Author Topic: Made On The Mersey. - Liverpool's Film locations thread.  (Read 40170 times)

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Made On The Mersey. - Liverpool's Film locations thread.
« Reply #80 on: March 6, 2013, 02:42:24 pm »

I did shit myself yesterday, when I realised there were about 200 filf crew and half a dozen horses and jockeys at the end of my road.

Now I know why.

LIVERPOOL’s back gardens and parks were turned into a surprise racecourse as jockeys jumped neighbours’ fences, hurtled over cars and lined up on a football pitch.

It was all part of a national television advert, filmed at Everton Brow, to promote Channel 4’s racing coverage.

Stunt jockeys in silks took part in a horse race with a difference yesterday ahead of this year’s Grand National.

The ECHO captured the runners and riders as crews shot the promo for the world’s greatest steeplechase at Aintree next month – 40 years since Red Rum’s first Grand National win.

And, as our photographs show, the ad will provide a unique look at the city skyline when it airs across the Channel 4 network from March 19.

People were today invited to watch in public viewing areas from 10.45am as filming continued this morning. It will give racing fans a unique and exciting chance to get involved in the Grand National build-up.

The unique advertising campaign comes after Channel 4 secured a four-year deal to broadcast the Grand National, the Derby and Royal Ascot this year. The deal means the channel will be the exclusive broadcaster of British racing on terrestrial television.

Crews were expected on site at the View Club, in Everton Road, today to continue work on the project.

Yesterday, news of the filming spread on Twitter as Channel 4 Racing posted photos of the 10 horses at the start.

Behind-the-scenes images showed them flying over fences in the pretend steeplechase and galloping through a series of gardens.

Others captured a team preparing the water jump and a jockey charging past a greenhouse with a backdrop of houses.

One photo showed a smashed greenhouse with the words: “Er, he wasn’t supposed to go through the greenhouse.”

Footage was also taken at a football pitch which doubled up as an unsaddling enclosure as horses, jockeys and crew stood next to goalposts.

Read more: Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2013/03/06/liverpool-city-landscape-transformed-into-racecourse-ahead-of-grand-national-at-aintree-100252-32930179/#ixzz2MlqXB0Mw

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: March 6, 2013, 03:19:46 pm »
Was a beautiful grey horse and rider running around the park opposite my place this morning.  I thought it had something to do with the film they'd been shooting.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: March 7, 2013, 07:37:25 am »
I did shit myself yesterday, when I realised there were about 200 filf crew and half a dozen horses and jockeys at the end of my road.

Now I know why.

LIVERPOOL’s back gardens and parks were turned into a surprise racecourse as jockeys jumped neighbours’ fences, hurtled over cars and lined up on a football pitch.

It was all part of a national television advert, filmed at Everton Brow, to promote Channel 4’s racing coverage.

Stunt jockeys in silks took part in a horse race with a difference yesterday ahead of this year’s Grand National.

The ECHO captured the runners and riders as crews shot the promo for the world’s greatest steeplechase at Aintree next month – 40 years since Red Rum’s first Grand National win.

And, as our photographs show, the ad will provide a unique look at the city skyline when it airs across the Channel 4 network from March 19.

People were today invited to watch in public viewing areas from 10.45am as filming continued this morning. It will give racing fans a unique and exciting chance to get involved in the Grand National build-up.

The unique advertising campaign comes after Channel 4 secured a four-year deal to broadcast the Grand National, the Derby and Royal Ascot this year. The deal means the channel will be the exclusive broadcaster of British racing on terrestrial television.

Crews were expected on site at the View Club, in Everton Road, today to continue work on the project.

Yesterday, news of the filming spread on Twitter as Channel 4 Racing posted photos of the 10 horses at the start.

Behind-the-scenes images showed them flying over fences in the pretend steeplechase and galloping through a series of gardens.

Others captured a team preparing the water jump and a jockey charging past a greenhouse with a backdrop of houses.

One photo showed a smashed greenhouse with the words: “Er, he wasn’t supposed to go through the greenhouse.”

Footage was also taken at a football pitch which doubled up as an unsaddling enclosure as horses, jockeys and crew stood next to goalposts.

