Author Topic: Huddersfield Town Football Club  (Read 37177 times)

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Re: Huddersfield Town Football Club
« Reply #40 on: July 6, 2017, 03:27:08 am »
They seem to be signing a lot of players in a short period of time. Given their financial stature and the cheap season tickets for long-time holders, you have to wonder about the long-term effects of this. Additionally, newly promoted clubs who have signed a lot a players in a short-period of time tend to see it backfire.

They don't really have a choice given how many players they had in on loan last season.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: July 6, 2017, 08:32:30 am »
I don't think their spending will be a problem, their chairman loves the club and he's not stupid so he won't risk their financial future. The players they've bought are fairly young and would have some resale value if necessary and I'd guess they're on contracts with decent clauses on for wage drops depending on the division they're playing in. Additionally their promotion was worth something like £200m to them even if they go straight back down, that money will last Huddersfield for years, I think their expenditure last year was only something like £13m in total.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #42 on: July 7, 2017, 08:56:07 pm »
They signed  central defender Mathias Zanka from FC Copenhagen for 3.5 mill too.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2017, 12:02:49 am »
David Wagner has confirmed Huddersfield Town will listen to serious offers for striker Nahki Wells.

The Bermudian frontman, who is out of contract at the end of the coming season, played a big part in helping the club win promotion to the Premier League, netting 10 goals.

Town, however, have signed two strikers in the closed season – Steve Mounié for £11.5m from Montpellier and Laurent Depoitre for £3.5m from Porto – and Wagner concedes Wells, who missed the 2-1 friendly defeat by Udinese with an ankle injury, faces strong competition for a starting shirt.

“Everybody can see how high the quality is of the strikers we’ve brought in,” said Wagner, who watched Tom Ince score his fourth goal of pre-season against the Italian Serie A side.

“There is Mounié, Depoitre and we still have Elias Kachunga and Collin Quaner who are able to play there.

“This isn’t the best situation for Nahki and, of course, he is the name who is on the market – so we will listen if there is some serious interest in him.”

Wells, who made 47 appearances in total for Town last season, including the play-off final at Wembley, was previously Town's record £1.3m signing from Bradford City, has been linked most recently with beaten opponents Reading.

Seems like Wagner is trying to force Wells out the door.. shame from what i'd seen of him he looks a natural goalscorer and I was looking forward to seeing how he performed in the Premier League.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2017, 01:15:51 am »
They've got a pretty big squad, I guess they need to trim it. And they've bought in a load of new players, but haven't seen many leaving yet, apart from a couple loan players.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2017, 05:07:03 pm »
This Mounie guy looks like a bit of a steal. Can't say I know much about him to be honest.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2017, 05:08:04 pm »
Made up for them.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2017, 05:08:45 pm »
What a day for them. Brilliant.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2017, 05:40:40 pm »
Brilliant, lass I know is in tears. Top,top,top of the league

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2017, 05:44:40 pm »
Brilliant, lass I know is in tears.

Same old Ziltoid.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2017, 07:34:06 pm »
It's a strange thing.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2017, 07:37:53 pm »
This Mounie guy looks like a bit of a steal. Can't say I know much about him to be honest.

Mounie well spent if you ask me...

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2017, 07:39:14 pm »

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2017, 07:41:40 pm »

Huddersfield doing well is okay with me if these are the scenes we're presented with.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2017, 09:19:04 pm »
My dad followed Huddersfield Town all his life. When he was a boy Town were one of the greatest teams in the land. League victories, Cup victories. He saw Shankly as manager and Denis Law, Ray Wilson and Frankie Worthington as players. He introduced me to football and took me to my first game at Anfield. He's dead now, but today, August 12, is his birthday. And Town are top of the league!
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2017, 09:28:17 pm »

Huddersfield doing well is okay with me if these are the scenes we're presented with.
Huddersfield top of the league ...Make it so.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2017, 09:29:31 pm »
Same old Ziltoid.

I know, really was that good for her.

In fact I did whisper in her ear that it'd be only downhill from here.

She whispered back "its only fucking Newcastle next"
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:35:31 pm by Ziltoid »

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2017, 10:18:25 pm »
Crazy to see my local team top of the league. Hope they stay there all season  ;D

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2017, 10:26:32 pm »
My dad followed Huddersfield Town all his life. When he was a boy Town were one of the greatest teams in the land. League victories, Cup victories. He saw Shankly as manager and Denis Law, Ray Wilson and Frankie Worthington as players. He introduced me to football and took me to my first game at Anfield. He's dead now, but today, August 12, is his birthday. And Town are top of the league!

Beautiful stuff mate. I'm buzzing for everybody associated with the club.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2017, 10:33:44 pm »

Nice one Yorky

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2017, 10:35:46 pm »

Could be taken out of context, might have just seen a woman and all her clothes came off. And he seen it all.
AHA!

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2017, 10:46:31 pm »

This is what it's all about, hope you're feeling nostalgic tonight.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2017, 10:51:57 pm »

Didn't they win a hatrick of consecutive 1st Division titles?

Just hope they haven't pissed off Crystal Palace too much so they are looking for revenge against Wagner's mate next week.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2017, 10:57:23 pm »
Lovely post yorky mate.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2017, 11:12:27 am »
Didn't they win a hatrick of consecutive 1st Division titles?

Just hope they haven't pissed off Crystal Palace too much so they are looking for revenge against Wagner's mate next week.

They did. And followed it up with two consecutive runners-up positions. Town were a powerhouse in the 1920s in the same way that Liverpool were in the 1980s. Both ancient history now of course.

The Wagner-Klopp relationship is interesting. I wonder if Klopp will ask him for a scouting report on the opposition this week?

Offline Yet to prove himself as...

• Nostradamus
  • Main Stander
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2017, 11:24:17 am »
Touching football romance that is..love it.
He wont be sold no matter what, but go on and believe all that crap spouted in English media.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2017, 05:00:23 pm »
I like their style, Billing and Mooy midfield looks good. Mounie great start.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2017, 05:08:37 pm »
Know it's early doors, but I've said for a while they might surprise a few this season, do see them staying up. Think they've done better business than the other two promoted teams (so far.)

Think they'll need to turn their ground into a fortress and rely on this Mounie fella for a few more goals, and they'll do well.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2017, 06:38:00 pm »
I think it will be between them and Manchester clubs for the league title. Who knew David Wagner was the brains behind Klopp's success. There is no way other teams will be able to compete with their unmatched defensive record.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2017, 06:42:01 pm »
I think it will be between them and Manchester clubs for the league title. Who knew David Wagner was the brains behind Klopp's success. There is no way other teams will be able to compete with their unmatched defensive record.

Take a break from twitter.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: September 8, 2017, 04:54:47 pm »
Wagner wins manager of the month. Well deserved. 7 points and not even conceded a goal yet.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #71 on: September 8, 2017, 08:53:58 pm »
Wagner wins manager of the month. Well deserved. 7 points and not even conceded a goal yet.

Will be some love-in when they come to Anfield. Fair play to him, great achievement.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2017, 05:00:42 pm »
Fuck off Mourinho.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2017, 05:02:34 pm »
Isn't this what makes football great? A club climbing into the Premier League with an unknown manager and then winning a game like they did today. Their fans will be buzzing tonight and they should be. I hope they enjoy the beers that will surely flow.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2017, 05:03:05 pm »
Fuck off Mourinho.

Ha ha.

Well done The Terriers.

Enjoy Yorkie!
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2017, 05:05:46 pm »
Big well done today lads massive 3 points.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2017, 05:05:52 pm »
Well done!  ;D
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2017, 05:06:11 pm »
Well done Huddersfield

Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2017, 05:34:35 pm »
 :lmao
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2017, 05:42:19 pm »
Now don't be taking the piss. Manchester Untied are still above us in the league. You'll have the bed wetters all aflutter.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?