Author Topic: Thread Derailing, Persistent Negativity and Agenda Driven Spin  (Read 89401 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Thread Derailing, Persistent Negativity and Agenda Driven Spin
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2013, 12:30:57 am »
Then to be honest pal, you haven't read the whole thread. Different terminology for persistent has been used throughout.

It feels on here that sometimes there is questioning for questionings sake. Everything needs to be questioned.

What makes you say that?

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2013, 12:31:22 am »
It simply feels like a 'warning' thread.  If you dare to question anything then you're booted out.  That's how I've read it anyway.  Maybe it's not intended to be so draconian.  But simply reading it is disheartening.

Anyway, maybe it's a storm in a teacup.  I'm off back to the Boozer etc.

Then I'm genuinely sorry we've not been clear enough about what we want to acheive. Now that's either a misinterpretation by yourself, or not being clear enough on our part.

So basically what we're saying is this:

Action will be taken on those posters who persist in commenting in every thread going, pulling threads down or derailing them with the same repetitive arguments time and time again.

We want posters to express their opinions good or bad, and we want healthy debate. However we do not want incessant angry pessimism clogging up every new thread.

Our collective view is below.

Thanks.

is in my OP and I think that clearly shows that we're not trying to stifle opinion, rather prevent many threads being ruined by the repetition of circular arguments, usually made by the same few posters.

Hope that clarifys things. :wave
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 01:21:44 am by Hinesy »
Yep.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2013, 12:32:30 am »
Where has the humour gone?......Far, far, far! To fucking serious.

The Kop was built on it's cutting humour, not, on it's understanding of a formation or the day to day financial running's of the club...yes, we heard/had an inkling what was going on, but, and this is a massive but - fundamentally it was built on it's camaraderie and gallows humour.

You lot for me, have lost sight what we should all be about.

Liverpool fans are not the enemy, remember that.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2013, 12:34:34 am »
What makes you say that?

Something, anything happens, and the usual people will wait to see where the stone falls and then argue against it. Maybe that's just me getting cynical though.

Even in this thread, I hope TSC doesn't get the wrong end of the stick, but it's been explained clear enough, yet words like Draconian are getting thrown about, admittedly with caveat, but I think Hinsey post above demonstrates it. But without wanting to fall foul of the rules myself, I'll exit here, I've said my piece.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2013, 12:37:38 am »
Then to be honest pal, you haven't read the whole thread. Different terminology for persistent has been used throughout.

It feels on here that sometimes there is questioning for questionings sake. Everything needs to be questioned.

Oh I have mate.  And I know it can all get on yer tits (mods perspective).  But lets face it.  We're not all the same.  One man's sub is another man's waste.  But you can't censor anything.  Esp anything against the owners etc.  Otherwise you just become an unpaid volunteer for them.

I spent ages in 'off the pitch' type threads debating with a few posters who lauded G&H until the end.  Until even they had to admit they were wrong (they didn't, they simply disappeared). 

But please don't censor us now and stop us from asking questions, under the guise of negativity.  Simply because they're not G&H.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2013, 12:37:45 am »
My biggest gripe, and it derails even the youth thread, is when people bother to respond to trolling/ ignorant nonsense. The report to mod button saves so much time - and it doesn't derail a thread. So next time someone posts shit - report it because responding to it makes for tedious reading.

Totally disagree. It's like calling 999 cause you think they is an emergency and you're right. Thing is if you called 999 and it wasn't an emergency then it would be you that gets told off and maybe a fine.

Point I am trying to make is that the mods are busy people and just reporting people cause you think someone is trolling or posting shit(as you say) is wrong, as that person could be making good points and debate can be had about them.

The mods do have it hard lets not make it harder for them.