Read more: Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2013/03/06/liverpool-city-landscape-transformed-into-racecourse-ahead-of-grand-national-at-aintree-100252-32930179/#ixzz2MlqXB0Mw

I live 2 minutes from here and have only just found out what was happening.Cheers Richie.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: March 7, 2013, 12:09:31 pm »
To be honest Peter, I appreciate you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs and all that, so there's bound to be a bit of disruption to the local population, but if I'm honest, I'm glad it's all over, as it's been an absolute fucking nightmare around here for the last week, and especially the last three days.

They basically annexed the park and all of the streets around it.

I'm only surprised no one has been killed or seriously injured, as hundreds - yes, hundreds - of cars from the crew, and the extras have appeared everywhere, and just parked where the fuck they wanted, it would seem without any thought to the locals.

I had to edge out on to Everton road in my car, past two lines of double parked vehicles, to an almost gridlocked major A road, and nearly got my bonnet took off by another car, as I had to pull into the middle of the road to see past the double line of vehicles parked on the pavement and road.

It's been a fucking nightmare for the locals, but I'm sure if you ask anyone from the council who gave the permits etc. they'll tell anyone who'll listen what a wonderful success it's all been.   :tosser

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: March 7, 2013, 12:20:45 pm »
To be honest Peter, I appreciate you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs and all that, so there's bound to be a bit of disruption to the local population, but if I'm honest, I'm glad it's all over, as it's been an absolute fucking nightmare around here for the last week, and especially the last three days.

They basically annexed the park and all of the streets around it.

I'm only surprised no one has been killed or seriously injured, as hundreds - yes, hundreds - of cars from the crew, and the extras have appeared everywhere, and just parked where the fuck they wanted, it would seem without any thought to the locals.

I had to edge out on to Everton road in my car, past two lines of double parked vehicles, to an almost gridlocked major A road, and nearly got my bonnet took off by another car, as I had to pull into the middle of the road to see past the double line of vehicles parked on the pavement and road.

It's been a fucking nightmare for the locals, but I'm sure if you ask anyone from the council who gave the permits etc. they'll tell anyone who'll listen what a wonderful success it's all been.   :tosser

Yeah, I love the way the parking authorities can turn a blind eye when these situations arise just because they've handed permits out to allow these things to happen.The attitude of the council towards parking really winds me up.I could go off topic here and tell you a story that really winds me up.

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: March 7, 2013, 01:21:43 pm »
Don't get me wrong, as I said, a bit of disruption was inevitable, but the sheer chaos it's caused this past few days has been unreal.

At it's peak, there must of been 300+ people on it, on Tuesday.  Cast, crew, security, extra's, blah, blah, blah.

The resilts, will no doubt be spectacular, as what they've done to the park is amazing.

They've built water features, a mini football pitch, garden allotments, and all used as a backdrop for the horses and jockeys.

Here's a few I took earlier in the week.

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: March 7, 2013, 02:35:41 pm »
There you go, it made the papers.

STUNT horses from some of the biggest blockbuster films powered through a Liverpool park as they completed their second day of filming in the city.

The runners, who were stabled at Aintree, included Sultan, an eight-year-old bay who starred as Joey in Steven Spielberg’s War Horse.

Horse masters from The Devils Horsemen brought in 10 stunt horses including Irish hunters for the promo.

Some of the team’s four-legged stars had filmed for movies such as Les Miserables and TV drama Game of Thrones.

shots taken at Everton Park included the horses and the jockeys jumping over parked cars, darting through allotments and hurtling over football goalposts.

Crews and 300 extras took over the View Club, in Everton Road, yesterday to complete the ambitious two-day shoot.

The area was transformed as neighbours’ back gardens were extended, allotments were created and a pond was added.

A football pitch, skate park and market stalls were brought in and 900 hired artificial daffodils were planted to inject colour.

Olivia Browne, business director for 4 Creative, the communications company set up by Channel 4, said: “The idea was to take the race off the track and bring it into a context which people can relate to. We’ve had horses jumping over picnic benches and over back gardens and running past a speed camera. So people can understand a bit more about the skill of the jockeys and what the sport entails if they have never experienced horse racing.

