Author Topic: SM on the QT  (Read 135930 times)

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
Re: SM on the QT
« Reply #1240 on: January 13, 2018, 04:12:37 pm »
only if every one they are using is a cs,
they will be streaming from legit boxes
Ah yes, read that wrong. So virgin are just blocking cardsharing. Will probably hit some IPTV providers but hopefully it's nothing they can't work around.

I wonder if stream off legit boxes is easy, maybe they stream off CS for a reason?
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1241 on: January 13, 2018, 04:46:17 pm »
Ah yes, read that wrong. So virgin are just blocking cardsharing. Will probably hit some IPTV providers but hopefully it's nothing they can't work around.

I wonder if stream off legit boxes is easy, maybe they stream off CS for a reason?

yes virgin have been phasing in cardless receivers for a while now
HD sport rumoured 1st to go on Jan 31.
few regions have went dark already, Leicester I think was one

Online blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1242 on: January 14, 2018, 09:15:04 pm »
First time that my Flawless has been pretty crap.

Running it through Kodi and even Flawless starting up seemed to take ages. Tried the SKY ones and they worked fine for a bit and then went into stutter/pause mode (missed our first but got the replay) and it was the same on HD and SD feeds.

Pretty much exactly the same on the Live EPL feed.

I ran the built in speedtest and that was fine (ping 22 and DL of 98M).

I popped onto Covenant and got a 1080P movie feed running with no problems.

I've not needed a VPN lately but used flawless on my phone on 4G to check and it ran smoothly which would imply it was a VM issue (blocking/throttling/??)

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1243 on: January 15, 2018, 09:06:38 am »
Mine was fine today.  I rarely watch on the Sky channels - usually use the US/Canadian ones.  Didn't have a vpn running.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1244 on: January 15, 2018, 12:19:04 pm »
Anybody with BT for fibre: any problems using FL? Needing a VPN or anything? Just asking before I go ahead and sign up.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1245 on: January 15, 2018, 08:25:45 pm »
Anybody with BT for fibre: any problems using FL? Needing a VPN or anything? Just asking before I go ahead and sign up.

I'm with BT - fibre direct to house.  So far have had a pretty smooth ride with FL.  Not had to use a VPN very often.  Am currently watching without vpn.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1246 on: January 15, 2018, 10:04:41 pm »
VPN needed after half time tonight with FL, first time since using it.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1247 on: January 18, 2018, 01:55:36 pm »
So does SM still require a VPN for those of us in the UK? I've been using floorlegs with 0 problems since I moved. ISP is Virgi.n and no VPN required for anything.

Online Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1248 on: January 18, 2018, 11:44:06 pm »
So does SM still require a VPN for those of us in the UK? I've been using floorlegs with 0 problems since I moved. ISP is Virgi.n and no VPN required for anything.
Not sure if anyone on here is still using it to be honest.

Floorless has been having a few problems this week with them doing changes for the fix tomorrow that hopefully means no blocks ever again.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1249 on: January 19, 2018, 09:22:01 am »
Not sure if anyone on here is still using it to be honest.

Floorless has been having a few problems this week with them doing changes for the fix tomorrow that hopefully means no blocks ever again.

I don't know anyone that still uses SM. Did see Merc tweet the other day that they're getting new payment system again.
I'm using something else entirely. It's pretty good. Don't recall it ever going tits up during whatever it is I'm watching. If there are any lags or glitches, it's whenever the event is over, and only takes a channel change to sort.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1250 on: January 20, 2018, 12:45:53 am »
yes it does
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1251 on: January 20, 2018, 03:52:59 pm »
VPN needed for me today

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1252 on: January 20, 2018, 03:53:39 pm »
Yeah it's gone to shit today

Mine will load in the end without vpn but it takes about 30 seconds

Edit: down Now

Another service gone the same way as sm. If you need a vpn it's not worthwhile. Shouldn't have to pay for something on top of a subscription, no matter how kosha or not it is.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 04:14:20 pm by Yulelogs Upinsmoke »

Online Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1253 on: January 20, 2018, 04:35:00 pm »
They have changed things around on Friday to beat the blocks once and for all, probably just teething problems with that.

And it's not down for me, working sound.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 04:37:53 pm by Shady Craig »

Online Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1254 on: January 20, 2018, 04:51:50 pm »
Terrible today. Hopefully it’ll be fine for our game.

Online Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1255 on: January 20, 2018, 08:55:04 pm »
Hopefully sorted by next weekend then going by the answer to this lads question

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #1256 on: January 20, 2018, 09:09:58 pm »
Can anyone PM any info on how to get started with this. Cheers
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Online Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1257 on: January 20, 2018, 10:20:17 pm »
Started with what mate?

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1258 on: January 20, 2018, 11:36:55 pm »
If you are willing to pay a little bit more than what flawless costs, go with Vader. It's the best I've used by far.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1259 on: January 21, 2018, 11:01:19 am »
If you are willing to pay a little bit more than what flawless costs, go with Vader. It's the best I've used by far.

How much is it?

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1260 on: January 21, 2018, 12:08:11 pm »
I would agree, plus you can use it on 3 devices simultaneously. Will be renewing my sub this month.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1261 on: January 21, 2018, 12:10:55 pm »
How much is it?
Depends on who you sub from, £60-65 for 6 months usually.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1262 on: January 21, 2018, 12:25:18 pm »
Depends on who you sub from, £60-65 for 6 months usually.

So it's resellers?

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1263 on: January 21, 2018, 01:06:46 pm »
So it's resellers?
I've not seen it sold directly but maybe I've not looked in the right places?

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1264 on: January 21, 2018, 01:11:03 pm »
My SM sub expires tomorrow  >:(

They have been awesome recently for me even with a VPN on but I just don't want to pay with bitcoin which means I need a new service. FL seems to be used quite a lot but reading the comments on here I'm not sure they will have a working stream for our game tomorrow. Is there any other widely used service I can look into? Unless people think I should go with FL for tomorrow?

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1265 on: January 21, 2018, 01:16:49 pm »
My SM sub expires tomorrow  >:(

They have been awesome recently for me even with a VPN on but I just don't want to pay with bitcoin which means I need a new service. FL seems to be used quite a lot but reading the comments on here I'm not sure they will have a working stream for our game tomorrow. Is there any other widely used service I can look into? Unless people think I should go with FL for tomorrow?

Flawless has been working with a vpn for me on my phone. The problem i have is i can't get a free one on the Nvidia shield. If you've got a vpn already it should work okay. A 48hr trial is a couple of quid.

Online Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1266 on: January 21, 2018, 05:55:56 pm »
No issues at all today, no VPN needed either.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1267 on: January 21, 2018, 05:57:15 pm »
No issues at all today, no VPN needed either.

Same. Interesting

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1268 on: January 21, 2018, 06:42:19 pm »
Flawless has been working with a vpn for me on my phone. The problem i have is i can't get a free one on the Nvidia shield. If you've got a vpn already it should work okay. A 48hr trial is a couple of quid.

Sounds good. Will go with the trial and see how it goes.

Online Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1269 on: January 21, 2018, 06:59:39 pm »
Floorless only working for me with a VPN today but sound with it on. Just seen the FB post saying they have tweaked the fix and rolled out another update, version 0.8. It's not showing on mine yet but will see in a couple of days. I've updated the url on perfect player so that's good to go now anyway.

Online Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1270 on: January 21, 2018, 07:04:31 pm »
What will happen when the block hits them though, I was going to get Vader over Christmas as a back up with all our non televised matches but FL was pretty sound with a VPN that I have now anyway. The block seems to be getting to everyone eventually.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1271 on: January 22, 2018, 12:58:52 am »
My sub is currently offering 6 months for £20 with a promo code of flawless :D

Quite a few have moved over from FL this weekend it seems
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1272 on: January 23, 2018, 02:29:05 pm »
To be honest Flooorless was pretty poor over the weekend what with all the various URL changes/codes generated etc for all the different systems. However, they did say it was going to be painful. I couldnt even log into it at various times over the weekend and when I could it was constantly buffering and then kicking me out of the stream, or at times out of the add on itself. (I'm using it through Kodi)

They updated the add on yesterday and our match streamed perfectly for me on Full HD. No VPN and I'm on VM.

Hopefully thats it sorted.

Am going to look at putting it on my Samsung TV on the iptv app. I tried it on my Hisense TV and it just errored with URL not found. There's new instructions out now so I'll give it a go on both and see what happens.

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1273 on: January 23, 2018, 02:38:18 pm »
To be honest Flooorless was pretty poor over the weekend what with all the various URL changes/codes generated etc for all the different systems. However, they did say it was going to be painful. I couldnt even log into it at various times over the weekend and when I could it was constantly buffering and then kicking me out of the stream, or at times out of the add on itself. (I'm using it through Kodi)

They updated the add on yesterday and our match streamed perfectly for me on Full HD. No VPN and I'm on VM.

Hopefully thats it sorted.

Am going to look at putting it on my Samsung TV on the iptv app. I tried it on my Hisense TV and it just errored with URL not found. There's new instructions out now so I'll give it a go on both and see what happens.

I switched from Kodi to Smart iptv and there is no looking back, it has lived up to it's name so far (Flawlss). I had to update the url last night but no bother, perfect again after.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1274 on: January 23, 2018, 07:28:40 pm »
Perfect Player works well for Fire TV devices.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1275 on: January 23, 2018, 07:45:59 pm »
What will happen when the block hits them though, I was going to get Vader over Christmas as a back up with all our non televised matches but FL was pretty sound with a VPN that I have now anyway. The block seems to be getting to everyone eventually.
Having tried V (albeit through a hooky deal I got ) I'd be happy enough to sign up for another sub, streams are really good quality and nice be to able to get it on three devices at once. Never had to use a VPN in the time I used it. Match Centre was good.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 07:47:31 pm by tedmus »

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1276 on: January 23, 2018, 10:01:46 pm »
Perfect Player works well for Fire TV devices.
Is there a easy way to set it up in Perfect player on Firestick. seems a long long long URL and sign in on the set ups advice ive seen
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1277 on: January 24, 2018, 12:48:09 am »
Is there a easy way to set it up in Perfect player on Firestick. seems a long long long URL and sign in on the set ups advice ive seen

Not used PP myself but you will find putting the url in easier if you get the fire remote app for your phone.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1278 on: January 24, 2018, 02:16:50 am »
If using FL they have a url generator which shortens the links.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1279 on: January 24, 2018, 02:29:12 am »
If using FL they have a url generator which shortens the links.
Thanks I can bring it up on my PC but no idea how to bring it up on fire stick.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis