Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 226385 times)

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Re: Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #440 on: September 20, 2017, 09:41:52 pm »
Wouldn't bat an eyelid if a group of scals agreed to meet a tout then jumped him for his tickets and a few of his teeth.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #441 on: September 20, 2017, 09:53:14 pm »
Wouldn't bat an eyelid if a group of scals agreed to meet a tout then jumped him for his tickets and a few of his teeth.

what if the scals mostly work for the touts or operate themselves ? time to wake up mate..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #442 on: September 20, 2017, 10:04:27 pm »
OK a bunch of scals that want to see the game them ;D you know what I mean though. There isn't enough being done. Not just in football.

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
+6 ticket exchange

Offline tarentheara

• Main Stander
« Reply #444 on: October 4, 2017, 03:04:58 pm »
Interesting move from our six fingered friends down the road

http://www.theticketingbusiness.com/2017/10/04/manchester-united-first-tout-catcher/?utm_source=TheTicketingBusiness+News&utm_campaign=dd602835a5-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_01_04&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_fc47d2bf36-dd602835a5-24406045&mc_cid=dd602835a5&mc_eid=a76becdca5
Can't see why we can't implement this at our club - If they're employing 1 person for this 'project' with there capacity 1/3rd larger than ours there really is no excuse why we can't implement something similar to this.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: October 4, 2017, 05:03:06 pm »
Can't see why we can't implement this at our club - If they're employing 1 person for this 'project' with there capacity 1/3rd larger than ours there really is no excuse why we can't implement something similar to this.
I would apply for a job like this. Think I would be good at it. Unlike a lot on here, I don't have a huge personal hatred of touts. But I think I could do a good job here as I am pretty good at spotting them and playing undercover with online sellers etc

Online Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #446 on: October 4, 2017, 07:18:26 pm »
:thumbup

Suggest it to them - send the link.
We are a team of one half.

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #447 on: October 5, 2017, 01:00:55 pm »
Interesting move from our six fingered friends down the road

http://www.theticketingbusiness.com/2017/10/04/manchester-united-first-tout-catcher/?utm_source=TheTicketingBusiness+News&utm_campaign=dd602835a5-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_01_04&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_fc47d2bf36-dd602835a5-24406045&mc_cid=dd602835a5&mc_eid=a76becdca5

The Tout-Catcher handing out three year bans to people caught selling on tickets not through official sources. We do similar already. Stewards chucking out lads and confiscating memberships and season tickets when the tickets not in their name. We haven’t got the process wrong, it’s the enforcement. Banning people who’ve passed on to mates cos they couldn’t go etc.

Of course the club could work with police on catching those blatantly selling loads of tickets outside the Kop and Albert every game. But the club can’t actually prevent those people from getting tickets when they’re from various sources in the first place.
Long live the King

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: October 24, 2017, 03:09:29 pm »
I've recently encountered a Man United fan who has memberships at Man United, Man City and Liverpool and touts sets of four. £90/each for the Huddersfield game. A friend of a friend too, had to hold in my anger.
YNWA.

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: October 24, 2017, 04:23:05 pm »
I've recently encountered a Man United fan who has memberships at Man United, Man City and Liverpool and touts sets of four. £90/each for the Huddersfield game. A friend of a friend too, had to hold in my anger.

Problem is the fam trip over themselves to buy them

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #450 on: October 24, 2017, 09:16:47 pm »
Problem is the fam trip over themselves to buy them

Which lies the problem. People will still buy them
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #451 on: October 25, 2017, 08:24:48 am »

Your friend of a friend is having a direct impact on your fellow reds' ability to buy tickets. Dob the c*nt in.

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #452 on: May 13, 2019, 07:32:58 pm »
Sat beside a South African yesterday in MSL, he paid a tout £450 for his ticket, I got a picture of the ticket and want to report it to the club, how is the best way to go about this? Cheers for the help.

Online Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #453 on: May 13, 2019, 09:32:10 pm »
Sat beside a South African yesterday in MSL, he paid a tout £450 for his ticket, I got a picture of the ticket and want to report it to the club, how is the best way to go about this? Cheers for the help.

Email it the Ticket Investigation Manager - michael.yorke@liverpoolfc.com with as much info as you have
We are a team of one half.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: May 13, 2019, 09:42:20 pm »
id congratulate the guy for getting a ticket for so cheap (relative to tout prices doing the rounds)

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #455 on: May 13, 2019, 10:46:13 pm »

Didn't get a number for the tout did you? 😉

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #456 on: May 13, 2019, 10:46:51 pm »
How much do you reckon a final ticket would go for?

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: May 14, 2019, 06:26:30 am »
How much do you reckon a final ticket would go for?