“We shot them running with the skyline in the background because we wanted to get Liverpool into it.”

The 90-second advert, which will air from March 19, will promote this year’s Grand National at Aintree.

Producer Louise Oliver said it was key to film in the city because of the event’s history.

Racing presenter Nick Luck and commentator Simon Holt were also on location

Read more: Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2013/03/07/movie-stunt-horses-make-grand-national-advert-a-real-winner-in-liverpool-gallery-100252-32938001/#ixzz2MrdZHYsa

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2013, 02:31:35 pm »
Liverpool Film Office launches new website and reveals full list of city’s movie and television history

A NEVER seen before complete archive of Liverpool’s rich film and television history has been released.

The new website – www.liverpoolfilmoffice.tv– showcases the city as one of the UK’s top filming locations.

It includes snaps, clips and details of hundreds of movies, programmes, adverts and music videos, all filmed in Liverpool.

This dates back as far as 1896 when a film called Liverpool Scenes was shot in the city by Alexandre Promio for the Lumiere Brothers.

It is the earliest recorded footage of Liverpool’s Lime Street Station and the Liverpool Overhead Railway, which opened in 1893.

An extensive Made on Merseyside list charts major blockbusters including The 51st State, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Sherlock Holmes and Fast and Furious 6.

Liverpool Film Office bosses revealed the site would also be a one-stop shop for producers looking to film in Merseyside.

Filmmakers can find out information about the locations available, crew, casting agencies and recommendations for where units can be based.

Kevin Bell, locations co-ordinator for the Liverpool Film Office, said: “It has been a labour of love and we’ve been working on it for quite a while.

“With a lot of the documents and the Made on Merseyside list we had versions running internally for years but we didn’t have the website to make them available to the public.

“Again with the images, we made a point of keeping hold of everything we could because we wanted to be able to show them together for the first time.

“It seemed the best time to do it with having such a successful year. We’ve got some major projects being filmed in the city over the next year and we wanted to capitalise on that and also move forward.

“The website is aimed at those in the industry but hopefully the people of Liverpool can enjoy the images and information as well.”

There is an option for businesses, community groups, schools or even homeowners to register their location as a potential filming venue.

The list includes the movie Noble, which was filmed in the city earlier this month, and classics throughout the decades such as In The Name Of The Father (1993), Shirley Valentine (1989), Yanks (1979) and A Hard Days Night (1964).

A dedicated YouTube channel which shows examples of different filming was also set up, ranging from a McCain’s pizza advert from 1994 and a music video for The Coral’s Dreaming of You to BBC drama Good Cop and Hollywood blockbuster Captain America.

In 2012 filming levels increased by 22% on the previous year with 894 filming days taking place in the city.

In total 227 films, programmes and adverts were filmed, which brought in £19m to the local economy.

Councillor Wendy Simon, Liverpool city council’s cabinet member for culture and tourism, said: “Year-on-year we’ve seen an increase in the number of productions coming to the city.

“The feedback we get from producers is they want to return to the city again and again, not just because of the amazing variety of locations but because of the advice and support they receive from the Film Office.

“This website allows industry experts, as well as the general public, a real insight into the work of this city council team in attracting people to film in the city, and also the extent of the portfolio over the years which is huge.

“Already in 2013 a movie is being filmed in the city along with a national advert to be aired on Channel 4, so it looks set to be another bumper year making Liverpool one of the most popular filming locations in the UK.”

Read more: Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2013/03/15/liverpool-film-office-launches-new-website-and-reveals-full-list-of-city-s-movie-and-television-history-100252-32992418/#sitelife-commentsWidget-bottom#ixzz2NcQfNz9X

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2013, 01:20:30 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PW-aRqeZMQ8?version=3" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/PW-aRqeZMQ8?version=3</a>

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2013, 10:09:53 pm »
Add to that Peaky Blinders, the new mini-series just started on BBC2.

I've never heared so many Brum accents around Birmingham Liverpool.  ;)

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/film-tv/bbc-show-peaky-blinders-gives-5907252

Starring Cillian Murphy and Sam Neill.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 10:11:48 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: October 2, 2013, 11:50:16 am »
Add to that Peaky Blinders, the new mini-series just started on BBC2.

I've never heared so many Brum accents around Birmingham Liverpool.  ;)

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/film-tv/bbc-show-peaky-blinders-gives-5907252

Starring Cillian Murphy and Sam Neill.
I've been watching this, it's quite good.
Had no idea it was set in Liverpool. They've done a great job with the locations, it looks very authentic.

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: October 2, 2013, 10:21:53 pm »
I've been watching this, it's quite good.
Had no idea it was set in Liverpool. They've done a great job with the locations, it looks very authentic.
I think you'll find it's set in Birmingham.

A lot of the filming is done around Stanley Dock, and  the Dingle. IE: The terraced streets, and the working steelworks(on set) is the Stanley Dock warehouse.  ;)

Liverpool, passed off as 1920s Birmingham.  :wave

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2014, 01:31:29 pm »
Anyone know where The Mighty Wahs The Story Of The Blues was filmed?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FO5-w3540H8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/FO5-w3540H8</a>
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2014, 03:51:07 pm »

Was it The State?

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2014, 05:11:59 pm »

Chauffeurs? - no I don't think so. There must have been loads of basement dive bars back in the 80s.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 05:14:18 pm by kavah »

Online CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2014, 08:01:25 am »
Anyone know why there was a crew in the car park behind the Adelphi sometime last week?
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2014, 04:48:42 pm »
Anyone know why there was a crew in the car park behind the Adelphi sometime last week?

Filming a movie about cilla black I think , was parking up on duke street on Wednesday afternoon and 'sound'
The cafe bar I go into sometimes was shut for the day as they were filming a scene in there, lots of young adults dressed in sixties gear . It was quite a big shoot as police and security had part of the road blocked off

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2014, 11:57:25 am »
Filming a movie about cilla black I think , was parking up on duke street on Wednesday afternoon and 'sound'
The cafe bar I go into sometimes was shut for the day as they were filming a scene in there, lots of young adults dressed in sixties gear . It was quite a big shoot as police and security had part of the road blocked off
Sounds like a lorra fun that, chuck.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2014, 01:58:18 pm »
I wonder if the Cilla film will include her getting screwed in the Cavern cloak room by West Indian men?
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2014, 09:35:44 pm »
I wonder if the Cilla film will include her getting screwed in the Cavern cloak room by West Indian men?
Plural  :shocked

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2014, 05:56:57 am »
I saw in the credits some of Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit was filmed in the city.
Going through the film, it looked like a car chase scene was filmed near Dale Street.
And Sinbad from Brookside was in it for one scene with an American accent.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline Wallingtonian

• "Always been a blues fan..." <--- outed! Bless :) Waspish.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2014, 09:43:30 am »
I saw in the credits some of Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit was filmed in the city.
Going through the film, it looked like a car chase scene was filmed near Dale Street.
And Sinbad from Brookside was in it for one scene with an American accent.
Yes I saw Sinbad in that movie. Very odd casting, but he got away with it.

There's also a scene in the most recent Fast & Furious movie (6 I think) shot in Liverpool. Its the car race thing, Vin Diesel against someone else, supposedly in London. It looks a lot like Somerset House where the race starts (I'm not 100% sure, but it's a lot like it). Then, seconds later, they're zooming down what looks like Piccadilly, which would probably take five minutes to get to even in light traffic. The camera cuts to another angle and, as if by magic, they're bombing along Dale Street and pass what is instantly recognisable as Liverpool Town Hall on the right, as they head towards the river. Blink and you'll miss it but it's most definitely Liverpool

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2014, 10:39:09 am »
Yes I saw Sinbad in that movie. Very odd casting, but he got away with it.

There's also a scene in the most recent Fast & Furious movie (6 I think) shot in Liverpool. Its the car race thing, Vin Diesel against someone else, supposedly in London. It looks a lot like Somerset House where the race starts (I'm not 100% sure, but it's a lot like it). Then, seconds later, they're zooming down what looks like Piccadilly, which would probably take five minutes to get to even in light traffic. The camera cuts to another angle and, as if by magic, they're bombing along Dale Street and pass what is instantly recognisable as Liverpool Town Hall on the right, as they head towards the river. Blink and you'll miss it but it's most definitely Liverpool

yeah it was all closed off.remember it well.All the crew and cars etc were parked up outside our old work near the docks.some boss cars, not that im into boy racing or anything but the cars where awesome
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: April 5, 2016, 03:01:03 pm »
There must have been plenty of sightings of these cars in town lately,

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/florence-foster-jenkins-filming-transforms-11021794
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: April 6, 2016, 10:10:34 pm »
Only just seen this ..the littlewoods building on edge lane is hopefully going to be turned into a film studio , second most filmed location in the country after London , but all the editing and such is done elsewhere after filming and they hope this will rectify that . A commitment of £5 million from merseyside councils if an acceptable business plan is produced

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpools-film-studio-hopes-5m-11095758

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2016, 05:57:55 pm »
Saw The Fantastic Beasts and where to find them trailer the other day, nice to see St George's Hall looking great in it as it doubled for New York.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2018, 08:15:54 am »
This seems the best thread to mention it, but finally got round to watching One Summer (ironically cos it was scorching outside!) which I got on DVD at Christmas.

I've heard good things about it and it didnt disappoint. Recognised a few locations locally and Southport.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2018, 10:33:07 pm »
This seems the best thread to mention it, but finally got round to watching One Summer (ironically cos it was scorching outside!) which I got on DVD at Christmas.

I've heard good things about it and it didnt disappoint. Recognised a few locations locally and Southport.

Was David Morrisey in that?

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: June 1, 2018, 09:37:21 am »
Danny Boyle was filming his new film yesterday in the Port of Liverpool building. There's not much on the IMDB page but it's apparently about a world where only one man remembers the Beatles

Anyone else know anything else?

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: June 1, 2018, 02:07:35 pm »
Danny Boyle was filming his new film yesterday in the Port of Liverpool building. There's not much on the IMDB page but it's apparently about a world where only one man remembers the Beatles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Untitled_Danny_Boyle/Richard_Curtis_film
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: June 1, 2018, 05:27:10 pm »

I walked past st George's yesterday and they were filming. Some lad was like "excuse me sir can I just stop you there" I was about to walk in the shot. Didn't even realise

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: June 2, 2018, 12:21:18 pm »
Danny Boyle is filming in Woolton Village, they coned off Church Road up to St Peters church when I was there yesterday.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #115 on: June 4, 2018, 07:59:07 am »
Was David Morrisey in that?

Yes mate, alongside an actor called Spencer Leigh and James Hazeldine, got the impression the scouse accents were really enhanced by the actors, but still a really good watch.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline exilescouse

• Lack sufficient letters for real testicles.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #116 on: June 6, 2018, 05:52:24 am »

My sister does a bit of loitering about in the background, she was at St Georges Hall yesterday as they were filming there. Don't know any more sorry

Offline exilescouse

• Lack sufficient letters for real testicles.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #117 on: June 6, 2018, 05:54:34 am »
Yes mate, alongside an actor called Spencer Leigh and James Hazeldine, got the impression the scouse accents were really enhanced by the actors, but still a really good watch.

Also Ian Hart as Rabbit, who went onto a dodgy American accent as one of the baddies in Enemy of the State with Will Smith, seems he has been in many other things also such as Harry Potter.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: June 7, 2018, 07:42:55 am »
Good news in that a film studio from London is taking about a third of the littlewoods art deco building on edge lane as  a new filming studio . I wasn't sure whether this would ever get off the ground but this announcement
Appears to show it will

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jun/06/twickenham-studios-to-open-liverpool-outpost

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #119 on: November 27, 2019, 01:58:32 am »
We could hardly move by our flat (Sefton Park) the past two days for film crew, cameras and their vehicles. Apparently they are filming 'Tin Star' with Tim Roth, though I can't say I've ever heard of it. The big villa on the corner of Ullet Road and Croxteth Gate is being used again. I know that was a location used in Foyle's War, amongst other things.

It's also been nice seeing Liverpool, Sefton Park palm house, Formby beach, Ainsdale woods, Croxteth Hall in War of the Worlds over the last two weeks.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 02:00:18 am by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.