Author Topic: Weed made legal in Colorado/Washington  (Read 5684 times)

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
Re: Weed made legal in Colorado/Washington
« Reply #40 on: August 1, 2017, 10:46:05 pm »
The only common sense approach...

Portugal did something similar.

Drug abuse should not be a legal issue, it should be a mental health issue.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: August 1, 2017, 10:53:33 pm »
Portugal had a massive drop in crime rate as well. The only downside is that there's hardly any Portuguese over here in the Netherlands these days and they were generally good people.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: August 2, 2017, 02:54:32 pm »
I'll just say......there's a lot of common sense in here.  Or, put another way, there is EXPONENTIALLY more sense to be made of this, than of anything that Jeff Sessions is currently doing...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/08/01/cory-booker-puts-marijuana-legalization-at-the-center-of-his-new-racial-justice-bil/?utm_term=.2bf6a1500fc1

I don't like it when legalization activists focus on the racial disparity - it is accurate, but for the people whose opinions you are trying to turn around, it's the last thing they care about. In fact it's probably what they like most about the war on drugs.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: August 5, 2017, 05:30:23 pm »
What will be of the hundreds of thousamd black males incarcerated for the most minor weed offenses under Clinton's racially charged 3 strikes laws?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk