Author Topic: 'Ghostbusters' (Assume Spoilers)  (Read 44325 times)

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
Re: Ghostbusters.
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2015, 11:48:48 pm »
Wait and see what the story is and how it works before I judge it.

Casting like this tho just smacks of tokenism or a marketing ploy. Its like saying "hey lets remake sex and the city but with blokes instead" (as if it wasnt about gay men anyway)
Its really condescending when you think about it. Don't write strong original female roles and films, instead just rob the name of something else and use its cache. Back to the Future reboot, the adventures of Martine and Doctor Emily Brown hoorah!
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2015, 11:50:54 pm »

Casting like this tho just smacks of tokenism or a marketing ploy. Its like saying "hey lets remake sex and the city but with blokes instead" (as if it wasnt about gay men anyway)
Its really condescending when you think about it. Don't write strong original female roles and films, instead just rob the name of something else and use its cache. Back to the Future reboot, the adventures of Martine and Doctor Emily Brown hoorah!

"Bridesmaids WITH GHOSTS"
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2015, 11:56:14 pm »
Melissa Mc-fucking-Carthy is in it. This movie is now going to be awful.
As if it was going to be anything but. I can't believe they're actually making it.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2015, 11:58:07 pm »

Yeah, McCarthy will be there just for comic relief, because, well, you know, she's fat and that. That's her character pegged before I've even seen it. Like I said, should have cast her as Slimer.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2015, 12:57:53 am »
Only just realised Paul Feig is directing too, famous for such works as The Heat and Bridesmaids. No interest in what is a thinly veiled cash in on pretending to empower women
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2015, 05:05:40 am »
Hooray, another fond childhood memory set to be tarnished. If they'd put out an open casting call and the funniest four people were cast and they were all women, I would have been fine with an all-female cast, but the way they've gone about it, it's just a terrible marketing ploy. And Melissa McCarthy isn't even funny.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 05:08:13 am by Ultimate Bromance »
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2015, 07:41:31 am »
Melissa Mc-fucking-Carthy is in it. This movie is now going to be awful.

A film like this was always going to need stellar casting to propel it. This casting will turn off a lot of people, gender politics aside. Thing is, she does seem to carry with her an enumerable following, and she seems to represent some kind of middle-america.

One of the massive factors in the success of the original was the casting. The cast had worked together on a number of things together in their careers and this more or less carried over into the film. Even in Ghostbusters 2, you could get a good sense of rapport between the leads. We will of course have to see how it pans out, but this has a potential for so much self-wankery that people will be turned off before it even hits the screens.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 07:49:48 am by Kidder. »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2015, 08:45:33 am »
Hooray, another fond childhood memory set to be tarnished. If they'd put out an open casting call and the funniest four people were cast and they were all women, I would have been fine with an all-female cast, but the way they've gone about it, it's just a terrible marketing ploy. And Melissa McCarthy isn't even funny.

Please try not to think of it like that, that's what I'm trying to do,

This will be a shit film (you can see I'm going into this with an open mind) which is completely unrelated to the originals and just happens to have the same title. Nothing more

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2015, 11:02:16 am »
Please try not to think of it like that, that's what I'm trying to do,

This will be a shit film (you can see I'm going into this with an open mind) which is completely unrelated to the originals and just happens to have the same title. Nothing more
Wishful thinking. Nice sentiment and all, but it's not true, is it? This literally is just taking a massive steaming shit on all our childhood memories. It can't be viewed as anything other. I'd have preferred it if it was more of a lower budget independent reboot with unknowns, with maybe a cameo or two.  You can just imagine turning up at the cinema to watch this one, only to be greeted with a crowed that went to see this just because they thought Bridesmaids was funny because of that one fat bird they can't name. No thanks.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2015, 11:04:10 am »
I really hope they keep the iconic theme tune

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LZbXmZQ0bjY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LZbXmZQ0bjY</a>

Cos it went exactly like that
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2015, 11:20:40 am »
This literally is just taking a massive steaming shit on all our childhood memories. It can't be viewed as anything other.

