Author Topic: Cecil The Lion killed by US Dentist.  (Read 34056 times)

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Cecil The Lion killed by US Dentist.
« Reply #200 on: September 7, 2015, 09:49:23 am »
This pathetic excuse for a man is back at work. “If I had known this lion had a name and was important to the country or a study obviously I wouldn’t have taken it,” Palmer said.  >:(

Cecil the lion's killer Walter Palmer returns to work
US dentist challenges stories about Zimbabwean hunt and says he was ‘heartbroken’ for staff when he had to close his clinic

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/sep/07/cecil-the-lions-killer-walter-palmer-going-back-to-work-within-days
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: September 9, 2015, 12:22:45 am »
What a fucking lowlife scumbag  :no :no :no :no
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-34190326

A man who poached a deer from a field in south London, took it home and slit its throat has been given a seven month suspended sentence.

Mian Zeeshan Shahid, 32, from Kenley, south London, was convicted of taking a deer and causing it unnecessary suffering.

He had boasted of the killing on a Facebook group called 'Deer Stalkers International'.

Members of the group forwarded the post to the Metropolitan Police.

In December, he took the deer from a field in Mitchley Avenue, South Croydon, and drove it to his home.
'Good meal'

He then killed the animal by cutting its throat.

Later that day, Shahid posted an update on a Facebook group devoted to legal deer-stalking, boasting of killing a deer and making "a good meal for 10".

His hunting gear and air weapons were seized.

Shahid pleaded guilty to both counts of taking a deer and causing it unnecessary suffering and received sentences of four and three months to run concurrently, suspended for two years.

He was also ordered to undertake 200 hours of unpaid work.

Croydon Wildlife Crime officer Ian Reeve said the deer had died "a prolonged, painful and unnecessary death".

"Ultimately, his boasting on the internet and reports from eagle-eyed members of the public helped us to catch him and bring him before a court," he said.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #202 on: September 9, 2015, 01:27:44 pm »
Yeah man.... He's just back at work to save up until he has enough cash to go and murder some more Cheetahs or Elephants or Rhinos or Lions....  what an utter c*nt.

I hope he gets fucking eaten next time he's out in Africa slaughtering beautiful creatures to get his kicks.

:wanker
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: September 9, 2015, 04:30:14 pm »
What a fucking lowlife scumbag  :no :no :no :no
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-34190326
At least he actually ate the Deer, plus he'll repay the community with 200 hrs.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: September 9, 2015, 08:13:48 pm »
At least he actually ate the Deer, plus he'll repay the community with 200 hrs.

So the deer didn't suffer needlessly because he ate it and will do community service? :lmao

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: September 9, 2015, 08:39:28 pm »
So the deer didn't suffer needlessly because he ate it and will do community service? :lmao
Court says it did suffer needlessly I say he killed to eat and has been punished accordingly.   
Do you want him fined or jailed?
Do you think its the same as travelling thousands of miles and spending thousands of dollars in order to kill for pleasure.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: September 10, 2015, 09:16:38 am »
Court says it did suffer needlessly I say he killed to eat and has been punished accordingly.   
Do you want him fined or jailed?
Do you think its the same as travelling thousands of miles and spending thousands of dollars in order to kill for pleasure.

Yes I do. He could have went to the shop and bought some burgers if he was hungry. Instead, he lures a deer to his house and slits its throat. You don't see any issues with that just because he ate it?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: September 10, 2015, 11:01:25 am »
He could have stolen some food if he had no money.  I'm assuming, though, that as he could afford the gas and leccy to cook the animal to feed 10 people, he wasn't hard up.  And unless he was an expert Kosher butcher I'm guessing it was a pretty painful and brutal end for the animal.

The article says nothing about if the animal was stunned or injured prior to be killed; I will guess it was partially incapacitated if he used a high powered air gun on it.  I can only say that if I had my throat slit whilst semi conscious then I imagine it would be a most unpleasant experience.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: September 10, 2015, 04:09:13 pm »
Yes I do. He could have went to the shop and bought some burgers if he was hungry. Instead, he lures a deer to his house and slits its throat. You don't see any issues with that just because he ate it?
" Yes I do"  What ?
You want him fined ? how much
You want him Jailed ? how long
You think its the same as Cecil ?
Why do you think I've got no issues with it ? I'm happy he's been caught and punished.    .

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #209 on: September 11, 2015, 10:43:39 pm »
I asked a question earlier in the thread which never received an answer.  This guy has reportedly spent hundreds of thousands on 'hunts' on a global basis.  How much do dentists earn in the states?  Over here I think they may earn around say £100k pa which may be $130k depending on exchange rates.  Not to be sniffed at but not up there to maintain his apparent outgoings.  How can he afford to do what he does?  Or are dentists in the states millionaires?

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #210 on: September 11, 2015, 10:48:50 pm »
I asked a question earlier in the thread which never received an answer.  This guy has reportedly spent hundreds of thousands on 'hunts' on a global basis.  How much do dentists earn in the states?  Over here I think they may earn around say £100k pa which may be $130k depending on exchange rates.  Not to be sniffed at but not up there to maintain his apparent outgoings.  How can he afford to do what he does?  Or are dentists in the states millionaires?

I think he owns the business, and given most dental work is private in the US (I think) then I imagine it could earn a nice penny or three.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: September 11, 2015, 11:33:45 pm »

They probably earn much more than dentists here. Americans are obsessed with having perfect teeth.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: September 12, 2015, 08:52:15 am »
Yeah, he probably makes a fortune doing a lot of "cosmetic" work like teeth whitening, discrete fillings etc.  The nuts and bolts of dentistry - maintaining healthy teeth, fillings, extractions etc - is probably secondary.

I remember being quoted £800 for a root canal filling by a private dentist, and that was ten years ago. 

Popcorn's Art

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #213 on: September 15, 2015, 05:44:12 pm »
They probably earn much more than dentists here. Americans are obsessed with having perfect teeth.

Haha nice one, Katie Hopkins  :P Dentists in America make a fortune, limited only really by the number of victims they see per day. When I worked at the country club, there was a group of them that had a semi-monthly luncheon and they spent a shitload of money on it, and at the club in general - they were some of the wealthiest members there, as wealthy as the surgeons and other doctors. Dentists are known for hiring the hottest assistants humanly possible and for being utterly degenerate. 
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Thush

• Spawwow, Tit. Anal Chat is "Equidistant between chit-chat and analysis"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's pronounced "Toosh"
« Reply #214 on: September 15, 2015, 06:42:36 pm »
Haha nice one, Katie Hopkins  :P Dentists in America make a fortune, limited only really by the number of victims they see per day. When I worked at the country club, there was a group of them that had a semi-monthly luncheon and they spent a shitload of money on it, and at the club in general - they were some of the wealthiest members there, as wealthy as the surgeons and other doctors. Dentists are known for hiring the hottest assistants humanly possible and for being utterly degenerate. 

You're an anti-dentite!

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #215 on: September 15, 2015, 07:36:36 pm »
You're an anti-dentite!

You're not wrong  ;)
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #217 on: October 13, 2015, 08:59:05 am »
as expected he got off without a single worry and everything died down... what a c*nt...I hope his business goes under and he ends up bankrupt... vile person

Offline BUSHMILLS

• PEBBLEHOUSE. Your auntie's agent provocateur.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never ask what's under his patio
« Reply #218 on: October 14, 2015, 12:57:22 am »
You're an anti-dentite!

The best episode ever ("Yada yada")

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #219 on: October 15, 2015, 09:46:40 pm »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/zimbabwe/11934535/Huge-tusked-African-elephant-killed-by-german-hunter-in-Zimbabwe.html

Biggest elephant killed in Africa for almost 30 years brings back memories of Cecil the lion
Exclusive: German hunter pays nearly £40,000 to shoot one of the largest elephants ever seen in Zimbabwe, while conservationists and safari guides mourn the loss of ‘magnificent’ animal

It is an image that will haunt conservationists: one of Africa’s most majestic creatures lying dead on the ground as a white Western hunter poses proudly by its side.

Barely three months after the shooting of Cecil the lion caused global outrage, a German hunter has risked the wrath of animal lovers once more by shooting dead one of the largest elephants ever seen in Zimbabwe.

Mystery surrounded the identity of the elephant, which was estimated to have been between 40 and 60 years old, but had never been seen before in Zimbabwe’s southern Gonarezhou National Park.

But its tusks, which almost touch the ground in a photograph taken moments after its shooting, confirmed its exceptional nature, weighing a combined 120lb.

It was shot on October 8 in a private hunting concession bordering Gonarezhou by a hunter who paid $60,000 (£39,000) for a permit to land a large bull elephant and was accompanied by a local, experienced professional hunter celebrated by the hunting community for finding his clients large elephants.

The German national, who the hunt’s organisers have refused to name, had travelled to Zimbabwe to conduct a 21-day game hunt including the Big Five of elephants, leopards, lions, buffalo and rhinoceros.

“Individual elephants such as these should be accorded their true value as a National Heritage and should be off limits to hunting"
Anthony Kaschula, Safari firm owner

The kill was celebrated in hunting forums around the world, where it was suggested he might have been the biggest elephant killed in Africa for almost 30 years.

Conservationists and photographic safari operators in the area expressed their outrage on Thursday night, saying the animal was one of a kind and should have been preserved for all to see.

Anthony Kaschula, who operates a photographic safari firm in Gonarezhou, posted pictures of the hunt on Facebook, said the elephant had never been seen in the area before but would have been celebrated by visitors and locals alike.

“We have no control over poaching but we do have control over hunting policy that should acknowledge that animals such as this one are of far more value alive (to both hunters and non-hunters) than dead,” he wrote.

“Individual elephants such as these should be accorded their true value as a National Heritage and should be off limits to hunting. In this case, we have collectively failed to ensure that legislation is not in place to help safeguard such magnificent animals.”

Unlike Cecil, the black-maned lion beloved by tourists who was shot by American dentist Walter Palmer in Hwange National Park using a bow and arrow in July, the animal’s origin was not immediately known.

It was speculated that he might have come up from South Africa, since there is no border between the Kruger National Park and Gonarezhou, which form part of the Great Limpopo Transfrontier Park created by former South African president Nelson Mandela.

Some suggested that the elephant might be a massive bull called Nkombo, who was a satellite collared elephant from the Kruger who lost his collar in 2014. Nkombo was however spotted in the Kruger on October 3, making it unlikely that he would have completed a journey of several hundred miles in five days.

William Mabasa, of South Africa’s National Parks, said Kruger’s elephant experts were looking into the case. “If this elephant came up from the Kruger, he would have had to go through all the communities on the edge of Gonarezhou and someone would have seen him. It’s not possible.”

Louis Muller, chairman of the Zimbabwe Professional Hunters & Guides Association, said the hunter had only realised how large the “tusker” was once he had been shot.

"He told me when he and his client were stalking this elephant he saw the tusks were big but did not realize just how big until afterwards and he saw them close. He is going back to see if he can find the lower jaw and bring it back so we can accurately age this elephant,” he told The Telegraph.

"We checked everywhere and this elephant has never been seen before, not in Zimbabwe nor Kruger. We would have known it because its tusks are huge. There have been five or six giant tuskers shot in the last year or so, and we knew all of them, but none as big as this one.”

He said his organisation had suggested that unique elephants should be collared to protect them from hunting. “We have suggested before to all concerned parties that each elephant area should collar a few with biggest tusks, so that we do not shoot them,” he said. "Nobody responded to our suggestion last year. We believe this might now be taken seriously.”

The man who helped arrange the hunt, who did not want to be named, defended his client. “This was a legal hunt and the client did nothing wrong,” he said. “We hunters have thick skins and we know what the greenies will say. This elephant was probably 60 years old and had spread its seed many many times over.”

He said his organisation paid as much as 70 per cent of its hunting fees back to the local community and observed quotas for animals. “This is good for Zimbabwe and good for local people,” he said. “It’s not uncommon for hunters to spend $100,000 (£64,551) each trip.”

Meanwhile Zimbabwe National Parks has called for stiffer penalties for poachers following the discovery on Tuesday of 26 more elephant carcasses that died of cyanide poisoning at two different locations in the Hwange National Park.

Cyanide poisoning is a growing problem in the country since a mass poisoning in October 2013 resulted in up to 100 deaths.

The 26 elephants were discovered by rangers following another discovery last week of 14 other elephants, also poisoned to death by cyanide.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: October 16, 2015, 08:56:55 am »
How the fuck is anybody even allowed to shoot elephants?? :'(

Popcorn's Art

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: October 16, 2015, 11:05:07 am »
How the fuck is anybody even allowed to shoot elephants?? :'(

The way it works is that people willing to spend a large amount of money to kill a big animal can do so, while the politicians pocket said money and enrich themselves. A token amount gets returned to the running of the national park, to ensure that there is always big game around so that westerners can keep paying up. Think that sums it up.

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #222 on: October 16, 2015, 01:38:03 pm »
I wonder what will happen to those huge tusks? Destroyed or sold to some Chinese piece of shit?
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: October 16, 2015, 04:10:41 pm »
If only they would hunt Robert Mugabe instead.....
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: October 16, 2015, 09:31:40 pm »
'The kill was celebrated in hunting forums around the world, where it was suggested he may have been the largest elephant killed in Africa in 30 years'.

WTF? Not only are there actually hunting forums around the world, but they're actually celebrating the slaying for no reason of such an animal?

Sometimes you just despair.  What is the point in some people?  Just using up oxygen.  So much poverty and people struggling to live a basic existence and cnuts like this shell out tens of thousands to shoot a defenceless animal.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #225 on: October 16, 2015, 10:09:51 pm »
I fucking hate hunters, there is no punishment that is severe enough for these absolute cowards. Hunters and poachers are no different, they all deserve to die painfully.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: July 20, 2017, 04:24:43 pm »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #227 on: July 22, 2017, 08:52:19 am »
" Yes I do"  What ?
You want him fined ? how much
You want him Jailed ? how long
You think its the same as Cecil ?
Why do you think I've got no issues with it ? I'm happy he's been caught and punished.    .

£50,000 - jailed for 5 years sounds fair to me.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #228 on: July 22, 2017, 08:54:02 am »
I fucking hate hunters, there is no punishment that is severe enough for these absolute cowards. Hunters and poachers are no different, they all deserve to die painfully.

In Western Society, maybe.

Do you hate hunters, say, in wilderness areas where someone is a hundred miles away from the nearest town? Like indigenous Eskimos or Hunter-Gatherers that live in Tibet or China or Russia?

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #229 on: July 22, 2017, 09:04:04 am »
Are they not doing that to survive? Can you eat lion. Honest question.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #230 on: July 22, 2017, 09:24:37 am »
Can you eat lion. Honest question.

Leaving aside the ethics of it, yes.

Depending on how desperate you are, with just a few exceptions like for example Polar bear liver, you can eat almost any meat provided it is prepared and cooked correctly.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #231 on: July 22, 2017, 09:38:42 am »
Thanks mate. Whats wrong with polar bear liver. Aside from killing the poor fucker.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #232 on: July 22, 2017, 09:42:16 am »
Whats wrong with polar bear liver...

It seems to have some side effects when ingested by humans....

