Author Topic: Stoke City This Season  (Read 20192 times)

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Stoke City This Season
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2011, 01:17:50 pm »
If there was ever a reason for human cloning, Steven Gerrard is it.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2011, 01:18:21 pm »
Like Pulis a lot and I respect what he's done with that side, but as a team, I fucking hate Stoke. I'd happily see them relegated so we don't have to play the fuckers again.

Which is testiment to the job that Pulis has done there.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline koppitekop11

• dog shit
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2011, 01:42:39 pm »
Reina, Cech, Da Gea, Cassilas, Valdes, Buffon... ;D

;D
PSN: Pig-Swill     Xbox Live: PigSwill23
there's been a few nights ive had to relieve myself with her beside me in the bed, in fairness to her, she made some sex noises which helped me along the way

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2011, 01:49:08 pm »
Really dont like them but i think they have the best defensive unit in the league,they are incredibly hard to beat and play a lot better football than some on here give them credit for,cant see anything other than a top half table finish.

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2011, 01:58:15 pm »
There fucking shit, we should have beat them 4-1 at least, they don't even deserve there own thread, fucking Stoke City. fucks sake they'll finish about 12th and be knocked out the cups in a few weeks or whatever.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2011, 02:00:23 pm »
They finished 13th last year and lost 18 times. Fucking marvelous. They will do the same this year, there will be a thread about Wigan next.
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2011, 02:02:02 pm »
I hate the c*nts, don't care for all this 'fairplay to them it works bollocks', it works for them but it doesn't benefit me, therefore I despise them, always guaranteed to be a shite game when you play 'em.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2011, 02:02:34 pm »
Pulis has done a fantastic job.

They are the epitome of a Premier League side.  Scrap and fight for everything.

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2011, 02:17:10 pm »
Some teams have used techniques to try and put Delap off his long throws. Notable examples include, against Hull City on 29 November 2008; goalkeeper Boaz Myhill kicking the ball out for a corner instead into touch when under pressure. Unused Tigers substitute Dean Windass received a yellow card for unsporting behaviour after warming up too close to Delap when preparing to take a throw-in.[61] On 27 March 2010, West Ham United erected an extra set of hoardings considerably close to the touchline to hamper Delap's run-up, but he was still capable of reaching the penalty box in spite of the limited space. These hoardings backfired when a misplaced throw from Hammers defender Julien Faubert led to Ricardo Fuller to score the only goal of the game in the Potters' favour.[62] Burnley also tried a similar tactic however the match finished 1–1 with Stoke's goal coming from a Delap throw.[63]

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2011, 02:21:57 pm »
They'll be a pain in the arse to most teams, then probably Swansea and Norwich will go there and beat them and we'll all wonder, how the fuck that happened and why couldn't we. A tough nut to crack, it just depends who you are I reckon.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2011, 02:23:18 pm »
I can't remember them having one single organized attack against us last game. Can't believe people actually think they play "better" football than we give them credit for. They defend like their lives depend on it, and pray to score off a stray ball while attacking. Even the penalty we conceded, it wasn't even half a chance before Carra messed up.

Offline koppitekop11

• dog shit
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2011, 02:44:18 pm »
Really dont like them but i think they have the best defensive unit in the league,they are incredibly hard to beat and play a lot better football than some on here give them credit for,cant see anything other than a top half table finish.

What a load of bullshit. The best defensive unit in the league except for the fact they are shite away from home? How does that work? :o
there's been a few nights ive had to relieve myself with her beside me in the bed, in fairness to her, she made some sex noises which helped me along the way

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2011, 02:50:10 pm »
Their style has increasingly opened up with each passing season. They tend to revert to the type of narrow, defensive game they played against us when they face more reputable teams. I think being in a tough and far-flung Europa League group will take something out of them, but I still believe they'll finish in and around 7th-10th place this season.

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2011, 03:02:19 pm »
What a load of bullshit. The best defensive unit in the league except for the fact they are shite away from home? How does that work? :o
Looking at this season,clean sheets against liverpool and chelsea,beat west brom away and another clean sheet,they seem to get better and better each season under pulis.I hate em with a passion mate but they defend like there lives depend on it and i cant see them conceding that many this year especially if(and its a big if)woodgate stays fit as i think he's quality.
Last year they weren't that good away from home but i think they could surprise a lot of people this year

Offline mildale

• Mildly Jealous of a custom title
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2011, 03:07:36 pm »
Don't mind them really, but they were fucking abysmal on Saturday. Absolute joke that a Premier League team can get only 25% possession at home. Still, they won so I doubt they'll complain that much about it.
www.twitter.com/mildale89

Oh and dont use Mars bars as sex tools. Took me ages to get it all out.

Offline koppitekop11

• dog shit
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2011, 03:10:40 pm »
Looking at this season,clean sheets against liverpool and chelsea,beat west brom away and another clean sheet,they seem to get better and better each season under pulis.I hate em with a passion mate but they defend like there lives depend on it and i cant see them conceding that many this year especially if(and its a big if)woodgate stays fit as i think he's quality.
Last year they weren't that good away from home but i think they could surprise a lot of people this year

I know what your saying mate, on the face of it clean sheets against us and Chelsea look good, but when you watch the games they were so lucky. We should of had 2 penalties and Suarez missed a sitter, Chelsea should of had 1/maybe 2 penalties and I think Anelka hit the bar (might of been someone else I cant really remember) and they scored a last minute winner against West Brom thanks to a ridiculous mistake from Ben Foster aswell as a last minute equaliser against Norwich!

