Author Topic: Elections in Europe  (Read 167139 times)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Re: Elections in Europe - 2017
« Reply #720 on: July 3, 2017, 02:42:33 pm »
 AFP news agency‏Verified account @AFP

#BREAKING Macron proposes to cut French parliament by one third
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #721 on: July 3, 2017, 02:47:34 pm »

Here's an article if you want information. It's only the third time a President is making a speech to both Houses, and the first time it's to set out plans for their term

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jul/03/emmanuel-macron-to-set-out-his-vision-for-french-renaissance

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #722 on: July 3, 2017, 04:44:39 pm »
Emmanuel Macron assassination plot foiled by French police

(CNN)A man has been charged with plotting to assassinate French President Emmanuel Macron on Bastille Day during US President Donald Trump's visit to France, a spokeswoman for the Paris Prosecutor's office said Monday.

I believe it's Edward Fox who has been arrested.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #723 on: July 3, 2017, 05:27:10 pm »

He campaigned on that. Not unexpected.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #724 on: July 3, 2017, 05:31:39 pm »

I believe it's Edward Fox who has been arrested.

:) :)
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #725 on: July 18, 2017, 09:48:42 am »
France now no.1 in Soft Power index

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jul/18/macron-helps-france-become-world-leader-soft-power-survey-finds

Surprised to see the UK at no. 2 - no doubt helped by its cultural sector. A few more years of the current political leadership will see it dropping down the ranks for sure though.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #726 on: July 19, 2017, 10:48:31 pm »
France now no.1 in Soft Power index

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jul/18/macron-helps-france-become-world-leader-soft-power-survey-finds

Surprised to see the UK at no. 2 - no doubt helped by its cultural sector. A few more years of the current political leadership will see it dropping down the ranks for sure though.

Maybe Macron inserting his head in Donald Trumps anus tipped them to 1st spot.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: July 20, 2017, 02:23:21 pm »
Maybe Macron inserting his head in Donald Trumps anus tipped them to 1st spot.

I don't think so. Trump loves an audience, a gaudy event, flattery. Macron played him like a Stradivarius. And it was cheap...he was just along for the ride...
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #728 on: July 21, 2017, 01:09:55 am »
Poland court bill: Parliament votes for judicial reforms

Poland's lower house of parliament has voted through controversial new reforms which will see all Supreme Court judges removed and replaced.

The Law and Justice Party say it will make the judicial system more effective and able to fight against corruption.

But critics say it is a threat to the rule of law, placing control of the judiciary in the hands of politicians.

Donald Tusk, European Council President and former Polish prime minister, said the changes are "backward".

In a statement released after the vote, Mr Tusk said he had asked Poland's President Andrzej Duda for a meeting to discuss the changes, which he warned went against European values and risked marginalising the country.

The bill, which will now go to the upper house on Friday after being passed by 235 votes to 192, will see all Supreme Court judges forced into retirement.

The decision on whether or not they can have their jobs back will, on the face of it, be the president's, but in reality he will be acting on the advice of the justice minister.

The National Judiciary Council, which currently nominates both common and Supreme Court judges and consists of judges selected by professional legal bodies, will now be chosen by parliament - but its member judges will require at least three fifths of representatives to back them in order to be selected.

Last week, the ruling Law and Justice party pushed through parliament plans for MPs and the justice minister to have the power to appoint judges.

Then President Duda, a former member of the right-wing, populist ruling party, proposed a compromise to make it harder for a single ruling party to change the make-up of the 15-member National Council of the Judiciary.

Some critics were won over but others feared the compromise did not go far enough - especially as it is likely the ruling party may be able to get the support of smaller parties it often sees eye-to-eye with.

After Thursday's vote, Grzegorz Schetyna, leader of Poland's largest opposition party, Civic Platform, called it the day judicial independence died, while political analyst Stanislaw Mocek warned news agency AFP that subjecting "the judiciary to political power.... paves the way for a non-democratic system in Poland".

Most Poles agree that the courts need reform, in fact an opinion poll in May found 63% said so. For many, Polish courts operate too slowly and sometimes deliver questionable verdicts. In its election manifesto Law and Justice promised to reform the courts. But is this the reform so many people want?

Not even rock star turned politician Pawel Kukiz, who leads the Kukiz '15 party and who said he could not vote against the bill, thinks so. "This is not reform, it's just changing the personnel," he said before the vote.

