Author Topic: Peaky Blinders - Season 5 - 25th Aug 2019 9pm - BBC1  (Read 59185 times)

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
Re: Peaky Blinders - Season 5 - 25th Aug 2019 9pm - BBC1
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2016, 07:27:44 am »
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 07:29:49 am by Trev20 »

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2016, 07:29:40 am »
its called personal choice and opinions should we all think like you?
Yes you should!  ;D

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2016, 02:00:32 pm »
Had any of you come across the Liverpool equivalent of the peaky blinders?. I just read about them in the opening chapter of Carl Chinn's cashing in history of the blinders. They were called the high rip. I have no more info yet.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2016, 06:40:02 pm »
Had any of you come across the Liverpool equivalent of the peaky blinders?. I just read about them in the opening chapter of Carl Chinn's cashing in history of the blinders. They were called the high rip. I have no more info yet.
Seem to remember reading something about gangs round Scotland road those days. probably other areas as well I imagine.
My dad lived not to far from Scotland road as a kid around the time of peaky blinders, I assume it's set just after 1st world war. I asked him if Scottie rd was tough around those times.  always remember him shaking his head and saying, tough, whooo. your telling me it was tough. you didn't mess with people round there.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #124 on: June 21, 2016, 08:39:31 pm »
Binged all three series over the last few days, it's great stuff.

Michael seemed to grow more cold and calculating throughout, and I'm wondering if he'll either go into conflict against Tommy, or indeed take over from Tommy if Murphy decides he's had enough.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2016, 11:51:43 pm »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gangs-Liverpool-Cornermen-High-Terrorised/dp/1903854601

In my local library so I might have a read

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #127 on: June 24, 2016, 09:11:28 pm »
Doctor Foster  ;D

If that's your bag

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #128 on: June 24, 2016, 09:18:18 pm »
If that's your bag

i would hardly call her a bag ( still a good looker)
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2016, 11:39:08 am »
Yeah I am in USA and its on Netflix,I guess I was the first person in the world to see the end of series 3, I won't spoilt anything by saying it is fantastic and you will love it.

i finally got round to watching the finale.  it was good, but not great - a bit of a mid-series episode rather than a finale as the plot strands tied up didn't really feel tied up satisfactorily.  a bit rushed on plot, perhaps, after spending so much time on mood and atmosphere in previous episodes.  still some brilliant scenes with tommy though.

maybe i'll need to watch it again :)  also, does that make it four radiohead tracks across the series (including trailers)?
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #130 on: September 25, 2017, 12:55:21 pm »
By far one of the best tracks from this soundtrack has to be You and whose army. The way it fits into the scene is perfect... moody

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U541ZhYX50

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #131 on: October 8, 2017, 11:16:30 pm »
Looking forward to series 4 coming soon to BBC 2. Does anyone  know if it is on Netflix USA?

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: November 7, 2017, 01:08:41 pm »
New series starts Wed. 15th Nov.
Brilliant series. looks like the  final episode will be over Christmas.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #133 on: November 7, 2017, 05:28:03 pm »
New series starts Wed. 15th Nov.

excellent...and two days later, series 3 of Gomorrah ..double excellent  8)
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #134 on: November 9, 2017, 11:36:07 pm »
There was a bit in the NME about the 4th Season. Which i didn't realise. Happy days. Guess whos back?

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #135 on: November 9, 2017, 11:40:33 pm »
The television highlight of the year, the return of Peaky Blinders is just days away. I reckon I've introduced this show to more people than any other film, music or tv in the last five years. Massive cult following. And peaky blinders is popular too.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: November 10, 2017, 12:31:11 am »
Fucking delighted, wish I had started watching it earlier .

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2017, 12:29:48 am »
WOW, What a series, brilliant first episode.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2017, 01:55:57 am »
WOW, What a series, brilliant first episode.
It was class!! Can't wait for next week now!

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: November 16, 2017, 02:00:47 am »
FUCKKKKK meee, what an episode

Spoiler

as soon as that horse carriage was in the way, I knew it was a set up. I am hoping they somehow survive, or that it was a vision from Polly somehow, it's way too fucking early to kill them off!
[close]

A whole bloody week to wait, I'm not used to it, I binged watched all 3 series on netflix prior

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: November 16, 2017, 10:26:20 am »
FUCKKKKK meee, what an episode

Spoiler

as soon as that horse carriage was in the way, I knew it was a set up. I am hoping they somehow survive, or that it was a vision from Polly somehow, it's way too fucking early to kill them off!
[close]

A whole bloody week to wait, I'm not used to it, I binged watched all 3 series on netflix prior
Spoiler
It was too early to kill them off which is why it had so much impact. maybe they were wearing bullet proof vests, I doubt it though.

[close]
               Emily Maitlis

Offline NotBeenInAigburthSince2008

• Kopite
« Reply #141 on: November 16, 2017, 10:31:09 am »
I think that was the first time I said "Fuck me" out loud watching telly since the Ozymandias episode of Breaking Bad.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #142 on: November 16, 2017, 10:33:21 am »
Some talent for a BBC2 series. Tom Hardy, Cillian Murphy and Adrien Brody.

Great start and something to look forward to on Wednesday. Must set to record when we are playing though.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: November 16, 2017, 01:42:10 pm »
What a fucking episode bloody hell. There's a reason why everyone is so excited for this. Brilliant episode.

Spoiler
I also suspected it to be am ambush as the road was blocked, but didn't expect this to happen so early.

[close]
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: November 16, 2017, 02:09:30 pm »
Didn't realise this back this week.

Set to record the season now.

Will watch the season opener tonight.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #145 on: November 16, 2017, 04:14:34 pm »
Tremendous opener to the new series....quite like the fact that I have to wait a week for the next installment...some things are best savoured
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: November 16, 2017, 06:25:13 pm »
Tremendous opener to the new series....quite like the fact that I have to wait a week for the next installment...some things are best savoured

Definitely. I dont watch many American series’ but I dont really like watching a bunch of episodes together or finishing a series in a few days/over a week.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #147 on: November 17, 2017, 07:36:10 am »
Top drawer!
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #148 on: November 17, 2017, 10:38:58 am »

This.
Spoiler
Did not expect to lose a main character in the first ep! Poor old John. :(
[close]
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 10:40:37 am by Phil M »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #149 on: November 17, 2017, 11:09:30 am »
Almost like they heard our complaints that the series was veering off and responded with a brilliant episode. Had everything. Surprised and lovely to see Adrien Brody as well.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: November 17, 2017, 12:14:13 pm »
Fuck at that ending.

Amazing first episode.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: November 17, 2017, 01:53:08 pm »
Am i being picky but...

Spoiler
.. so Tommy had a mafia assassin cook working in his basement since October but only realized at Christmas the day before the assassin had planned to murder him. Why didnt the assassin attempt to top him earlier?

Also why did the mafia tip them off that they were coming for them? Seems convenient. 

Otherwise class as usual. Its so cool.
[close]
Football is a lie

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #152 on: November 17, 2017, 02:44:14 pm »
This.
Spoiler
Did not expect to lose a main character in the first ep! Poor old John. :(
[close]

Spoiler
I'm assuming that's the end for John. He got "Tollboothed" a la Sonny in The Godfather. I reckon Michael got nicked in the leg, which will set his mum off. A shame to see Aunt Pol decline :(
[close]

Am i being picky but...

Spoiler
I viewed it as a sense that Tommy has distanced himself too much from the underworld. He's become somewhat comfortable in his surroundings. He's more interested in his factory than his family. He's acquired a veneer of respectability. Such is his level of trust that he has other people recruit his prostitutes for him. But despite their various degrees of wealth, the family has become fragmented.  Even Arthur has chickens and a duck.

The old Tommy who wasn't cheekily pushing for OBEs wouldn't have let those things slip. He would have wanted to know every single individual who was coming into his house. This was evident when there were threats from Hughes re: Charlie. But they've stepped away from that. When Tommy first acquired his mansion, a lot of the meetings would be in the kitchen, because that is where they felt more comfortable.

I would assume the assassin didn't kill him earlier, as it was part of a plot to knock off all the Shelbys at once to try to get rid of them once and for all. The Christmas cards were merely an underworld message designed to provoke fear into a family that has become cozy in their trappings.
[close]
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 02:48:45 pm by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: November 17, 2017, 09:33:15 pm »
Excellent return ... although ... if talk of a series after this one are true this can only end with them making an agreement with Brodys crew. The thought of them outgunning the Sicilian Mafia would be bonkers.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: November 18, 2017, 12:02:37 am »
Am i being picky but...

Spoiler
.. so Tommy had a mafia assassin cook working in his basement since October but only realized at Christmas the day before the assassin had planned to murder him. Why didnt the assassin attempt to top him earlier?

Also why did the mafia tip them off that they were coming for them? Seems convenient. 

Otherwise class as usual. Its so cool.
[close]
Spoiler
I suppose he could have killed Tommy anytime he wanted but the rest of the family would have been far harder to kill then, I thought it was a brilliant idea myself. send someone over earlier to worm his way in, guaranteed hit, he tried to be a bit too smart though by insiting on asking too many questions. Tommy asked one question we still havent got the answer too, why did they wait a year, maybe they thought they could hit them all at the same time and assumed they would all be together on Christmas day, we will find out if it's for another reason soon enough.
Didn't they say the black hand was a mafia way of doing things, it means were coming for you,Kill or be killed
[close]
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 12:05:13 am by oldfordie »
               Emily Maitlis

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: November 18, 2017, 12:12:50 am »
Spoiler
I suppose he could have killed Tommy anytime he wanted but the rest of the family would have been far harder to kill then, I thought it was a brilliant idea myself. send someone over earlier to worm his way in, guaranteed hit, he tried to be a bit too smart though by insiting on asking too many questions. Tommy asked one question we still havent got the answer too, why did they wait a year, maybe they thought they could hit them all at the same time and assumed they would all be together on Christmas day, we will find out if it's for another reason soon enough.
Didn't they say the black hand was a mafia way of doing things, it means were coming for you,Kill or be killed
[close]

Nah, the black hand basically means they would take the profits of Tommy and the family because they can, thus negating the Shelby family. It’s the ultimate extortion racket.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: November 18, 2017, 12:23:34 am »
Nah, the black hand basically means they would take the profits of Tommy and the family because they can, thus negating the Shelby family. It’s the ultimate extortion racket.
Shame John didn't have wikipedia, he got that one wrong. :)
               Emily Maitlis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: November 18, 2017, 12:33:57 am »
Is it Wednesday yet?

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2017, 03:28:55 pm »
5.5 hours to go...
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: November 22, 2017, 04:00:49 pm »
Cillian Murphy manages to become fitter every series, which is amazing considering the massive handicap of that haircut.