Author Topic: See ye later Joe Allen  (Read 41604 times)

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: See ye later Joe Allen
« Reply #160 on: November 3, 2016, 07:58:13 am »
Shame we let him go but he's showing his talent for Stoke

He's the best player there. That wouldn't be the same here.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #161 on: November 3, 2016, 08:14:19 am »
He's the best player there. That wouldn't be the same here.
Was thinking of the same - it's easy for the best player to shine in his situation where he is the most talented of them all, not in Liverpool where a lot of players are at his level or better.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #162 on: November 3, 2016, 11:17:49 am »
Shame we let him go but he's showing his talent for Stoke

Not really we had Joe Allen for 4 years and in that time what did he do?

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: November 3, 2016, 02:48:41 pm »
show what he can do with decent run of form without any injuries.  His injury record with us was horrible to be honest. and it always happens when he was getting into a good run of games.

always felt that stoke was a weird choice for him. Swansea would fit him better.

But that kind of show what a versatile player he is. Stoke's best player everytime i see them play(which is only a couple of times to be honest)

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #164 on: November 3, 2016, 03:38:13 pm »
It's frustrating cause with the balance we've struck now in centre-mid, he'd be fucking ideal...Indisputable.

I just put it down to bad timing.
« Last Edit: November 3, 2016, 03:40:47 pm by BER »

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: November 4, 2016, 01:27:45 am »
As I said earlier he actually scored some important goals for us last season playing further forward and made excellent performances with his link up play but Klopp wasn't convinced. Now he has continued in the sort of role at Stoke and has been actually providing the goals that Gini has been expected to get. So he possibly could've got into our team in that left CM spot, especially as Can has shown he can take the spot as well after Gini's injury.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: November 4, 2016, 06:11:34 am »
no suprise he is doing well.Most of us wouldn't have blinked if he was offered and accepted a new contract but we just cant let quality players go on frees, we are not Schalke !

Offline Juneau

• Anny Roader
« Reply #167 on: June 17, 2017, 08:17:37 pm »
Just won the great one's matchworn shirt in Daniel Agger's foundation auction.

All praise be to the wee God.

I'll cash in on this sound investment when his true ability is revealed and he goes down alongside the game's all time greats of Pele, Maradona and Suarez.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: June 18, 2017, 12:25:59 am »
Just won the great one's matchworn shirt in Daniel Agger's foundation auction.

All praise be to the wee God.

I'll cash in on this sound investment when his true ability is revealed and he goes down alongside the game's all time greats of Pele, Maradona and Suarez.

I too have a match worn players shirt that I bought at auction , signed by all the squad it's also a champions league match worn shirt , worn by none other than a champions league winner ...Djimi Traore I just refer to it as my pension

Offline Juneau

• Anny Roader
« Reply #169 on: June 18, 2017, 12:06:13 pm »
I too have a match worn players shirt that I bought at auction , signed by all the squad it's also a champions league match worn shirt , worn by none other than a champions league winner ...Djimi Traore I just refer to it as my pension

When Djimi helps coach (assistant coach) the Seattle Sounders to the MLS Trophy that shirt will be worth millions my friend!

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #170 on: December 9, 2017, 06:34:45 am »
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #171 on: January 12, 2018, 05:18:21 am »
Still think we should have kept him. Think he's a much better player than Henderson, who is somehow our captain.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: January 12, 2018, 03:15:00 pm »
Still think we should have kept him. Think he's a much better player than Henderson, who is somehow our captain.
the funny thing is, Henderson was the better player under Rodgers but Allen stepped it up I felt under klopp but Henderson went backwards. Thought he put in some quality performances during the europa league season and made a difference in a lot of matches
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline elpistolero7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: January 12, 2018, 03:17:02 pm »
the funny thing is, Henderson was the better player under Rodgers but Allen stepped it up I felt under klopp but Henderson went backwards. Thought he put in some quality performances during the europa league season and made a difference in a lot of matches

Allen had a lot of unfortunately timed injuries under Rodgers.

In our midfield, we lack composure sometimes, and far too many times, players make the wrong decisions, and make wayward passes which leave us vulnerable.

On pure merit (if Henderson was never made Captain), Allen should have stayed. He was also phenomenal for Wales. He could be good squad player for most top 4 teams. Henderson's level is Stoke.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: January 12, 2018, 03:41:14 pm »
Allen had plenty opportunities on merit to stay under klopp. He didn't impress him, his contract was running down and we let him go. Suggesting Henderson only got kept on because he's captain is way off. Klopp clearly doesn't give a fuck who's captain.

Offline elpistolero7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: January 12, 2018, 04:14:32 pm »
Allen had plenty opportunities on merit to stay under klopp. He didn't impress him, his contract was running down and we let him go. Suggesting Henderson only got kept on because he's captain is way off. Klopp clearly doesn't give a fuck who's captain.

I think it was also because we didn't have European football and he wouldn't get many chances.

Still think the captaincy had something to do with it. Henderson is not a better midfielder than Allen IMO. He just runs around, loses the ball, passes waywardly and is shocking when he's pressed. Allen is much better.

Gini is a similar level to Allen, a better version of Allen perhaps. Think Gini should have been bought, Allen retained and Hendo sold.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 04:16:17 pm by torbenpiechnik19 »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #176 on: January 12, 2018, 04:14:57 pm »
We've got Gini now who provides the same sort of things Allen did.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #177 on: January 12, 2018, 04:57:27 pm »

Yup. I like Joe but Gini is an upgrade for sure

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: January 12, 2018, 04:57:39 pm »

Aye and maybe I'm taking the simple view here but I have to think Klopp took into account Joe Allen's relative slightness.  I like Joe, but in a couple big moments I distinctly remember him being treated like a kid brother by Matic at Chelsea, fucking Fellaini a couple times.........maybe that's my way of saying I don't know what I'm talking about a la "THIS GOALKEEPER IS PURE CRAP BECUZ HE DROPPED A CLANGER....this one time" but my gut instinct is unless Joe Allen was Coutinho levels of good with the ball he was not going to stick around under Klopp.  To get even further away from the topic, do you think Klopp will recruit a big body to replace Emre Can?  I do.  None of which is to say Klopp ignores "it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog" but that I think the Joe discussion ties back to what far more knowledgeable posters have said, that Klopp's system relies on a big body in the center of the pitch to repel aerial route 1 balls over the press.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: January 12, 2018, 04:58:31 pm »
I think it was also because we didn't have European football and he wouldn't get many chances.

Still think the captaincy had something to do with it. Henderson is not a better midfielder than Allen IMO. He just runs around, loses the ball, passes waywardly and is shocking when he's pressed. Allen is much better.

Gini is a similar level to Allen, a better version of Allen perhaps. Think Gini should have been bought, Allen retained and Hendo sold.
Klopp made Enrique captain. He really doesn't care about it. Henderson wouldn't have started all those games and been kept during numerous windows because of some fabric.

I wanted us to keep Allen but it's not some conspiracy over the captaincy that is the reason he isn't here.

Offline elpistolero7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: January 20, 2018, 05:20:35 pm »
Far too good for Stoke.

He could do a better job at cm than Milner or Hendo, still perplexes me.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #181 on: January 20, 2018, 05:33:34 pm »
Far too good for Stoke.

he's the cock of the walk in that Stoke midfield

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: January 20, 2018, 05:36:21 pm »
Far too good for Stoke.

Ex player scores, suddenly we shouldn't have let him go.

At the time we let him go, Henderson was head and shoulders above him in quality.

Would Joe Allen have filled in at left back all last season? No, no he wouldn't.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline elpistolero7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: January 20, 2018, 07:07:58 pm »

At the time we let him go, Henderson was head and shoulders above him in quality.

Would Joe Allen have filled in at left back all last season? No, no he wouldn't.

Have always maintainted I rate Allen.

Good passer, good at pressing and keeps things simple. Henderson is not head and shoulders above in quality. He's  better at running and stamina. Nothing else.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #184 on: January 20, 2018, 08:32:34 pm »

He's never been head and shoulders above Allen, unless it's in height, which is probably why Joe went and Jordan stayed given the former was,is and probably will continue to be a better footballer.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: January 20, 2018, 09:08:37 pm »
What a player this kid is turning into. Mental we let him go.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: January 20, 2018, 09:10:42 pm »
What a player this kid is turning into. Mental we let him go.

Just because he scored?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #187 on: January 20, 2018, 09:14:23 pm »
Just because he scored?

He’s being sarcastic mate  ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: January 20, 2018, 11:20:23 pm »
He's never been head and shoulders above Allen, unless it's in height, which is probably why Joe went and Jordan stayed given the former was,is and probably will continue to be a better footballer.
Klopp prioritised height over talent. Ok.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #189 on: January 21, 2018, 12:26:26 am »

Peter Crouch confirmed then?  ;-)
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #190 on: January 21, 2018, 09:00:01 am »

He's not a Kante so it's understandable if Klopp felt more comfortable starting 6'0 or 6'1 Henderson and Emre Can over 5'6 Joe Allen. He's a better footballer, as I said, that he's not particularly quick, strong is a factor and more importantly it was the player who wanted to go anyway.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: January 21, 2018, 09:14:00 am »
Allen also couldn't get a game in midfield over the giant Milner and was replaced by the towering Wijnaldum. Not sure why people cant just accept Klopp thought Henderson was a better player and so was ok letting Allen go. Also not sure why there'
Is this idea that Allen was only competiting with Henderson for a place in the squad.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 09:28:07 am by Chris~ »

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: January 21, 2018, 10:09:18 am »
Far too good for Stoke.

Well there's 12 teams between us and them in the league so he's got plenty of options.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #193 on: January 21, 2018, 12:17:45 pm »
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #194 on: January 21, 2018, 03:44:31 pm »
Allen also couldn't get a game in midfield over the giant Milner and was replaced by the towering Wijnaldum. Not sure why people cant just accept Klopp thought Henderson was a better player and so was ok letting Allen go. Also not sure why there'
Is this idea that Allen was only competiting with Henderson for a place in the squad.

There's a bit of a difference between 5'6" and 5'9" though. Especially when it comes to aerial duels against other midfielders.

And Allen is a technically better footballer than Henderson. His handling of the ball is at least a level above what Henderson is capable of.

His athleticism, though, is probably a level below all of Henderson, Milner and Gini.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #195 on: June 18, 2018, 12:36:19 pm »
Signed a new 4 year deal with Stoke. Fair play to him for sticking with them in the championship. Could still have done a job for plenty of Premier league or Scottish clubs.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #196 on: June 19, 2018, 01:26:28 am »
Was stunned when I heard really

Reckon he's easily good enough for about 14 teams in the Prem

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #197 on: June 19, 2018, 08:35:33 am »
Probably feels responsible for them going down, unlike 99% of other players who would move on, he's a super nice chap who feels it's now his responsibility to get them back up to the PL.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #198 on: June 19, 2018, 09:47:27 am »
I thought he was a good player, a handy option to have. I wouldnt have him starting every week

thought he got a hard time here.

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: August 22, 2019, 08:53:44 am »
Sat bottom of the Championship, probably in the worst form of his life. He's been abysmal.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke