Author Topic: Question Time.  (Read 85516 times)

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Re: Question Time.
« Reply #440 on: December 15, 2017, 12:02:14 am »
Jeremy will never bend the knee.

He's been bending the knee to the Tories since day one.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #441 on: December 15, 2017, 12:04:32 am »
Oakeshott is about the most odious of the columnists. Vile horrible woman with no redeeming qualities at all.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #442 on: December 15, 2017, 12:09:16 am »
Twm Owen‏ @NewsatTwm

"You humiliated the Prime Minister," says Isabel Oakeshott who wrote a book exposing the previous PM for shagging a pig
:lmao  I hope other MPs pick up on that fact and throw it back in her face.
Shes just a pathetic s.. stirrer, dramatically playing to the hard leave Brexit gallery with the same old will of the people shite to get herself a name. it's sickening to watch her wait for her chance to get a big round of applause from the rabid leave supporters in the audience.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #443 on: December 15, 2017, 09:25:51 pm »
Oakeshott is about the most odious of the columnists. Vile horrible woman with no redeeming qualities at all.

Seconded . Nasty piece of Work
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #444 on: December 31, 2017, 02:33:02 pm »

The amount of shite on Question Time beggars belief at times - especially with prominence given to those like Frottage, or the 'balance' of the panels overall...

Until Lord Buckethead gets a regular spot on there it just ain't cricket... (and he speaks more sense than many on the show have done in the past)

Lord Bucketheads’s Christmas Single (‘A Bucketful of Happiness’ - a Meatloaf inspired ditty):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ebzooSdAbGE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ebzooSdAbGE</a>

Lord Buckethead’s Christmas Message 2017:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Y6siUaw_NKU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Y6siUaw_NKU</a>

https://twitter.com/LordBuckethead

Get him on QT!

« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 02:34:44 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: January 18, 2018, 11:46:25 pm »
Margot Tory got destroyed on there today.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #446 on: January 18, 2018, 11:50:49 pm »
It amazing watching this bbcqt so many people saying what Jeremy and the Labour are now saying if they know it or not the people are starting to get the message the tide is turning.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: January 19, 2018, 12:11:12 am »
It amazing watching this bbcqt so many people saying what Jeremy and the Labour are now saying if they know it or not the people are starting to get the message the tide is turning.

I suspect some confirmation bias going on. Many of those sentiments would have been echoed in pre-Corbyn times, you are just predisposed to recognise supporting statements. Perception in cases like this is notoriously unreliable. Criticism of PFI has been around since Major.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: January 19, 2018, 12:27:40 am »
Andy Burnham making a great point, it's about time social services care system became part of the NHS. first real suggestion that would help.
IMO Once they do this there will be no hiding place for the Tories. they will be judged on the whole care system and the true bottom line.
The Tories know they have to do something radical now, just too many nurses and doctors and stories coming out exposing the Tories for what they are. It's a big crossroads, they will try and convince people the only way out of this mess is to create a radical change in how we fund the NHS, something they've wanted to do for decades. it's something ive never believed, if the people who make the decisions had to use our NHS then they would have made sure the funding became available.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #449 on: January 19, 2018, 01:02:39 am »
Andy Burnham making a great point, it's about time social services care system became part of the NHS. first real suggestion that would help.
IMO Once they do this there will be no hiding place for the Tories. they will be judged on the whole care system and the true bottom line.
The Tories know they have to do something radical now, just too many nurses and doctors and stories coming out exposing the Tories for what they are. It's a big crossroads, they will try and convince people the only way out of this mess is to create a radical change in how we fund the NHS, something they've wanted to do for decades. it's something ive never believed, if the people who make the decisions had to use our NHS then they would have made sure the funding became available.

I'm not sure the Tories have the votes to do anything radical in this parliament, I do see this as being a "do nothing" parliament, Brexit related issues will take up a lot of time and energy, the Tories are more divided than usual due to the Brexit skirmishing and the DUP aren't reliable allies on all issues.

