Author Topic: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.  (Read 631997 times)

Offline Big Round Chancellor

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Marvel Musings
« Reply #3480 on: December 14, 2017, 05:57:33 pm »
Well there's about to be much more.

Disney have bought most of Fox's assets meaning Fantastic Four, Deadpool and X-Men are all joining the MCU.

So many ways they can about this. Do they recast all the X-Men? That could get messy since the films currently in production will still be getting released in the next year or so.

I'd guess they'll mention the Mutant gene soon and take it from there. Probably Dr Doom or Galactis as the next big bad after Thanos

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3481 on: December 14, 2017, 07:14:44 pm »
Well nothing official happens until the competition regulators are satisfied.

But if it does go through then I think it knocks the whole next 2 phases of the MUC wide open. I think the next phase is pretty much set in stone but gives you chance to drop a few hints for the phase after that.

I think they drop the latest Fantastic Four and start that again with a brand new adult cast. If RDJ and Chris Evans are at the end of their journey then the Fantastic Four are where you build your next 'Earth' based universe ( but not before a Captain America/Human Torch crossover :P).

The next phase feels a very much galactic phase so you need to have something to bring them back to Earth.

I think they will wait until the next X Men film before making any choices. I get the feeling they will bin the current run and start that again. Though that's the one that you really struggle to recast. I actually liked the McAvoy/Fassbender casting though doesn't get close to Stewart/McKellen and I don't even know where you begin to recast Wolverine. Hugh Jackman made that role his own. That is something DC do get right. They just recast Batman without any worrying about the story.

As has been mentioned I think they leave Deadpool out of the MCU to keep it R rated.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3482 on: December 14, 2017, 07:25:28 pm »
Just don't fuck this up, Disney.

"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3483 on: December 17, 2017, 12:50:06 pm »

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3484 on: December 17, 2017, 03:35:45 pm »
I hope they keep the X-men cast for the MCU. They can bullshit the Infinity gauntlet merging universes together, which merges the X-Men with MCU. Mainly just because Hugh Jackman is probably the best your going to get with Wolverine, and I feel Fasbender and McAvoy are good picks as Professor X and Magneto (if you assume Stewart and McKellen are done, per Patrick before Logan. If they come back too then perfect)

That and there is no one better for Deadpool than Reynolds.

I am just happy that we can now get a good and proper Dr Doom. I don't care about the Fantastic Four, just give me Doom. I want Dr Strange and Dr Doom going down into hell to beat Mephisto's ass. Or the Avengers struggling to fight off this one guy.

Could do Galacticud and Silver Suffer properly too. Lot of big bass for the Avengers for after Thanos
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 03:42:29 pm by Stockholm Syndrome »

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3485 on: December 18, 2017, 08:53:49 am »
Really enjoyed the new Thor film and the new direction they have taken him.

And the Flash Gordon feel about the sets etc.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3486 on: December 18, 2017, 08:34:36 pm »
 Stan Lee must have signed his movie and TV rights away for peanuts to only be worth around $50m.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #3487 on: January 10, 2018, 02:03:51 pm »
FFS. My heart broke a little....

-----------------------------------------

https://screenrant.com/stan-lee-sexual-misconduct-allegations/

Marvel mastermind Stan Lee is being accused of sexual misconduct by several women who work for a nursing company he previously employed. Lee is strongly denying the accusations.

Lee – the co-creator of laundry list of Marvel heroes like Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, and countless others – has become something of a goodwill ambassador for Marvel, appearing in lighthearted cameos in virtually all of their live-action films. The 95 year old has also been a near constant fixture at comic conventions, an enthusiastic champion of the geek culture he had a significant hand in creating.

However, new allegations suggest Lee is not nearly as altruistic as his creations. According to The Daily Mail, a nursing company employed to care for Lee have accused him of groping young female nurses, walking around naked, and demanding oral sex from them. Lee’s lawyers deny the allegations, suggesting the company is attempting to extract a cash settlement from him. They have issued an official statement on the matter, saying “Mr. Lee categorically denies these false and despicable allegations and he fully intends to fight to protect his stellar good name and impeccable character.”

This is just the latest in a string of sexual misconduct allegations against high profile men in the entertainment industry in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal. Star Trek: Discovery star Anthony Rapp was the first to go public with disturbing allegations of misconduct by Kevin Spacey. Spacey was swiftly fired from his Netflix series House of Cards and had his scenes in the Ridley Scott film All The Money In The World reshot with replacement actor Christopher Plummer. Louis C.K. acknowledged long rumored allegations of misconduct against him were true, resulting in his movie I Love You, Daddy being pulled from its planned release; C.K.’s longstanding relationships with FX and HBO were also terminated. Charlie Rose, Matt Lauer, and Paul Haggis have all been accused of sexual misconduct ranging from harassment to outright rape.

Despite the floodgates opening against powerful men, Stan Lee may end up being the most shocking of all. The 95 year old Lee is one of the most beloved figures in the entertainment world, and is in many ways the public face of Marvel. This is certainly not the sort of headline Marvel wants to be dealing with as they launch their next film Black Panther (created by Lee and Jack Kirby). Nevertheless, this is the sort of shocking fallout that’s going to keep happening as Hollywood’s very public reckoning with abusers marches on.

Marvel fans may be horrified by this news, but the women who Lee allegedly harassed deserve to be heard. It seems highly unlikely this will be the last high profile revelation of sexual misconduct, but if would be perhaps the most disappointing, if accurate.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3488 on: January 11, 2018, 04:24:45 pm »

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #3489 on: January 17, 2018, 01:37:02 pm »
: /

Were a number of sites picking up on it to be fair mate

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3490 on: January 30, 2018, 02:31:55 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6OntVY2igLw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6OntVY2igLw</a>
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3491 on: January 30, 2018, 03:50:07 pm »
Wouldn't the suitcase building be either impossibly heavy when shrunk, or blown away by the wind when fully grown?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #3492 on: January 30, 2018, 03:56:31 pm »
Wouldn't the suitcase building be either impossibly heavy when shrunk, or blown away by the wind when fully grown?

Like the tank key-ring in the first one? Don't think about it too much.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3493 on: January 30, 2018, 03:56:49 pm »
The weight thing is very subjective throughout. When shrunk people are light enough to ride an ant/run along a gun, a tank can be a key chain, but apparently full weight when getting hit by a toy train landing on a bathroom tile.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3494 on: January 30, 2018, 04:01:30 pm »
Like the tank key-ring in the first one? Don't think about it too much.

The weight thing is very subjective throughout. When shrunk people are light enough to ride an ant/run along a gun, a tank can be a key chain, but apparently full weight when getting hit by a toy train landing on a bathroom tile.

Yeah good point, for some reason I forgot about that.

Black Panther is getting exceptional premiere reviews...but so does every movie these days it seems.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3495 on: January 30, 2018, 05:14:17 pm »
Yeah Black Panther seems to be getting a great reaction from the premiere.

Hope it’s good.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3496 on: January 30, 2018, 10:18:34 pm »
Yeah Black Panther seems to be getting a great reaction from the premiere.

Hope it’s good.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]
Hopefully the villain lives up to the hype.Cannot wait to see BP. Will be getting some big numbers on opening weekend.

[Nobody cares what phone you have and that you are using the free version of Tapatalk]

He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3498 on: February 3, 2018, 12:46:02 pm »
Wait, I thought that sort of thing didn't really happen.  ::)

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3499 on: February 3, 2018, 03:02:58 pm »
Wait, I thought that sort of thing didn't really happen.  ::)

It only happens to poor, old DC wah wah wah.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3500 on: February 3, 2018, 03:33:46 pm »
I caught Thor 3 the other day and really enjoyed it, I didn't really care for the first two but they made this a lot more fun and I can't find fault with it.

Ant-man 2 though, that I really can't wait for. The first one was far and away my favourite MCU film until Spidey rocked up.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3501 on: February 3, 2018, 04:27:46 pm »
It only happens to poor, old DC wah wah wah.

It was Star Wars. Critics and dorks were absolutely blown away that people thought it was shit so it must be sabotage.

Instead of it just being shit.

This time I suspect it's racially motivated. This is the first Marvel movie to feature a black superhero according to all these brand new Marvel super fans, so people are doing what they do best and trying to fuck it up.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2018, 04:29:36 pm by Claus »

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3502 on: February 3, 2018, 05:11:28 pm »
It was Star Wars. Critics and dorks were absolutely blown away that people thought it was shit so it must be sabotage.

This time I suspect it's racially motivated. This is the first Marvel movie to feature a black superhero according to all these brand new Marvel super fans, so people are doing what they do best and trying to fuck it up.

Yeah a lot of people forgot about Blade.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3503 on: February 3, 2018, 09:05:57 pm »

Can be both really though. There definitely have been determined campaigns to fuck up the ratings of something that probably would have got shit ratings anyway. Star Wars there were nerds passionate about it making it the worst film ever because it didn't meet their high standards.

Internet provokes some really fucking weird behaviour in terms of fandom and hatedom, when you throw critic sites in. I remember watching the reaction to the one reviewer who fucked up Boyhood's perfect RT score. Never seen a small group of people more inflamed over something so inconsequential. So strange.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2018, 09:09:50 pm by Bakez0151 »

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3504 on: February 3, 2018, 09:26:34 pm »
Can be both really though. There definitely have been determined campaigns to fuck up the ratings of something that probably would have got shit ratings anyway. Star Wars there were nerds passionate about it making it the worst film ever because it didn't meet their high standards.

Internet provokes some really fucking weird behaviour in terms of fandom and hatedom, when you throw critic sites in. I remember watching the reaction to the one reviewer who fucked up Boyhood's perfect RT score. Never seen a small group of people more inflamed over something so inconsequential. So strange.

I lean the other one way actually.

Lady Ghostbusters was widely considered to be utterly putrid. Critics rated it at 74%. Last Jedi is at 91%. I think there is a weird disconnect between movie critics and the average moviegoer.

It felt to me when Ghostbusters came out like people wanted to be seen to be good people so it was reviewed very well (it's top 100 critic review was something nuts like 90%) despite being bad. Last Jedi has a similar thing. People are reviewing the politics of the movie, rather than the content these days.

I think Black Panther will crack 95% but still be a typical Marvel movie. Because the prevailing feeling these days is that anyone who says it isn't amazing is racist.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #3505 on: February 4, 2018, 05:15:49 am »
I lean the other one way actually.

Lady Ghostbusters was widely considered to be utterly putrid. Critics rated it at 74%. Last Jedi is at 91%. I think there is a weird disconnect between movie critics and the average moviegoer.

It felt to me when Ghostbusters came out like people wanted to be seen to be good people so it was reviewed very well (it's top 100 critic review was something nuts like 90%) despite being bad. Last Jedi has a similar thing. People are reviewing the politics of the movie, rather than the content these days.

I think Black Panther will crack 95% but still be a typical Marvel movie. Because the prevailing feeling these days is that anyone who says it isn't amazing is racist.

Show me the evidence that 'politics' are behind critics' ratings of a movie. I find this to be quite a disturbing and lazy approach, to be honest.

There's no doubt that critics are probably likely to be a more liberal than conservative group, but it'd be a stretch to say that critics would give a shit movie a positive review because it's progressive, or has a diverse cast - apologies if this is not what you mean by 'politics'.

I find it strange that you find it strange that there's a disconnect between critics' ratings and viewers' ratings of movies. There are loads of IMDb high-rated movies that the critics panned or were indifferent towards. And vice versa. Such has always been the case. Critics and audiences want different things from a movie, and have different tolerance levels for different things.

What do you make of the difference between critics' and audience ratings of Bright? Were politics involved in those low ratings as well?

As for politics being behind critics positive reviews of Lady Ghostbusters (full disclosure: have not seen on account of crap trailer), surely you could equally say that politics were involved in the audience's negative ratings of the same? We're literally talking about a movie where a black actress was being bullied by right-wing trolls for being a black woman in a movie with an originally male cast. How is that not political? Again, I refrain from commenting on whether the movie was good or not myself, without having seen it. But it's difficult to argue that a movie was 'widely considered to be utterly putrid', when the 'widely considered', aggregated mass view includes a healthy serving of racism and sexism to begin with?

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3506 on: February 4, 2018, 08:09:35 am »
Show me the evidence that 'politics' are behind critics' ratings of a movie. I find this to be quite a disturbing and lazy approach, to be honest.

There's no doubt that critics are probably likely to be a more liberal than conservative group, but it'd be a stretch to say that critics would give a shit movie a positive review because it's progressive, or has a diverse cast - apologies if this is not what you mean by 'politics'.

I find it strange that you find it strange that there's a disconnect between critics' ratings and viewers' ratings of movies. There are loads of IMDb high-rated movies that the critics panned or were indifferent towards. And vice versa. Such has always been the case. Critics and audiences want different things from a movie, and have different tolerance levels for different things.

What do you make of the difference between critics' and audience ratings of Bright? Were politics involved in those low ratings as well?

As for politics being behind critics positive reviews of Lady Ghostbusters (full disclosure: have not seen on account of crap trailer), surely you could equally say that politics were involved in the audience's negative ratings of the same? We're literally talking about a movie where a black actress was being bullied by right-wing trolls for being a black woman in a movie with an originally male cast. How is that not political? Again, I refrain from commenting on whether the movie was good or not myself, without having seen it. But it's difficult to argue that a movie was 'widely considered to be utterly putrid', when the 'widely considered', aggregated mass view includes a healthy serving of racism and sexism to begin with?

Your argument is "you can't prove anything", which is why I used "I think" and "it felt" rather than using more assertive wording.

To be clear though: Lady Ghostbusters was a shitty mess of a movie far below Feig's previous work and is easily the worst movie any of the headlining cast have headlined. The whiners and complainers created an environment where any criticism of the movie felt like the critic would be endorsing that shitty toxic attitude.

I'd go so far as to say it's pointless you engaging me on this without seeing the movie yourself and then reading a bunch of reviews to see what I'm talking about.

I absolutely guarantee you that the few negative reviews you see for Black Panther will be jumped on by the online mob and the critics themselves will have their histories raked over to find problematic statements. Why put yourself through all that when you can just say "it's pretty good, very fun, thumbs up"?

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3507 on: February 4, 2018, 09:46:13 am »

Nah.

It was fucking dreadful.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3508 on: February 4, 2018, 10:29:16 am »
How about we wait and see what the movie is like,it actually might be amazing and unlike other Marvel movies or is that not possible?
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3509 on: February 4, 2018, 10:55:48 am »
How about we wait and see what the movie is like,it actually might be amazing and unlike other Marvel movies or is that not possible?

Not sure why people think any superhero movie, in terms of structure etc, is going to be wildly different to any other superhero movie anyway. The goodies win, have a bit of trouble, looks like they might lose but then win in the end. They tend to be a bit OTT and colourful because you know, they're superheroes. Its quite nice that we can have movies like Deadpool and Logan which are very different, but in this cinematic universe its not gonna happen. As long as they're making good movies (which generally they are), then its all good.

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3510 on: February 4, 2018, 11:03:37 am »
Nah.

It was fucking dreadful.
Yep. Basically the main reason why people actually hated it, despite all the bollocks surrounding it, which incidentally is probably, ironically, the only reason why people still mention it. If it weren't for the entire crusade of getting the gender politics argument involved with it, and using that as a stick to beat people with who hated it, then it'd just have been another turd like the Total Recall remake was, flushed without it even giving off a stink.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3511 on: February 4, 2018, 12:36:46 pm »
Yep. Basically the main reason why people actually hated it, despite all the bollocks surrounding it, which incidentally is probably, ironically, the only reason why people still mention it. If it weren't for the entire crusade of getting the gender politics argument involved with it, and using that as a stick to beat people with who hated it, then it'd just have been another turd like the Total Recall remake was, flushed without it even giving off a stink.

The funny thing is this movie came after the new Mad Max, which was very similar in terms of replacing an originally male hero with a female, and it had the added bonus of actually being quite political and focusing on a group of oppressed women fighting back, yet that never got hit with terrible reviews because it was an excellent film and any criticism of it was very niche.

Not sure why people think any superhero movie, in terms of structure etc, is going to be wildly different to any other superhero movie anyway. The goodies win, have a bit of trouble, looks like they might lose but then win in the end. They tend to be a bit OTT and colourful because you know, they're superheroes. Its quite nice that we can have movies like Deadpool and Logan which are very different, but in this cinematic universe its not gonna happen. As long as they're making good movies (which generally they are), then its all good.

Marvel have been mixing it up a little bit, Ragnarok didn't quite follow the formula and felt very different from the other movies. I'm hoping they've realised that people are gonna get bored with the cookie cutter stuff soon and are changing things up, starting with Ragnarok and BP. The big question for me is what they do with Infinity War, the hype for that is huge but it could easily be a messier AoU, they either need to do something special with it or make it their last bland story, rely on the characters to carry it, and start experimenting afterwards.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2018, 12:58:08 pm by Schmidt »

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3512 on: February 4, 2018, 12:52:59 pm »
The funny thing is this movie came after the new Mad Max, which was very similar in terms of replacing an originally male hero with a female, and it had the added bonus of actually being quite political and focusing on a group of oppressed women fighting back, yet that never got hit with terrible reviews because it was an excellent film and any criticism of it was very niche.
Some did try to 'sabotage' that film's reputation, though, by making ridiculous claims that it was part of some kind of feminist agenda, or that it even had one. I mean, it has themes of feminism in it, but only a certain kind of person with a certain kind of political outlook (or just wankers) would look at the film in that way and try to make a point out of it, or the focus point of their criticism, which I did see in a couple of articles and reviews, which thankfully were few and far between and got drowned out because, as you say, it was just a very well made and fantastic film.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #3513 on: February 4, 2018, 01:13:04 pm »
Your argument is "you can't prove anything", which is why I used "I think" and "it felt" rather than using more assertive wording.

To be clear though: Lady Ghostbusters was a shitty mess of a movie far below Feig's previous work and is easily the worst movie any of the headlining cast have headlined. The whiners and complainers created an environment where any criticism of the movie felt like the critic would be endorsing that shitty toxic attitude.

I'd go so far as to say it's pointless you engaging me on this without seeing the movie yourself and then reading a bunch of reviews to see what I'm talking about.

I absolutely guarantee you that the few negative reviews you see for Black Panther will be jumped on by the online mob and the critics themselves will have their histories raked over to find problematic statements. Why put yourself through all that when you can just say "it's pretty good, very fun, thumbs up"?

No, the point that you were making was that critics rate a movie according to politics, and as such diverge from the ratings of viewers. For me the Lady Ghostbusters thing was just an example you were using.

The point I am making is, there appears to be little substance to what you're saying about critics rating movies politically, and the one example you've used, appears to at least also be political from the side of the viewers. I have no specific horse in the Lady Ghostbusters debate. I will, however, see the movie and make up my own mind about it.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3514 on: February 4, 2018, 03:03:59 pm »
No, the point that you were making was that critics rate a movie according to politics, and as such diverge from the ratings of viewers. For me the Lady Ghostbusters thing was just an example you were using.

The point I am making is, there appears to be little substance to what you're saying about critics rating movies politically, and the one example you've used, appears to at least also be political from the side of the viewers. I have no specific horse in the Lady Ghostbusters debate. I will, however, see the movie and make up my own mind about it.

Nope.

If you search "unlike any other marvel movie" on Twitter, you'll see critics have been saying it for ages about each one, which is weird because as you say fundamentally they're the same basic movie. And they're roughly the same movie as the DC ones, which are all pretty much interchangable (with each other) too. The differences are mostly superficial. I can't see Black Panther breaking the mold in any real way. The villain we can already see is another "bad version of the hero" type, like 90% of them so far.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. The formula works.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #3515 on: February 5, 2018, 04:52:31 am »
The last marvel film i watched was captain america : civil war

I haven't seen Ant-man (not all of it anyway) Doctor Strange, Guardians 2, Spider Man home coming or Thor Ragnarok

Will it matter which order i watch them in?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3516 on: February 5, 2018, 08:29:56 am »
Couple of Super Bowl trailers

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pVxOVlm_lE8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pVxOVlm_lE8</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AO9uPaeL20A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AO9uPaeL20A</a>

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3517 on: February 5, 2018, 08:37:10 am »
The last marvel film i watched was captain america : civil war

I haven't seen Ant-man (not all of it anyway) Doctor Strange, Guardians 2, Spider Man home coming or Thor Ragnarok

Will it matter which order i watch them in?

Depends on how interested you are in the overarching story leading into Infinity war. Most of the links come in the post film credits anyway

If you're not all the interested then any order is fine. They do a good job in keeping each film as an individual piece.

If you are interesting in catching up for Infinity War then best watch them as the following

Ant Man
Civil War

Then these in any order as it doesn't matter

Guardians 2
Spider Man homecoming

Ending with

Doctor Strange
Thor Ragnarok

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3518 on: February 6, 2018, 07:26:11 pm »
Black Panther has got good reviews apparently.

It has arguably the best Director of any Marvel film, so it always had promise.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #3519 on: February 6, 2018, 07:44:06 pm »
Here's what I am wondering... they have probably made most of the two Infinity War movies or at least completed the first one before finding out how the new Thor and Black Panther movie turned out and what elements were best received.  So how do they incorporate any character shifts in the Avengers movie now? Will Thor be the 'comedian' he was in Ragnarok or will he go back to the pre Civil War version of Thor?