Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2820463 times)

Offline JohnBarnesBigToe

• Legacy Fan
  • We decide when it's over
Re: Salah named African Footballer of the Year 2017
« Reply #2200 on: December 11, 2017, 07:26:57 pm »
Congratulations Mo  ;D
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques". Bill Shankly

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2201 on: December 11, 2017, 07:56:54 pm »
Well that's Mane not passing to him at the next opportunity!

haha.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #2202 on: December 11, 2017, 08:01:37 pm »
Well deserved. He's had a fantastic 12 months
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2203 on: December 11, 2017, 08:08:28 pm »
Roma is probably losing their mind for selling him for 35M only. Go on Salah lad, you will be Ballon d'Or candidate.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #2204 on: December 11, 2017, 08:11:28 pm »
Couldn't have gone to a nicer Egyptian.  Well in Mo!

:wellin

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
Re: Liverpool FC complete signing of Mohamed Salah
« Reply #2205 on: December 11, 2017, 08:38:40 pm »
I'm just sad that he didn't score a pace goal against the Bitters

Me too. Salah was quick to admit that.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2206 on: December 11, 2017, 09:47:00 pm »
Well deserved Mohammed! Now keep this form up if you wanna win the next year's award!
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2207 on: December 12, 2017, 12:11:28 am »
Such an unassuming guy, thoroughly deserves this award.

We, as fans of the best football club in the World are lucky to have in in our team.

Looks to me to be a player that feels at home (reminds me of Dalglish in his first season - and he sorta turned out ok'ish)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2208 on: December 12, 2017, 12:34:27 am »
mashallah, get in Salah ! Well pleased for him. Very humble bloke by all accounts

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2209 on: December 12, 2017, 12:47:24 am »
Beautiful brilliant Mo, well done, well earned.
Keep on bossing it and doing this  ::) to defenders.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2210 on: December 12, 2017, 03:28:46 am »
It is probably a good thing that all awards are not done using public voting or he would end up missing matches for us when he went to collect his Oscar and Nobel prizes.  ;D

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2211 on: December 12, 2017, 03:57:19 am »
It is probably a good thing that all awards are not done using public voting or he would end up missing matches for us when he went to collect his Oscar and Nobel prizes.  ;D

his social media following is insane. He's in the top 50 according to ESPN's ranking in terms of following on social media in all of sports.

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2212 on: December 12, 2017, 08:26:29 am »
We bought the lad from Roma and he scores every game
He's Egyptian and he's brilliant and Mohammed's his name
Mo Salah-la-la-la-la, Mo Sa-lah-la
Mo Salah-la-la-la-la, Mo-Sa-lah-la

https://twitter.com/AwayDaysVideos/status/937406245698404352
Made on our beer table in Seville. And its picking up well. 

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2213 on: December 12, 2017, 08:52:53 am »
I love thinking of Chelsea fans watching his performances this season on MOTD. The anguish.

They gave away Salah and KDB. Mental plastics.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2214 on: December 12, 2017, 09:06:40 am »
Well deserved Mohammed! Now keep this form up if you wanna win the next year's award!

It's possible the award gets handed to a Liverpool player anyway. Would be interesting if we sign Aubameyang. Put him alongside Keita, Mane & Salah and we've got our very own African Player of the Year competition ;D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 09:10:45 am by mc_red22 »

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #2215 on: December 12, 2017, 10:25:16 am »
Found this. I'd not seen his reaction to the Congo equaliser before. Had me welling up I can tell you  :)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kimdNx8WP0c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kimdNx8WP0c</a>

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #2216 on: December 12, 2017, 10:53:28 am »
Well done Salah, and we also have the second best African Player of the year too, in Mane.

Keita to come soon.

The only way is up.
Doubters to Believers

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #2217 on: December 12, 2017, 12:36:47 pm »
First Africa, next, the world!
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2218 on: December 12, 2017, 01:02:36 pm »
I'm expecting him to get the Ballon D'or next year.
You only get that if you play for Madrid or Barca though  :-X
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2219 on: December 12, 2017, 01:12:36 pm »
You only get that if you play for Madrid or Barca though  :-X

We are better than both.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline Jeieli

• Gino Oh Gino Gin-nel-leee
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #2220 on: December 12, 2017, 03:28:04 pm »
Just heard Mo Salah song in tune of Piano Man played with guitar and loved it. Have to ask if he wants to share it here.

