Author Topic: Internet Dating (Careful now)  (Read 164578 times)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: Internet Dating (Careful now)
« Reply #80 on: January 7, 2013, 11:07:59 pm »
Thought I might as well post this in here.. I went speed dating on Saturday and I'd really recommend it.  It was pretty terrifying when the first bell rang, but I got right into it later on and you kind of pick up the knack of what to say and how to manage the 3 minutes.

Also, there were more girls than guys (which apparently is the norm), and the Honey Ratio™ was surprisingly high.

Really want to try this but can never find any mates to go along with and don't want to go on my own. Always looks like it'd be such a laugh (after a few drinks maybe).
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #81 on: January 7, 2013, 11:09:31 pm »
Tubby - redgriffen73 ... redgriffen73 - Tubby...

2 minutes on the clock, away you go.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: January 7, 2013, 11:12:28 pm »
Tubby - redgriffen73 ... redgriffen73 - Tubby...

2 minutes on the clock, away you go.

;D

Dammit, time's up. :P
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #83 on: January 7, 2013, 11:13:46 pm »
;D

Dammit, time's up. :P

Bit shy wasn't he?

Spelt your name wrong, what a faux pas - sorry. :D

Offline MULLENEDWINE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84 on: January 8, 2013, 01:41:54 am »
Yeah, mainly by douche bags. Hence they go on the internet to find kind, caring, sensitive guys like me

Oi, that's my angle good sir.

There can't be two kind caring and sensitive guys on the internet, it just isn't big enough. I officially slap you with my glove.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #85 on: January 8, 2013, 12:07:09 pm »
Really want to try this but can never find any mates to go along with and don't want to go on my own. Always looks like it'd be such a laugh (after a few drinks maybe).

There were quite a few people on their own there*, just do it.  But if you go with a friend, I think it's better if they're the opposite sex, because what happens if two of you like one person?  Could get awkward.

* They were all losers.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline trenchtownrasta

• fairy anne
  • Kopite
  • you may say I'm a dreamer,but I'm not the only one
« Reply #86 on: January 8, 2013, 08:38:13 pm »
Yeah, mainly by douche bags. Hence they go on the internet to find kind, caring, sensitive guys like me

I had a look at match.com in the perth area, there aren't that many on it but I swear there are only about 5% that I'd consider necking and they are "ten-mins-to-two" birds at best. I think Australia is too far behind the times for this voodoo.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2013, 08:41:13 pm by trenchtownrasta »
'Say what you like about deaf people'.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Internet Dating (Careful now)
« Reply #87 on: January 8, 2013, 09:01:25 pm »
I had a look at match.com in the perth area, there aren't that many on it but I swear there are only about 5% that I'd consider necking and they are "ten-mins-to-two" birds at best. I think Australia is too far behind the times for this voodoo.
you need to get down Yabby Creek mate loads of Sheilas down there ;)
Serious though I always imagined Australia would be crawling with bikini clad women at every turn . Been invited to Perth for a free holiday ,don't think I'll bother now :D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: January 8, 2013, 09:15:44 pm »
It's really stupid that so many people are so anal about this. So much so, that people who use dating sites often feel they will be mortified if their friends find out. The broader society is rather immature about the subject really. 

I think that opinion has changed quite a bit now. It seems a normal way to meet people now.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2013, 09:17:41 pm by killer_heels »

Offline Scaryscouse

• Purveyor of shite english lager
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice packet of Crunchy Nut you got here
« Reply #89 on: January 8, 2013, 09:19:49 pm »
I know loads of people who hooked up and got married on these sites. I also know plenty of people who used them very successfully to sleep around and just date in general. Never done it myself but don't judge those who do.
I remember years ago doing the fart with your fingers pointed like a gun.

I did it to my brother, I had a dressing gown on.

Instead of farting I shat on the floor - my brother thought I was demented.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: January 8, 2013, 09:23:08 pm »
There were quite a few people on their own there*, just do it.  But if you go with a friend, I think it's better if they're the opposite sex, because what happens if two of you like one person?  Could get awkward.

Good point, not thought of that before.

* They were all losers.

;D

Saw a match.com advert earlier and it said 1 in 5 people now find their partner online, was quite surprised it was that high but shows how accepted it's become.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #91 on: January 8, 2013, 09:25:40 pm »
I've been to a couple of weddings of my wife's friends (over 30, getting desperate ;) ) who met their other half online. I was dying for the Best Men to make a 'love at first type', 'they just double clicked straight away' gag but alas, they weren't as immature as me.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: January 8, 2013, 09:26:11 pm »
Good point, not thought of that before.

;D

Saw a match.com advert earlier and it said 1 in 5 people now find their partner online, was quite surprised it was that high but shows how accepted it's become.

It is pretty accepted now but yeah I saw those numbers and was surprised.

