Author Topic: The Bridge BBC4  (Read 13671 times)

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Bridge BBC4
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2016, 05:33:39 pm »
God I miss Saga

Looks like its pretty certain Season 4 will happen but I can't find anything concrete.  The writer and actors are all up for it but Hans Rosenfeldt says its all about time and money.

I've seen whispers of shooting starting late 2016 for a 2018 release.

Can't wait for season 4 (if it does happen) which looks to be lined up as Saga and Henrik going it alone to find Henrik's missing Kids.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-03-20/the-bridge-series-4-is-on-the-cards-says-creator-hans-rosenfeldt

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2016, 06:32:14 pm »
Missed season 3 which was annoying.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2016, 06:57:12 pm »
Missed season 3 which was annoying.

Get it watched Zilt. Its good :)

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #123 on: March 31, 2018, 06:29:17 pm »
Binge watched all 4 series of this over the last few days - absolutely incredible television. I love the character of Saga so much. It's very rare that I get emotional watching any television show but seeing Saga's development as the show went on made me misty eyed. Loved her relationships with Hans, Martin and Henrik and watching her learn and grow over the show's run.

Really enjoyed the plotting as well - think they got the mix of suspense, intrigue and drama mostly spot on and that there were plenty of clues (and red herrings) there throughout for the eagle eyed viewer to pick up. Almost feel like the plot played second fiddle to the characters, particularly in the final season, but that's no bad thing at all.

Series 4 spoiler:
Spoiler
It was such a massive bittersweet moment when Saga finds out that her mother did indeed have Munchausen syndrome by proxy and had been poisoning Jennifer for all those years, after she hadn't been believed for so long and had done prison time for her mother's death. Felt such a powerful mix of emotions at that point that you very rarely get from a TV show. Loved Saga giving Henrik a kiss goodbye as well - we know how much she dislikes kissing so it was a great display of real affection after she'd been told she was incapable of love.

On a lighter note, really enjoyed that we finally found out where Saga got her car from ;D
[close]

First 3 series are all on BBC iplayer for anyone who's never seen it, the 4th is coming to the BBC at some point this year or it's already available in the usual places online. :)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 06:54:22 pm by TheShanklyGates »
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline DrTobiasFunke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: April 1, 2018, 07:05:04 pm »
I had no idea season 4 was out already!

It's up there with some of the very best TV shows. The crime aspect is as good as most shows but, like you said, it's the character development that elevates it. Will be sad to see it finish.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #125 on: April 2, 2018, 01:10:20 pm »
My in depth analysis back in February

Bron/Broen's 4th season was lovely just for the fact alone we get to learn much more about Saga and Henrik. Story itself was decent but not overly gripping. Loved the ending.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline djibril

• wishes he had chosen a better username
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #126 on: May 11, 2018, 04:56:54 pm »
"If we want no criticism then we must work harder to ensure we don't deserve it" - Rafael Benitez

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: May 12, 2018, 09:02:18 pm »
So glad it's back.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: July 1, 2018, 10:21:44 pm »
Gutted its over for good.