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2221 on: December 12, 2017, 03:39:07 pm »
It's possible the award gets handed to a Liverpool player anyway. Would be interesting if we sign Aubameyang. Put him alongside Keita, Mane & Salah and we've got our very own African Player of the Year competition ;D

Throw Koulibaly into the back four while we're at it ;)

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2222 on: December 12, 2017, 04:08:14 pm »
Would love that.  :wave

Though Auba is not getting in our team with Firmino here ;)
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2223 on: December 12, 2017, 11:05:32 pm »

What? There absolutely would not have been an outcry if Klopp didn't sub him off in a million years. It was 1-0 in a derby, keep your best player on the pitch until the game is won. Our next match is West Brom, I'm sure every fan in the world would have rather seen Salah for 90 minutes today and rested on Wednesday than being brought off today. It was a poor decision by Klopp unfortunately, Solanke should have been the one going off.
The poor decision by Klopp was not taking off out best player and goalscorer Salah when we were 5 up at home vs Spartak. Instead he took off Firmino who didn't even play yesterday and Lovren.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2224 on: December 12, 2017, 11:17:17 pm »
The poor decision by Klopp was not taking off out best player and goalscorer Salah when we were 5 up at home vs Spartak. Instead he took off Firmino who didn't even play yesterday and Lovren.

Let it go man.  Let it go.

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #2225 on: December 12, 2017, 11:48:50 pm »
For all the hysterics out there, there was a reason Salah was taken off against Everton, the manager wasn't just doing it to piss you off.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/12/liverpool-forwardmohamed-salah-likely-rested-visit-west-brom/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 12:25:56 am by istvan kozma »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2226 on: December 13, 2017, 12:50:46 am »
Let it go man.  Let it go.

He needs to go have a word with himself

He took of Firmino probably because Firmino had played in the last 4,5 matches previously. he took off Lovren probably because  he[Lovren] felt he had an issue. And the early injury to Moreno messed up what he could do with the rest.

And turns out Salah felt his hamstring against Everton.

But clearly some of you know better how our players are feeling and what kind of condition are in.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2227 on: December 13, 2017, 04:33:42 am »

He needs to go have a word with himself

He took of Firmino probably because Firmino had played in the last 4,5 matches previously. he took off Lovren probably because  he[Lovren] felt he had an issue. And the early injury to Moreno messed up what he could do with the rest.

And turns out Salah felt his hamstring against Everton.

But clearly some of you know better how our players are feeling and what kind of condition are in.
Defacto is quiet an apt username as Firmino had started the last two matches not 4,5. He was rested vs Chelsea but whatever.

Offline Jeieli

• Gino Oh Gino Gin-nel-leee
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #2228 on: December 13, 2017, 12:39:06 pm »
As mentioned earlier, Mr. Heikkinen, first ten seconds of video blank but will show up after that.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V7aJVgDF0RMZHIskFcvm0S_6Xx_oIrBx/view?usp=sharing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2229 on: December 13, 2017, 01:35:22 pm »
Defacto is quiet an apt username as Firmino had started the last two matches not 4,5. He was rested vs Chelsea but whatever.

He started against Stoke, he started against Brighton, he started against Spartak. 3 games in a space of 10 days, no? Or that didnt happen? He played 3 consevutive matches in a short period of time. That is the point. Whether it be 4 or 5 isneithere here or there, I used numbers off the top of my head.

But youve missed the point entirely. Him being rested has fuck all to do with the matches that followed and the intensity that was put in said matches in that period of time.

Offline pjk66

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2231 on: December 13, 2017, 03:26:51 pm »
Really hope he plays tonight. Would love to see him action  first match in 3 years. In the Kop. Happy days

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..

Offline robb95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2233 on: December 16, 2017, 05:09:31 pm »
Ok bit off the current track here.
I'm absolutely made up with him, like a lot, I was questioning klopp when we signed him. Don't get me wrong, I wanted us to sign him before he chose the Chelsea over us. He's been sensational.
More so because I think he's got the perfect players around him which pushes him to a whole new level. So much so that Real are now linked to him. I'm a little unsettled with this because, he's shown he has no club loyalty, he went to Chelsea over us due to him thinking that would be a more successful move... Not so much.
Goes to Rome, pulls his socks up then we come back for him, he thinks that we would be able to further his career in a better league with us, so he signs for us. There's a trend there, and who can blame him, it's Real Madrid.
This brings me on to my point, it always happens to us.
We start building a great team, around players with potential, who are either on the crasp of realising their potential or they've not progressed. We take them in, make them world beaters. Our team on the verge of great things but then they get noticed by the only other teams bigger than us and leave. Setting us back years.
Instead of wanting to win things with us, they go to a already great team who win a lot of trophies/cups.
It's happening already with Courtinho, I'm afraid Salah will be next. Maybe Mané too.
Just losing 1 of these players will set us back loads, we've built our team around Courtinho, getting a player who can do the same job is going to be heard. Finding another Salah, again is going to be hard.
I just hope Salah realises that he's in the best team for him and not look at the bright lights of the Spanish teams like Courtinho, Luis, Xabi, Mascherano, even Owen and McManaman. Add Torres to that list.
If we kept hold of these players in the past, we would be better than we are now.
I'm afraid time is going to repeat it's self over and over again with Salah next.
Sorry to piss on everyone's Salahfest, it's just so frustrating knowing if these players stuck around they would not only make us great again, but they would become legends
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious.
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2234 on: December 16, 2017, 05:12:47 pm »
Let's start winning things then. One League Cup in a decade isn't enough for a club like ours and palyers want to win stuff.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2235 on: December 16, 2017, 05:15:09 pm »
Ok bit off the current track here.
I'm absolutely made up with him, like a lot, I was questioning klopp when we signed him. Don't get me wrong, I wanted us to sign him before he chose the Chelsea over us. He's been sensational.
More so because I think he's got the perfect players around him which pushes him to a whole new level. So much so that Real are now linked to him. I'm a little unsettled with this because, he's shown he has no club loyalty, he went to Chelsea over us due to him thinking that would be a more successful move... Not so much.
Goes to Rome, pulls his socks up then we come back for him, he thinks that we would be able to further his career in a better league with us, so he signs for us. There's a trend there, and who can blame him, it's Real Madrid.
This brings me on to my point, it always happens to us.
We start building a great team, around players with potential, who are either on the crasp of realising their potential or they've not progressed. We take them in, make them world beaters. Our team on the verge of great things but then they get noticed by the only other teams bigger than us and leave. Setting us back years.
Instead of wanting to win things with us, they go to a already great team who win a lot of trophies/cups.
It's happening already with Courtinho, I'm afraid Salah will be next. Maybe Mané too.
Just losing 1 of these players will set us back loads, we've built our team around Courtinho, getting a player who can do the same job is going to be heard. Finding another Salah, again is going to be hard.
I just hope Salah realises that he's in the best team for him and not look at the bright lights of the Spanish teams like Courtinho, Luis, Xabi, Mascherano, even Owen and McManaman. Add Torres to that list.
If we kept hold of these players in the past, we would be better than we are now.
I'm afraid time is going to repeat it's self over and over again with Salah next.
Sorry to piss on everyone's Salahfest, it's just so frustrating knowing if these players stuck around they would not only make us great again, but they would become legends

He isnt going anywhere this summer.

Offline robb95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2236 on: December 16, 2017, 05:19:28 pm »
I know, but next the season after just as we're a couple of players away from challenging not only at home but in Europe. Instead we have to find replacements, bed them in to the team which again takes a few seasons. By that time our next top players is on the vergers of leaving. That's my point. It shouldn't be like this. We are Liverpool FC! Best club in the world
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious.
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #2237 on: December 16, 2017, 05:20:57 pm »
Let's start winning things then. One League Cup in a decade isn't enough for a club like ours and palyers want to win stuff.

It's part of the danger of adding one 1st team player during the summer transfer window, that 1 player could be sensational but he's unlikely to be enough to propel us to trophies. So when the window rolls round again and we've won nothing yet again, our best players are more than happy to listen to offers from teams that regularly win things. We should've added 2 more top players to our starting 11 last summer, enough to give us a real chance of challenging. It was a massive missed opportunity in my opinion, yet again.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #2238 on: December 17, 2017, 05:25:15 pm »
Salah reminds me of George Best. Don't get me wrong he's not as good as George and he is much more direct than Best was but when Best was direct, which he often was, Salah is exactly like him.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2239 on: December 17, 2017, 08:34:44 pm »
He's one of the best players in the world. He doesn't make mistakes. Whether it be a pass, a decision, a certain run in behind. Nothing is wasted with him, the only other player in the league who's like that in terms of doing 'everything right' is KDB for me.