Author Topic: Draft Towers  (Read 320126 times)

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Draft Towers
« Reply #2200 on: January 18, 2018, 09:47:05 pm »
Four hours for an eleven-pick draft. This is going to take weeks.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2201 on: January 18, 2018, 09:48:34 pm »
It's a relaxed draft mate. Footie drafts got crazy towards the middle and end.  ;D

I mean if you're online you'll pick anyway as quickly as possible.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2202 on: January 18, 2018, 09:54:12 pm »
Four hours? Nice one Betty.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2203 on: January 18, 2018, 11:11:28 pm »
Four hours? Nice one Betty.

Not sure if that's sarcasm :D

It will be an interesting experiment that's for sure and if it doesn't work out we can always switch to 2 hours in a later round.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2204 on: January 19, 2018, 07:02:03 am »
Not sure if that's sarcasm :D

It will be an interesting experiment that's for sure and if it doesn't work out we can always switch to 2 hours in a later round.

No sarcasm :) An hour time limit is always pretty tight. Some of us have lives. Not me but you know, other people do.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #2205 on: January 19, 2018, 07:36:14 am »
No sarcasm :) An hour time limit is always pretty tight. Some of us have lives. Not me but you know, other people do.

;D

I like the 4 hour limit as well. Might be a bit frustrating at times if we're waiting ages between picks, but it should lead to more discussion instead of just flying through the draft in 3-4 days.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2206 on: February 12, 2018, 06:35:16 pm »
Anybody up for an all time LFC draft?

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #2207 on: February 12, 2018, 10:12:29 pm »
 :wave

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #2208 on: February 12, 2018, 10:13:12 pm »
I'm in.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2209 on: February 12, 2018, 10:13:55 pm »
I'm in for whatever if it's footy-related.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2210 on: February 12, 2018, 10:18:09 pm »
Could start it this week if there's enough players, considering the weekend will be pretty boring, what with no football being on.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #2211 on: February 12, 2018, 10:32:45 pm »
In get....
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #2212 on: February 12, 2018, 10:39:31 pm »
Aye go on then.

What's the criteria. Their career form or LFC form?

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2213 on: February 12, 2018, 10:46:54 pm »
Aye go on then.

What's the criteria. Their career form or LFC form?

LFC career only I think would better no?

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #2214 on: February 12, 2018, 11:06:47 pm »
I’d be game.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #2215 on: February 12, 2018, 11:50:17 pm »
Anybody up for an all time LFC draft?

IN!
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2216 on: February 23, 2018, 07:28:31 pm »
Interesting idea off Mikey for a Footie draft.

11 Clubs and and you pick one play per club.  Performances and trophies won based off that club only.

Liverpool
AC Milan
Juventus
Inter Milan
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich
Borussia Dortmund
Ajax
Man Utd
Arsenal

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2217 on: February 24, 2018, 07:50:09 pm »
I think we'll call this draft 11 from 11 Club Edition.  8)

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2218 on: February 24, 2018, 07:51:47 pm »
I think we'll call this draft 11 from 11 Club Edition.  8)

If only we hadn't already done this exact draft  ;D

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=330187.0
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2219 on: February 24, 2018, 07:55:30 pm »
 ;D

Recycling is good.

Also how about the other draft idea, an AC Milan or Barca club draft.

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #2220 on: February 24, 2018, 10:10:52 pm »
The domino draft was by far the best one.  I loved that.  You needed to be strategic as well as picking good players to make sure you could get more good players.

I'm still sore I didn't win that.  I don't think I got credit for the Badger Cull move, it was like it just annoyed people.  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2221 on: February 24, 2018, 10:44:58 pm »
Badger Cull will go down in draft history mate. We all thought you were fucked.  ;D

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2222 on: February 24, 2018, 10:56:42 pm »
I'd be happy to run a Current Players Sheep draft. May need help with rounds though
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2223 on: February 24, 2018, 11:17:30 pm »
Badger Cull will go down in draft history mate. We all thought you were fucked.  ;D
So did I

I need to read back through that thread  ;D

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2224 on: February 24, 2018, 11:30:27 pm »
So did I

I need to read back through that thread  ;D
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=319521.0

How did this team not win?  It'd win an all time draft of any type in my eyes

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #2225 on: February 25, 2018, 12:42:07 pm »
Interesting idea off Mikey for a Footie draft.

11 Clubs and and you pick one play per club.  Performances and trophies won based off that club only.

Liverpool
AC Milan
Juventus
Inter Milan
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich
Borussia Dortmund
Ajax
Man Utd
Arsenal

You could do this in a number of ways.

Either have each round as a club

Or

State the clubs you have to pick a player from but don’t decide what order people have to pick them in. This adds a bit more strategy as to when you pick from a side as you could get first pick from a club or pick a better player from a different club but sacrifice a good pick from another side.

Or

You could leave the eleven clubs open for people to decide themselves which adds another element of strategy. You could pick Real Madrid but know loads of other people will as well or a less fancied team but be more likely to grab their best player ever.

This last one is my preference. I think you’d need to PM the club choices to someone in private too. Then as the draft unfolds you’re still second guessing what clubs other people have picked. You might be the only person to pick a team and can draft them in the last round but as you don’t know who anyone else has got youd have to judge that for yourself and so could miss out.

It has the benefits of the sheep draft in that way I guess.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 12:55:43 pm by mikey_LFC »
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2226 on: February 25, 2018, 01:35:19 pm »
I have been informed we already did this draft mate. it slipped my mind.  ;D

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2227 on: February 25, 2018, 02:01:01 pm »
I have been informed we already did this draft mate. it slipped my mind.  ;D

It could be done again with some sort of new twist. Not sure why we did a 'Ligue 1' pick last time either, as that seemed to defeat the purpose of taking 11 players from 11 clubs!

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #2228 on: February 25, 2018, 02:49:21 pm »
I tought we were drafting our favorite sheeps next, weren't we?

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2229 on: February 25, 2018, 06:20:59 pm »
I tought we were drafting our favorite sheeps next, weren't we?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2230 on: February 25, 2018, 06:22:41 pm »
What iiiiiffff its a normal all time draft but you have to have the same nationality in each of the three positions (goalkeeper goes with defence)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2231 on: February 25, 2018, 06:24:07 pm »
When Lobo is bringing ideas to the table you know we've done every footie draft imaginable. But that's an interesting move.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2232 on: February 25, 2018, 06:34:38 pm »
I've already copyrighted 'The Neapolitan Draft'
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2233 on: February 25, 2018, 09:19:37 pm »
Two different yet somewhat related ideas -

The Brexit Draft! (working title)

According to the Home Office in order to become a British citizen you must have:

- lived in the UK for at least 5 years
- spent no more than 450 days outside the UK during those 5 years
- you’re of good character, for example, you don’t have a serious or recent criminal record

The football drafting Gods have tasked you to create an all-time 11 of players who were either born in England or have played in the old Division 1/Premier League for a minimum of 5 years with no breaks.

In the name of promoting 'good character' within the laws of the game. Roy Keane, Patrick Vieira, Richard Dunne, and Everton's finest Duncan Ferguson have all had their applications rejected due to their red card records. While Cantona and Evra have also been denied for assaulting fans. Rumour has it appeals are being made by all parties.....

In the interests of equality, your team of outfield players must consist of even numbers of born Englishman and 'naturalised' citizens, with your goalkeeper allowed to be either.

No further restrictions. Snake draft.

-----

The (Johnny) Foreigner Draft

Football as we know it wouldn't be the same without the impact of foreign players. Imagine English football with no Suarez, no Henry, no Duncan Ferguson. Or La Liga without Messi and C. Ronaldo duking it out. Or Germany without.... all those players who aren't German. Anyway. Foreigners are great. Long live foreigners.

This draft is about picking the best of the best foreigners to have played in leagues other than the country(/ies) they have represented Internationally. For example, you could pick Luis Suarez (England) or Luis Suarez (Spain). But if you wanted to pick Pele, he would only be eligible for the New York Cosmos in the US league! All performances will therefore be based in the one league you pick that player from.

For the purposes of this draft, a "foreign country" will be defined as one which the player in question has never played an official senior international football match. RIP Di Stefano.

No further restrictions. Snake draft etc

What do you think?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 10:05:29 pm by Betty Blue »

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2234 on: February 25, 2018, 09:21:05 pm »
Both sound good, I'd be up for either.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #2235 on: February 26, 2018, 10:41:27 am »
The Brexit Draft! (working title)

According to the Home Office in order to become a British citizen you must have:

- lived in the UK for at least 5 years
- spent no more than 450 days outside the UK during those 5 years
- you’re of good character, for example, you don’t have a serious or recent criminal record

AKA the Leon Bailey Draft :D

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2236 on: February 26, 2018, 02:47:50 pm »
AKA the Leon Bailey Draft :D

What is it with you and Leon Bailey?  ;D

He wouldn't even be eligible!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2237 on: February 27, 2018, 01:44:35 am »
How about a UEFA Cup/Europa League winning teams draft? We did one for European Cup/Champions League. 

Any players who has won the competition is eligible.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 01:47:12 am by Samie »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2238 on: February 27, 2018, 01:52:47 am »
It's a draft where a lot of players who don't usually get picked in these would be selected.  :wave

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #2239 on: February 27, 2018, 08:33:04 am »
That's interesting, I like that. Might get a bit hipster though by pick 9!