Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2605631 times)

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spurs
« Reply #6080 on: August 15, 2017, 12:39:06 pm »
£25m rejected for Sessegnon.

Just again shows how Arsenal won the left back war this summer hands down with Kolasinac on a free. No signing so far annoys me more.

Spurs already have at the very least one starting quality left back in Rose, and realistically a second in Davies as well (just struggles against pacy players with good movement like Mane) so we were never really in a "war" and if we were you could say we won it two years ago.
We beat Real Madrid

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #6081 on: August 15, 2017, 12:50:59 pm »

Just again shows how Arsenal won the left back war this summer hands down with Kolasinac on a free. No signing so far annoys me more.

Will he play at LWB if they play 3 at the back, which appears to be their preferred formation. 

Based on nothing but a few reviews on podcasts I don't think he will be anything other than a solid LB with a fair few reds.

Offline My Original Username Back

• Kopite
« Reply #6082 on: August 15, 2017, 02:46:28 pm »
Three journos close to Spurs have all denied the bid was made.

It would make sense though, us trying to sign him this summer. Rose is likely to leave next summer, I'd be surprised if he was still here in two years, and Spurs are always looking at succession planning, as all well run clubs do.

• Kopite
« Reply #6083 on: August 15, 2017, 02:47:14 pm »

Bit early to say that isn't it? He's done nothing in the PL so far.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #6084 on: August 15, 2017, 02:50:42 pm »
Three journos close to Spurs have all denied the bid was made.

It would make sense though, us trying to sign him this summer. Rose is likely to leave next summer, I'd be surprised if he was still here in two years, and Spurs are always looking at succession planning, as all well run clubs do.

You've only had a team worthy of the name for what, four years?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

• Kopite
« Reply #6085 on: August 15, 2017, 03:56:41 pm »
You've only had a team worthy of the name for what, four years?

I think it's taken a lot longer than 4 years for Spurs to move from midtable meddlers who were finishing behind clubs like Everton and Villa, to a club regularly competing in the top 4.

If you look at the top 6, Spurs are the odd one out in the sense we spend far less on transfers than our rivals, and far less on wages. The fact that we spend less on wages and fees means we have to work smarter than our rivals. Anyone if they had the money can spend 90 million on Pogba, or 80 million on Lukaku. It's not great talent spotting or great management. It doesn't make you a well run club.

It's taken Spurs over a decade of being well run to get to where we are now. That's not to say it's been a perfect ride of course. But then what club has.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #6086 on: August 17, 2017, 09:35:34 pm »
Deal agreed for Sanchez from Ajax..he is gonna be special this fella.
Gutted & greeneyed..well done Spurs i suppose.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline dangerpuss

• A bit like bagpuss. But more.....um.....dangerous.....um.....
  • Kopite
  • Allez, allez, allez
« Reply #6087 on: August 17, 2017, 10:24:06 pm »
Deal agreed for Sanchez from Ajax..he is gonna be special this fella.
Gutted & greeneyed..well done Spurs i suppose.

Really? He was totally shit in the Europa League final in a way that makes me think he's just a bad player. No discipline at all, terrible positioning and anticipation. He's the epitome of a player who uses his pace and strength to get away with murder. It's just one game but he looked dreadful.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 10:26:37 pm by dangerpuss »

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #6088 on: August 17, 2017, 11:10:47 pm »
Really? He was totally shit in the Europa League final in a way that makes me think he's just a bad player. No discipline at all, terrible positioning and anticipation. He's the epitome of a player who uses his pace and strength to get away with murder. It's just one game but he looked dreadful.
very good player mate, can he cut it in pl is another question though.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #6089 on: August 18, 2017, 01:20:19 am »
very good player mate, can he cut it in pl is another question though.
40m on him or 20m on Evans what constitutes value?

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #6090 on: August 18, 2017, 01:25:46 am »
Great signing for Spurs,  reported at around 28 mill upfront with add ons taking it to around 40.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #6091 on: August 18, 2017, 09:36:08 am »

Positioning and anticipation are qualities that, with right coaching, can be improved. He is still young and has about 2-3 years to get his soup together and become top notch.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #6092 on: August 18, 2017, 09:58:34 pm »
Jenas is not even trying to hide he desperately wants us to fail.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6093 on: August 18, 2017, 09:59:40 pm »
Jenas is not even trying to hide he desperately wants us to fail.
Who cares about what that freckly, crystal maze playin' sicknote says?
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6094 on: August 18, 2017, 10:00:18 pm »
Ah Jermaine, trying to make himself relevant... well for the first time really.

• Kopite
« Reply #6095 on: August 18, 2017, 11:25:29 pm »
Interesting write up on our new CB.

My heart hurts.

To paraphrase Selena Gomez, “I love you like a love song, Davy.” It was only a year, but what a special year it was. Your stunning athleticism, remarkable pace, enchanting dance moves, commanding presence and thumping headers make it hard to say goodbye. Red and white suited you, #5. You solidified our defence, formed a mouth-watering partnership with Matthijs de Ligt, brought us to a European final, won over my heart with your captivating smile and, most importantly, gave me reason to believe – to believe in the future, believe in loyalty, and believe world class defending is not a thing of the past. You reinvigorated my passion, and now you are leaving.

But you must know, I am not blaming you. This is not your fault. Champions League football has eluded us once again, and Marc Overmars has shown no ambition to take us to the next level – he’s never received a transfer offer he didn’t like. Next time you come to the ArenA, you will find your locker cleaned out and nametag replaced. You are nothing but a memory, but I will never forget you – never forget our year together. I will always remember the good times, and there were a lot of them. This is a letter I hoped I would never have to write.

You came, you danced, and now you have to leave. You brought great pride to Amsterdam, but I am forced to say goodbye. I wish there was another way. Bedankt. Tot ziens. Veel succes.

Davinson Sanchez arrived in Amsterdam for five-million Euros last summer, shortly before winning the Copa Libertadores with Colombian outfit Atletico Nacional – just the second in club history – and now he departs for around eight times the fee paid by Overmars. There’s no denying it’s a terrific return on their investment. A sale in the region of 45-million Euros (including add-ons) is an Ajax and Eredivisie record, surpassing the 34 million Manchester United spent to buy Memphis Depay. It’s a higher fee than was paid for the likes of Ruud van Nistelrooy, Wesley Sneijder, Klaas-jan Huntelaar, Luis Suarez, Arjen Robben, Dirk Kuyt, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Christian Eriksen and so many others. So why do Ajax supporters feel their club has been swindled? Watch him play and the answer will be obvious. They unearthed a star.

A physical specimen, he is virtually unbeatable in the air, as evidenced by the six goals he scored in his first – and only – Eredivisie season, tied for the league lead amongst defenders with PSV’s Hector Moreno, bought by Roma earlier this summer. Sanchez started 32 of 34 Eredivisie matches last term, missing only their first game due to the timing of his arrival, and their penultimate league clash as he was rested for a midweek European tie. Speaking of the Europa League, he played a crucial role in guiding Ajax to their first European final since 1996, playing every minute of the knockout stage (minus one match missed due to suspension), helping them to three clean sheets.

Sanchez completed just under 90 per cent of his passes last season (88.9), the third-best mark in the Eredivisie, and his average of 70.9 completed passes per match is better than that of any Tottenham centre-half last season – and it’s not just the competition he was up against. In the Europa League, many of Sanchez’s numbers saw drastic increases. His total tackles per match almost doubled, and his average completed dribbles, interceptions and key passes were higher.

Of course, numbers do not tell the whole story, of course. The Colombian centre-half is a stalwart in defence. Built like a mountain, Sanchez has every tool to become a world class defender. Those who have watched him over the course of the last year might argue he’s already flirting with the label. At the ripe age of 21, he plays well beyond his years. Aggressive in his approach, Sanchez mimics a concrete wall in the centre of defence and has become famous for the impeccable timing of his last-ditch challenges.

He is a ferocious footballer, blending a unique combination of power and grace. He makes a hobby of bullying opposing attackers and possesses impressive skill on the ball, a claim which can only be made by a small percentage of centre-backs in the game today. Comfortable as the last line of defence, Sanchez has also been known to embark on mesmerising runs into attack, reminiscent of Italian legend Alessandro Nesta on occasion, and has the athletic ability to recover his position. His darting forays through midfield help to alleviate congestion, drive play forward and disrupt the opposition’s shape.

A former defensive midfielder, Sanchez is incredibly comfortable in his distribution. Be it deep in his own end or up inside the halfway line, he thrives in picking out a pass, and has shown an innate ability to kick-start quick attacks with precise balls over the top.

Sanchez is a five-tool defender who is well on his way to becoming one of the best at his position: physicality, tackling, aerial ability, reading of the game and ball skills. High, but deserved, praise for the 21-year-old who, in his first taste of European football in 2016/17, guided Ajax to the Europa League final en route to winning the Rinus Michels award as their player of the season – just the second to win the award in their first season with the club, along with Klaas-Jan Huntelaar in 2006.

At White Hart Lane, Sanchez should slot right into the centre of defence. He has limited versatility, and while Mauricio Pochettino could experiment with him at right-back, it would not be in anyone’s best interests to remove him from the role he has exceedingly flourished in.

The best option, however, would be to adopt the 3-4-2-1 that Pochettino dabbled in last season. In their 10 matches with a three-man back line, Spurs went unbeaten, winning eight. That would ensure Sanchez, Vertonghen and Alderweireld remain in their natural position – a formidable back line that could arguably be considered one of the best in Europe. Whatever Tottenham’s plans for him are, Sanchez will play first-team minutes at the Lane, and it could be just a matter of a year or two until Barcelona swoop in to steal him away. The Blaugrana have been tracking him for a couple of years now, and tried hard to lure him over to Camp Nou in summer 2016, but lost out as Sanchez wanted to be a regular starter. You can see why. One year later and the Colombian has earned himself a major payday.

Danny Rose, if you have to Google him, you don’t watch enough football.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6096 on: August 20, 2017, 12:00:37 pm »
Talk of Chelsea bidding for Alderweireld.

Online Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6097 on: August 20, 2017, 12:30:07 pm »
Talk of Chelsea bidding for Alderweireld.

Just trying to unsettle us ahead of the match I imagine! Can't see us ever selling anyone to Chelsea.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6098 on: August 20, 2017, 12:34:36 pm »
Just trying to unsettle us ahead of the match I imagine! Can't see us ever selling anyone to Chelsea.

That's a rare, rare event isn't it. Can't ever recall any player making the move in the last 20 - 30,years, I remember reading Venables going the opposite way.

Online Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6099 on: August 20, 2017, 12:44:31 pm »
That's a rare, rare event isn't it. Can't ever recall any player making the move in the last 20 - 30,years, I remember reading Venables going the opposite way.

Yeah. I remember they tried to sign Modric off us the season before he went to Madrid, and we made it pretty clear then they didn't have a chance in hell.

Should be an interesting game today though. For the first time in a while we're probably clear favourites given Chelseas injuries (shame they didn't bloody get any last season). It's vital we get off to a good start at Wembley too or it's going to be a long hard slog of a season.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6100 on: August 20, 2017, 12:50:21 pm »

Quite strange considering they share the best player in their histories, albeit a brief sojourn in Milan stopped it being a direct transfer.

• Kopite
« Reply #6101 on: August 20, 2017, 12:56:40 pm »
Strong rumours we are signing Ryan Sessegnon.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #6102 on: August 20, 2017, 03:10:41 pm »
Quite strange considering they share the best player in their histories, albeit a brief sojourn in Milan stopped it being a direct transfer.

Had a few go from us to Chelsea (hazard) but that's before they won the lottery.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #6103 on: August 20, 2017, 05:54:32 pm »
It's gotta sting to lose a title, FA cup and a first home game of a new season to the same team.

17w2d last season at home, defeat in the first home game this season...Yikes.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6104 on: August 20, 2017, 05:56:04 pm »
Still the best!!

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6105 on: August 20, 2017, 05:58:03 pm »
Dominated for long spells but can have no complaints. Could easily have been down to nine men.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #6106 on: August 20, 2017, 06:06:20 pm »
Well that was quite Spursy.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #6107 on: August 20, 2017, 06:09:18 pm »
It's going to be a long season for these, playing at Wembley. All the pressure on them to play like home team without really being at home. I think they'll do a lot worse than last season and struggle to make top four.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #6108 on: August 20, 2017, 06:19:12 pm »
The curse of Wembley continues..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6109 on: August 20, 2017, 06:19:49 pm »
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6110 on: August 20, 2017, 09:24:42 pm »
The way Chelsea dug their heels in, you could say it's the sign of Champions but it was more like a cup final. Teams will put in more effort away to Spurs than the other top 6.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #6111 on: August 20, 2017, 09:26:38 pm »
The curse of Wembley continues..

What? I know there was a Spurs fan on here saying they weren't bad at Wembley.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #6112 on: August 20, 2017, 09:34:04 pm »
always said they would struggle this year, even got hammered for suggesting they may slip out of the top 4 (their everything) this season. Lots of factors at play fro them over the course of the season and I dont think they will replicate anything like the form of last year.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #6113 on: August 20, 2017, 09:51:46 pm »
73,500 attendance today.  I was sure I'd read capacity was to be restricted to 50,000 for league games.  Has that been ditched entirely?

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6114 on: August 20, 2017, 09:56:09 pm »
73,500 attendance today.  I was sure I'd read capacity was to be restricted to 50,000 for league games.  Has that been ditched entirely?

Is there not a certain number of games where the capacity can be increased or have I just imagined that?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6115 on: August 20, 2017, 10:03:26 pm »
always said they would struggle this year, even got hammered for suggesting they may slip out of the top 4 (their everything) this season. Lots of factors at play fro them over the course of the season and I dont think they will replicate anything like the form of last year.

Aye and you should also get hammered for thinking you've been proven right after two games  :)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Kopite
« Reply #6116 on: August 20, 2017, 10:10:09 pm »
Haha.

We've had one game at Wembley, against the champions, which we dominated for large spells, and they scored with practically their only chances. Forgive me if I don't buy this Wembley curse just yet.

I thought we put in a good performance. Very frustrating to lose, but I saw enough today not to worry about this season.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6117 on: August 20, 2017, 10:17:57 pm »
Haha.

We've had one game at Wembley, against the champions, which we dominated for large spells, and they scored with practically their only chances. Forgive me if I don't buy this Wembley curse just yet.

I thought we put in a good performance. Very frustrating to lose, but I saw enough today not to worry about this season.

Best team that doesn't win anything trophy again this season?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #6118 on: August 20, 2017, 10:28:18 pm »
Haha.

To be fair, you've played there 8 times in the last two years and managed to only win one and only fpdraw one of the other 7...

It's beginning to have a whiff of a pattern about it..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6119 on: August 20, 2017, 10:29:48 pm »
To be fair, you've played there 8 times in the last two years and managed to only win one and only fpdraw one of the other 7...

It's beginning to have a whiff of a pattern about it..

They were the better team though. Worth 10 points on its own
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT