Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers  (Read 214969 times)

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Brendan Rodgers- New Celtic manager
« Reply #1680 on: August 17, 2017, 09:24:53 am »
Even Gary Neville would've won that league as Celtic manager.

I guess he believes this will turn him into a world-famous manager or something  :wave Will enjoy him failing in the Champions League this autumn. Hope we'll draw them and batter them.
Rodgers is buying well and has Celtic playing good football, wouldn't be so sure Liverpool would batter them at the moment.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1681 on: August 17, 2017, 09:26:39 am »
I'm gonna be honest, at the time he was sacked I wanted him gone. But if we held onto Suarez and he was given the right players that summer I'm sure we would have won the league that year. In a way he was a victim of his own success as he was never able to replicate that kind of football with us. What an amazing season that was.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1682 on: August 17, 2017, 09:27:08 am »
Rodgers is buying well and has Celtic playing good football, wouldn't be so sure Liverpool would batter them at the moment.

I think we would personally, but that certainly doesn't take away the fact that Rodgers is literally doing as good a job as he possibly could. Almost literally couldn't have been any better.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1683 on: August 17, 2017, 09:49:39 am »
Fair enough if you don't rate him as a manager, but I don't get why so many seem to dislike him. Yes, he has an ego and a certain arrogance at times, but he was nothing but respectful during his time here and even after he was sacked, so I don't see what he's done that is so horrible.  We also played some of the most exciting football I've ever seen under him, glad he's doing well now and hope he continues to in the future.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1684 on: August 17, 2017, 10:43:18 am »
Fair enough if you don't rate him as a manager, but I don't get why so many seem to dislike him. Yes, he has an ego and a certain arrogance at times, but he was nothing but respectful during his time here and even after he was sacked, so I don't see what he's done that is so horrible.  We also played some of the most exciting football I've ever seen under him, glad he's doing well now and hope he continues to in the future.

Same way I see things, he's still complementary about us and wants us to do well so why the hate? He got us closer to the league than any other manager has done in recent times (waits for someone to come on and say that was because we had Suarez) I think he'll be back in the Premier League soon enough - West Ham would be a good job for him. 
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1685 on: August 17, 2017, 10:49:35 am »
He should show his love for us by selling Dembele to us next summer ;) Come to think of it, i wish he was in charge when they had Van Dijk.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1686 on: August 17, 2017, 10:50:03 am »
He should show his love for us by selling Dembele to us next summer ;) Come to think of it, i wish he was in charge when they had Van Dijk.

He was in charge when they had Van Dijk ;)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #1687 on: August 17, 2017, 10:52:39 am »
Some of the shite still spouted about the guy by our fans on social media is absolutely embarrassing.

Why are our fans even remotely concerned about him any more? Old news.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1688 on: August 17, 2017, 11:25:58 am »
Out of curiosity, aside from Dembele, which players from Celtic can make into our squad?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1689 on: August 17, 2017, 11:46:10 am »
Out of curiosity, aside from Dembele, which players from Celtic can make into our squad?

Would Dembele....?

I'd always be pretty wary of signing players from such a weak league. The left back is pretty highly rated, no? And the guy they signed from Manchester City seems to be getting rave reviews.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1690 on: August 17, 2017, 12:44:58 pm »
He never said a bad word for our club or fans. He wants us to do well, and never hasn't shown any kind of bitterness. 
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1691 on: August 17, 2017, 01:47:55 pm »
Tierney will be a star, for me as good a full back as have seen in the last ten years.

Online Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1692 on: August 17, 2017, 07:28:35 pm »
I still have love for Brendan Rodgers. It was the right time for him to go, but he made it exciting to be a Liverpool fan and you could tell that he loved being the manager of Liverpool Football Club. I really hope he goes on to a more challenging job soon and smashes it.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1693 on: August 17, 2017, 09:34:34 pm »
Tierney will be a star, for me as good a full back as have seen in the last ten years.

No doubt. Tierney is a level above Robertson. Tierney is going to get extremely good and be one of the best left backs in Europe. His dynamite!!!

Dembele would get into the Liverpool squad as well.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1694 on: August 17, 2017, 09:36:27 pm »

Brendan a few months ago said VVD was one him and the committee did like.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1695 on: August 17, 2017, 09:45:37 pm »
Virgil's a beautiful human being...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1696 on: August 18, 2017, 04:44:45 pm »
Virgil's a beautiful human being...
;D ;D ;D

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1697 on: August 18, 2017, 05:01:23 pm »

Besides, I don't think it's particularly nice to call a fellow Red an idiot because they have a different opinion on a former manager who divided the fanbase. I prefer we just move on now.