Illness severity depended on how much liver the explorers consumed, but symptoms typically included drowsiness, sluggishness, irritability, severe headache, bone pain, blurred vision and vomiting. Perhaps the most horrific symptom they encountered was peeling skin. While milder cases merely involved flaking around the mouth, some accounts reported cases of full-body skin loss. Even the thick skin on the bottoms of a patient's feet could peel away, leaving the underlying flesh bloody and exposed. The worst cases ended in liver damage, hemorrhage, coma and death.

These explorers suffered from acute hypervitaminosis A, a condition resulting from the overconsumption of vitamin A during a short period of time. The polar bear's liver, much like those of arctic seals and huskies, contains extremely high levels of retinol

http://animals.howstuffworks.com/mammals/eat-polar-bear-liver.htm
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #233 on: July 22, 2017, 10:07:01 am »
Leaving aside the ethics of it, yes.

Depending on how desperate you are, with just a few exceptions like for example Polar bear liver, you can eat almost any meat provided it is prepared and cooked correctly.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: February 1, 2018, 06:36:28 am »
HAha !!

Thought I would put this in here instead of starting a new thread.

Trophy hunter killed while aiming rifle at lion in South Africa

A Croatian trophy hunter looking to “complete his extensive collection” of big game cat hides was shot dead in South Africa as he hunted lions.

Pero Jelinic, 75, was struck by a stray bullet from a fellow hunter’s rifle right after he had killed one lion and was preparing his shot to kill another nearby in the North West province of South Africa near Setlagole, local news outlets reported. Police spokesperson Charlize van der Linden told News24 that the retired Croatian hotelier was in the process of targeting the second lion when he was struck.

Local police have opened an investigation into whether the shot that killed Jelinic as he was aiming at the second lion was an accident or a potential homicide. The hunt took place at the Leeubosch Lodge, about four hours from Johannesburg and 40 miles from the country's border with Botswana.

The 75-year-old Croatian hotelier, Pero Jelinic, was shot dead as he aimed his rifle to kill a second lion. Photo: Picture: Pero Jelinic Facebook

“He was airlifted to Vryburg Hospital by helicopter, but doctors were unable to save the man's life," van der Linden told News24 Wednesday. “A case of culpable homicide has been opened, and police are also investigating charges of illegal possession of a firearm and ammunition. At this stage it is not clear who fired the fatal shot that killed Mr Jelinic. Our investigations are ongoing.”

Friends of Jelinic told local news outlets that he loved “canned” big game hunting that is a controversial industry in which cats are bred in certain regions and hunters pay to track and kill them for trophies. Slavko Pernar, told Croatian paper Jutarnji List that Jelinic “was a passionate hunter of big and small game, and in search of that he travelled most of the world.”

His friends added that he had leased his hotel in order to “dedicate himself” to big game trophy hunting in his retirement.

'He, unfortunately, received the ugliest end – he died in South Africa doing what he loved. His office, a hunting hall, was full of trophies, deer and bear specimens and everything that could be hunted in Croatia and Europe.'

The more of these sick fucks that leave this world doing what they love the better.One Lion wasn't enough for him but I am so glad that he tried for another.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #235 on: February 1, 2018, 07:07:09 am »
Hopefully he is skinned and turned into a rug.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: February 1, 2018, 07:16:03 am »

Would be great if the guy who shot him had paid to hunt a hunter.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: February 1, 2018, 07:40:46 am »
Pathetic breed of people.
What irks me most is this approach where they are some kind of sportsman, and are overcoming terrible odds to conquer nature. They act like they are early explorers - not fat, old and rich c*nts shooting defenseless creatures with 21st century weapons. Megacunts.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: February 1, 2018, 07:44:13 am »
i hope his head is used as for decorative effect by a lion pride

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: February 1, 2018, 08:16:54 am »
Karma.

On the other hand, I hope the stupidity/carelessness of one person doesn't adversely affect the business of the lodge.