Not once this season have they played good football and yes they might have defended very well but in every game they've had luck/referee's on their side. In my opinion they should only have 1 point from four (0 against us, 0 against chelsea, 0 against norwich and 1 against wba!) and instead they have 8!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 03:13:10 pm by koppitekop11 »

Offline The Manhattan Project

• snood fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Have Become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2011, 03:11:01 pm »
They are alright. Pulis has done a good job.
china syndrome 810512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 59118 identification unknown 113
source transmission 4121 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 0101505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 010414 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2011, 04:17:18 pm »
I know what your saying mate, on the face of it clean sheets against us and Chelsea look good, but when you watch the games they were so lucky. We should of had 2 penalties and Suarez missed a sitter, Chelsea should of had 1/maybe 2 penalties and I think Anelka hit the bar (might of been someone else I cant really remember) and they scored a last minute winner against West Brom thanks to a ridiculous mistake from Ben Foster aswell as a last minute equaliser against Norwich!

Not once this season have they played good football and yes they might have defended very well but in every game they've had luck/referee's on their side. In my opinion they should only have 1 point from four (0 against us, 0 against chelsea, 0 against norwich and 1 against wba!) and instead they have 8!

admittedly i didnt see any of the game but a couple of stoke lads i work with said they defended superbly against yourselves and chelsea as well,i probably went a bit over the top but can still see them doing very well this season

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2011, 04:21:26 pm »
Said in another thread on here that they would finish above Spurs and Arsenal - got laughed out of town and upset Tommy. ;)
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2011, 04:28:52 pm »
It's a weird one with Stoke, because you hate the way they set up, but you can't but help admire how hard it is to beat them. None of the big clubs will enjoy a trip to away to Stoke because you know it's going to be a physical battle and you better get stuck in.

Also like Pulis not only for his recent comments about Kenny, but also seems much more astute than most people him credit. Consulted Rafa about their European campaign and was linked to buying Lucas for a long time.

What's this then?
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline PattoLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2011, 04:31:57 pm »
I dont really like them at all.  Admire what they have done with little resources they have but everytime you come up against them its a shit boring game.  Just something about them aswell that really grates on me, cant put my finger on it.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2011, 10:07:34 pm »
What's this then?
rafa was down at stoke a few weeks back - apparently he's big mates with pulis

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2011, 10:10:26 pm »
rafa was down at stoke a few weeks back - apparently he's big mates with pulis

Didn't know that, cheers.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2011, 01:05:36 am »
Would love to see how many throws in they get  ::)
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2011, 01:07:58 am »
also remember pulis defending benitez when he was under a lot of pressure and rumours of the sack

Offline richmond-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A stranger in a strange land.
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2011, 05:45:57 am »
Pulis seems a decent man. They have to try and survive in the top flight, that is their only raison d'etre

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2011, 06:08:08 am »
watch this thread act as a jinx and an in-crisis Sunderland finally  end their unbeaten run

Offline sidneyroughdiamond

• Legacy Fan
  • There is a light that never goes out
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2011, 06:56:49 am »
watch this thread act as a jinx and an in-crisis Sunderland finally  end their unbeaten run

I would put money on it, along with their annual awarding of 6 points to Man Utd.
Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2011, 07:16:16 am »
Pulis is doing a fantastic job with them, and although I can see them faltering at the end of the season through fatigue, I think they will get top 8 for sure. The epitomy of a team.

However, if they choke at home to United next week then they can go to hell ;D

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2011, 09:47:44 pm »
8 games played in Europe

Win 7
Draw 1
Loss 0

Pulis is truly a master tactician in Europe. Their record is fantastic.

knowing they are usually shit away from home after European ties, they'll probably lose 5-0 to Arsenal on sunday...hopin they can take points off of them though.

Will be a very tough game in CC next week.

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2011, 09:49:24 pm »
8 games played in Europe

Win 7
Draw 1
Loss 0

Pulis is truly a master tactician in Europe. Their record is fantastic.

knowing they are usually shit away from home after European ties, they'll probably lose 5-0 to Arsenal on sunday...hopin they can take points off of them though.

Will be a very tough game in CC next week.

Pulis for England.
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline Pride-Of-The-Midlands

• dumbrum
  • Anny Roader
  • Villa fan. England fan.
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2011, 09:50:41 pm »

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2011, 09:51:47 pm »
Pulis for Wales.

I know he's Welsh but that's a step in the wrong direction.
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2011, 09:58:01 pm »
looking forward to the barcelona-stoke city super cup next season! then we'll see how tough messi really is!

Offline Pride-Of-The-Midlands

• dumbrum
  • Anny Roader
  • Villa fan. England fan.
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2011, 09:58:42 pm »
I know he's Welsh but that's a step in the wrong direction.

That is true  :D

Offline Volante

• Kopite
  • Valar Morghulis
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2011, 09:59:25 pm »
looking forward to the barcelona-stoke city super cup next season! then we'll see how tough messi really is!

This match would be amazing.  I don't normally care for the Super Cup unless LFC is in it but that would be delicious.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2011, 08:26:51 am »
hopefully they can get it moved to The Britannia.

And November.

Offline pewithree3

• Has a grumpy old female arse.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2011, 08:35:46 am »
Change the width and length of the pitch for every game!

Offline Macca201188

• Kopite
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2011, 08:38:05 am »
A team set up for that tournament, definitely go far.
The reds are comin up the hill boys....

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool till I die
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2011, 09:33:27 am »
Fucking they have posseion stat as Stoke 36% to Mccabbi 64% and still own 3-0. Impressive :)
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

- Rafa Benitez : RIP Ray.