£1k+. Easy city. Lots travelling. Plenty one-offers.

Can’t imagine any regulars will be wanting to pay that. The cost of the season would be approaching a house deposit in some smaller places  :o
YNWA.

Online Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: May 14, 2019, 09:21:32 am »
I have a better one. Told someone paid £3,500 for a pair of £9 tickets.

Online nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #459 on: May 14, 2019, 10:06:48 am »
i find that hard to believe!!
for someone to pay that amount they must be a) fucking stupid/mental
                                                                    b) very rich/wealthy(millionaire/ss)
                                                                    c) both of the above!!
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #460 on: May 21, 2019, 12:08:18 pm »
Saw on Twitter that spurs have banned 3 fans and taken away their season tickets as they were caught selling their Madrid ticket online.

Good on spurs.

Come on Liverpool. Sort it.
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #461 on: May 21, 2019, 01:58:55 pm »
Saw on Twitter that spurs have banned 3 fans and taken away their season tickets as they were caught selling their Madrid ticket online.

Good on spurs.

Come on Liverpool. Sort it.

From the BBC

Spurs asked fans not to "ruin one of the biggest occasions in the club's history by selling on your ticket and profiteering from fellow fans".

I think we all know our clubs stance on profiteering from fellow fans.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: May 21, 2019, 02:45:49 pm »
From the BBC

Spurs asked fans not to "ruin one of the biggest occasions in the club's history by selling on your ticket and profiteering from fellow fans".

Just came on to post about this. Fair do's to Spurs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48347846

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #463 on: May 21, 2019, 03:15:20 pm »
Fair play to spurs, it’s probably more of an isolated problem though whereas for us I’m guessing it’s a wider problem and therefore more difficult to resolve.

The club need to raise awareness and be transparent about what they’re trying to do to tackle the issue of touting

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: May 21, 2019, 03:39:47 pm »
BBC Merseyside

Verified account

@bbcmerseyside
 16m16 minutes ago
More
BREAKING: @LFC say they've identified five supporters who have listed their Champions League final tickets for sale on secondary ticketing platforms.

The cases will be fully investigated and could lead to them being banned from Anfield for life.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: May 21, 2019, 03:54:43 pm »
It's a start. Just hope they don't flat-out cancel these tickets. Instead let's get them in to the hands of actual matchgoing fans.
YNWA.

Offline momomo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #466 on: May 21, 2019, 04:16:37 pm »
It's a start. Just hope they don't flat-out cancel these tickets. Instead let's get them in to the hands of actual matchgoing fans.

They were calling people on the ballot waiting list yesterday. They'll still have the list; hopefully five more get a call today.

As for the sellers, cancel their fancards / season tickets. No excuses.

Offline ebbenebs

• Main Stander
« Reply #467 on: May 21, 2019, 04:38:26 pm »
They should look at how tennis events like Wimbledon and Roland Garros sell tickets, and so should UEFA do with their tickets. You buy a personal ticket and its only valid when used with a passport.

I particularly like how they sell tickets for Roland Garros. If you're not able to go, your only way of passing the ticket on is putting it up for resale through the official ticket site.  This way, you are not only eliminating touting completely, but fans are also able to buy tickets not used by others for face value. I have been to two finals and three semi-finals in Paris, and every time I bought tickets a couple of days before, even though the event was completely sold out.

You are eligible to name other peoples name if you buy more than one ticket, but who would trust a the seller to not sell the same ticket over and over again? Not me. 

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #468 on: May 21, 2019, 05:07:47 pm »
From the BBC

We do...

BBC Merseyside

Verified account

@bbcmerseyside
 16m16 minutes ago
More
BREAKING: @LFC say they've identified five supporters who have listed their Champions League final tickets for sale on secondary ticketing platforms.

The cases will be fully investigated and could lead to them being banned from Anfield for life.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #469 on: May 21, 2019, 10:45:17 pm »
Liverool 5-3 Tottenham

Worth a tenner ;D

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: May 22, 2019, 10:53:02 am »
They should look at how tennis events like Wimbledon and Roland Garros sell tickets, and so should UEFA do with their tickets. You buy a personal ticket and its only valid when used with a passport.

I particularly like how they sell tickets for Roland Garros. If you're not able to go, your only way of passing the ticket on is putting it up for resale through the official ticket site.  This way, you are not only eliminating touting completely, but fans are also able to buy tickets not used by others for face value. I have been to two finals and three semi-finals in Paris, and every time I bought tickets a couple of days before, even though the event was completely sold out.

You are eligible to name other peoples name if you buy more than one ticket, but who would trust a the seller to not sell the same ticket over and over again? Not me.

The way tennis can enforce this is due to smaller sized venues. Checking passports will be a nightmare for a 20k+ venue, let alone a 60k+ venue. Would work in an ideal world, but just a bit tricky. Also, if an individual is touting 50-odd spare tickets for EUR4,000/each, I would imagine they know how to successfully get a fake passport/ID.
YNWA.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #471 on: May 22, 2019, 10:56:18 am »
BBC Merseyside

Verified account

@bbcmerseyside
 16m16 minutes ago
More

Whilst this is good to see and I absolutely applaud it, my question would be why has it taken until now for this to happen. For bans to be dished out and made public. It isn't as if people aren't doing the very same thing for every other game, is it. Maybe the bans have been happening and we just haven't heard enough about it, beyond rumours of fancards being confiscated here and there, but then I would say that the club would be better served making the action taken as transparent and open as possible. That in itself will help discourage some of the more casual touting that goes on.

Beyond that though, i'd love someone to ask them about the authorisation agreements that they have in place with the various secondary resale sites that tout our match tickets week after week. When do they plan to revoke this authorisation to prevent that from happening going forwards? Because quite honestly it's a fucking disgrace and always has been. The Roland Garros concept mentioned above, whereby tickets can only be re-sold via an exchange ran by the club itself, and at face value only, (to steal a Roy-ism...soz...) would be utopia given where we are now. Should they actively revoke authorisation for anyone else to re-sell their tickets and in turn make doing so illegal via all of these secondary sites, surely that would open the way for this kind of thing as well.

So, well in Liverpool for making a show of five of the bellends out to make a quick buck, but it doesn't half feel like lip service.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 10:59:04 am by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: May 22, 2019, 12:30:30 pm »
If they find the people buying them, they should ban them as well, imo.

You've got that twat youtuber buying tickets for thousands and making videos about it.

Offline ebbenebs

• Main Stander
« Reply #473 on: May 24, 2019, 09:17:58 am »
The way tennis can enforce this is due to smaller sized venues. Checking passports will be a nightmare for a 20k+ venue, let alone a 60k+ venue. Would work in an ideal world, but just a bit tricky. Also, if an individual is touting 50-odd spare tickets for EUR4,000/each, I would imagine they know how to successfully get a fake passport/ID.

Attendance in 2018 for Wimbledon was 473,169 across 13 days, which equals >36000 on average each day. Roland Garros averaged 34000 a day. Keep in mind tickets and passports are checked when entering the area, and again without passports when entering the stadium. 

Tickets for Roland Garros are electronic only. That means it's very hard to sell on because the buyer will never know whether the seller has sold the same ticket more than once. The original buyer still controls the ticket through the Roland Garros website. It is not possible to forfeit these rights.

One thing I do agree on is the fact that football matches last for 90 minutes, while tennis is spread out throughout the day. So there's no doubt the pressure would be more intense during a game of football.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #474 on: May 24, 2019, 11:57:11 am »
Tickets for Roland Garros are electronic only. That means it's very hard to sell on because the buyer will never know whether the seller has sold the same ticket more than once. The original buyer still controls the ticket through the Roland Garros website. It is not possible to forfeit these rights.

It's surely the same with buying tickets for our matches though. The purchaser won't actually know if the card has the credit on it, or if it's an old card which has since been cancelled and reissued.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #475 on: May 24, 2019, 06:21:20 pm »
Still think fancard with a picture is the way to go.

My gym has a pic of me to make sure it's me going, my casino has a pic of me, my bus pass has a picture of me, my missus has a picture of me on someoe else's body but that's a different story...

It's 2019, get the fecking pictures on.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: May 24, 2019, 07:37:12 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/corporate/ticket-touting

There's a page now to report any instances of touting.

Next time there is a non-local in the £9 seats, bang the seat number in here and send it in.

I'm going to be grassing my tits off next season. Sick of it.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #477 on: May 24, 2019, 07:40:24 pm »
Right idea from the club. Albeit 5 years too late
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #478 on: May 27, 2019, 08:45:08 am »
Still think fancard with a picture is the way to go.

My gym has a pic of me to make sure it's me going, my casino has a pic of me, my bus pass has a picture of me, my missus has a picture of me on someoe else's body but that's a different story...

It's 2019, get the fecking pictures on.

Totally agree with you. Everything has your pic nowadays. I don't see the issue. Like you said, its 2019!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: May 28, 2019, 06:40:24 am »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/corporate/ticket-touting

There's a page now to report any instances of touting.

Next time there is a non-local in the £9 seats, bang the seat number in here and send it in.

I'm going to be grassing my tits off next season. Sick of it.

If you’re going to do this, worth speaking to the individuals using the tickets first to ascertain how much they paid.

They need to add the ability to attach screenshots etc to that form.
YNWA.