It's all bulked up by Londoners though who spend most of their time avoiding contact on the tube so that they can get home and have contact online :)

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #93 on: January 8, 2013, 10:35:01 pm »

Now, I just need to sit back and wait for the dames to roll on in.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #94 on: January 8, 2013, 10:51:07 pm »
Ethnicity-Hispanic/latin
Diet-Mostly other.

:lmao
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #95 on: January 8, 2013, 11:14:09 pm »
 :wellin
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline cissepower

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: January 9, 2013, 06:20:46 pm »
It is pretty accepted now but yeah I saw those numbers and was surprised.

It's all bulked up by Londoners though who spend most of their time avoiding contact on the tube so that they can get home and have contact online :)

My mate is getting married to a girl he met on the tube. They were fighting over an arm rest (awwww).

Maybe Londoners should just get a day pass and ride the tube all day?
~~Justice For The 96, You'll Never Walk Alone~~

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: January 9, 2013, 08:17:22 pm »
A couple of pretty lasses I knew who wanted serious boyfriends were always on the dating sites. One neighbour who was a head turner had something like 20 different dates in 6 weeks eventually settling on one lad who she is still seeing. Options are bounce around a couple of bars and maybe chat to one drunk lass during the night or say hi to 10 online in one hour and probably get at least one bite. No brainer if you want a relationship or even a shag.

Def would stray away from the 40 year old women with no kids but say maybe to the 'I want kids' ...thats a fasttrack waiting to happen. Midlife crisis for guys ...a car. For women...kids :)
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline jammy dodger

• going to make your vagina cry
  • Legacy Fan
  • pass and move.
« Reply #98 on: January 9, 2013, 09:27:48 pm »
For the better part of two years, OKcupid provided a conveyor belt of solidly above average looking women that I would perform cunnilingus on once or twice and never call again. Then I met my current girlfriend on there.
"Anything can happen. Danny Ings can happen" - Ellie Goulding

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #99 on: January 9, 2013, 09:46:14 pm »
For the better part of two years, OKcupid provided a conveyor belt of solidly above average looking women that I would perform cunnilingus on once or twice and never call again. Then I met my current girlfriend on there.

How did you get your user name out of interest?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: January 9, 2013, 09:59:34 pm »
How did you get your user name out of interest?

:lmao

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2013, 02:22:21 pm »
heard pof.com is a good one for quick hook ups

got a mate always going on about it

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2013, 07:52:17 am »
Yea ive met loads from POF. Some right mucky tarts on there. Although with my natural charm and good looks it gets expensive taking all these women out for a drink. Bitches.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2013, 05:58:02 pm »
Seriously putting some thought into attempting this as I'm sick of one nighters and come to the realisation that decent girls cant usually be met on a night out anymore as unlike even up to 10 years ago that is no longer the only option.  I know it'd be better on the paid ones as its less likely to get fake profiles but anyone know of any better free ones than POF just so I can see how it goes?

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2013, 06:07:32 pm »
freedating.co.uk

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2013, 06:20:44 pm »
Try Plentymorefish.com.

Offline joel

• Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Leeeaaaannnn! Please don't ban him just because you can!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All round the fields of Anfield road.
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2013, 06:51:47 pm »

Now, I just need to sit back and wait for the dames to roll on in.

Caught anything yet?
Quote from: CONFIAMOS on December 24, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Perfect irony, out of everything he could have pictured next to, he's by a chocolate frog.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2013, 07:42:30 pm »
I think the stigma is starting to recede, but, (no offence) if you're a teen or in your early twenties using such a site, it can come across as a bit sad. Unfortunately there's still a stigma. I do my best not to propagate it. It's easy to sink into the mindset that everyone has the opportunities to meet people. Very surprised that 1 in 5 are online relationships. If that get's any higher, it'll eventually become as normal as a normal meeting.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline lauz

• Looking for a talented pastie smasher. Apply within.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2013, 09:05:25 pm »
Seriously putting some thought into attempting this as I'm sick of one nighters and come to the realisation that decent girls cant usually be met on a night out anymore as unlike even up to 10 years ago that is no longer the only option.  I know it'd be better on the paid ones as its less likely to get fake profiles but anyone know of any better free ones than POF just so I can see how it goes?

oasis

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2013, 09:17:36 pm »
Try Plentymorefish.com.

load of bollocks, you have to pay to read any messages

the same company runs another site called localslappers.co.uk, sign up on both and you'll get constant emails from both sites saying the same bird has sent you a message, just a scam to get you to part with your money

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2013, 09:23:11 pm »

the same company runs another site called localslappers.co.uk, sign up on both and you'll get constant emails from both sites saying the same bird has sent you a message, just a scam to get you to part with your money

This is the only sad side of this hole charade. I'm sure there are genuine people out there who either have shyness issues, social anxiety problems or are just seriously lonely.

And they get stiffed by some c*nt half way around the world, living in cancun, on a sunlounger, wiggling his toes.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2013, 09:25:43 pm »

I wouldn't know mate I don't' belong to these sites.  I just know that website because a mate's sister signed up to pleanty morefish a few weeks ago.

Online FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2013, 09:31:50 pm »

I wouldn't know mate I don't' belong to these sites.  I just know that website because a mate's sister signed up to pleanty morefish a few weeks ago.

link?  ;)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #113 on: December 17, 2014, 04:18:26 am »
I have been se bored on my own at home after Tracy passed away I joined a free one just to chat to people and must admit I have chatted to some nice people and a few strange ones.

I was chatting to a girl for about a week and said to her I was off shopping in Trowbridge and she said thats where she lived and she talked me into going for a coffee and on the way she rang me and said that she couldn't leave the dog on its own and I would have to go to her house for a drink.

I didn't really want to do that but agreed and when I got there her dog was huge and mean and kept trying to attack me I was to scared even to move

she fostered street dogs from eastern Europe keeps them for a little while until they find new homes.

She told me this one hated men and it was lucky I didn't have a beard, she told me not to make any sudden movements, sudden noises or not look into his eyes. she could have warned me about this before so I could have canceled it.

Everytime I moved it growled at me the worse moment was I went to drink my coffee and banged my elbow on the table I quickly grabbed my elbow and went ouch and the dog charged at me the lady got in between us to stop it and started to hit it on the head with a rolled up newspaper I was thinking you will just make it more annoyed.

it all got a bit surreal when she started rubbed my leg and I asked what she was doing and she said trying to get the dog use to me.

It was the longest hour of my life Tracy would have laughed so much.

later on she messaged me again and said she really enjoyed the chat and did I want to visit again I declined.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 04:20:06 am by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #114 on: December 17, 2014, 04:33:46 am »
I have been se bored on my own at home after Tracy passed away I joined a free one just to chat to people and must admit I have chatted to some nice people and a few strange ones.

I was chatting to a girl for about a week and said to her I was off shopping in Trowbridge and she said thats where she lived and she talked me into going for a coffee and on the way she rang me and said that she couldn't leave the dog on its own and I would have to go to her house for a drink.

I didn't really want to do that but agreed and when I got there her dog was huge and mean and kept trying to attack me I was to scared even to move

she fostered street dogs from eastern Europe keeps them for a little while until they find new homes.

She told me this one hated men and it was lucky I didn't have a beard, she told me not to make any sudden movements, sudden noises or not look into his eyes. she could have warned me about this before so I could have canceled it.

Everytime I moved it growled at me the worse moment was I went to drink my coffee and banged my elbow on the table I quickly grabbed my elbow and went ouch and the dog charged at me the lady got in between us to stop it and started to hit it on the head with a rolled up newspaper I was thinking you will just make it more annoyed.

it all got a bit surreal when she started rubbed my leg and I asked what she was doing and she said trying to get the dog use to me.

It was the longest hour of my life Tracy would have laughed so much.

later on she messaged me again and said she really enjoyed the chat and did I want to visit again I declined.

;D It's good that you socialize again a bit. Quite funny story though
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #115 on: December 17, 2014, 04:45:01 am »
;D It's good that you socialize again a bit. Quite funny story though

To tell you the truth I didn't really want to but I am a bit of a softie and she talked me in to it I thought it was far to early to do things like that and in the end it just made me realise how much I still miss Tracy.

It amazing how many girls offer to go out on dates with you on these sites I think they like it that Tracy was my one and only girlfriend.

A girl wants to take me to see the Hobbit on Sunday may be temped because she said she would pay.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #116 on: December 17, 2014, 05:44:27 am »
To tell you the truth I didn't really want to but I am a bit of a softie and she talked me in to it I thought it was far to early to do things like that and in the end it just made me realise how much I still miss Tracy.

It amazing how many girls offer to go out on dates with you on these sites I think they like it that Tracy was my one and only girlfriend.

A girl wants to take me to see the Hobbit on Sunday may be temped because she said she would pay.

You'll meet all kinds of characters on the internet. You only have to look oh here  ;D

I'm sure Tracy is watching out for you though, close escape there with the dog lady  ;D

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: December 17, 2014, 06:35:13 am »
Dont have to be just after sex etc, ive met some lovely women on dating sites, then i met my partner...
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #118 on: December 17, 2014, 07:03:47 am »
Dont have to be just after sex etc, ive met some lovely women on dating sites, then i met my partner...

Thats very true thats the trouble with the girl who wants to meet me on Sunday we seem to get on really well.

Likes all the same types of tv shows, films etc. I even got her into game of thrones and she watched all the first 4 series in a week.

It will only spoil it if we meet and she finds out how boring I am in real life.

Oh well at least I will get to see the hobbit for free.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: December 17, 2014, 07:08:47 am »
I must admit my partner is a bit moody. If i offer to pay for something she gets nasty and pushes me away. She also bought me a Zx10 and many other bits. Shes a fucker when pissed and i dont mean fucker in a good, physical way ;)