Certainly many Poles feel the reforms give Law and Justice the tools to destroy judicial independence and appoint judges sympathetic to the party. They are the ones taking to the streets every evening in cities across the country to join candle-lit protests and appeal to the president to veto the legislation. Unlike previous demonstrations they are less obviously party political and perhaps as a result, it seems more young people are turning up.

The European Commission has issued Poland's government with a stern warning, complaining that its plans "collectively would abolish any remaining judicial independence and put the judiciary under full political control of the government". Commission Vice President Frans Timmermans even threatened the "nuclear option" of withdrawing Poland's voting rights in EU meetings. That has never been used before.

After the vote, Mr Tusk released an impassioned statement, saying the recent moves "transport us - in the political sense - in time and in space: backwards and eastwards".

He argued a solution must be found "which is acceptable to the Polish public, to the parliamentary majority and to the opposition, to the President and to the European Union".

But Hungary's Foreign Minister Peter Szijjarto warned the commission should not "act like a political body", adding: "We stand by Poland, and we call on the European Commission not to overstep its authority."
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40670790

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #729 on: July 23, 2017, 01:01:17 am »
 Spot on Twitter thread from Anne Applebaum re: Poland and strategies used elsewhere.

Anne Applebaum‏@anneapplebaum

1. fascinating split now developing between Czechs, who are criticizing the Polish govt's attack on judges, and Hungarians, who defend it.

2. this is further proof that this isn't a "post-communist" problem: Polish govt is following a model we also know from Turkey and Venezuela

3. Its a model that could also work elsewhere in Europe, around the world: turn a democracy into a one party state, step by step...

4 use social media to create fanatical supporters, rely on majority not to care until it's too late, and make life impossible for opponents

5. in Poland it's happened despite objections of press, judges, EU and international institutions, as well as public demonstrations

6. lesson is not that "post-communist democracy was weak." Lesson is that it could happen anywhere

36% of Poles support their nationalist/populist government. 36% of Americans support Trump. What a lot of damage 36% can do.

And, as about a dozen people have just pointed out, 37% of the UK electorate voted for Brexit

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #730 on: July 23, 2017, 03:47:43 am »
Similar to Turkey and the US, it is a party with fundamentalist religious views doing this. The self-righteous don't have much respect for real democracy which allows infidels a voice.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: July 24, 2017, 10:43:42 pm »
Read a report about Macron and a big poll drop. What changes has the golden boy made to housing benefits then?

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #732 on: July 29, 2017, 12:22:27 am »
Two ministers fired from the Swedish red-green government after people without security clearances having access to sensitive information related to people in the transport agency register. One got fired for having no clue about it and the other for not informing the prime minister, who then disgraced himself by appointing him as the "whip" for the Social Democrats in Parliament... further cementing the picture of that party as a corrupt club of insiders. The minister of defense also knew about the leaks and didn't inform the PM for nine months and risks being fired by parliament instead if the right along with the nationalists go through with a vote of no confidence in September against him.

Another major blow for the Swedish Social Democrats then. Having already had two relatively disastrous elections (30-31 %) and falling beneath 50 % even in some of its major stronghold... it's as if Labour would've gotten 48 % in Liverpool... some polls have the Social Democrats at 22-24 % ahead of next year's election. The main reason obviously being the PR system enabling people to experiment with who they're voting for and there being no "wasted votes".

For example in Älvkarleby Municipality 150 miles north of Stockholm near the city of Gävle the Social Democrats had 71.6 % of the local vote in 1994 and 47.1 % in 2014. In other industrial areas it's the same. The drop in Oxelösund is from 63.3 % to 44.1 % in the same timeframe. In the south the same happened in Bromölla where they went from 64 % to 37.9 %. In the large cities it's slowly wiped out in favour of the left-wing parties and in the rural areas it's getting squeezed like crazy by the Sweden Democrats. For example in Stockholm the combined three left-wing parties would've had 26.06 % of the votes had they been one sole party whereas the Social Democrats had 21.61 %... so even though the Social Democrats lead the council there in a similar-looking local election on the same day they're forced to cater to all sorts of demands to parties they previously could just run over. They don't even govern Sweden alone anymore, the Greens are in government with them.

It's an echo of what a PR system could've led to in Britain for both the Labour and Tories (the Moderate Party are polling beneath 18 % all the time now). Little wonder neither want to change FPTP  :wave On the other hand our system leads to far too many irrelevant parties dictating terms. We have five parties between 4-8 % (one right, two centre, two left) and they're always deciding policy which kind of rings hollow in a democracy that small parties rule the big guns...

As it is, currently I'd say it be neck and neck between the nationalists and the Social Democrats on being the largest party somewhere around 24-25 % of the vote. With this latest scandal the government may even sink further.

Certainly interesting times.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 12:36:42 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #733 on: August 6, 2017, 07:39:42 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/06/emmanuel-macron-french-president-wife-first-lady-official-status

The French president, Emmanuel Macron, is facing a people’s revolt against plans to give his wife an official “first lady” role.

More than 150,000 people have signed a petition against the move that would give Brigitte Macron an office, staff and an allowance from the public purse.

During his presidential campaign, Macron promised to “clarify” the role of the French president’s wife by giving them an official status, describing the current situation as a “kind of French hypocrisy”.

“I would like a defined framework and I will ask for the subject to be worked on,” he said at the time. “The person living with you should be able to have a role and be recognised for that role.”

Neither the French constitution nor accepted protocol gives the president’s partner an official status, leaving them to create a role as they see fit. They are allowed an office, staff, security guards paid for out of the Elysée budget and estimated by the official auditors at about €450,000 (Ł406,000) a year.

Creating an official title would create a separate budget for the president’s partner. The plan has struck a particularly discordant note in France coming as Macron prepares to force his “morality” law, banning parliamentarians from employing wives and family members.

The artist and author Thierry Paul Valette, who is behind the petition, said: “There is no reason why the wife of the head of state should be given a budget out of public funds. At present, Brigitte Macron has two or three assistants as well as two secretaries and two security staff, and that’s enough.”

« Last Edit: August 7, 2017, 01:58:42 pm by Red-Soldier »

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #734 on: August 7, 2017, 01:26:55 pm »
Next big election is Germany next month.

After a brief surge at the start of the year, the SPD have fallen back to the mid-20s, now up to 15% behind Merkel's CDU/CSU. Looking like a question not of who'll become the next chancellor, but which coalition will comprise her government.

A continuation of the CDU-SPD grand coalition?
A return to the CDU-FDP (Liberals) governments of past?
Or something new - CDU-Greens (might struggle on current polling) or a "Jamaica" coalition (CDU-FDP-Greens)?

This is a good article on the implications for European and foreign policy fn the various coalition partners:
http://www.cer.eu/publications/archive/bulletin-article/2017/what-german-elections-mean-europe

Normally, I'd lean towards the Liberals, but given their opinions on Eurozone reform (antagonistic to Macron) and a recent call to "temporarily recognise the annexation of Crimea", think I would vote Green if I was in Germany (the FDP seem closer to VVD than D66 in liberal/European comparison terms, for the super political geeky  :D).

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: August 9, 2017, 09:09:37 am »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40867031

French President Emmanuel Macron is to abandon plans to create an official role of first lady for his wife Brigitte, according to reports.

During his campaign, Mr Macron had said he wanted to create "a real status" for his wife.

But an online petition against the move has gained almost 290,000 signatures.

Part of Mr Macron's campaign was based on stamping out nepotism in French politics after his conservative rival Francois Fillon was investigated over controversial payments to his wife.

Mr Macron said he would ban politicians from employing relatives in response to the public outcry over the scandal.

Calls of hypocrisy

French politician Thierry Mariana was one of several to publicly criticise the new French president for the move.

"Do as I say, not as I do," he said in a tweet last month. An ally of Mr Fillon, he linked to an article about speculation over Mrs Macron receiving official status and a budget.

Government spokesman Cristoph Castaner posted several tweets on Monday evening suggesting Mrs Macron's role would be clarified but no change to the constitution would be made.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #736 on: August 9, 2017, 09:40:53 am »
I read he has had the biggest drop in poll ratings after a win since Chirac. What exactly has he done, or not done?

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: August 9, 2017, 06:41:29 pm »
I read he has had the biggest drop in poll ratings after a win since Chirac. What exactly has he done, or not done?

Appearing chummy with Trump and Putin is not popular.

