Author Topic: Injury news only thread. *  (Read 1923090 times)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Current injury updates? not a transfer speculation thread
« Reply #8040 on: November 1, 2017, 10:11:54 pm »
How did he get injured? In the warm up?

It was about 15 minutes into the game, looked worse than it probably was.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8041 on: November 1, 2017, 10:15:56 pm »
It was about 15 minutes into the game, looked worse than it probably was.

Ok I missed the first 20 minutes so was surprised to see Henderson there.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8042 on: November 2, 2017, 12:31:00 am »
Klopp doesn't expect that Gini will be fit to play against West Ham, but he's yet to have a scan so the extent of the injury is unknown.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #8043 on: November 2, 2017, 01:10:59 am »
6 weeks for a swollen ankle? Surely a day or 2 for the swelling to go down unless it's broken or sprained?
He put all his body weight on the side of his foot then ~2 minutes later it was already swollen. That indicates he's likely done some damage to it. Remember Carrick fucked up his ankle in an identical way for Spurs in training and then had ankle problem on/off his whole career since.

One of those seemingly innocuous things but can actually be pretty serious.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8044 on: November 2, 2017, 01:25:46 am »
Guys, don't do it to yourselves, don't talk about having a fully fit squad. There's an international break coming up. Chances are that Coutinho, Firmino and Salah will all do their ACLs playing in meaningless ties.

Who needs an international break? Told you all to STFU. Fully fit squad my arse. What's that, about 8 players down now?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8045 on: November 2, 2017, 01:36:53 am »
Who needs an international break? Told you all to STFU. Fully fit squad my arse. What's that, about 8 players down now?

Most of our injured will be back after the break and Salah has been rested by Egypt for the break.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8046 on: November 2, 2017, 03:01:56 am »
Grade one sprained ankle he'll be back in 2 weeks
Grade 2 likely 4-6
Grade 3 longer but he wouldn't be able to play on as soon as he did it if he had this so I wouldn't worry about it.

That's assuming it's a lateral ankle sprain of course and hasn't included any syndesmosis disruption.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #8047 on: November 2, 2017, 03:08:50 am »
Something strange about this.

I thought the RAWK investigators had came to the conclusion that Clyne was a crack addict? Or maybe he's under investigation from Robert Mueller and is soon to be indicted. I heard another rumour that he was in fact overseas fighting for ISIS, but then my mate down the pub said he's fallen out of love with football and spends all day playing Call of Duty online.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #8048 on: November 2, 2017, 03:48:25 am »
but then my mate down the pub said he's fallen out of love with football and spends all day playing Call of Duty online.

Wouldn't be the first Liverpool fullback to give up career in favour of video games!

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #8049 on: November 2, 2017, 04:09:29 am »

Wouldn't be the first Liverpool fullback to give up career in favour of video games!

:D :D

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #8050 on: November 2, 2017, 04:52:40 am »

It would be Klopp's fault if they did. All he needs to do is simply tell the players not to get injured, then they won't. Which means when they get injured it's because Klopp didn't specifically tell them not to. #KeownLogic
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #8051 on: November 2, 2017, 01:34:50 pm »
Is there any chance of Phil for the weekend?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8052 on: November 2, 2017, 01:35:47 pm »

Not according to Klopp yesterday.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8053 on: November 2, 2017, 02:22:21 pm »

Not really, but at least theres a break after it, after which we should get most of the injured back in the team.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8054 on: November 2, 2017, 02:29:30 pm »
At this rate we could have much of the first 11 at Melwood over the international break. That *could* be a blessing in disguise for us, particularly as at the moment, none of the injuries look serious and we could have many of them back after the break.

Could be Moreno, Lovren, Matip, Lallana, Coutinho, Wijnaldum Mane, Salah, which is most of our first team. Also Sturridge has been left out of the England squad as well.
« Last Edit: November 2, 2017, 02:45:19 pm by a clueless whopper »

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #8055 on: November 2, 2017, 02:50:48 pm »
At this rate we could have much of the first 11 at Melwood over the international break. That *could* be a blessing in disguise for us, particularly as at the moment, none of the injuries look serious and we could have many of them back after the break.

Could be Moreno, Lovren, Matip, Lallana, Coutinho, Wijnaldum Mane, Salah, which is most of our first team. Also Sturridge has been left out of the England squad as well.
good point as we can work more with them and get some fit and fresh and ready to go

are Firmino and Coutinho in the brazil squads? at least if they are the two games Brazil have are in europe and they arent coming back on a thursday from south america
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8056 on: November 2, 2017, 03:02:01 pm »
good point as we can work more with them and get some fit and fresh and ready to go

are Firmino and Coutinho in the brazil squads? at least if they are the two games Brazil have are in europe and they arent coming back on a thursday from south america

I cannot see how Coutinho get's picked, seeing as he is injured and not training.

The only 'worry' would be Mane, seeing as he is due to return to team training this week (I presume Klopp meant full training). If he has then maybe he has to be available for Senegal.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8057 on: November 2, 2017, 03:48:47 pm »
I cannot see how Coutinho get's picked, seeing as he is injured and not training.

The only 'worry' would be Mane, seeing as he is due to return to team training this week (I presume Klopp meant full training). If he has then maybe he has to be available for Senegal.
klopp would hit the roof. he got injured for them already and it fucked us over.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8058 on: November 2, 2017, 05:10:32 pm »
Mane back in full training. Hope he doesn’t get picked for his country but you imagine they will as the game is still 5 days away.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8059 on: November 2, 2017, 05:12:58 pm »
Mane back in full training. Hope he doesn’t get picked for his country but you imagine they will as the game is still 5 days away.

Great news regardless of whether they pick him or not.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8060 on: November 2, 2017, 05:58:42 pm »

Well you're an ironically named poster.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8061 on: November 2, 2017, 09:51:08 pm »

They've already named in the squad. He was named about 1 -2 weeks ago.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8062 on: November 2, 2017, 09:52:45 pm »
They've already named in the squad. He was named about 1 -2 weeks ago.

I know.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8063 on: November 2, 2017, 10:00:21 pm »
I can't see him being fit enough in time to play for his country, hopefully that's the case.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8064 on: November 3, 2017, 12:04:37 pm »
I can't see him being fit enough in time to play for his country, hopefully that's the case.

They have a massive game coming up don’t they?  He’ll play even if not 100% fully fit. 

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #8065 on: November 3, 2017, 12:26:25 pm »
hate the c*nt but wish we had more of ferguson's skulduggery when it came to how many of our players were "available" for internationals.

Theirs always seemed to pick up little niggles at the right time.....
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8066 on: November 3, 2017, 12:28:06 pm »
They have a massive game coming up don’t they?  He’ll play even if not 100% fully fit.

Or he won’t, we’ll just have to see. He’s only just gotten back into full training so they might not want to take the risk.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8067 on: November 3, 2017, 12:30:42 pm »
Or he won’t, we’ll just have to see. He’s only just gotten back into full training so they might not want to take the risk.

Isn’t their next game basically going to decide whether they make it to the World Cup or not?  Their national team manager is going to pick the best team available if that is the case and that will include Mane whether 100% fit or not. 

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8068 on: November 3, 2017, 12:35:35 pm »
Isn’t their next game basically going to decide whether they make it to the World Cup or not?  Their national team manager is going to pick the best team available if that is the case and that will include Mane whether 100% fit or not.

They have a strong advantage over South Africa, who are nowhere near as good as Senegal.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #8069 on: November 3, 2017, 01:04:08 pm »
Kloppo said Adam Lallana should be back in team training soon, and may be available in a couple weeks.

He says they have to see how Sadio is today after his first team training session yesterdy, but he could be ready for 20 or so minutes.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8070 on: November 3, 2017, 01:05:11 pm »
They have a strong advantage over South Africa, who are nowhere near as good as Senegal.

Yeah, but if you’re an international manager with the World Cup on the line are you going to take any chances?  I know I sure as hell wouldn’t and would play Mane if he’s fit enough to play. 

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8071 on: November 3, 2017, 01:06:25 pm »
Yeah, but if you’re an international manager with the World Cup on the line are you going to take any chances?  I know I sure as hell wouldn’t and would play Mane if he’s fit enough to play.

Like DN says, Klopp said that Mane might only be fit for twenty minutes anyway at this stage.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8072 on: November 3, 2017, 01:06:52 pm »
Kloppo said Adam Lallana should be back in team training soon, and may be available in a couple weeks.

He says they have to see how Sadio is today after his first team training session yesterdy, but he could be ready for 20 or so minutes.

Such a lift getting Sadio back even if its only for fifteen minutes or so. With Adam to join too we'll be looking stronger squad wise.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8073 on: November 3, 2017, 01:10:07 pm »
Like DN says, Klopp said that Mane might only be fit for twenty minutes anyway at this stage.

Right, I guess my point is that his international manager is going to have different priorities then Klopp will.  Klopp has the rest of the season in mind while his International Manager has 1 game in mind knowing there is plenty of time for Mane to rest/heal if he re-injures himself. 

The good news is that Mane is just about fully fit and may be able to play this weekend if we need him. 

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8074 on: November 3, 2017, 01:15:33 pm »
Nathanial Clyne still 'not in a good way' says Kloppo.

they had a set back with his back injury, so he's not close.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8075 on: November 3, 2017, 01:16:57 pm »
Clyne is a good deal concerning

he hardly ever missed a game in two years and now hasnt been within an asses roar of the team all season. wasnt even in champions league squad. he must be in a bad way. hardly any sign of a return

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8076 on: November 3, 2017, 01:21:37 pm »
Clyne is a good deal concerning

he hardly ever missed a game in two years and now hasnt been within an asses roar of the team all season. wasnt even in champions league squad. he must be in a bad way. hardly any sign of a return

it's so strange.

Kloppo did say too though that 'it's not a big problem, it just needs time'. Plus he was sort of careful to say it was a back 'problem'. He corrected hismelf when he first said injury to change it to 'back problem'.

Maybe I'm reading too much into that though :)

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8077 on: November 3, 2017, 01:23:49 pm »
Right, I guess my point is that his international manager is going to have different priorities then Klopp will.  Klopp has the rest of the season in mind while his International Manager has 1 game in mind knowing there is plenty of time for Mane to rest/heal if he re-injures himself. 

The good news is that Mane is just about fully fit and may be able to play this weekend if we need him. 

Its not just the priorities of the Senegal manager though is it?

No doubt, whether he's fully fit or not, Mane will want to play to help his team, and him, get to the World Cup.

He'll be desperate to get there.

Whether he should be playing or not though is an entirely different matter

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8078 on: November 3, 2017, 01:25:25 pm »
it's so strange.

Kloppo did say too though that 'it's not a big problem, it just needs time'. Plus he was sort of careful to say it was a back 'problem'. He corrected hismelf when he first said injury to change it to 'back problem'.

Maybe I'm reading too much into that though :)

the back can flare up anytime and once it does you are goosed

a back injury you could be out for a week or be out for good.

how long he will be out with a back injury at this stage is like asking how long is piece of string

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8079 on: November 3, 2017, 01:28:15 pm »
Back injuries are serious, it affects various parts of your body, know that from personal experience. there isnt nothing odd about. go read about steve kerr and his back issues for thelast two years for more perspextive