that their research calls into question the current proposal from the World Anti Doping Agency (Wada) to raise the penalty for dopers from two years to four.

"In science if you cheat, you are out for life, and my personal view is that it should be similar for athletes," he said.
"It is a harsh treatment but if you really are cheating, I think that's reasonable."
The team has been given a grant from Wada to carry out further research on humans. They are developing the protocols for a study involving students at a sports college in Oslo.
The research follows on from work that was carried out in Sweden in the past few years.
Researchers found that power lifters who have stopped taking steroids had an advantage in their sport years after they stopped using the drugs.
The researchers discovered that the lifters who had once taken the drugs had a comparable number of cell nuclei in their quadriceps as athletes who were currently performing high intensity training.

Offline gritsvanilla

• Legacy Fan
  • A Light Souffle With Razor Blades
« Reply #141 on: August 5, 2017, 10:04:18 pm »
Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Made up I must be the only person on the planet who can't stand the c*nt, full of himself manc supporting twat, thank Christ I didn't have to see him do his fucking idiotic celebration. One of the greatest sprinters ever but I've just never warmed to him, if he was a bar of chocolate he would eat himself.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: August 5, 2017, 10:05:10 pm »
Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Made up I must be the only person on the planet who can't stand the c*nt, full of himself manc supporting twat, thank Christ I didn't have to see him do his fucking idiotic celebration. One of the greatest sprinters ever but I've just never warmed to him, if he was a bar of chocolate he would eat himself.
hahaha even though I couldn't disagree more but that made me laugh.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: August 5, 2017, 10:05:32 pm »

Wouldve been funnier had he finished 6th.  :D

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #144 on: August 5, 2017, 10:05:50 pm »
Get in. The Manc Supporting twat lost. 

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: August 5, 2017, 10:07:27 pm »

Wouldve been funnier had he finished 6th.  :D

;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #146 on: August 5, 2017, 10:07:40 pm »
Was hoping to get home in time to watch it, I'm glad I didn't now. Not the greatest way to go out. Not that it means anything in the grand scheme of all Bolt has accomplished, it's just...well anyone but Gatlin basically.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: August 5, 2017, 10:08:03 pm »
It's not like he's a proper Manc though is he, he's some Jamaican bloke. I bet if we offered him a contract he'd sign for us.  ;D obviously wouldn't happen with FSG.  :no

Offline TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: August 5, 2017, 10:09:45 pm »
Hope Justin Gatlin comes out and professes his love for Man United in his post race interview.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #149 on: August 5, 2017, 10:10:36 pm »

I don't think it's suspicion that he's on drugs now rather he cheated twice and quite clearly gained a lot from being on drugs for quite a long time

Kinda like robbing a bank and then going to prison for five years and then coming out and keeping the money
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: August 5, 2017, 10:11:53 pm »
Bored of hearing about Bolt now. We get it, he's retiring. The sport will still exist.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: August 5, 2017, 10:12:37 pm »
Bored of hearing about Bolt now. We get it, he's retiring. The sport will still exist.

A massive hole though with him gone.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: August 5, 2017, 10:13:11 pm »
I don't follow the logic.. one was caught taking drugs, the other has always been clean. Why are we assuming everyone takes drugs again?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: August 5, 2017, 10:14:43 pm »

Somebody will come through and be the face of athletics. Maybe not the same kind of personality but there's still loads of talent around; Van Niekerk, Thiam to name a couple.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: August 5, 2017, 10:15:14 pm »
Haha.. on the day of the last race of the fastest man ever at running the 100m and 200m you decide to remark your bored of him.  ;D  Do you think his time is going to go anytime soon it's been in tact since 2009.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: August 5, 2017, 10:15:26 pm »
Mohamed Salah will make up for it

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: August 5, 2017, 10:15:40 pm »
I don't follow the logic.. one was caught taking drugs, the other has always been clean. Why are we assuming everyone takes drugs again?

Because if you are British, you get a free pass in sports. If you are not found to cheat, then it was because you were British why you got away with it.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: August 5, 2017, 10:16:13 pm »
Haha.. on the day of the last race of the fastest man ever at running the 100m and 200m you decide to remark your bored of him.  ;D  Do you think his time is going to go anytime soon it's been in tact since 2009.

I don't like him that much. Best sprinter ever but they're going on like he's retiring and taking the sport with him.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: August 5, 2017, 10:17:52 pm »
Somebody will come through and be the face of athletics. Maybe not the same kind of personality but there's still loads of talent around; Van Niekerk, Thiam to name a couple.

Of course but he is a once in a lifetime great so the sport, certainly for the upcoming several years, will be the poorer for it. It also doesnt help that the sport is so rife with drug stories as well.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: August 5, 2017, 10:18:40 pm »
Whether you like him or not this is absolutely sickening;

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/X9isSTi-PIM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/X9isSTi-PIM</a>
« Last Edit: August 5, 2017, 10:23:27 pm by ggcc14 »