Your no fellow Red of mine.

Openly slagging a former manger of Liverpool (other than Hodgson) is bang out of order.  Especially one that has shown respect and dignity throughout even though we sacked the bloke.

Never forget the year we nearly won it, Norwich away, Borini had just sunk Chelsea up at Sunderland.  We sang the Brendan Rodgers song loud and proud all day and all night.  Brendan and the team have given me some of my best days watching Liverpool.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1698 on: August 18, 2017, 07:06:57 pm »

Brendan wasn't always my cup of tea, I'll admit that. It is fine to have an ego, his ego and arrogance has gotten him where he is so you cant really berate him for that. He's 44 years old, he had no playing career yet he's already managed two of the most prestigious clubs in the world. You don't do that by being a bullshitter. Yeah, he is cringeworthy at times and would eat himself if he was chocolate but in spite of all that he is a very good coach. Being a coach is different to being a manager, and perhaps the management side of things got to him in the end here. He's learning and improving all the time and while it is set up perfectly in Scotland given how easy it is, it will get him winning experience and he's doing what his team should be doing with great style and by scoring lots of goals. You can argue with what he's doing there.

He was respectful of the club and fans during his tenure here and he has continued to be since he's left. I wish him well at Celtic going forward and he'll get another big job in the Premier League before too long, I'm sure of that.

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1699 on: August 19, 2017, 08:41:02 am »
I'm gonna be honest, at the time he was sacked I wanted him gone. But if we held onto Suarez and he was given the right players that summer I'm sure we would have won the league that year. In a way he was a victim of his own success as he was never able to replicate that kind of football with us. What an amazing season that was.

Let's no forget we were done over because of Henderson's red against City.

No red we win the league - Brendan can't be faulted for that.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1700 on: August 19, 2017, 09:40:05 am »
Rodgers is doing well in a one-team league.

IF he'd come to us after good experience in a higher league, good experience in cups and with a squad and with experience of Europe, then I think he could have been very decent for us.

As it was, he just didn't have the experience for a club like Liverpool. Did very well when things went well. Didn't know what to do when things didn't go well. That's experience.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #1701 on: August 19, 2017, 10:17:58 am »

IF he'd come to us after good experience in a higher league, good experience in cups and with a squad and with experience of Europe, then I think he could have been very decent for us.

As it was, he just didn't have the experience for a club like Liverpool. Did very well when things went well. Didn't know what to do when things didn't go well. That's experience.
I agree; he seemed a little lost when we were going through rough patches. The problem is, I don't know how he can get that experience with Celtic as he is never going to go through anything like a bad patch up there in reality.

Brendan has already achieved the main objective for Celtic this season which is making the Group Stages. The only question is whether he can do another treble and remain unbeaten again in Scotland. Must be 50 or so games unbeaten in Scottish comps now?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1702 on: August 19, 2017, 10:27:56 am »

He came from Swansea and got us the closest we'd come to winning the league for decades, I'd say that's very decent myself.

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1703 on: August 24, 2017, 06:47:06 pm »
Shite draw in terms of potential progress but some nice European nights for them to look forward to at least.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1704 on: August 24, 2017, 06:47:26 pm »
Oooohh, yer fucked.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1705 on: August 24, 2017, 06:47:48 pm »
Shite draw in terms of potential progress but some nice European nights for them to look forward to at least.

Getting battered by Bayern and PSG isn't my idea of a nice European night.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1706 on: August 24, 2017, 06:50:35 pm »
Cricket scores in store for them once again.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1707 on: August 24, 2017, 06:51:16 pm »

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1708 on: August 24, 2017, 07:00:38 pm »
Not a bad draw, they'll still have Europe after christmas and can make a few waves in the Europa.

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #1709 on: August 24, 2017, 10:02:36 pm »
I still have love for Brendan Rodgers. It was the right time for him to go, but he made it exciting to be a Liverpool fan and you could tell that he loved being the manager of Liverpool Football Club. I really hope he goes on to a more challenging job soon and smashes it.

Spot on mate
Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #1710 on: August 25, 2017, 12:51:38 am »

Maybe, but they went toe to toe with City last year so who knows? Wish them all the best.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #1711 on: August 25, 2017, 01:33:27 am »
Goal will be to win home and away vs. Anderlecht and maybe sneak two lucky draws. That'd guarantee 3rd place and give them an outside chance of 2nd.

I don't see any of the above happening, mind you.