There were plenty against him on the left as he is going to be lowering taxes and reducing services.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: August 18, 2017, 11:09:00 am »
I see Newsnight has wheeled out Gabriel Gatehouse to cover the German elections and as usual, his first port of call is to make a visit to the AFD. Trust the BBC to do whatever they can to drum up the fascist angle as their starter for 10 when covering European elections and that shit journalist is the king of doing so.

That said, they did refer to their support being at 10%.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #739 on: August 18, 2017, 11:16:25 am »
It's not surprising. Many people on the left and moderate right only voted for him to keep Le Pen out.

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #740 on: August 18, 2017, 11:18:43 am »
I see Newsnight has wheeled out Gabriel Gatehouse to cover the German elections and as usual, his first port of call is to make a visit to the AFD. Trust the BBC to do whatever they can to drum up the fascist angle as their starter for 10 when covering European elections and that shit journalist is the king of doing so.

That said, they did refer to their support being at 10%.

Oh FFS. You'd think they'd learn their lesson after the Dutch elections.

Let's miss the big story - an unprecendented 4th win for Merkel - and focus on some extremists who have been haemorraghing support.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #741 on: September 6, 2017, 10:19:06 pm »
Catalonia to hold an unofficial independence referendum on the 1st of October.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41177428

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #742 on: September 23, 2017, 11:44:28 am »
Polls seem to indicate the the AfD should get into parliament at least. Interesting that despite the constant labelling of the UK being far right (which is silly), its actually those in Germany, Netherlands, Australia and France that have more of an influence.

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #743 on: September 23, 2017, 11:58:01 am »
Polls seem to indicate the the AfD should get into parliament at least. Interesting that despite the constant labelling of the UK being far right (which is silly), its actually those in Germany, Netherlands, Australia and France that have more of an influence.

How so? What influence have the far right in France, Netherlands and Germany actually had, despite some electoral gains?

In contrast the far right in the UK - UKIP and its tabloid cheerleaders - have led the UK to exit the EU and set a course for disastrous economic consequences. Not to mention the coarsening of political rhetoric in this country, the obsession with immigration and rampant xenophobia in the media and elsewhere.

Germany took in 1 million refugees fleeing war and genocide. The AfD will get around 10% of the vote.
The UK took in almost no-one and has moved further to the right than any western country (with the possible exception of the US).

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #744 on: September 23, 2017, 12:07:32 pm »
How so? What influence have the far right in France, Netherlands and Germany actually had, despite some electoral gains?

In contrast the far right in the UK - UKIP and its tabloid cheerleaders - have led the UK to exit the EU and set a course for disastrous economic consequences. Not to mention the coarsening of political rhetoric in this country, the obsession with immigration and rampant xenophobia in the media and elsewhere.

Germany took in 1 million refugees fleeing war and genocide. The AfD will get around 10% of the vote.
The UK took in almost no-one and has moved further to the right than any western country (with the possible exception of the US).

But then if it moved further to the right then why did Labour ein more seats and the Tories lost them and UKIP got none?

In France the far right got 30-35% of the vote. The winner was pretty much centre to centre right. The far right in Netherlands was joint third in vote share.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 12:10:03 pm by killer_heels »

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #745 on: September 23, 2017, 12:41:59 pm »
The UK is far more right wing than the Netherlands so you can stop that right now. The voting system here may mean that Wilders gets representation but it also ensures that he doesn't get any power. Meanwhile, Frottage and the right wing of the Tories drives the UK towards Brexit...

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #746 on: September 23, 2017, 01:17:24 pm »
Anyway, the most important, though perhaps also most predictable, election of the year happens tomorrow.

Merkel looks assured of being returned to power - the question is as part of which coalition. A re-run of the grand coalition with the SPD or a Jamaica coalition with the FDP and Greens? Looks like the CDU-FDP will not get a majority on their own.

It's a pity the AfD have gained some support in recent weeks after seeming in freefall some months back. No doubt the UK media will focus all on that rather than the unprecendented achievement by Merkel in retaining so much support after so many challenges.

No Corbyn effect in Germany - the SPD are on course for one of their worst results ever, and the young people love their Mutti.

Germany, YouGov poll,  Sep 21, Age: 18-24 yrs

CDU/CSU-EPP: 34%
SPD-S&D: 14%
FDP-ALDE: 13%
GRÜNE-G/EFA: 13%
LINKE-LEFT: 10%
AfD-ENF: 8%

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #747 on: September 23, 2017, 01:23:44 pm »

The riight wing in the UK has far more influence than it doesn in Germany and Netherlands, due to the voting system and the tabloid press.

Not sure how you could make that statement, considering it's the right-wing, and left-wing minority, that has steered us towards leaving the EU.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #748 on: September 23, 2017, 05:25:54 pm »
The riight wing in the UK has far more influence than it doesn in Germany and Netherlands, due to the voting system and the tabloid press.

Not sure how you could make that statement, considering it's the right-wing, and left-wing minority, that has steered us towards leaving the EU.

I appreciate that the right wing has power. But not far right.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #749 on: September 23, 2017, 05:26:21 pm »
The UK is far more right wing than the Netherlands so you can stop that right now. The voting system here may mean that Wilders gets representation but it also ensures that he doesn't get any power. Meanwhile, Frottage and the right wing of the Tories drives the UK towards Brexit...

They are not far right though.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #750 on: September 24, 2017, 08:40:06 am »
I appreciate that the right wing has power. But not far right.

I take your point, but even though both Germany and The Netherlands have a lot more far right MPs, they will never have much power as the other parties will never form a government with them.

Compare that to the UK, a party with 0/1 MP, have managed to take us out of the EU.

FPTP isn't fit for purpose.

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: September 24, 2017, 02:01:09 pm »
Looks like turnout is up significantly so far from previous election.

@EuropeElects
Germany: Turnout rises, especially in high-income areas. #btw17 #GermanElection #GermanyDecides

Hopefully this will reduce the gains for the extremist parties.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #752 on: September 24, 2017, 03:05:51 pm »
What time is the result/exit polls?

Offline Pensby

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Pub
« Reply #753 on: September 24, 2017, 03:50:57 pm »
Sorry, there were many reasons why the UK has voted out of the EU. Myself, I voted remain but, even with my history of voting labour or liberal every time since I reached 18 in 1982, I could see that the thing the EU had become needed change. my thought and message at the time was that change could only come from within. if we left, then the EU would make sure it was a disaster for all, so as not to encourage others to leave too.

The Murdoch/Dacre media blitz was unhealthy, the scare stories they unleashed over the years were laughable and were easily debunked when talking with mates, but they had a drip-drip effect that was insidious. Our electorate may be poorly educated, in political terms as we generally lack an understanding of anything except FPTP systems, but the UK does not have a far right political base that could arrange such, never has done, never will.

In recent years we have sleepwalked into dreadful referenda, mostly because we are so unused to them that we fail to set appropriate hurdles/safeguards or actually provide education. The lack of backbone shown by both labour and tory politicians who were remain shocked me and my fellow travellers completely. it looked like they were all frightened by the leavers within their parties who had organised and planned far better for this outcome. We were complacent, a curse which has afflicted the moderate majority for years and at long last it bit us on the arse.

I am still a bloke from Birkenhead/England/Britain/Europe, happy with all those identities within me. so I'm pro remain and currently can only look libdem as both tory and labour have laughable positions made from houses of cards.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 10:12:18 pm by Pensby »
...if I have to explain, then you'll never understand...

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #754 on: September 24, 2017, 04:03:38 pm »
What time is the result/exit polls?

First exit poll shortly after polls close at 5pm according to the Guardian.

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #755 on: September 24, 2017, 05:05:19 pm »
Merkel projected 32.5%, right-wing nationalist AfD to get 13.5%.

SPD to get 20%.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #756 on: September 24, 2017, 05:12:35 pm »
AfD on 13.5%, fucking hell. Hopefully Merkel isn't influenced by them in the way the mainstream parties in the UK have kowtowed to UKIP in recent years.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Pensby

• Main Stander
« Reply #757 on: September 24, 2017, 05:17:45 pm »
Exactly, the craven bowing by elements of tory and labour to ukip was/is embarrassing.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: September 24, 2017, 05:24:19 pm »
AfD on 13.5%, fucking hell. Hopefully Merkel isn't influenced by them in the way the mainstream parties in the UK have kowtowed to UKIP in recent years.

They shouldnt do. UKIP had literally 1 policy that many could get behind even in the mainstream and werent far right. An actual far right party getting that many is crazy.

Offline Pensby

• Main Stander
« Reply #759 on: September 24, 2017, 05:29:11 pm »
Same complacency again