Good to see nobody on here overreacting. As far as I'm concerned, this could be the worst film ever made and it still won't tarnish the originals. It's an all new-cast, in a completely different universe.

And making it a female-led film isn't 'tokenism'. At least they're trying to do something different with it. Better that than having Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill and James Franco as the sons of the original Ghostbusters. Now that would be lazy.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2015, 11:22:30 am »
I really hope they keep the iconic theme tune

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LZbXmZQ0bjY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LZbXmZQ0bjY</a>

Cos it went exactly like that

I'm sure Huey Lewis will be happy for the paycheck :P

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2015, 12:03:40 pm »
Good to see nobody on here overreacting. As far as I'm concerned, this could be the worst film ever made and it still won't tarnish the originals. It's an all new-cast, in a completely different universe.

And making it a female-led film isn't 'tokenism'. At least they're trying to do something different with it. Better that than having Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill and James Franco as the sons of the original Ghostbusters. Now that would be lazy.
Now imagine if directors took the same kind of attitude towards book adaptations...oh, right, some actually do.

Better that than having Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill and James Franco as the sons of the original Ghostbusters. Now that would be lazy.

You know what, I think I'd actually prefer that. It would make more sense at least.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 12:05:39 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2015, 12:14:38 pm »
This is going to be a car crash.

In other great news today (following the similar theme of ruining childhood classics), Chris Pratt is being considered for the Indiana Jones reboot from Disney.

:(

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2015, 01:45:23 pm »

In other great news today (following the similar theme of ruining childhood classics), Chris Pratt is being considered for the Indiana Jones reboot from Disney.

Fuck that. Lucas killed it himself, set it on fire and pissed all over the ashes with that Crystal Skull abomination.

If anything, at least a Chris Pratt reboot might help me recover from watching that film, where therapy previously failed.

Back to Ghostbusters. They should get McCarthy, the fat twat who plays her husband in that shite sitcom, and the fat black bloke out of Old School and call it......

Drum roll......

Toastbusters. And if you think the script will be any better than that, you're fucking kidding yourselves.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2015, 03:02:20 pm »
Fuck that. Lucas killed it himself, set it on fire and pissed all over the ashes with that Crystal Skull abomination.

If anything, at least a Chris Pratt reboot might help me recover from watching that film, where therapy previously failed.

Back to Ghostbusters. They should get McCarthy, the fat twat who plays her husband in that shite sitcom, and the fat black bloke out of Old School and call it......

Drum roll......

Toastbusters. And if you think the script will be any better than that, you're fucking kidding yourselves.

"We're ready to Margarine you!"
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2015, 03:19:04 pm »
It's lazy casting. Just looking at the line-up, you know who is playing which character from the original.

Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2015, 03:48:32 pm »
The originals were classics because they had geniuses at work. This one doesn't.

There's some remakes/reboots I'll still see even though I know they won't hit the mark. But this, I'd honestly make a point of never seeing it. Because it will clearly suck. If it's not got Egon, Ray and Venkman it's just literally using an idea which worked a quarter of a century ago and without the stars that were needed to make it funny. It's like rebooting Top Gun with women and then having a catchy soundtrack by Adele and Katy Perry. Fuck off.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2015, 04:55:34 pm »
Obvious joke is obvious.......

"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2015, 05:04:08 pm »

I think he'd be a great Indy :D
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2015, 06:25:50 pm »
This is the most depressed I've been all year.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2015, 06:40:20 pm »
It's lazy casting. Just looking at the line-up, you know who is playing which character from the original.

To be fair, they're pretty inspired choices, casting Eddie Murphy as his character in The Nutty Professor 2 and the Wayans brothers in their roles in White Chicks.

Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2015, 07:00:18 pm »
;D

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2015, 07:58:25 pm »
Female ghostbusters? To quote Egon "It would be bad".
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2015, 08:00:00 pm »

I'm not against remakes/reboots/reimaginings/whatever they're calling it these days per say but having seen who the director is and even though I recognise only two of those actors, neither of whom are particularly funny, it doesn't look particularly appealing. We'll see, Dan Akroyd's writing it, so maybe there is some hope but it doesn't look good.

Maybe they'll do it like they originally wanted, set in space, going from galaxy to galaxy, they'll have the budget and the special effects available to do it. It might be more interesting than doing the same again but with women.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2015, 09:47:53 pm »

Shocking, isn't it. The 'black one', the 'fat one', 'smart one', 'hot one'.

If Ramis was still alive, this wouldn't be happening. Cash in of the worst type.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2015, 11:15:27 pm »
It depends on the script and the story. It might work, that's always the real test of any film. Its not going to be rubbish because its a female cast, its not annoying because its a female cast. Its annoying because its not really done for the right reasons.
Its parasitical in concept, bad enough not being original to begin with, you can just see the pitch "this time with women!" and that's it, that's the hook. Its typical lazy Hollywood demographic hitting bullshit. It will be a kids film, sanitized and tamed. To get in as many people from across the demographics as possible in to see it.

TBF I actually don't mind Melissa McCarthy, its not everyone's cup of tea, but she is good at what she does. Kristen Wiig is actually a brilliant actor, it has to be said. No idea about the other two though. So we shall see.

I hope they actually make it nothing like the original to be honest. Then its really nothing to do with it, except in name.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2015, 11:22:56 am »
These remakes never work out well do they?!

It'll be Gremlins next........cgi'd to the max!

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2015, 11:26:36 am »
There was talk of Gremlins recently, think it's pretty much nailed on to be done.
AHA!

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2015, 11:56:23 am »
There was talk of Gremlins recently, think it's pretty much nailed on to be done.

Yup, Hollywood will leave no stone unturned in their quest to re-make and reboot every successful movie of the past 40 years
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2015, 11:57:52 am »
Can we attempt a UK embargo on this turd?

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2015, 12:57:38 pm »

Pretty much sums up my feelings about this. There are so many funny woman out there that could have been cast, but these (1 of which I dont think Ive ever seen before). Imagine Tina Fey and or Amy Poohler for example!
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2015, 03:54:24 pm »
Ah f*ck it!!  I hate it when sarcastic remarks come true!

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2015, 07:27:34 pm »

You know what, a Gremlins remake might not actually be that bad if they go a different direction with the tone of it. Make it a horror instead of a comedy. Could work. I'd just prefer they don't try at all to be honest.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2015, 07:28:11 pm »

Actually it's Indiana Jones next ...

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2015, 02:22:07 pm »
So, they want to 'MCU' Ghostbusters. There will be a male cast film directed by the Russo brothers, and then an Avengers style team-up between the two teams. And then a prequel.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Ghostbusters-May-Building-An-Expanded-Universe-Get-Details-70218.html

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2015, 02:33:14 pm »
Shocking, isn't it. The 'black one', the 'fat one', 'smart one', 'hot one'.
Which one's the hot one? :o :o :o
Playing DA....

War of the Worlds
Dawn of the Dead
The Thing (1982)
Dracula (1992)
The Manchurian Candidate
Ocean's Eleven
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (if you're being generous)
Zatoichi
Kind Kong (again possibly a touch generous)
3:10 to Yuma
The Fly
Let Me In
13 Assassins
Assault on Precinct 13
The Departed
Casino Royale
True Grit

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2015, 02:36:16 pm »
So, they want to 'MCU' Ghostbusters. There will be a male cast film directed by the Russo brothers, and then an Avengers style team-up between the two teams. And then a prequel.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Ghostbusters-May-Building-An-Expanded-Universe-Get-Details-70218.html
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2015, 02:41:32 pm »

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2015, 02:53:02 pm »
Which one's the hot one? :o :o :oPlaying DA....

War of the Worlds
Dawn of the Dead
The Thing (1982)
Dracula (1992)
The Manchurian Candidate
Ocean's Eleven
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (if you're being generous)
Zatoichi
Kind Kong (again possibly a touch generous)

Was that when he climbed up the building to direct air traffic, before scampering off to do a bit of charity work with Jessica Lange? :D
Better looking than Samie.