Author Topic: Detectorists BBC Four sitcom  (Read 35748 times)

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
Re: Detectorists BBC Four sitcom
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2015, 08:45:06 am »
Thursday at 10pm.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2015, 10:31:16 pm »
Right, if they don't find something this series, after the way they set it up with that beginning, I'll go crazy and take you all with me!

Its still fucking brilliant.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2015, 10:44:05 pm »
Boss. Shhhhhh.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2015, 11:55:04 pm »
Brilliant.

Loved the set up at the beginning only for them to stop a few feet away.

Nostalgia conventions there not as good as they used to be.

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2015, 01:03:38 am »
Quality. Just watched this episode. A genuinely nice TV programme.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #85 on: November 3, 2015, 09:15:27 pm »
nice opening episode.  i love the quiet peacefulness of it all more than anything.

pretty similar concept to the opening sequence to season 2 of 'the leftovers'.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #86 on: November 3, 2015, 10:29:22 pm »
Best scene was him trying to give his instructions to the mother-in-law. Quality! I'll just put it here....an she kicks it out the door :D

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #87 on: November 4, 2015, 12:17:28 am »
was expecting to see a three-eyed raven or some other GOT reference when he was in conversation with the mother in law :)

Roll on Thursday.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #88 on: November 5, 2015, 10:08:47 pm »
Will they find the 2nd end of a king alfred pointer stick.

They keep showing it.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: November 6, 2015, 12:16:48 am »
nice opening episode.  i love the quiet peacefulness of it all more than anything.

Jumped straight into this without watching season one. I agree, clement, warm feel to it, that I like.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #90 on: November 6, 2015, 02:25:31 am »
"Your as thick as 2 short plonks."

"planks"

"Your welcome"

I loved the fear in their faces when he picked up a metal detector for the first time and it bleeped and they were scared he would find something good within minutes after they have been trying for years. 

« Last Edit: November 6, 2015, 03:28:51 am by Trada »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: November 6, 2015, 06:03:22 pm »
Simon and garfunkle never gets old ;D

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #92 on: November 7, 2015, 07:37:05 am »
what a great show, missed this thread the first time around and glad it was bumped
JFT 96

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: November 7, 2015, 05:17:21 pm »
right back to its best.  i can't remember the last time i had a tea-spluttered-across-the-upholstery moment quite like i had at...

Spoiler
"are you rapping?" :lmao
[close]

loved "old friends" too.

I loved the fear in their faces when he picked up a metal detector for the first time and it bleeped and they were scared he would find something good within minutes after they have been trying for years. 

to be honest, i felt their pain too.  you'd think i'd looking favourably on germans at the moment, but he annoys me so much.  great little bait-and-switch there too.  that moment sums up the series for me - all pained expressions and quiet anxiety.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #94 on: November 7, 2015, 05:25:52 pm »
right back to its best.  i can't remember the last time i had a tea-spluttered-across-the-upholstery moment quite like i had at...

Spoiler
"are you rapping?" :lmao
[close]

loved "old friends" too.

to be honest, i felt their pain too.  you'd think i'd looking favourably on germans at the moment, but he annoys me so much.  great little bait-and-switch there too.  that moment sums up the series for me - all pained expressions and quiet anxiety.

I wonder what he's really after hes as dodgy as fuck.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2015, 01:35:54 pm »
Hope he doesn't go to Botswana on Thames ;D

Offline Dirkydirkdirk

• Kopite
  • Sweet Jesus no
« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2015, 02:21:49 pm »
Absolutely love this show. Watching last night I realised that it's one of the few programmes that when it ends I always think that it's only been on for ten minutes. Totally absorbing.
There are no stars in this team, or no one with any airs or graces. We're one unit, we work hard for each other and we all pull in the same direction.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2015, 03:39:43 pm »
Some superb acting that episode and great visual shots

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2015, 05:38:14 am »
the scene with...

Spoiler
...the gifts...
[close]

...was absolutely heartbreaking.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2015, 12:14:50 pm »
What flavour was the soup?
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2015, 01:08:25 pm »
the scene with...

Spoiler
...the gifts...
[close]

or plain weird!

As well as funny, its such a fucking relaxing show!!

Offline ChrisOH

• Main Stander
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2015, 01:23:50 pm »
Half hour's fly by watching this. Main two characters are so well written, Russell and Hugh could have their own mini-series too.
Ye wha la.

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2015, 02:49:12 pm »
Love this show, very clever writing.  I know most of what is passed off as comedy isn't really aimed at me being over 40 (at least not on mainstream TV i.e. BBC3 and Channel 4) - but this show gently and intelligently kicks the nuts off puerile shite like 'Josh' and 'Bad education' - Theres room for all sorts of art given the number of outlets and this show certainly satisfies.

Toby Jones is a wonderfully versatile actor and Crook is paired fantastically too
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2015, 03:27:46 pm »
Love this show, very clever writing.  I know most of what is passed off as comedy isn't really aimed at me being over 40 (at least not on mainstream TV i.e. BBC3 and Channel 4) - but this show gently and intelligently kicks the nuts off puerile shite like 'Josh' and 'Bad education' - Theres room for all sorts of art given the number of outlets and this show certainly satisfies.

Toby Jones is a wonderfully versatile actor and Crook is paired fantastically too
I love it. A charming throw back to days when funny didn't mean crude. I'm not a prude. I love a bit of bawdy bathroom humour, as long as it's actually funny. But there's the rub.

Little Britain, that other one, what's her name, Tate, woeful, disgraceful, tacky crap. Old ladies throwing up, swearing like troopers and so on, cheap unfunny tat, I can't say how much I hate stuff like that and people like Tate and Walliams. Panelling the pair of them would be the only time I got a laugh out of them.

"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2015, 04:06:50 pm »
the scene with...

Spoiler
...the gifts...
[close]

Was superb acting from Jones

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2015, 02:35:29 am »
another fun episode, but it's looking a bit predictable at the moment, with pretty much the same story unfolding as last year (sophie chooses the 'wrong' side, andy and becky fall out).

still one of the best things on TV though.

also...
Spoiler
...who was the fourth night hawk standing to the side?  i'm assuming sophie, but then andy claimed they'd caught three of them when they only showed them actually catching s&g.
[close]

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2015, 09:38:15 am »
another fun episode, but it's looking a bit predictable at the moment, with pretty much the same story unfolding as last year (sophie chooses the 'wrong' side, andy and becky fall out).

still one of the best things on TV though.

also...
Spoiler
...who was the fourth night hawk standing to the side?  i'm assuming sophie, but then andy claimed they'd caught three of them when they only showed them actually catching s&g.
[close]
It was the mayor, Simon and garfunkle and the German?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2015, 09:39:03 am »
Will there be a third season?

Offline Dirkydirkdirk

• Kopite
  • Sweet Jesus no
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2015, 10:28:09 pm »
Still really enjoying this.  The bit where they drank the lemonade had me laughing for ages.
There are no stars in this team, or no one with any airs or graces. We're one unit, we work hard for each other and we all pull in the same direction.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2015, 10:46:50 pm »
It was the mayor, Simon and garfunkle and the German?

d'oh!  oh yeah.  obviously.  overlooked his sudden appearance, and it didn't register as it didn't (and still doesn't really) make sense for s&g to panic so much at the approaching cops if the mayor was there with them anyway.

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2015, 10:15:34 am »
Will there be a third season?

I heard Crook interviewed on the Danny Baker show a few weeks ago and he suggested that there could be. He's not going down the route of 2 series and then wrapping up with a Christmas special, so it's at least going to be left open for more.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2015, 04:22:33 pm »
I heard Crook interviewed on the Danny Baker show a few weeks ago and he suggested that there could be. He's not going down the route of 2 series and then wrapping up with a Christmas special, so it's at least going to be left open for more.

Excellent. Quality show.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #112 on: December 3, 2015, 10:30:21 pm »
That was fucking brilliant!

Its sad, but I really fucking needed that. Was actually shouting at the tv find it, find it, dig motherfucker!!
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #113 on: December 3, 2015, 10:32:11 pm »
That ending. :scarf

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #114 on: December 3, 2015, 10:32:17 pm »
Last episode of series

Fkin love this fkin show so so so so so much

Its like a warm hug

Made me well up the final few scenes, the scene with Sheila and Lance in the pub garden was also beautifully done by both

Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #115 on: December 3, 2015, 10:44:52 pm »
"32! I feel like I've been groomed"

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: December 3, 2015, 11:24:37 pm »
Loved this.

Apparently Mackenzie Crook isn't sure if there will be any more, though the BBC are keen.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-12-03/bbc-want-a-third-series-of-detectoristsbut-mackenzie-crook-is-not-so-sure
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #117 on: December 4, 2015, 12:22:11 am »
Xmas special eh? Seems weird given the ending but I'm not complaining. Wonderful stuff.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #118 on: December 4, 2015, 07:30:32 am »
"32! I feel like I've been groomed"

"......years of age?!" :lmao That entire scene killed me.

Brilliant finale, touching and funny in equal measure. Not sure it needs a third season but would welcome it with open arms.

Looks like the Christmas special is in a couple of weeks too, awesome.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2015, 07:32:21 am by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: December 4, 2015, 12:14:53 pm »
Delighted ;D

Have doubts it will continue after Christmas special though :(