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1712 on: August 25, 2017, 01:46:38 am »

Again? There was only one last season like. Embarrassing result but Rodgers first CL proper game with them, away at Barca not an easy task. Improved a lot since then.

Will be interesting to see how they do though. Not saying a thrashing won't happen.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1713 on: August 25, 2017, 04:56:28 am »
Goal will be to win home and away vs. Anderlecht and maybe sneak two lucky draws. That'd guarantee 3rd place and give them an outside chance of 2nd.

I don't see any of the above happening, mind you.

If they beat Anderlecht home and away, they'll get 3rd. No way Anderlecht get 6 points against Bayern or PSG. 4 points will surely be enough to get 3rd.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1714 on: August 25, 2017, 06:32:21 am »
I reckon they'll get third. 3 points at home to Anderlecht and wouldn't be surprised to see them hold one of the big guns to a draw at Celtic Park as well, they'll get twatted at the Allianz and PSG's stadium like.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1715 on: August 25, 2017, 08:25:32 am »
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #1716 on: August 25, 2017, 09:00:30 am »
Your no fellow Red of mine.

Openly slagging a former manger of Liverpool (other than Hodgson) is bang out of order.  Especially one that has shown respect and dignity throughout even though we sacked the bloke.

Judgement day has come on me it seems. Can't we just agree to disagree without having to throw insults around? :( If I'm going to be really honest us in 2013-14 was one of the luckiest teams I've ever seen to get away with that dreadful defending for so long. It was extremely funny to watch us play but my issues with Brendan stem from what happened after that, including him benching Gerrard at the Bernabeu and having no organic idea on how we should play, which set us back for years. When he was let go we were essentially playing Hodgson-like football and solely relying on Coutinho's and Sturridge's individual ability to even scrape the odd win. Meanwhile he kept saying weird things to the press after the poor performances and gave the most underwhelming finish I've ever seen to a season with those 2015 Palace and Stoke games.

He's not a crap manager in any way, but I think he and many others believe he did a much better job at Liverpool than he really did. Granted we had big runs in both 2012-13 and 2014-15 in the league at times but also absolute horror runs. Granted had Everton not thrown in the towel against City at home he would've been a PL winner and he might have grown from there, Suárez might have stayed and all that. Who knows? But by the high bar set post-Shankly I'd rate him lower than other not-league winners such as Evans, Houllier and Benítez - reliable top four coaches who all won things small or very big.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 09:02:57 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1717 on: September 4, 2017, 11:38:41 am »
He has an autobiography coming out at the end of October which should be pretty interesting.

"From a small village on the north-east coast of Ireland to the treble-winning manager of Celtic, Brendan Rodgers’ football journey has been a remarkable one of dedication, hard work, a desire to always keep improving and a determination to succeed at the highest level of the sport … and throughout his life there has always been a love of his team … Celtic Football Club.

In his own words, Brendan Rodgers tells his story – from a promising young footballer growing up in Carnlough and dreaming of playing for Celtic one day through to his professional career – as a player, a coach and now as one of football’s top managers. And Celtic supporters will also enjoy an insight into a remarkable season – from the first competitive game in Gibraltar through to the thrilling Scottish Cup final, with plenty of highlights in between, including the manager’s first trophy triumph and some unforgettable Glasgow derbies."

http://celticsuperstore.co.uk/stores/celtic/en/product/celtic-brendan-rodgers---the-road-to-paradise--the-official-autobiography/218509?portal=gbc-celtic93&oloc=bgw&bypass=30x&gclid=eaiaiqobchmips2y8aql1givqlvtch2qgwgqeaqyasabegi2svd_bwe

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #1718 on: September 4, 2017, 11:56:34 am »
With Liverpool you can go away from home and draw and that’s OK. But Celtic, you have to win every game. It’s a different pressure.

When praised during the Q&A session by a Liverpool supporter in the crowd in Belfast - “they don’t know how lucky they are,” the Scouser said – Rodgers said: “Thank you.

“I came as close as anyone there to the holy grail of winning the league. That season, with the fans, it was special.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-special-draining-liverpool-13568553

Errrm.

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #1719 on: September 4, 2017, 12:00:28 pm »
With Liverpool you can go away from home and draw and that’s OK. But Celtic, you have to win every game. It’s a different pressure.

When praised during the Q&A session by a Liverpool supporter in the crowd in Belfast - “they don’t know how lucky they are,” the Scouser said – Rodgers said: “Thank you.

“I came as close as anyone there to the holy grail of winning the league. That season, with the fans, it was special.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-special-draining-liverpool-13568553

Errrm.

Fuck me. As if his head wasn't big enough