Author Topic: "Brian Epstein died for you"  (Read 4308 times)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
"Brian Epstein died for you"
« on: June 11, 2017, 10:10:31 pm »
Anyone know wtf they're about?

For anyone who hasn't seen them...

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
Re: "Brian Epstein died for you"
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 11:39:02 pm »
Is it KLF back again?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 04:21:28 pm »
Oh, art. Hmm. Don't know who's funded them but what a waste of fucking money.

Agreed.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 12:26:17 pm »
I don't mind public art.

I'd rather see weird quotes like that than adverts telling me to buy stupid shit I don't need.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 01:06:11 pm »
I don't mind public art.

I'd rather see weird quotes like that than adverts telling me to buy stupid shit I don't need.

Agreed, it's a bit weird but better than a fuck off advert for sky

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 12:48:30 pm »
It was Jesus last time I looked .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 02:01:10 pm »
It was Jesus last time I looked .

Brian Epstein died for Jesus?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2017, 11:18:19 am »
Jesus saves but dalglish nets the rebound...classic.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 01:23:32 pm »
Makes you shudder how much someone was paid to come up with this flash of genius.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 02:54:47 pm »
Jesus saves but dalglish nets the rebound...classic.

Showing my age - it was St John for me.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 04:55:06 pm »
Showing my age - it was St John for me.

Same here. Urban myth was it was actually on a poster on a church somewhere but no one could sat where it was.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2017, 06:09:55 pm »
Same here. Urban myth was it was actually on a poster on a church somewhere but no one could sat where it was.
It was supposedly on a poster at this church here. The Wesleyan on the corner of Walton Breck and Oakfield.

Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2017, 03:43:48 pm »
Off topic,  but someone asked shanks what would he do if god came to liverpool, shanks said he would move st john to inside right!  alan x it was st john your correct.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 04:31:14 pm »

I always assumed it was at St Michaels on the corner of Adshead Road and Queens Drive.

I remember back in the early 60's before that junction layout got modified, sometimes being taken down that route from West Derby many times by my Dad to get to to my Nans at Kemlyn and that church always had large posters up back then exhorting sinners to repent and be saved or God will have his mighty vengeance, and other variations on that theme.

I suppose without hard evidence, it's likely several churches around the general Anfield vicinity could probably lay claim, and quite possibly, it was a poster modified on more than one of them.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 04:40:36 pm »
I always assumed it was at St Michaels on the corner of Adshead Road and Queens Drive.

I remember back in the early 60's before that junction layout got modified, sometimes being taken down that route from West Derby many times by my Dad to get to to my Nans at Kemlyn and that church always had large posters up back then exhorting sinners to repent and be saved or God will have his mighty vengeance, and other variations on that theme.

I suppose without hard evidence, it's likely several churches around the general Anfield vicinity could probably lay claim, and quite possibly, it was a poster modified on more than one of them.
You mean St Andrews?

The story as I recall it was it being on the church by the ground...St Andies is a bit too far away from Anfield.

This is St Andrews from the Adshead Road side.

Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2017, 06:14:22 pm »

That's the one (it's been a long time...)
Back in the early 60's, it was a short cut route to Anfield from Queens Drive West Derby direction, veer left down Adshead and then onto Maiden lane then left onto Townsend then right onto Walton Breck after Georgesons.
As you approached the church from Queens drive and turned left onto Adshead which you used to be able to do before the junction was re-modelled, the church was then on your right and there were always big 'Jesus' type signs at the front of the building facing out to the junction.

I expect Vic might be the one to know.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 06:17:09 pm by The Gulleysucker »
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)