Mods are doing a fine job  but the report button shouldn't be used for the fun of it, as that is just taking the piss.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 12:41:16 am by Fordy »

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2013, 12:40:10 am »
So the mods only want posters who give something new and add value to the site then? I suppose next thing, we won't be able to post in the main forum if we're over 24. Those younger posters might give years of service whereas a good experienced forum pro like myself, well I'm just here for one last pay day. Soup Nazis? Fucking Moneyball Mods!

And we didn't really need a whole thread. You could have just sent Al and Walshy a postcard.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline BreakfastPercy

• Legacy Fan
  • Follow me: @BreakfastPercy
« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2013, 12:40:35 am »
Well in guys, though It feels to me like people aren't even properly reading this thread, or are unduly worried by 'censorship'.

Clearly differing opinions are welcomed. Clearly there needs to be both light and shade. The key concept is 'encouragement'. Are you encouraging debate? This thread is quite clearly aimed at the fact that all too often people have gotten into the habit of trying to end debate, and 'win' threads. Sometimes, just leave the baggage at the door.

This site has more, and importantly better, Liverpool FC content than any site on the web bar none. Just ask yourself: are you contributing to that? Are you making the place more enjoyable? And finally, are you actually enjoying it yourself? Football is escapism, don't forget to encourage the bits of the site you like so that there's more of it around, and in the end this is a positive outlet for your time.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 12:47:12 am by The 5th Benitle »

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2013, 12:41:47 am »
Oh I have mate.  And I know it can all get on yer tits (mods perspective).  But lets face it.  We're not all the same.  One man's sub is another man's waste.  But you can't censor anything.  Esp anything against the owners etc.  Otherwise you just become an unpaid volunteer for them.

I spent ages in 'off the pitch' type threads debating with a few posters who lauded G&H until the end.  Until even they had to admit they were wrong (they didn't, they simply disappeared). 

But please don't censor us now and stop us from asking questions, under the guise of negativity.  Simply because they're not G&H.

I think their issue is there is a time and a place for the asking of questions, and its not every thread (which has been happening). Not that no questions should be asked at all.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2013, 12:44:41 am »

The Kop was built on it's cutting humour, not, on it's understanding of a formation or the day to day financial running's of the club...yes, we heard/had an inkling what was going on, but, and this is a massive but - fundamentally it was built on it's camaraderie and gallows humour.

It was fuck. It was built on 4 of sand and 1 of cement. and if we ever get an extension, it'll probably be Lego (or those cheap Sticklebricks out of Home and Bargain) because those damn yankees won't fork out for Meccano.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2013, 12:46:14 am »

Don't you understand that we're trying to get it back?

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: January 20, 2013, 12:49:17 am »
Well in guys, though It feels to me like people aren't even properly reading this thread, or are unduly worried by 'censorship'.

Clearly differing opinions are welcomed. Clearly there needs to be both light and shade. The key concept is 'encouragement'. Are you encouraging debate? This thread is quite clearly aimed at the fact that all too often people have gotten into the habit of trying to end debate, and 'win' threads. Sometimes, just leave the baggage at the door.

This site has more, and importantly better, Liverpool FC content than any site on the web bar none. Just ask yourself: are you contributing to that? Are you making the place more enjoyable? And finally, are you actually enjoying it yourself? Football is escapism, don't forget to encourage the bits of the site you like so that there's more of it around, and in the end this is a positive outlet for your time.

In the words of an oft-used Youtube comment (forgive the political incorrectness), remember:
"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics... Even if you win, you're still retarded."

I say all that as a reminder to myself too.

Quite, so it aint broke... lets not fix it. It's a difficult season (for some) lets just get on with it.

Carry on weeding out the unwelcome visitors here who aren't interested in debate, and let the forum carry on - one of the "liverpool way virtues" was not to air our dirty linen in public.

No requirement for this thread IMO. Any management of posters can be delivered behind the scenes as it always has been.

Those here that genuinely want to discuss the club, know what the script it, it doesn't need to be reiterated in threads like these.

Anyways, what a fucking stupid waste of time, especially after a day like today - lets all have a pint and a good sing song.... what a day eh 5 fucking nil.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #132 on: January 20, 2013, 12:50:25 am »
Please point to where we've asked you to stop asking questions? Cheers.

Offline robgreen91

• Legacy Fan

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #134 on: January 20, 2013, 12:53:12 am »
Totally disagree. It's like calling 999 cause you think they is an emergency and you're right. Thing is if you called 999 and it wasn't an emergency then it would be you that gets told off and maybe a fine.

Point I am trying to make is that the mods are busy people and just reporting people cause you think someone is trolling or posting shit(as you say) is wrong, as that person could be making good points and debate can be had about them.

The mods do have it hard lets not make it harder for them.

Mods are doing a fine fine but the report button shouldn't be used for the fun of it.

I disagree. As long as you aren't taking the piss, we would not discourage reporting contentious posts to mods. It allows whoever is on to take early action if required. If we miss stuff and don't intervene early, it often kills the topic as the effort to clean it up becomes prohibitive.

Report to Mod does not equate to a request to ban the poster. It means that you think that there is a moderating decision to be made.  Stuff that is reported is far quicker and cleaner to fix than stuff that isn't.

On the very rare occasions that someone gets overzealous, we will have a quiet word. But that is really very rare.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: January 20, 2013, 12:54:42 am »
I think their issue is there is a time and a place for the asking of questions, and its not every thread (which has been happening). Not that no questions should be asked at all.

OK.  Craig (if that's yer name) I know you're always in every thread re the owners defending/in support of them.  I think i've nailed my colours to the mast alongside a few others.  I don't like them.  I don't trust them.  They got a bye ball from taking over from Gillet and Hicks.  But they're fuckijng useless.  No strategy, never here for any game, etc. 

I am willing to be proved wrong.  But until then I'd like to have the 'freedom' to post on here, without my view being deemed 'negative' and subsequently wiped out.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2013, 12:56:13 am »

I am willing to be proved wrong.  But until then I'd like to have the 'freedom' to post on here, without my view being deemed 'negative' and subsequently wiped out.

As I said mate, I'd hope you'd carry on doing that. That's not what this is about. Its about some people persistently posting their opinions irrespective of what they are, in every thread non stop.
Yep.

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2013, 12:56:33 am »

RAWK is not the Kop mate. You're deluding yourself if you think the multitude of LFC fans over the world represent what was/is the Kop.

Fans young and old would go on the Kop and learn first hand what it was to be a LFC supporter. RAWK (whilst a forum) should also be an extension of that attitude, whilst retaining it's essence of public debate.

If half the shit said on here was said on the Kop, plenty of people sitting behind their computers would be wondering exactly where the fuck that clip round the earhole came from.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2013, 12:57:04 am »
You have the freedom to express those views. Just not in every thread on the forum repeating the same thing over and over again. I don't know why but you seem to think this thread is addressed at you personally - it isn't.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2013, 12:58:07 am »

As I said mate, I'd hope you'd carry on doing that. That's not what this is about. Its about some people persistently posting their opinions irrespective of what they are, in every thread non stop.

OK no prob. 

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2013, 12:58:52 am »
OK.  Craig (if that's yer name) I know you're always in every thread re the owners defending/in support of them.  I think i've nailed my colours to the mast alongside a few others.  I don't like them.  I don't trust them.  They got a bye ball from taking over from Gillet and Hicks.  But they're fuckijng useless.  No strategy, never here for any game, etc. 

Yeah, and I don't think the mods have an issue with that (I know I don't). They have an issue with every thread being turned into a debate about it. Or every thread being filled with negative stuff when it's not the place for it. If there is a thread about the owners then fine. If they do something specific then comment on it and question away. But they don't want a thread about Suarez, for example, being ruined by the continual negatively about the owners which is happening.

And yeah, would be a strange username if my name wasnt Craig!

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: January 20, 2013, 12:58:58 am »
cheers
Yep.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2013, 01:00:15 am »
You have the freedom to express those views. Just not in every thread on the forum repeating the same thing over and over again. I don't know why but you seem to think this thread is addressed at you personally - it isn't.

I don't really.  I just have a prob with the thread (and obviously title) in itself. 

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #143 on: January 20, 2013, 01:00:20 am »
Where has the humour gone?

Fucking this.

This place used to be a real laugh, full of real 'characters'.

Feels far too sanistised these days.

Threads like this are exhibit A.

This is a great forum/community. In terms of actual engaging football debate...not so much these days. Its just too god damn big and too many idiots have broadband.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2013, 01:04:00 am »
I've read RAWK for years and only recently joined because I realised I could join using my Uni of Liverpool email as my parents have my ISP's one. I've noticed lots of drivel posted by people who just don't really seem to enjoy football. The ups and downs are all part of the game. I tend to just ignore the people who are obviously just asking for angry response and engage with people who are willing to have a reasonable debate about Liverpool FC. This forum is by far the best i've come across of any football team. The detail put into many of the threads such as round table etc is second to none. So why not just respect each others opinions and not go trying to aggravate fellow fans.

Majority of people on this forum support Liverpool. Go direct your hate and negativity at other clubs.
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2013, 01:04:38 am »
Yeah, and I don't think the mods have an issue with that (I know I don't). They have an issue with every thread being turned into a debate about it. Or every thread being filled with negative stuff when it's not the place for it. If there is a thread about the owners then fine. If they do something specific then comment on it and question away. But they don't want a thread about Suarez, for example, being ruined by the continual negatively about the owners which is happening.

And yeah, would be a strange username if my name wasnt Craig!

Fair enough.  My gripe generally is that threads re the owners are often binned, usually when the debate's getting interesting.  From a totally selfish point of view I come in off work ready to engage and the fucker's binned.  And when you read through it you wonder why it's been binned.  Why's that?

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2013, 01:05:40 am »
I don't really.  I just have a prob with the thread (and obviously title) in itself. 
So by extension you welcome threads being derailed, you think that PERSISTENT negativity is fine and have no problem with people spinning agendas? OK. I think you need to look at the word persistent as a key one here. We take your point about those who persistently (and sometimes boringly) argue from a more positive standpoint but let's be honest, they are arguing with those who are persistently negative. That's the way it works.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2013, 01:06:28 am »
Fair enough.  My gripe generally is that threads re the owners are often binned, usually when the debate's getting interesting.  From a totally selfish point of view I come in off work ready to engage and the fucker's binned.  And when you read through it you wonder why it's been binned.  Why's that?

Don't ask me, I don't do the binning!

I don't mind the debates personally (I mind some of the crap that gets posted but generally they are pretty good).

I see why the mods have taken this stance now though as it has got a little ridiculous in other threads where the debates shouldn't be happening.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2013, 01:07:17 am »
Fucking this.

This place used to be a real laugh, full of real 'characters'.

Feels far too sanistised these days.

Threads like this are exhibit A.

This is a great forum/community. In terms of actual engaging football debate...not so much these days. Its just too god damn big and too many idiots have broadband.
You have completely the wrong end of the stick. That's the whole point, we're trying to get it back to what it was. That much is obvious from the first page - read it again.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2013, 01:09:50 am »

The persistent negativity of the title is not just referring to negativity about FSG. There are other posters who harbour loathing for the manager, or particular players and feel obliged to mention said opinion whenever an opportunity arises (or can be forced). And it is so very corrosive to the fabric of the place.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: January 20, 2013, 01:19:03 am »
I'm locking this for the night. It's bedtime and we need a break and it'll end up with pissed posters grumbling. Open tomorrow.
Yep.

Offline Veinticinco de Mayo

• Almost as nice as Hellmans and cheaper too! Feedback tourist #57. President of ZATAA.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In an aeroplane over RAWK
« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2013, 10:20:42 am »
And re-opened for business.
Tweeting shit about LFC @kevhowson Tweeting shit about music @GigMonkey2
Bill Shankly - 'The socialism I believe in is not really politics; it is humanity, a way of living and sharing the rewards'

• Almost as nice as Hellmans and cheaper too! Feedback tourist #57. President of ZATAA.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: January 20, 2013, 10:26:10 am »
Don't ask me, I don't do the binning!

I don't mind the debates personally (I mind some of the crap that gets posted but generally they are pretty good).

I see why the mods have taken this stance now though as it has got a little ridiculous in other threads where the debates shouldn't be happening.

When you read it through you won't see the posts that have been deleted so you only get a very partial picture.  If we are modding to the best of our ability then it should not be obvious after the fact to see why any thread was binned because of the work we have alreaady done in an attempt to keep the thread going.  The binning is only the final act of mercy when our attempts at surgery have failed.
Bill Shankly - 'The socialism I believe in is not really politics; it is humanity, a way of living and sharing the rewards'

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #153 on: January 20, 2013, 10:27:26 am »

Problem is, some of them are.
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #154 on: January 20, 2013, 10:29:28 am »
You have completely the wrong end of the stick. That's the whole point, we're trying to get it back to what it was. That much is obvious from the first page - read it again.

I've read it.

I didnt get the wrong end of the stick.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: January 20, 2013, 10:29:52 am »
Glad to see this happening. So many threads have gone from discussing something interesting, whether it's new or just a new clever variant of an old topic, just to be derailed by the same old posters and their agendas to the point it's locked.

Hopefully this will bring back a bit more sanity and enjoyability to the forum though from reading through this thread, it seems a few don't see it that way and more of a diktat on what will be discussed sadly. A forum only works if there are ground rules (same as if you were having a discussion in a pub) and it isn't just all about "internet winning" as was said above.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 10:32:11 am by JohnHobbes »

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: January 20, 2013, 10:32:41 am »
So by extension you welcome threads being derailed, you think that PERSISTENT negativity is fine and have no problem with people spinning agendas? OK. I think you need to look at the word persistent as a key one here. We take your point about those who persistently (and sometimes boringly) argue from a more positive standpoint but let's be honest, they are arguing with those who are persistently negative. That's the way it works.

My issue is how do you define persistenly negative and persistently positive? It's a very vauge term. Does it mean posting the same opinion in multiple threads? Or does it mean posting the same opinion in the same thread? How many negative or positive posts before it is considered persistent? Likewise, how often? Is it, every day, or every week?

I think stuff like this should be clarified so people can know the boundaries beforehand. Otherwsie, people will just end up have action taken against them for what they feel is voicing an opinion but for what a mod feels is "persistent negativity".
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 10:35:01 am by LFC_4_life »

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2013, 10:32:47 am »
Been on of the culprits of this, seeing as I genuinely believe the opposite of most people here about FSG. Will make a considered effort to try and positively contribute to other discussions about players, transfer targets and pre/post match discussions.

Apologies for my own part in this mods, and just for the record, I think this is a good idea and will make the site a lot more peaceful without the constant bickering and negativity (been a twat myself at times admittedly) and a better place to hang around for all.  :wave
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #158 on: January 20, 2013, 10:32:50 am »
The biggest concern for me (which the mods policy should help address) is the boy who cried wolf scenario, that if something sinister is going on that many of us (me included) ignore the signs and just think 'oh, its Al/Rossi/Walshy etc again, they've always hated FSG, lets just ignore them' and that with the amount of criticism FSG get (a lot of it unfair in my opinion) we become immune to it.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: January 20, 2013, 10:33:09 am »

Spot on as usual mate.

INS
Taking the piss
Homebaked Pies
Walking Boots
Brendan Rodgers big fat head
Whistling

OUTS
John W Henry's Money Bags
Constant griping
Gropes in Greggs Doorways
Kenny and Rafa
Trabs in the snow
Big fuck off headphones