Although I still expect the weak and stable government to stumble on, possibly all the way to 2022.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 01:04:27 am by filopastry »

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: January 19, 2018, 01:10:57 am »
I'm not sure the Tories have the votes to do anything radical in this parliament, I do see this as being a "do nothing" parliament, Brexit related issues will take up a lot of time and energy, the Tories are more divided than usual due to the Brexit skirmishing and the DUP aren't reliable allies on all issues.

Although I still expect the weak and stable government to stumble on.
It's not that I think the Tories want to do something but the Tory MP tonight took a right hammering from everyone, it was ugly, thinking they maybe forced to do something to ease the pressure otherwise I would agree with you. Brexit will take up all the time and money but announcing it's time to look for a radical new change in funding would cost nothing.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: February 8, 2018, 10:53:00 pm »
Am I the only one who doesn’t get this Tesco thing? I mean the men who work the check out get paid the same as women, ditto women who work the same jobs in warehouses, just a nice bit of a virtue signalling as they aren’t anywhere near the same job, like saying nurses should get the same pay as doctors

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: February 8, 2018, 11:07:10 pm »
Am I the only one who doesn’t get this Tesco thing? I mean the men who work the check out get paid the same as women, ditto women who work the same jobs in warehouses, just a nice bit of a virtue signalling as they aren’t anywhere near the same job, like saying nurses should get the same pay as doctors

This articles explains it:

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-qa-the-tesco-equal-pay-dispute

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: February 8, 2018, 11:14:46 pm »

Its about value and determining that, which wont be an easy task.

I expected Thornberry to rant about cleaners getting paid the same as footballers. She is crap.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: February 8, 2018, 11:39:12 pm »
Another Brexit discussion and another illustration of the plebs that exist in the audience and on the panel.

There should be no second referendum. If you are going to bin Brexit then just bin it, but the public can fuck off with their say.

But then again, MP’s are hardly to be trusted either.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: February 9, 2018, 12:16:32 am »
This articles explains it:

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-qa-the-tesco-equal-pay-dispute

Its about determining the value  of the two roles and has fuck all to do with gender inequality.  Any fine given to Tesco based on gender discrimination would be ridiculous.   Surely Tesco should be left to determine what each job is worth.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: February 9, 2018, 12:18:52 am »
Another Brexit discussion and another illustration of the plebs that exist in the audience and on the panel.

There should be no second referendum. If you are going to bin Brexit then just bin it, but the public can fuck off with their say.

But then again, MP’s are hardly to be trusted either.

I did like Terry Christian asking that Brexiteer once you have taken your country back from the imerial EU, what is the first policy you would pass to safeguard the British economy.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: February 9, 2018, 12:33:35 am »
I did like Terry Christian asking that Brexiteer once you have taken your country back from the imerial EU, what is the first policy you would pass to safeguard the British economy.

“Miniature flags for all”.

I love how ‘believing in this country’ is now a test put to people on that show. I would just repond with “No”.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2018, 12:35:20 am by a treeless whopper »

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: February 9, 2018, 01:46:18 am »
“Miniature flags for all”.

I love how ‘believing in this country’ is now a test put to people on that show. I would just repond with “No”.
What did he say, something like, why can't people have faith in this country, why cant they be positive, absolutely clueless to what this is about.
This is about about our government creating a trading environment for our companies to compete.
If our government can't do this then companies will find it harder to compete, if you cant compete, you fail.
You can be as positive as you like but if your being led by people who don't know what their doing then you will fail.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: February 9, 2018, 02:21:49 am »
Anyone that uses the term virtue signalling is  reading far too much alt right bollocks. Load of shite term that deserves no further exposure.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: February 9, 2018, 06:11:53 am »
Anyone that uses the term virtue signalling is  reading far too much alt right bollocks.
:lmao

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: February 9, 2018, 07:25:48 pm »

I normally dislike Terry but i enjoyed his contributions last night and he seemed to royally piss off Dimbleby which is a bonus.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: February 9, 2018, 09:00:14 pm »
I normally dislike Terry but i enjoyed his contributions last night and he seemed to royally piss off Dimbleby which is a bonus.

Hes a gobby bastard no doubt. However, more importantly, hes a working class, northern liberal, whats not to like.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: February 15, 2018, 11:17:57 pm »
No Brexit question and as a result todays show has been quite good thus far.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: February 15, 2018, 11:25:41 pm »
Nuggets

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: February 15, 2018, 11:34:46 pm »
Loving the way this Tory is getting slaughtered on every topic so far.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: February 22, 2018, 11:16:12 pm »
A few months after that woman from the canary they’ve gone and got someone from novara media, admittedly the idiocy from the left is balanced by the one from the express  for the right

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #467 on: February 23, 2018, 08:55:42 am »
A few months after that woman from the canary they’ve gone and got someone from novara media, admittedly the idiocy from the left is balanced by the one from the express  for the right

Ash Sarka was brilliant on there she spoke so much sense.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: February 23, 2018, 09:34:34 am »
Ash Sarka was brilliant on there she spoke so much sense.
out of interest is there anyone on the left who you think is a divvy?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: February 23, 2018, 04:26:58 pm »
out of interest is there anyone on the left who you think is a divvy?

Well to be fair that girl was quite excellent as for the shrieking woman from the Express two jags had her measure, as usual though the guy who spoke most sense was the Siemans CEO, just out of interest is there anyone on the left you dont slag off 24/7 in here?

Its a bit like your own personal echo chamber in my opinion?

In the real world there are good and bad on the left as there are on the right, as there are in the Tories although the bad far outweighs the good with them, certainly there is one or two good in your favourite party.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: February 23, 2018, 04:34:00 pm »
out of interest is there anyone on the left you dont slag off 24/7 in here?

Out of the ones that seem to be on tv, not really that many, but that’s a reflection on current times and people clearly putting party first over doing the best thing (see owen jones recent article on the greens), then again do the likes of Helen Lewis count as ‘left’ (pretty sure she identifies as centre left, as one example)? But the likes of jones, mason, bastani, skwawkbox Steve are utter tits, jones was bareable a few years ago but he’s gone full Everton now

In the real world there are good and bad on the left as there are on the right, as there are in the Tories although the bad far outweighs the good with them, certainly there is one or two good in your favourite party.
very true but I think it’s largely down to being rather polarised with a very right wing Tory party and a very left wing Labour Party and the people in charge are both substandard it seems to be reflected in the work of their cheerleaders in the press

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: March 1, 2018, 01:44:14 am »
Frottage vs Ken Clarke in Blackpool this week.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: March 1, 2018, 10:28:50 am »
Frottage vs Ken Clarke in Blackpool this week.

depends on the partiality of the chairman but my money is on Ken in a fair fight,

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: March 1, 2018, 10:31:52 am »
67.5% of voters in Blackpool voted for Brexit.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: March 1, 2018, 01:53:46 pm »
Looking forward to it, Frottage is up against 2 knowledgeable remain MPs, am sure Frottage will get applause whatever s.. he comes out with, be interesting to see how people react when Clarke and Smith rip him apart with facts. they wont back down from any bully boys in the audience.
               Emily Maitlis

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: March 1, 2018, 11:03:19 pm »
We need a strong leader, like who?

*tumbleweed*

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: March 1, 2018, 11:12:56 pm »
The Beeb really packed in the ‘Leavers’ today. They even wheeled out Blue Peter to join Frottage and co.

It seems like they always put Clarke in front of the rabid Brexit audiences on this show.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: March 1, 2018, 11:29:03 pm »
Stop talking about Brexit and we actually get a good debate.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: March 1, 2018, 11:49:50 pm »
I thought it was quite decent and not as rabid an audience as i feared.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: March 1, 2018, 11:53:42 pm »
I thought it was quite decent and not as rabid an audience as i feared.

Once they got off Brexit, the debate can be quite good as has been the case for the past few weeks.